Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Trek: Iliade

east

Supernova
ExcaliburMarkII2.JPG

The Star Ship Oddyssy NCC - 71832 - B
The Destruction of the USS Odyssy NCC-7183 in 2370 marked the beginning of the Dominion Cold War, and the construction of the sovereign class starship would begin later that same year, during the dominion war only four Sovergn class ships had been produced. But after the dominion war, an additional twelve have been constructed with haste.

By the end of the dominion war, more ships had come off the line than capable officers to command them. The year is 2380 and the dominion war ended five years ago with death tolls in the untold millions. The federation is still recovering from its deep wounds, and tensions with the Romulan Star Empire are at an all-time high after the assassination of the Romulan High Council and a clone version of Captain Jean-Luc Picard named Shinzon attempted to commit a genocide of earth.

The new Odyssey - B is one of the twelve new sovereigns constructed for the Federation fleet. It's named legacy hoping to help guide the federation out of the dark ages of war and into something new and hopeful. However in it's hasty construction the Odyssey ended up just a touch... wrong. The lights flicker whenever the phasers fire, the shields are stuck at 98%, and the tables seem to vibrate whenever the ship reaches warp nine causing objects to fall over.

Rather than mothball one of the sixteen most expensive ships in the federation armada they decided to hand it to a crew fresh off the academy so that any defects could be written off as user error.

The ship is state of the art, but quirky, the crew is young and inexperienced, and yet somehow they will go forward. The Odyssey is about to leave the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards on its maiden voyage, all it needs is a crew.

The TL;DR of this is that I am looking to launch a Star Trek group RP. Set just after the movie insurrection, but following our own timeline and ship. I will get up character sheets a little later, but all characters will be 18+ as the crew is meant to be fresh out of the academy. I'm looking to get together a bridge crew, I would play as the captain, and that means we need:

Captain - (Captain Nellis Keoh) east
1st officer (Lt Commander Alexander Stephens) - Captain_Bond
2nd officer -
chief Tactical Officer -
chief medical officer (lt commander) -
chief science officer (Luitenant T'Vara) - Silverbird
-> Helmsman -
Acting Chief Engineer (P'rmess) - ChrisGabriel

If this continues to expand and go forward as I hope it will we will open up into more ranks and larger character bases than what I have currently posted.

I've been watching a lot of lower decks lately, and have been mulling over ideas for a star trek rp for a long time, so I hope this goes well and catches a lot of people's interest.

The long awated character profile thread is here: Star Trek Iliade character profiles

the RP thread is here too now

OOC chatter

Last edited:
My brother and his entire family crashed at my place for the weekend I know what I want the starting mission to be, but I likely won't get the opening post out till tuesday

Looking forward to it, enjoy your visitors.

Leata has been posted. I'm not as knowledgeable about the lore as many of you but I hope to be able to keep up.

My brother and his entire family crashed at my place for the weekend I know what I want the starting mission to be, but I likely won't get the opening post out till tuesday
If your post does not begin with the words "Captain's Log," I'm staging a mutiny with your Trekkie Card at stake :p

Here's a novel idea: why not use the uniform that is literally named for the ship we're about to crew?
Fun fact about that particular uniform, it's the one i used when I was playing that game a long time ago.

If your post does not begin with the words "Captain's Log," I'm staging a mutiny with your Trekkie Card at stake :p
To be fair, the ship wasn't on a mission yet, and Keoh was just waking up. So a captains log didn't make a lot of sense. Heck he wasn't even fully on the Oddyssey because reasons.

But hey everyone... I did the thing

Yeah your more than welcome to decide if your character was on the odyssey or the space station. I just put Keoh on the station because I liked the idea of getting an exterior of the ship somehow

I ground it out and unlocked the Sovereign!

Odyssey-over-Mars.png

Odyssey-over-Europe.png

Spacedock-Odyssey.png

Spacedock-Ventral-side.png

There's a reason that screenshot over Mars is cut off :) That's a shot from Sector Space. I just very carefully positioned the ship and angled the screenshot.

The "Mars" in the dock shots isn't Mars. It's Vulcan, which looks surprisingly Mars-esque.

Oh, those screenshots are awesome!

And an intro post! šŸ˜ Should we move to an OOC thread at this stage?

Opening up recruitment again, we need a new tactical officer, and a chief medical officer. Among other important positions

honestly, we could use a few more players at this point. We seem to have lost our first officer, and we still have a number of bridge crew and senior staff positions open. We need a chief tactical officer, a chief medical officer, a ship's counselor, among other positions. any interested people should reach out to me here or in the ooc chatter, or even DM me and we can work on getting you in the rp.

With the revival of this group, we need new crew, I don't know which positions are currently available, or what is stable right now, but what I do know is we could use some help, new and experienced rpers welcome.

Back
Top Bottom