Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Trek: Iliade

east

Supernova
ExcaliburMarkII2.JPG

The Star Ship Oddyssy NCC - 71832 - B
The Destruction of the USS Odyssy NCC-7183 in 2370 marked the beginning of the Dominion Cold War, and the construction of the sovereign class starship would begin later that same year, during the dominion war only four Sovergn class ships had been produced. But after the dominion war, an additional twelve have been constructed with haste.

By the end of the dominion war, more ships had come off the line than capable officers to command them. The year is 2380 and the dominion war ended five years ago with death tolls in the untold millions. The federation is still recovering from its deep wounds, and tensions with the Romulan Star Empire are at an all-time high after the assassination of the Romulan High Council and a clone version of Captain Jean-Luc Picard named Shinzon attempted to commit a genocide of earth.

The new Odyssey - B is one of the twelve new sovereigns constructed for the Federation fleet. It's named legacy hoping to help guide the federation out of the dark ages of war and into something new and hopeful. However in it's hasty construction the Odyssey ended up just a touch... wrong. The lights flicker whenever the phasers fire, the shields are stuck at 98%, and the tables seem to vibrate whenever the ship reaches warp nine causing objects to fall over.

Rather than mothball one of the sixteen most expensive ships in the federation armada they decided to hand it to a crew fresh off the academy so that any defects could be written off as user error.

The ship is state of the art, but quirky, the crew is young and inexperienced, and yet somehow they will go forward. The Odyssey is about to leave the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards on its maiden voyage, all it needs is a crew.

The TL;DR of this is that I am looking to launch a Star Trek group RP. Set just after the movie insurrection, but following our own timeline and ship. I will get up character sheets a little later, but all characters will be 18+ as the crew is meant to be fresh out of the academy. I'm looking to get together a bridge crew, I would play as the captain, and that means we need:

Captain - (Captain Nellis Keoh) east
1st officer (Lt Commander Alexander Stephens) - Captain_Bond
2nd officer -
chief Tactical Officer -
chief medical officer (lt commander) -
chief science officer (Luitenant T'Vara) - Silverbird
-> Helmsman -
Acting Chief Engineer (P'rmess) - ChrisGabriel

If this continues to expand and go forward as I hope it will we will open up into more ranks and larger character bases than what I have currently posted.

I've been watching a lot of lower decks lately, and have been mulling over ideas for a star trek rp for a long time, so I hope this goes well and catches a lot of people's interest.

The long awated character profile thread is here: Star Trek Iliade character profiles

the RP thread is here too now

OOC chatter

Last edited:
I am very interested in this. I love Star Trek. I have been in and and have run tabletop games but never an online game.

I would love to play a character I haven’t played on table top for a long time. Rojin Flax is a Trill whose previous ship was attacked. They security chief, the only other Trill on the ship and a romantic interest to Rojin was fatally injured during a battle. Because he was the only unjoined Trill on the ship. He had to accept the Flax symbiote. Actually guided the doctor who made the symbiotic transplant.

He never wanted to be a host. He dislikes the politics of Trill. He now is trying to reconcile being a host and having memories of his past lover inside of him.

What do you think?

I'm super excited people are responding positively to this post. I spent most of the day today in a coma still a bit wiped out from my travels yesterday, but I will get around to posting up a character thread soon as I can.

Rojin sounds like a very compelling character, and I hope to sort out some more information as to who I will be playing once I cam think properly and I'm not on my phone.

Hey there! I'd love to join this! Considering the 2nd Officer position, a young Academy graduate with an obsession with Earth's history, especially naval history.

Awesome and take your time. I am in no rush. I thought because this RP is your baby that you would play the Captain.

I also have the previous hosts mapped out. Rojin is the fourth host to host the flax symbiont

I am planning to play the captain, I just haven't fully developed the character in my head or on paper.

Rusty thank you for coming to the rp as well I believe the second officer position may be in the hands of Ahlanna since they asked in a pm, but once I get the character creation thread up it will be a bit of first come first serve to see who wants to do what.

My weekend got a bit busy as I got pulled into a road trip with some friends, but I want to get this operational as soon as possible.

I've been wanting to play an android, sort of a gender bent Data and this has possibilities. I could play an ensign level helmsman on the bridge crew but could probably mold her into any open position.

I'm curious as to what sort of posting frequency and smut level are you intending?

Hi!

So, we have a

Captain - east
2nd officer (rank commander) - Ahlanna
chief of security (rank lt commander) - CreativePassionMB ???
-> Tactical officer - RustySackle
chief science officer (rank Luitenant) - LeaT ???
-> Helmsman - LeaT ???

And some places open:
chief medical officer (rank lt commander)
chief engineer (NCO)

I am wondering if I could fill the shoes of one of those, if nobody jumps in?

f t
Hi!

So, we have a

Captain - east
chief of security (rank lt commander) - CreativePassionMB ???
-> Tactical officer - RustySackle
chief science officer (rank Luitenant) - LeaT ???
-> Helmsman - LeaT ???

And some places open:
chief medical officer (rank lt commander)
chief engineer (NCO)

I am wondering if I could fill the shoes of one of those, if nobody jumps in?
I was wondering if I could change from security chief to Chief Medical officer. Don’t know why I put security chief. Maybe because that was his previous host’s rank.

Oh, this sounds like fun! It looks like you've got a lot of interest already, but if you still have room for another I'd love to join in.

My character pitch is a Vulcan who's become fascinated by emotions since being immersed in other cultures at the academy. They're starting to question whether the Vulcan way of suppressing all emotion really is the most logical way to live, or if there's value in allowing themselves to feel — but they don't really know how to let themselves do that yet.

I haven't settled on a gender for that character yet, and am happy for them to fill out whatever role on the ship the group needs filled!

Captain - east
chief of security (rank lt commander) Tactical officer - RustySackle
chief medical officer (rank lt commander) - CreativePassionMB
chief science officer (rank Luitenant) - LeaT ??? Silverbird ???
-> Helmsman - LeaT ???
chief engineer (NCO) - Silverbird ??? ChrisGabriel ???

Also, the questionis the class of the USS Odessy:
USS Odyssey (NX-97000) 1664264354832.png
1664264388565.png
1664264529265.png
1664264398435.png

Hey everyone, sorry again for the delay my weekend away got out of hand and some bad Chinese food kicked my ass. I can try to roll through some of these questions.

I've been wanting to play an android, sort of a gender bent Data and this has possibilities. I could play an ensign level helmsman on the bridge crew but could probably mold her into any open position.

I'm curious as to what sort of posting frequency and smut level are you intending?

An android would be pretty cool, a female android is a fun idea for sure.

Posting frequency ironically I was hoping for people to get something out once a week though considering my own tardiness, we will just have to wait and see.

As for smut level, I see it as a bonus that we can write a story that involves sex, but I'd want it to be a story first. Space ships regardless of class are rather tight spaces so shit happens, but i don't want the odyssey to become the star fleet orgy bus.

Captain - east
chief of security (rank lt commander) Tactical officer - RustySackle
chief medical officer (rank lt commander) - CreativePassionMB
chief science officer (rank Luitenant) - LeaT ??? Silverbird ???
-> Helmsman - LeaT ???
chief engineer (NCO) - Silverbird ??? ChrisGabriel ???

Also, the questionis the class of the USS Odessy:
USS Odyssey (NX-97000) View attachment 23283
View attachment 23284
View attachment 23286
View attachment 23285

Thank you Chris for keeping up to date with everyone's positions while I've been away it is a huge help keeping this alive.

That said I do want to clarify the ships class is in my opening post, it's a sovereign, though admittedly one that isn't really working at 100%

The timeline of our story is 2380, which is like 3 years after insurrection, it's also the same year that Lower Decks, and the titain novels take place. A lot of those newer vessels won't be made for another 30-ish years. As STO takes place in 2411.

Our ships of the line range from the California class, and the Saber class work horses, the parliament and intrepid class being the majority (with the parliament slowly phasing out the old Excelsior class that was being used for 400 years too long)

And then you have the Luna and the Sovereign as the new hotness. At this point according to memory alpha only 16 Sovereign class ships had been built due to a rarity of components, and it's those same components (or lack there of) that give our ship some of its strange behaviors.

Edit: galaxy class ships would also be around, but there general ineffective design flaws and questionable choices make me wonder how the Enterprise D ever survived as long as it did. Apartment buildings in space.

Once a week is perfect for me, but I understand being busy and hope for the same in return when needed.

As for smut, I'm also happy to take things that happen behind closed doors into a PM if preferred. She is unlikely to initiate but will certainly be curious.

Once a week is not really fast, missing that should not be a stop for the others. Also, if two or more people make things go faster, that should be a possibility.

There is always the possibility for smaller arches of story happening without the whole ship on it. Sovereign class (Enterprise E) is huge, with thousands of people and families...

Once a week seems mostly reasonable, unless we get a sub board of our own and can run many divergent threads. Though I do like the idea of pm scenes if things between two characters require a bit more of a heated space.

The same could be said for the D and yet we only ever see the same 6-8 people making decisions. I will say post dominion war civilians on ships didn't happen as much anymore, and crew compliments were trimmed down a lot. But yes the ship is still rather large. Just means we have room to grow. :3

The same could be said for the D and yet we only ever see the same 6-8 people making decisions. I will say post dominion war civilians on ships didn't happen as much anymore, and crew compliments were trimmed down a lot. But yes the ship is still rather large. Just means we have room to grow. :3
Well, there are possibly whole decks that are not populated / working. And if no civilians, then we do need space marines!
Or even a couple of more small fighter crafts, decks re-made into hangars...

Once a week seems mostly reasonable, unless we get a sub board of our own and can run many divergent threads. Though I do like the idea of pm scenes if things between two characters require a bit more of a heated space.

I was wondering if I could switch from security chief to Chief Medical Officer? I meant that in my original post. The Symbiont's previous host was a security officer. I look forward to this game

Ladies and gentlemen (and all gender nonconforming beings), your resident BMR Star Trek expert is here! Or, one of us is, anyway. To begin with, please note the ship class in the following article:

Back
Top Bottom