Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Trek Iliad ooc

east

Supernova
Honestly should have made this a while ago.

The important links:
the rp thread
Interest and co-ordination thread
character profiles

The current crew listing:

Captain - (Captain Nellis Keoh) east
acting 1st officer (Lt Commander Alexander Stephens) - Captain_Bond
2nd officer -
chief Tactical Officer -
chief medical officer (lt commander) -
chief science officer (Luitenant T'Vara) - Silverbird
-> Helmsman (Ensign Leata) LeaT
Acting Chief Engineer (P'rmess) - ChrisGabriel

Last edited:
Well your comment about "for the next 100 years" confused the hell out of me so, yeah.
Not everything I say should be taken at face value, I do occasionally talk out my ass, however while there has been zero evidence of it considering the end of the first season of prodigy had them fully enlisted in starfleet skipping the academy at the age of 17, and with the direct support of Admiral Janway, we can assume Dal will likely be a captain before the age of 24 due to his unique entry into the series, however no beta Canon has yet been written for the protostar crew, and considering its main audience I don't know if it ever will.

last I spoke with her she had an idea she was starting to write down, that was on sunday. I like to think she will have something ready for us soon.

full disclosure I did receive one applicant that has since decided to not move forward. Their character was interesting, but they were also

from the Terran Empire, a genetic augment, being hunted by section 31/starfleet intelligence.

on their own any one of these ideas would have been fine, but I felt it was too much to be all three in a single character, when I told them that they respectfully chose not move forward with their application. So it is kind of my fault that we don't have at least one new member by now.

I was at my own work over the weekend, so I will be catching up on posts today, including the main thread, also thanks that decision was weighing pretty heavily on my mind.

before i post this and split the group I just want to make absolute sure I'm not messing this up.

Stephans and Nellis are heading to the security center

T'Vara, P'rmess and I believe Leata are heading to the vault is that correct?

before i post this and split the group I just want to make absolute sure I'm not messing this up.

Stephans and Nellis are heading to the security center

T'Vara, P'rmess and I believe Leata are heading to the vault is that correct?
Leata was going to follow the Captain and Stephans.

Stephens is truly a credit to the commander roll, I would have mocked my captain readily and willingly at that confession.

How collaboratively do you want to run these investigations, @east? Do you have details in mind for us to uncover, or do you want us make up details for you to work with?
Eg. Would you prefer something like:
T'Vara scanned the pattern boosters with her tricorder, trying to determine their origin.
or
T'Vara scanned the pattern booster with her tricorder, and rose an eyebrow. "Fascinating. This is Ferengi technology."

I had a few notes and ideas that I wanted to implament, but honestly I like the secondary one more, i feel the more collaborative process and changing the story as we go along as we all discover clues and things is more interesting than me handing out the plot points.

Plus one of my jokes has already been spoiled. casually tosses out character notes for "Jarv the janitor..." So I think it's more fun the second way.

So, I gave up on picard after season one, and writing Iliad has me finally giving in and watching star trek picard season 3 (I skipped season 2, from the clips I saw of it, it's much the same as the first season)

my unsolicited thoughts on it so far.

I love Shaw, I love the scene where he is just humming in the turbo lift as he is getting ready to kick Picard and Riker off his ship, I love the scene where he explains where he met Picard, every scene he is in is so much fun. I think Shaw is my favorite character in Picard hands down.

I just got to the raid on daystrum station which is why I'm writing this. Seeing the genesis device in cold storage in a federation black site... I know it's a blink and you miss it easter egg, but looking at that a full year after our own genesis device reveal it made me smile and giddy.

Also, to avoid the sense of hijacking the story, I won't post again until the others (or at least east) has had a chance to chime in. Obviously, since it's just two other characters besides mine, there are fewer toes to step on than if, for example, we were on the Bridge.

I'm gonna wait till silver and ChrisGabriel post so we don't get to far ahead.

just a heads up, i'm working tomorrow, I don't know if i work sunday, so it might take a few days to get replies out.

I should be back Tuesday, or late tomorrow, depends on how tired I am after tomorrow's shift

unfotunately i had to delay a day, because of a migraine, tomorrow I will force myself to sit down and write like my life depended on it.

Back
Top Bottom