Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Trek Iliad ooc

east

Supernova
Honestly should have made this a while ago.

The important links:
the rp thread
Interest and co-ordination thread
character profiles

The current crew listing:

Captain - (Captain Nellis Keoh) east
acting 1st officer (Lt Commander Alexander Stephens) - Captain_Bond
2nd officer -
chief Tactical Officer -
chief medical officer (lt commander) -
chief science officer (Luitenant T'Vara) - Silverbird
-> Helmsman (Ensign Leata) LeaT
Acting Chief Engineer (P'rmess) - ChrisGabriel

Last edited:
So now the question is; will there be a shoot out when the reinforcement land or not?
I vote yes, if for no other reason I want to see what the non-SF issued weapons do. Hopefully not an express trip to the brig.

Hopefully not an express trip to the brig.

Considering that Rory's mission on the surface is not exactly sanctioned I wouldn't be surprised if it did. Either that or Captain Keoh promote them to Chief Tactical Officer As The Odyssey seems to be lacking one.

Welcome aboard, @MsBloom! :)

Hanging out for the next post from East on my end. I imagine we don't win to win too heavily in this first encounter — which probably means Stephens' lockdown will only slow them down, or they have a backup plan to fall back to. After all, if we solve everything here we don't get to go on with the pursuit East originally had planned!

Hopefully not an express trip to the brig.

Though in a way that might be an interesting development. And then perhaps Leata can speak to Captain Keoh on their behalf, argue the value they add to the skeleton crew and perhaps suggest that he would assign them a role on the bridge rather than keep them under probationary restrictions.

Stephens, with the help of the Institute's security officers, reached the vaults and swept the rooms for T'Vara and her attacker, presumably the Romulan posing as the director of the facility. When he found the male about to plunge his knife into a stricken T'Vara, he raised his rifle and audibly charged it up. "Even Romulans know never to bring a knife to a gunfight. Drop it. Now." If he complied, Stephens would order the two security officers to take the infiltrator into custody; if not, he'd simply pull the trigger. The other two officers had the impostor dead to rights, so even if the Romulan had decided to try and throw his weapon, he wasn't getting out of this. Everyone's weapons were set to stun. It seemed that the man had nowhere to go.

( @east If you're here, this might be something you need to adjudicate)
Just a reminder that T'Kurs has access to the vault cut off with a forcefield (in this post), though Stephens might not have come in far enough to encounter that yet.

@east, if you're tied up at the moment, do you mind if I run T'Kurs got a bit? I've got an idea of what his next move might be.

I mean, we could do a offscreen bit where it was shut down from the security hub, or the guys who came with could have the ability to disable it, or Stephens could have MacGyver'd a bypass.

I'm out of the hospital but recovering well. Still a bit tied up. So yeah feel free to write T'kurs

I'm out of the hospital but recovering well. Still a bit tied up. So yeah feel free to write T'kurs
I mean, we could do a offscreen bit where it was shut down from the security hub, or the guys who came with could have the ability to disable it, or Stephens could have MacGyver'd a bypass.
Which do you think is the best of those, if any, East?

Hope you feel better soon, @east!

I'd prefer that we didn't go with either of those, at least not ahead of Stephens arriving and discovering the situation. It undercuts our villains if we no-sell the things they do too easily, which makes them a less credible threat and in my opinion makes the overall story less satisfying. Also, I'd like to give T'Vara and T'Kurs a bit more time to fight and interact.

I'll try to get a post in for the main thread in the next couple of days, which will give Stephens something to react to.

Hope you feel better soon, @east!

I'd prefer that we didn't go with either of those, at least not ahead of Stephens arriving and discovering the situation. It undercuts our villains if we no-sell the things they do too easily, which makes them a less credible threat and in my opinion makes the overall story less satisfying. Also, I'd like to give T'Vara and T'Kurs a bit more time to fight and interact.

I'll try to get a post in for the main thread in the next couple of days, which will give Stephens something to react to.
I 100% agree that we shouldn't no sell. If anything for dramatic tension and so that we have a larger story the villains should get away with our shuttle, it's act 1 and if we beat them here and now we'll then we don't really have a grand mission or chase.

Fair point, well made. I'll edit my post at some point, kinda running ragged atm so I dunno when that'll be. But it will involve Stephens running into the forcefield instead of aiming his weapon at the Romulan.

Good news, all: my partner and I are off the streets! We have been taken in by a middle-aged woman who is in real estate and has two adorable big baby dogs (of course they're older but still, you can't always take the puppy out of the dog. Not that you'd want to) but I digress. I will accordingly have much more time to devote to this and other roleplays. And puppers!! Lol.

I mostly have things under control again. I was out of comission for a while due to a not so mild concussion i got on my vacation but thankfully it didn't require surgery and the pain has finally stopped, but I will be getting back to posting over the week as this week I have zero days off

Do you want to take it from here, @east? I'd be happy to make one more post for the Romulans / our bridge crew.

Next move from our side is to beam everyone back up, and I imagine the next move from the Romulans is to use that moment while we're distracted and our shields are down to either decloak and hit our weapons or engines, or else beam their own people back up too.

Back
Top Bottom