Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Student at Superhero High (KiraMusani x Frozen Princess)

Alina looked down, seeing that she had disappointed Ivy.
"I am sorry, I am not very smart."

Kitty also knew what Jean was doing so stayed beside her quietly, not wanting to overwhelm Alina.

Alina waited a moment to see if Ivy would reply, and when she didn't, spoke up.
"Oh, the Library, I have lots to learn" She admitted.

Diana nodded and held Windy close.
"She will love you either way, but that is not a bad idea."

Alina looked toward them.
"Maybe you can join us?"

Ivy shook her head. "I wouldn't say that..." She then looked at Jean, and since her name was used in the third person, she waited for Alina to field the question.

Jean nodded at the answer. "Well, that's what the school is for. Learning. You're definitely in the right place for that."

Windy nodded. "And if Diana comes along, she can take us right to the Amazon section."

Ivy sighed. "We're after the history of one particular Amazon in particular. Because we had a, erm, confrontation in my greenhouse, because I got carried away with my laughing. Alina did something incredible. She actually CHOSE a food based on taste!" She positively beamed as she recalled Alina's big moment.

While Jean congratulated Alina in getting to judge a food for herself, and even asking what food she sampled, Windy made a face. "Okay, which one of you got the business end of the epee this time?" Aside to Diana she whispered. "Calla carries her Amazonian attitude too far. Remember what I just said about her needing to seriously chill? Here's your proof."

Alina smiled and nodded.
"Yeah I guess, I just hope that the learning here is better, or umm more enjoyable"

Diana would smile and look at them.
"Once we get a chance I would love to do that."

Alina nodded.
"I umm, well I tried a tiny tomato. I didn't like it, but I have not liked food before. Although it is very rare with how few options I actually have like I never liked those bars I ate before. But thank you."

Diana chuckled and nodded.
"Yeah she is a little intense, though that does blend well with the Amazons, lots of them are very serious." She admitted,
"It was Alina of course" She whispered back.

Last edited:
Jean made a face regarding the protein bars and uncharacteristically said exactly what she thought of them, verbally, in front of everyone. "If they were what I think they were.... You have a point. Chocolate covered processed cat shit, litter and all... And even the chocolate is nasty and fake. Quaker Chewy, Nature Valley, and one other store bought, are the only granola bars I'll even touch now... Well, except Kitty's homemade ones. Now, THOSE right out of the oven... Mmmm!" She wasn't lying, but Jean was also trying to put Kitty's cooking up on the same pedestal Jean had Kitty on. That wasn't going to work.

Windy nodded. "My thinking as well... That is, unless Ivy gave that crazy hyena laugh. That one that almost sounds like Harley's? And from what Ives just said... She coulda had the business end of the epee. Calla knocked the stuffin's outta Harley at the same gladiator games I participated in and I actually got Cassie's respect in my fight. If I recall, Harley was challenged BECAUSE of that laugh."

Ivy, thinking everyone was on board, nodded. "Okay. Off to the library, girls!" She gave a shy giggle.

Kitty smiled and couldn't help but blush at what Jean said.
"You are exaggerating, Silly," she said giving her a light slap on the arm.

Diana could not help but chuckle at Windy's comment.

Alina tilted her head and thought for a moment.
"Chocolate? I do not think that my bars had any of that" she told them.

Jean shook her head. "No chocolate? Semisweet is rich in antioxidants, though too much can make you sick... And one protein bar is particularly nasty tasting, did you ever see it in the packaging?" She was getting highly suspicious of what the scientists may have even been hiding from Alina.

They all started heading for the library, and would learn it had been one of the places still open during meals, but the point would be moot, as the bell signalling 6:30pm, and restrictions were over, rang as they got to the door.

"Talk about timing!" Windy wisecracked, "Right at 6:30. On the dot!" She then opened the door for Diana, "Lead us to the Amazon section, please." She said with a bow.

Alina nodded.
"Yeah I opened it from the packaging usually, it didn't have any names on it and was in like silver packaging that was a little reflective." She tried to explain as they arrived at the library and the bell rang.

Diana nodded.
"Gladly, follow me ladies" she nodded and lead them to the section with Amazon books that also happened to be for females only.

Jean shook her head. "Still sounds fishy, that you couldn't even be shown which one you were actually eating so you could avoid it. Except for the wrapping, it sounds like Gatorade. Another nasty tasting protein bar."

Even WINDY made a face and looked ready to retch. "Gaw, Jean, didja have t' mention Gatorade's sorry excuse for a protein bar? Yuckola, with a capital and italicized YUCK!"

Crystal looked up from her World History Atlas, "Well, g'day, ladies, welcome to the Great Outback of Super Hero High, alsa known as the school library." Bookworm, who ran the library when not teaching Literature, shushed her. "Sorry, mate, erm, I mean, Mr. Wyvern." Bookworm just rolled his eyes, before handing three books that belong in the Amazon section to Diana, asking her to put them back for him.

Ivy began looking at the history of Themyscira and shook her head. Pulling a relevant one regarding Amazon Traditions for Alina to look through, she went over to Bookworm. "Excuse me, where can I find the story of the original Crimson Avenger?"

Bookworm, without a sound, ran his gloved finger across several spines before tapping a particular one, and pulling it off the shelf. "Here you go, Ms. Isley. Medieval England History. You want the year 1375, I believe, and that's page 235. If you want her history prior to becoming the Crimson Avenger, beginning in 1360, go back a page to 234. It refers to the first 13 years of the young Princess Calla's life and what was the catalyst that made her bend her own father's laws and become the masked hero."

Ivy thanked him, and he nodded, before continuing shelving books.

Windy was looking for Amazonian Etiquette which coincidentally was one of the three books Bookworm asked Diana to reshelve for him.

Alina nodded.
"Yeah I am not sure, maybe the science Lady knows more about it?" She shrugged unsure how to describe it further.

Kitty made a face as well.
"Yeah, I tasted one of those once, ugh, disgusting, though Maybe Alina was given military rations? aren't those plain and pretty nondescript in packaging?"

Diana nodded and took the books.
"Of course, especially since I know the rules technically say you are not supposed to go there or read these books. But I won't tell" She smiled.
"Right here my quick love" Diana held the book toward her.
"You were looking in the right spot." She added.

Alina took the book and smiled.
"Thanks, Ivy, I will need to learn this"

Jean thought for a moment, before kissing Kitty on the cheek and quoting a famous Honeymooners line. "Baby, you're the greatest!" She turned to Alina. "If you haven't yet, describe it and the taste to your mom, Cover Girl. If Kitty's right... She can verify it. She IS GI Joe!"

Crystal just watched the goings on, half amused and half hurt, as even Diana and Windy didn't seem to notice her. "Oi, luvs, would it help if I was over here dyin' an' asked one-a ya to tie me kangaroo down? That ain't apples ignorin' a sheila's greeting."

Bookworm chuckled, before shushing her with a "Rant about it QUIETLY, Aussie. This IS a library."

"Apologies, mate." Crystal said, hanging her head.

Kitty smiled and blushed at the kiss.
"Yeah, I know" She nodded.

Diana, Alina, and Kitty all waved to Crystal, Diana signaling for her to come to them.

Alina nodded.
"Okay, I can ask the mothers next time I talk to them about it, maybe they already know anyways?"
"Hey Crystal, sorry guess we were distracted in our own conversation."

Crystal grabbed her atlas and came over to their bigger table and found a space "Sorry, doin' summa me project for Mr. Indy Jones. Bloke ain't right with a nickname of Indiana." She then said to Alina, "It just started a coupla weeks ago, but there's a chance ya might be asked to help someone with their project. Drawrin' a map of an island nation, and writin' a lengthy history report on it.

Windy, who did not share Alina, Diana and Crystals hour of World History scoffed. "I mean how hard can it be to write a 5,000 word report... Which is roughly two and a half pages, front and back, about the history of your chosen island? Nobody in my class musta thought of Australia. And only one other person in the whole school bothered with it." She suddenly looked at Crystal and blushed. "Right. You grew up there."

"Ya got it. An' in the worst part, too, where ya boiled in the day and froze at night. Real topsy-turvy land." She opened the atlas back up and put her finger in the middle of the Outback. "I was born an' grew up just on the outskirts of woop-woop." She poked the spot again. She looked at Alina"I'll be glad to have the help, if Professor Jones allows it. I can't help Wins... She's not in my hour with him."

Windy sat down with her book on Amazon Etiquette and started reading, as Ivy put the other book next to Alina. "So... This will have the story of the Crimson Avenger in it. The original one. Princess Calla. 1360. Umm, her story starts on umm, page, umm..." She glanced at Bookworm on his way back to the main desk pushing the empty cart. He sighed. "No wonder Mad Mod gets on you, Ms. Isley! You don't fully listen! Two. Three. Four!"

So Alina wouldn't be confused and think it was in the front of the book, she repeated it as a whole number. "Starting on page 234."

Jean pulled out a seat for Kitty, sat down next to her and put an arm around her shoulders. "I shouldn't have picked Themyscira for mine. I was only there once and fell in love with the place. Diana's pictures don't do it justice, Alina, you've got to see it to believe it. The Grecian architecture alone will wow you."

Alina got a little nervous hearing about the project.
"I umm, I don't know anything about like places and stuff, I don't think I will be able to really help at all with that stuff." She admitted.

Alina looked at the book that Ivy put down.
"Oh umm thanks, is this for the project crystal was talking about?" She asked as she turned to page 234.

Kitty leaned on Jean as they sat beside each other and nodded.
"Yeah, I can't wait to go there, I have heard so many good things."

Ivy shrugged. "The book as a whole, yes, as England is an island nation. But this is the history of our friend we ran into in my greenhouse. Well, rather her ancestor, the first Crimson Avenger."

Alina would read about strange colorful ursine like creatures that the princess would meet in 1371, an evil despot that was actually her uncle, good king Gregor and some of the other issues regarding some of the knights not doing their jobs of protecting the people or her, and how in 1373 she earned the right to defend and protect herself in the yearly squire games to find the knights. She was disqualified from knighthood that year since she had snuck in to prove she could protect herself and others. The book talked about how the princess looked for legal loopholes where she could help the village of Dunwyn since there was still a lot of lackadaisical knights. Finally, in 1375, on the princess's 15th birthday, no less, the non-killing vigilante, The Crimson Avenger, made the first of many appearances and rescues. Finally, Gregor was able to act upon those knights who had done nothing for the last five years. In fact, even Gregor had actually been quoted as saying that the Dunwynian who became The Crimson Avenger wouldn't have had to, if the knights had done their jobs, and a massive firing occurred. With the Crimson Avenger's help, Gregor and his remaining knights finally drove Calla's despot uncle and his army from Dunwyn once and for all in 1378. Crimson Avenger was severely injured in the winter of 1380 and unmasked by the king, revealing it had been his own daughter all this time, and her female physician, on loan from Themyscira, had fallen in love with her. Her British history ended on her 21st birthday a year later, as she left for Themyscira, never to return to England. It was believed she died on Themyscira in the battle of 1350, and apparently, although almost 90 at the time, didn't look a day over 21, still.

Ivy had read along with Alina. "So... If she was only around women... How did she have kids, and those kids have kids, and so on all the way up to now, and this Amazonian Crimson Avenger?" She looked at Diana wide eyed, unaware that even she was birthed naturally (sort of) as a daughter of Zeus and Hippolyta.

Alina read along and raised an eyebrow at the end.
"Wait, that must be a typo, right? died 30 years before she left? That must be 1450 right?" She asked.

Diana saw Ivy look and shrugged.
"My father is Zeus"

Ivy jumped up and ran to the Amazon section and ran a finger over the titles on the spines just as she saw Bookworm do. While this was going on, even Crystal who glanced quickly at Diana said. "Ugh, pretty sure there was no battle for Themyscira in 1350. There WAS a big to-do in 1450... Diana, help me out... The first battle was when your ancestors, as slaves, broke free, from bondage and declared themselves a free nation, but that was about 370 BCE and the reason you all wear those bracelets to this day. Wasn't 1450 a big fight to KEEP your independence from slave traders, and ya lost a lotta good warriors... Including Princess Calla?"

Ivy came back over with the Themyscrian Wars book. "Last major war between Themyscrians and Man's world occurred on March 13th through April 18th of 1450, and cost the Amazons the life of their beloved queen Calla and one of her daughters. The queen would have turned 90 that May. It's just as Crystal pointed out. To keep their freedom. Calla's eldest daughter, Athena, took over and from her lineage came your line, Diana.... I always did think you and Calla had some kinda familial connection. I mean this Calla, not the one in history, but I guess you did with her, too. It's one of Calla's other daughters that today's Calla can trace her lineage from, but she's full Amazon, lived there her whole life, grew up there. No wonder she's so hardcore. She's steeped in the Amazon Traditions."

Bookworm was right over. "Typo? Show me where, Miss Alina."

Alina held her head.
"That was a lot of info, but umm the error was here, it says It was believed she died on Themyscira in the battle of 1350" She pointed it out.

"Yeah it should be 1450"
Diana spoke up,
"and the rest you said was right Crystal, Ivy."

Bookworm adjusted his glasses, peering over Alina's shoulder and turned on his hat lamp. In one second he has read everything she and ivy had. He tutted at himself as well as the typo. "I have automatically been reading that all this time as 1450. Thank you, Miss Alina, perhaps you can help proofread everything since you'll probably what to learn all you can about everything in the real world. Yes, it would not equal 90 if you read someone was born in 1360 and died ten years before she was even born to begin with, right? Professors Jones and Xavier both said they noticed the typo too but I dismissed Jones. Xavier, I thought just misread it like I have all this time."

Jean shook her head. "Mr. Wyvern, if Charles said it was a typo, listen. He's always right. I mean a PhD in English, just like you." Jean wasn't about to list any of the Professor's other accolades and gave a glance over to Kitty not to either. Bookworm was stable right now, nobody needed some students' favorite teacher going bonkers because someone was way smarter than he.

Bookworm turned off his hat lamp as he looked over to Jean. After a quick glance to Kitty, he straightened up, collected the book, and said, "I'll keep that under advisement, Miss Grey." He had answered her coolly, as he took the book with him to the desk. "Right now, I have to make a phone call to the British publishing company of this book. Even if it's to leave a message. As you were, ladies. Thank you, Miss Alina."

Crystal beamed. "Dr. Indiana Jones class is doin' me good. I remembered the stuff about the Amazon wars regarding the bracelets! Just forget th' metal they're made of, apologies, Princess."

Alina just nodded and looked down, not being used to such praise she did not know what to say until his final leave.
"Umm, welcome" She stated a bit perplexed.

Kitty simply crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, knowing full well that if Prof X had pointed out the mistake it should have been looked into.

"Feminum Crystal, think like female aluminum" Diana replied.

Jean whispered, leaning over to Kitty so only she could hear, "Shadow Kitty, you know Bookworm has to be smarter than everyone else or he gets pissy. Why do you think Charles misquotes everything from Shakespeare to comic books around him? My favorite was when Charles said best laid plans of mice and men and Mr. Wyvern was like, Schemes, Charles, schemes! The quote is best laid schemes of mice and men! You have the same degree I do, sir Classic! I mean, we BOTH know he fudged it on purpose."

Crystal thought about it. "Guess ya gotcher self a point there luv. At least in spellin'. That stuffs plenty tough, seein's how bullets bounce off em when ya do that thing." She mimicked Diana deflecting bullets off her bracelets, and quite well, showing she had well earned her honorary Amazon title as well.

Jean just gawped, eyes bugged out, at Crystal's display. Kitty would probably have to close her mouth for her before she accidentally started drooling.

Windy said what had to be thought by those who are least knew about last year's field trip to Themyscira. "Dang, Crystal! So that's how you earned honorary Amazon!" It really wasn't, she had actually shown some of the Amazons some of her rope tricks. Something Diana had already utilized a few times.

Meanwhile, Ivy looked over at Alina. "You surprise people with your knowledge a lot. Getting praised for your abilities is something you should get used to. I mean thanking Bookworm was good, but you don't need to be surprised he did. That's what should happen. Haven't you ever been praised before?" Ivy still wasn't getting it.

Diana nodded.
"Yeah just for the name, the metals are not similar at all."
She smiled watching her mimic the actions of her deflecting bullets.

Kitty casually raised her hand and closed her mouth with a single finger.

Diana looked toward Crystal.
"Yeah you gave me some good tips on rope techniques"

"Umm, not really, when I did as asked or did well it was expected, they didn't say thanks but I did get them saying well done, does that count?" Alina asked.

Ivy frowned and shook her head. Not at the scientists occasionally saying well done, but at it only being OCCASIONALLY. With a sigh and a glance towards Crystal showing off with invisible Amazon bracelets, she remarked, "No wonder you aren't fond of scientists. Science Lady seems to be the exception to the rule. I mean, she came to help, and actually got the best job to. Assistant Dorm Matron. I mean she's doing that other stuff too, with them GI Joe people including one of their brass no less..." She trailed off.

Crystal nodded. "Pleasure, luv. Like with your deflectin' things, it's all in the wrist."

Jean glanced over to Kitty, managing a weak thanks before getting involved in conversation herself.

Ivy checked the spine of Alina's Amazon Traditions real quick, and not seeing an R, commented, "This one you can check out to read at your leisure for 21 days. I just had to make sure there wasn't an R on it. That means reference only and can't leave the library."

Crystal, showing the spine of hers, and the R clearly visible, said, "like th' one I'm perusing, Alina, luv. It can only be read here. Same with most atlases, encyclopedias and the like."

Alina nodded at Ivy.
"Yeah I mean, all they care about is experiments and stuff. But she is nice, I didn't get to see her too much before, and even now, but at least you are all nice too"

Kitty mouthed back 'your welcome' with a smile.

Alina looked at the book, seeing the R.
"Oh, so I can like bring it back to my room and stuff? That is good, maybe I can read it before sleep"

Crystal nodded. "That's the beauty of it, not to mention checking out as many as you can carry once your two weeks"new student" tag is up. Right now, but ya might wanna ask Bookworm cuz I know the rules changed after Professor X took over fully, I think it's three. Three at a time."

Ivy shrugged. She thought it was still three, too. Bookworm would know for certain.

Alina's eyes widened.
"Three? I don't know if I am smart enough to read that much, honestly just thinking about finishing this book is giving me anxiety" she blushed.

Back
Top Bottom