Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Student at Superhero High (KiraMusani x Frozen Princess)

Quincy nodded as the two dorm matrons left for chaperone duties in the cafeteria. "You hear that, Ivy? Alina? I want you two glued to each other the rest of the day... And I don't mean, literally, Alina... Just stay where Ivy can see you, and you can see her." She then nodded to Hank. "I think I can let a whole paycheck go toward stocking up on the plastic reusable containers. Not perfectly eco-friendly... Ivy... " She knew how much the girl was all for the school going more green after her accident, "but you do have to consider Cover Girl's point about nuking and going with our leftovers." She turned back to Hank, "So if Charles has any reservations about the price, add my offer to sweeten the pot."

Ivy nodded and shrugged. "So. Are we free to leave?"

Quincy nodded. "You could have left with Courtney and Amber. I'm surprised Amber beat Courtney to the punch on you two sticking together. Courtney looked like she was just about to say something to Ivy, after all, I discharged you, Alina, into your surrogate mom's care. That's Courtney."

Sure enough, on the walk over to the cafeteria, Cover Girl started laughing. "That was too rich! I was just about to order Ivy to keep an eye on Alina, and you beat me to the punch! It was almost like you knew what I was thinking!"

Alina almost looked like she was about to make another cage before it was clear to Alina that she did not literally mean it. Then she nodded once she understood the true task she was asked.
"Looks like you are stuck with me Ivy"

Hank nodded.
"I have a few ideas on how we can make this not only work but help us save money in the long run."

Amber started to laugh with her.
"You know what they say about great minds and fools, the only question is which ones are we?" She smiled.

Alina looked to Ivy once they were headed out.
"So what should we do?"

Ivy blinked. "Stuck with you? You make it sound like that's a bad thing..." She just shrugged to the question. "Since we've already eaten, I don't know. What do you want to do?"

Cover Girl thought for a moment before saying, "Well, I would certainly hope we're of the great minds.... This school is in serious trouble if it's the latter." A smirk, "After all, we are the dorm matrons."

The time to call the students to dinner came and the bell rang signaling this, just as they reached the cafeteria and took their positions. Cover Girl sighed, "And here comes the rush to mess..." She commented.

"I mean, I feel like I am kind of a burden, and that it is your turn to watch me. Like that, I need to be taken care of" Alina admitted.
"And I don't know, maybe you could just show me around the city outside of the school?"

"I would certainly hope so too, but you never know, and it could all be perspective. I am sure plenty of fools consider themselves to be of great minds as well" She admitted.
"Any regular events I should prepare myself for?"

Ivy sighed. "Don't think like that, Alina, cuz it's not true. Everyone had to go through this where they kinda had to be attached at the hip to a senior classmate for two weeks. Everyone. Four years ago, mine was Barry Allen. Y'know? The one Flash? He teaches chemistry now... Well, Windy would know him... Anyway, for two weeks you are stuck on campus, which gives you fourteen days to acclimate yourself with every nook and cranny of the school grounds. Except for our off campus classes with a particular team, the seniors assigned someone is also grounded in a sense. I'm the one you're to come to asking about this or that, or where something is or why something is... We went over this..." She said sadly. "You're lucky. I only had the one senior who was really busy, and had to try to make time for my questions... And like a Flash? Very impatient. You have me, Jean, Diana... Umm, well she's a junior, but Crystal. I mean, a lot of people in your corner, and I doubt anyone thinks you're a burden. Cover Girl even adopted you, so you could have an onsite mom for things we around the same age as you may puzzle over ourselves. Plus a medical and psychological doctor. Dr. Brinker is a Princess Peach* but you didn't hear that from me."

Cover Girl looked over to Amber. "When it comes to dinners, you can expect anything from a bunch of teenagers. Some of the girls can be just as bad as a lot of the boys. Best thing to do is remind the instigators that they're here to be heroes. I'll tell you dorm stuff after dinner when we're in our room for the night." She then pointed, "Cat Noir! I thought you LIKED Ladybug! Well... Then... Don't yank her ponytail! Pigtail, then, whatever, you should know better!"

Jean showed Kitty to a seat, "If you could read my mind, love, you know I'm going to get both our meals... No sense both of us getting jostled about in line." After a kiss to Kitty's lips she was off to get their Americanized Salisbury steak dinners.

Diana and Windy also came in just in time to see Adrien yank Marinette's pigtail and Even Chloe and Anna Marie both jump on him. Windy shook her head. "Diana, something tells me that if Adrien keeps tormenting Marinette like that, he's going to lose her... And my money's on Rogue getting a girlfriend, despite what is circulating between her, Marinette, and Marinette's yoyo just an hour ago."

*-One of the princesses in Mario Brothers canon

Alina blushed and felt ashamed by the lecture, was she really so vain that she thought she had special treatment? Or perhaps it was because she was treated, different from everyone around her, her whole life that was just the natural assumption made? Perhaps both?
"Oh, I am sorry, it's just, I was so excited to finally be free and I guess I am being a little impatient. What do you want to do then? and also what is a princess peach? a food?"

Amber giggled and nodded.
"hehe, you really have your hands full around here huh? Guess I am lucky I am only assigned to Alina so far"

Kitty giggled.
"Did you forget our mind-link my red dove? I pretty much can."

Diana shrugged.
"Honestly, maybe that is for the best, if that is the way they act, and it is not compatible, and they don't want to change that aspect of them, then it is for the best"

Ivy nodded, "Technically, you still are free, it's just with the same caveat of every other new student. Jean's a senior," she pointed to Rogue, "Anna Marie is a senior, oh and yeah, about her? You use both her names like I just did, or her hero name of Rogue. She's kinda particular," she then named and pointed to Kurt and a few other of the older X-Men students, using their names each time, before saying, "They all kinda got a double whammy. First, the two week new student rule, and then they were assigned freshmen and new students. If I hadn't found you, who knows who you'd have ended up with. Maybe one of them which is just as green around here as you." She then thought about what Alina asked and was about to answer when the other question broadsided her. "Umm... Better to show you than tell you... Guess we're going to the school game and tv room." They headed that way.

Cover Girl scoffed. "You may have Alina as a focus, but you're not dorm matron assistant for nothing, Amber. You and I are in charge of about 50-60 high school teenage girls, some of them even more high strung than Alina. I have to handle the big stuff like fights and that... I really should mention what happened between those two earlier. Apparently, Marinette forgot how Rogue is and, according to her side, she thought Rogue had been.... What was the word?... Akumatized. Or turned evil. She clobbered Rogue in the head with her yoyo which somehow cures them. Only Rogue was just being Rogue. Worse part about it is Ladybug is assigned to Rogue as the freshman Rogue has to be helping.... So, imagine you're like a knight and you just get beaned by your protogé squire." She shook her head. "Rogue's probably still a little sore at her."

Jean just grinned and disappeared into the line, coming back about five minutes later with their plates, setting Kitty's in front of her first, even before seating herself.

Windy shrugged and nodded as they continued progressing through the line, before finally getting their dinners. "Yeah. I mean from what I heard, Marinette's was an accident. Adrien is just flat out tormenting. I actually think if Ladybug IS sweet on anybody other than him, it's her upperclassman who's showing her around and she's assigned to." She then gestured towards Rogue.

Alina looked down, she didn't feel the way Ivy said she should, that she was free, but she was used to being told what to feel and do so she just nodded.
"I mean I am not super interested in that stuff, but if you think that is best."

Amber widened her eyes.
"What? I can't take care of that many kids? I am here for Alina"

"Thanks cutie" Kitty smiled as Jean brought the food.

"So many of the pairings and all that is so confusing sometimes, I don't know how you keep up with it," Diana admitted as their turn neared.

"Princess Peach is kinda hard to explain... I mean the ball technically is still in your court..." Ivy said, before running into Kate Bishop Hawkeye blocking the entry into the public game and tv room. "Not during dinner, Isley. You know better, want me to call for Wolverine?"

"We were dinner guests of Cover Girl's..."

"I don't care if you were the guests of General Hawk! No entry before 6:30! I just had to chase that knuckleheaded boy outta here to go TO dinner! 6:30, Isley, not before!" Kate barked, pointing away from the door.

Ivy shrugged. "Well, it is to you... What do you wanna check out for about twenty minutes?"

"Twenty THREE." Kate said tapping her watch.

Cover Girl put her hands up. "You just monitor them and break up things like congregating in the halls, PDA anywhere in the dorm building except kissing, they get carried away they're to ahem..." Air quotes. "Get a room." She sighed. "I can handle the stuff like what happened this morning when I had to lower Bugle Girl From Company B down the flagpole. You had a minor incident with a collision... It's usually small mishaps like that, Amber, I mean, these girls are supposed to be heroes and know better. Assistant is the easy job. Actual lead dorm matron, that's a horse of a different color, and probably DOES require GI Joe. I'm probably going to be the busiest of us."

Jean smiled back as she began eating, "Anything for you, my dear." She threw a kiss.

Windy giggled, pointing to herself. "Nerd, remember? Keeping track of who's seeing whom, and who's not is statistics. Right up my alley. I am acing chemistry... That reminds me, you have Mr. Allen... What did he mean by setting up a CSI crime lab, I mean, his CLASSROOM is a CSI crime lab, why would we need two?!"

Windy took it too literal. Barry only wanted them to list on paper what was needed in the crime lab.

Alina looked between the two as they spoke, she was curious what this other girl's abilities were that she could make such commands of Ivy.
"Hello I am Alina, what are your abilities? are you really strong?" She asked before replying to Ivy.
"Maybe we can go see your garden?"

Amber took a breath.
"That was not our deal but fine... though my primary Job is still Alina." She crossed her arms.

Kitty caught the kiss and kissed it, before sending her own back.
"So sweet"

Diana giggled.
"Hehe, not too often I understand something more than you, He did not mean literally, just figuratively, if we were to do so make a list of what we would need. you are adorably literal at times." She said poking her nose gently.

Bishop raised an eyebrow and glanced at Alina and patted her bow and pointed to her quiver behind her. "Hawkeye. Name says it all. I'm one of several monitors stationed throughout the school, to keep you kids from getting into something you aren't supposed to during restricted hours. This is back to being restricted during meal times, for half an hour, because mostly the boys kept breaking the rules." She pointed to a sign that had a whole list of no's, with the No in big block letters and red. Alina would see, as the second no, "NO outside food" She then nodded to the second question. "To be an Archer you do have a good bit of strength that you need, to hold the bow while running across rooftops, aiming and firing." As she heard the question to Ivy, she nodded. "Now, that's a good idea. I'm surprised you didn't think of that yourself, Isley. I have my protogé who wants to be on the team that has her hero name guarding that. After that one incident a week ago, your garden is off limits during meal times too, except for you and if you have someone with you. Crimson Avenger knows that. If she doesn't, one of you yell 'Miss Kate'." She pointed across the courtyard to Ivy's greenhouse.

Ivy nodded and headed the roughly fifty yards to her greenhouse. "She's one of the Avengers, a hero group, you heard Professor X mention. And, someone, nobody knows who, and nobody came forward, went into my greenhouse and knocked over some of my potted plants, killing a few. I asked for protection for my plants."

Crimson Avenger just moved over without a word and nodded to Ivy and Alina both. Alina would notice the Avenger was dressed like one of the Musketeers, with a floppy hat, long cape, blouse like shirt and long pants, and a rapier in it's sheath at her hip. Everything in a bright crimson color.

Alina nodded along and thought about it, how could using a bow make her a top-level hero? She would not even be able to affect Alina, though perhaps her judging others on that fact isn't fair?
"I can't get outside food because I cannot leave" she explained.

"I thought all the Avengers were really strong and adults. And why would someone want to hurt your plants? What would they gain?" She asked a little confused?

"Oh? Are you the one we need to call Miss Kate for? You are not supposed to be in the garden" Alina said to Crimson Avenger as she joined them.

"Outside food also refers to the cafeteria. There's vending machines in the arcade that has things like candy, chips, juices, pop and water." Kate explained.

Ivy shook her head. "Think of her name. Hawkeye. There's a guy named that too, though, but anyhoo, Miss Kate has this keen eyesight. Kate Bishop is an adult. She's like in her 20s, maybe even 30. Now, why Crimson Avenger is one already, who knows? She's a high school student like us. Wait, how do you know Avenger is already on the Avengers team?" Ivy noticed the necklace with the "A" on it, around Avenger's neck. "Dang, Alina, how DO you do that and can you teach me?!" She gasped as she gaped at the necklace and then Alina. She then shook her head as Avenger has followed them in. "My garden is restricted now during certain hours. She's just doing her job. I'll handle it." She turned to the heroine following them. "Thank you, Lady Calla. You can return to the entrance and your post, Alina's with me. I'm pretty sure she'll leave my pets alone." Calla saluted and went back out to stand guard at the door.

Ivy sighed, "She's a quiet Amazon. You don't want to cross her though. She talks, but not much. She lets her actions do ALL her talking. She actually fought Diana, the Amazon Princess, to a draw in hand to hand combat. She's also very protective of all her Amazon sisters. Even the honorary ones. You definitely want her on your side in a fight." She looked back at Crimson Avenger standing guard at the door. "I don't know what the sword is for except decoration. Fencing is a sport..." She facepalmed and groaned. "Right. Captain of the fencing team. Plus makes her look like an actual Musketeer with it next to her like that."

Ivy then began to talk about a lot of her plants, and explained what was needed to take care of them, before leading Alina to a vegetable garden area on the ground, and an herb garden in a trough like box, sitting on a table. "This is the only part of my greenhouse that people are actually allowed to pick something if it's ready. Would you like a fresh garden grown tomato? Check that vine to see if there's a nice ripe red one. Those are grape tomatoes, so they won't get too big, and you could eat the whole thing in one bite."

Alina looked at Ivy oddly as she asked how she knew she was an Avenger.
"Umm, it's in her name?" She shrugged.
As she talked to the girl in question Alina waved to her when she left.

Alina nodded along as Ivy told her about Crimson Avenger.
"Oh! I think I am an honorary Amazon, Diana let me try on her, uhh toga? I think it's called that, and her mom said that she would get one for me for when I visit." She smiled.
"Oh, and swords can't hurt me, at least any swords that have been tested on me. Which include big ones little ones, and skinny long ones."

"Oh! I can show you!" She declared before taking the knife out which she got from the utensils and stabbed it at her leg, which it deflected off.
"See?"

when in the garden Alina was careful not to touch anything and stay on the path.
"oh, I umm, I don't know, I wouldn't want to waste it if my barrier does not let me eat it."

Ivy shook her head. "Wow. That logic woulda failed if she didn't have the necklace." She looked for a ripe grape tomato. "Didn't you say that your barrier prevents you from taking things in that are bad for you? Like candy, donuts, cakes, cookies and stuff loaded with processed sugars and high in fats and carbs? Grape tomatoes don't have any of those things. They have vitamins A and C, natural sugars, lycopene, sodium and cholesterol free, low calorie, very low in fat and a good source of fiber. They're sorta nature's candy. And you've hardly had a lot to eat." Ivy found two grape tomatoes that were ripe, plucked them and apologized to the plant for hurting it, giving one to Alina, and thanking the tomatoes for their sacrifice to nourish them, popped hers into her mouth.

After swallowing, she explained, "See, Crimson Avenger took her hero name from her ancestor who did similar daring dos back in the 14th century. Way before the Avengers were ever founded. Avenger is someone who exacts punishment or inflicts harm in return for an injury or wrong." She sighed as she didn't have her phone with her. "I don't think the library is in the restricted hours places, so after you try the tomato, the next stop is there."

Alina nodded.
"Yeah it's usually things that are unhealthy but sometimes I just think it's random." She nodded looking at it and taking a bite, the barrier seeming to agree with Ivy's assessment.

"Oh! No, I don't like that" she swallowed it but shook her head.
"Want the rest of mine?" She asked.

"Oh hehe, I guess my logic was wrong but still got the right answer. And alright shall we head there?"

Ivy was first surprised, but then there were some people who chose not to like tomatoes. This, however, was different. Laughing a bit like Harley Quinn and hoisting Alina in the air, she asked triumphantly, "Do you know what you just did? You chose a food based on taste! You ACTUALLY chose!"

The laughter unfortunately brought Calla running back in. "She bothering you?" She asked Alina holding the point of her sword on Ivy. "I'll throw you out of your own greenhouse, so help me, I will. Literally." Calla growled, glowering at Ivy.

Alina first looked at Ivy quizzically then with a confused fearful look as she started to laugh like a mad woman.
"Wha?! Oh! Hehe, I guess I did" she smiled as she was held aloft.

"You are-" she started to speak when Calla came down.
"Oh! No, it's okay I just said I didn't like the tomato and it made Ivy happy, I think... You are happy right?" She asked looking down at her as she was held up.

Ivy put Alina down. She nodded. "See, Alina hadn't been able to choose whether or not she can like a food or not." She made a face. "Or something like that... Umm... Calla, can you, like, point that rapier away from me now?"

Calla sheathed her weapon. "It's not a rapier. It's an epee. Rapiers aren't used in fencing, unless you're my ancestor, a musketeer, or maybe Zorro." She huffed. "Fencing is a sport, now, but it was the only thing I had handy." She looked at Alina. "I know about your encounter with my queen, and that you spent all morning with my princess. You ever need me, 1D. Your mom's that GI Joe, right? I'm right next to her." With that, the Crimson Avenger turned on her heel and began to head back for the exit.

Alina nodded and listened as Crimson Avenger talked, noting where her room was in case she ever needed her. She also nodded in response to her question and smiled. She waved to her as she ran off and then looked at Ivy.

"Hehe, she said pee, epee" she giggled showing a rare glimpse at her childish side.
"So we spend more time here or do you have other ideas?"

Ivy shook her head. "Calla also pretty much told you everything you would have learned from the book in the library I was going to show you, so unless you want to go there, still?" She shrugged. The grape tomato that Alina had tried had, in the excitement, fallen into the garden and under the very plant it grew on. Ivy quickly buried it, "It will return to the soil and nourish the plant." She said, doing the simplest explanation of the decomposition process. She had just shook her head at the childish joke... Mostly from not fully getting it right away. Crystal would have definitely at least nerd style snorted at it.

"Oh, if I know it I guess no point in going to the library.

Alina crouched and watched as Ivy buried the tomato.
"Oh, so the plant kind of eats its babies? Plants are pretty neat" she smiled.

"I am not sure what else to do, do you have any ideas?"

Ivy sighed. "Erm... Not entirely accurate. See, when it does, it decomposes back into the ground, and all the vitamins and minerals return to the soil, and will help the plant grow. It..." She made a face, "I guess it's like eating off the corpse? You'll learn some more basics about it in your science class... Oh, wait, your science class is Health and Nutrition with Dr. Quincy, isn't it...? Umm... She might touch on the subject, but it's more about what your body needs to function properly."

Ivy decided to test Alina on what Crimson Avenger told her. "Okay, what race or class is Avenger a part of? Where is her heritage? What century did she mention her ancestor lived in? And what do we consider fencing now, and with what weapon?*"

Depending on Alina's answers, it might warrant a library trip after all.

*Without looking down here, see if you actually recall. Calla is from the Amazon race, and her heritage is she's a descendant of the original Crimson Avenger from the 14th century. Fencing is primarily a sport now, using an epee instead of rapier as those mentioned before her did.

Alina nodded along as she explained a little about the decomposition process.
"Oh okay, I'll ask in class maybe." She suggested.

"Oh, hmm, well we talked about how she was like Diana, an Amazon, and that I'm kind of an honorary Amazon. Umm, I don't remember what century but the one she came from was also crimson Amazon right? And the fencing uses an epee, hehe, not a rapier-like she had. Oh! And it's not really for combat. Umm, I think that is everything."

Ivy sighed and shrugged. "We're going to the library. I don't think you have Lit like I do, but Bookworm woulda failed you. You might get a D in Dr. Jones'History Class, and Quincy would probably give you a C-. Mainly because those two would credit you with what you did remember. Dr. Jones has some really neat Amazon artifacts that Queen Hippolyta gave him for show and tell, and they're actually history and still around today."

On the way to the library, they would run into Jean and Kitty, as well as Diana and Windy coming out of the cafeteria.

"Where's Ivy taking you now?" Jean asked although Ivy had pretty much sent her a silent message by her look. Even Kitty could see library all over Ivy's face. She'd be aware of what Jean was doing; inviting regular conversation with Alina.

Windy would actually push the answer, "That reminds me, my Princess, both your mom and Calla said I should brush up on my Amazon manners, especially when I face your mom." She looked away, blushing, "Of course, Avenger was a little more aggressive about it, letting the point of her epee speak for her. That girl needs to seriously chill. You, your mom and Cassie don't try to rough me up about something." Windy didn't include when she NEEDED scolding, because that wasn't the point (pardon the pun).

Back
Top Bottom