Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Student at Superhero High (KiraMusani x Frozen Princess)

KiraMusani

Canary
@Frozen Princess

Alina had learned that morning that she was to be transferred. Though part of her would like to think that she would finally be free of the constant tests and experiments. By now she knew that was not going to be the case, but she had a plan. Usually, they gas her to knock her out since darts or needles could not be used with her subconscious barrier blocking them even if she was asleep. Though her barrier blocks the gas, it was only able to keep it out for as long as her air pocket lasted, though recently it seemed like her barrier had developed an ability to simply filter the clean air in. Then as they place the mask over her face when strapped into the stretcher they use to transfer her, she would create another small space to allow the gas to be stored around her body while she breathed fresh air since that was sealed.

It did not take long for her plan to come into action, it went surprisingly well, though she did get knocked out for a short time, due to her not quite performing the mask block technique properly. She awoke mid helicopter ride during transfer, not what she hoped it would have to do. She used the barrier she had learned to create and control to get between the spinning blades of the helicopter. It worked better than she could have hoped as nearly immediately the helicopter came plunging down. Crashing into the large yard belonging to Superhero High! Though that was not something Alina was aware of.

The crash happened so fast the pilot wasn't even able to call out the mayday before they hit the ground, sending the guards and pilot to their deaths as Alina only managed to survive the brutal crash because of her barrier. Though she was still exhausted from the gas that managed to get into her system, combined with the stress of experiencing a helicopter crash knocked her unconscious.

The students of Superhero High we're eating dinner, before everyone was to retire to their respective dorm rooms for the night, although Supergirl was already having other plans. Everyone knew that due to her alien physiology, and the fact that she had not done anything sexual (even with a girl) before leaving Krypton and coming to earth and it's yellow sun... She found she could only get relief from girls.... Usually the same ones.

Tonight was the same as every other Italian night. Batgirl, who Supergirl usually sat with, shook her head as she held up a hand. "Kara! Aauugghh! You have had six pieces of garlic bread already! I'm not even kissing you, little alone making out! Not tonight! Woof, you need to lay off the garlic, girl!"

Harley Quinn laughed merrily. "Heeheehee at least no Kryptonian vampire would wanna sink their teeth into her!" Supergirl approached with that look and Harley readied her bat, swinging it like a batter ready for a pitch. "Don't think it, Lady Blue! You reek of garlic!"

Not deterred she went to Ivy next. "I don't know how my new powers work yet, Kara, but just your breath and my pets both complain and wilt! Go away with your stinky plant suffocating smell!"

Wolverine watched all this with mild amusement, until the crash happened and the smell tickled his nostrils. "Football field, heroes! Move it! Check for survivors and put out any fire you see any way you can!" Logan pretty much led the charge as he was the physical education trainer/instructor at the school.

The mad rush out the cafeteria was led by Wolverine, until Flash zipped by followed by Velocity a moment later... Until Supergirl beat them both and started blowing garlic breath, extinguishing flames and any heroic student foolish enough to get in her way, or rather, her breath's way. Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Velocity and Flash all lay on the still smoldering ground, choking and gagging from garlic inhalation, tears streaming from their eyes.

Wolverine was as adamant as his adamantium bones. "SUPERGIRL!" he barked, "Bucket brigade! Now!"

"But it worked!" Kara complained.

"NOW!" Wolverine ordered, pointing to the faucet. "Four friendly fire casualties, heroes, get them to fresh air! Batbrains! With me!"

Barbara was in no wise going to correct her phys ed instructor about her name, so she dutifully helped Wolverine look amongst the wreckage. "Doesn't matter how bad Kara's garlic breath is, Mr. Logan, there's no way she did that." She pointed and Wolverine shook his head as he saw the charred remains. "Move on, Missy. Nothing can be done. Let's keep looking."

Ivy was doing her best with a seeming plant blanket, smothering embers that shot out of the woods the bucket brigade was at just on the edge of the property. She noticed the unconscious survivor, as she could some how sense a heartbeat. Tilting her head, she approached both curiously and cautiously. "Quickly friends," she said to some nearby ivies and the carpet of grass. "Careful to the infirmary. No time to lose. Oh, I know your burns hurt, my grass friend, but she's alive. Mr. Logan is too busy..." She grimaced as Wolverine let out a gutteral growl of "KARA!!! KEEP YOUR BLASTED GARLIC BREATH IN YOUR MOUTH! YOU'RE TO REMAIN SILENT THE REST OF THE NIGHT! NOT A PEEP OUTTA YA! Lady Shazam! Another hero casualty! I need a brewski..."

Ivy silently snuck away to the infirmary with the lone survivor of the crash.

Last edited:
Thrown some distance from the crash Alina was found with one leg still attached to the stretcher she was harnessed to. Though it was easy enough for Ivy to detach her from it and carry her away. There was no way at this point for Ivy to know that Alina had a protective barrier, over the years it had developed the ability to tactically mimic her skin feel and body warmth, though it only worked for someone touching her, Alina would not get the same illusion.

As Ivy arrived at the infirmary and laid Alina down though is where her likeness may end. Though her breath could be felt, her pulse would not be found and any electrical equipment that would be attached to her to sense her heartbeat or vitals would not work. Medically speaking she was a nightmare for doctors trying to help, or even for getting a simple checkup.

Though Alina would not wake for some time her barrier was still in full effect, unfortunately for her, the protection her subconscious offered was skin layer, and didn't do anything for the light hospital-like gown the lab had her wearing.

Dr. Emilia Quincy frowned slightly as she tried to regulate any form of vitals except what could be felt. She took a deep breath. "And I thought Kara's skin was difficult." She muttered, causing Ivy to giggle. Quincy removed her stethoscope from her ears. "Ivy, hand me my phone, please." She took off her gloves. She rolled her eyes as she took her cell from the ivy that handed, or rather leafed her cell, to her. "Thank you. Oh, that's going to get some getting used to. Did Charles talk to you yet about your plant powers?" The teen shook her head and sat next to the girl she brought in. "I'm going to have to leave you here. Where's all the heroes? You know, the other students?"

Ivy sighed. "Putting out the fire the hard way because Supergirl overdid the garlic bread again. Like six slices. That's just what we saw her eat."

Another roll of the eyes and Quincy quipped, "Well, the forced lesbian isn't getting any tonight. She's going to learn to slack off the hard way. How many breath casualties am I going to be treating THIS week?"

A shrug and blush. "At least Babs won't be one. She told Kara she's not even kissing her."

A snort of amusement, and Quincy said, "Keep an eye on our patient. You found her you help treat her. I'm going to have to ask the help of Charles much as I hate bothering him. However it's only," quick glance to her 24 hour clock "1855. He eats after you kids have. He'd be in the cafeteria by now. While you're watching our patient, call Bruce. His cell number is by the landline in my address book. He probably already knows about the crash, but not likely about the survivor. Fill him in."

With the fire out, with very little damage (but enough in Ivy's humble opinion), Bruce Wayne aka Batman would be too busy with EMS and preventing any governmental interference to answer. Ivy left the message and returned to her vigil watching the unknown patient.

Quincy would find Professor Charles Xavier exactly where she expected to... At his table in the cafeteria.

He would be sitting there eating a meal with Storm, talking about various student curriculum ideas.

Last edited:
7pm

Dr. Quincy walked over. "Charles. We, ah, have a guest with..." She made a face. "Let's just say, sir, that taking Kara's vitals are a piece of cake compared to this other girl. Even after Ivy's accident at that greenhouse lab... I'm sure you're aware of the crash outside on the grounds... With all my experience, I don't know how to treat her. It's like there's some kind of block preventing me from doing my job."

Ororo just raised an eyebrow as she listened. "Not like you to not have a way to treat a patient."

"None of my equipment works. I can't even get a pulse with a stethoscope, but she's obviously alive. You told me if I ever had a medical anomaly with any patient to call on you at once. This definitely qualifies. You can feel her breath, so that seems normal and steady, considering she survived the helicopter crash... I just have no clue as to getting the rest of her vitals."

(We'll have to wait until about 9pm RP time for Ivy to respond to Alina, unless you have Charles wait until nine to come. That way, maybe Ivy isn't the only one who hears "not again")

(OOC: We can wait till 9pm)

Charles nodded.
"If you have really run out of options then perhaps I can help, did you see any damages?" He asked before psychically contacting jean-gray to meet him and Dr. Quincy in the infirmery.

Jean received the message instantaneous, but she had to tell a police officer on scene where the other two victims were found. "I could sense the survivor, but not the exact location. Besides, Prof, I suggest Kara get a stern talking to... She garlicked poor Kitty, my girlfriend, unconscious, along with five others nearly to that point." There was a hint of anger and concern in her thoughts back to Charles. "If there's nothing else officer, I need to check on the students another one garlicked," glare Supergirl's way, "Sort of my job as senior vice President since the President was one of the victims." That would be Princess Diana aka Wonder Woman.

The officer shook her head and shooed her off while comparing notes with the detective in charge who made the suggestion to Bruce to let no one on property but GCPD, and government officials he actually knew were FBI. No credentials, or real FBI badge, no entry. That simple. Bruce only nodded in agreement. The helicopter wasn't registered to any legitimate governmental agency they could find.

Jean arrived just behind the returning Quincy and arriving Charles Xavier. "I'll be right with you, I'm checking on the friendly fire victims."

"Let them rest, Jean. Our main concern is the survivor." Quincy ordered, before looking to Charles. "As you can see, Professor X, there's not a mark on her. There's no person in the school registry that even resembles her. However, I do want to give her a complete physical. Just to be safe."

Charles nodded and looked at Jean.
"If none of our devices will work, perhaps you can use your powers to learn something, I think you are ready for something like this, and I'll be right here if you need me"

He then turned his attention to Dr. Quincy.
"As for that physical, perhaps Dr. Mchoy can be of assistance with getting your devices to work for that physical"

"As for supergirls garlic issue, perhaps let her see the damage she has done, bring her to where the others are being treated" He suggested.

Quincy thought for a minute. "Mchoy... That's the new guy, right? Technician." She clicked the PA system and asked the medical technician report to the infirmary as well as Kara Kent, using her civilian name purposely, she was in school type trouble, as Ivy nodded at Charles Xavier's suggestion. "I actually like the idea. Kara's problem is naivety. I don't think she realizes some of the things she does that affect everyone. I think Babs and her woulda been dating by now if Kara really thought some of her actions through first." Ivy didn't think Kara was bad, just made bad decisions. Quincy couldn't undo how she called Kara, but she said, "Good idea. Both of you. It might just wake her up."

Jean took her place by the bed, closed her eyes and focused her mind towards the girl. "Unless I'm missing something in my lessons... I think I'm being blocked. I see her, I see her breathing... But I'm actually not sensing her. She's right in front of me and I can touch her." She said making a face.

Ivy nodded. "My ivies said that something felt off with the skin, but couldn't put a tendril on it."

Jean frowned and glanced at Professor X, and put a hand over where the girl's heart was and should be easily felt. She shook her head at Charles. Of course, she was still just a student, although in her last grade of high school. "If I couldn't sense, and touch... I'd swear she wasn't really here." She complained.

"Hmm" Charles thought about what Jean said and focused for a moment.
"I believe you are correct Ms. Grey" He wheeled over to Alina's head and placed a hand on either side of it.
"Strange, something or someone is definitely blocking my mind, not unlike magnetos helmet" He claimed and moved his hand to rub his head.
"This is certainly an interesting case, though for now, we should keep constant surveillance on her. And perhaps get her into a change of clothes once we know she is stable." He added as he started to wheel away.

"Ms. Isley, perhaps you could watch her? Oh, and I will let McCoy know to meet you, Doctor, he is an old friend."

Quincy nodded to Professor X. "I did just ask him to come here, but if you can remind him it's pretty imperative, it's appreciated. And with you in charge, Pamela, since you did find her... You wanted responsibility? Consider our guest your responsibility, until she wakes up. Call me immediately. I'll be in the other room."

Meanwhile, Jean was scolding herself, I should have known that! I may not be anywhere near his level, but a shield liken to Magneto's helmet?! That should be child's play to detect! Jean, shame on you! How long have you been under the tutelage of Professor X?! How old are you?!

While Jean mentally kicked herself, Supergirl showed up. Quincy just wiggled her index finger in a "follow me" movement, pointing into the other room where those suffering from her garlic breath inhalation were recovering, a few still looking a little peckish... But only the girls. Flash and Iceman didn't look fully recovered. "Lay back down, Mr. Allen, before you fall down. You're not discharged until I say so." Quincy barked. She gave only a glare Iceman's way for him to stay put. She turned to Supergirl. "Look around, Kara. And pay attention. You know what bad breath and garlic breath has been like, you've been victimized. Now... Compound it with your Kryptonian physiology. You seem to forget how strong you are; that includes the strength of your breath after eating a LOT of garlic."

Kara gulped as she took in the sight of HER victims. Catwoman actually whimpered and hid her face under the covers.

Jean, paying little attention to Supergirl, went straightaway to her three best friends including Barry. "You're not invulnerable, Bare, I'd listen to her if I were you. And watch your thoughts, Mister. I've got a very jealous girlfriend." She winked at Kitty, but there was still sadness in the wink. She visited a bit more with the other friends, before coming to Kitty's bed, taking her hand and looking in her eyes as she sat in the chair by her. "Hey you. How ya feeling?"

Charles nodded and left to continue with other work.

Kitty replied taking Jean's hand in her own.
"Better, felt like I was hit with the mother of all stink bombs, but otherwise okay. How about you? you look like that time you accidentally read my mind on our first date." She asked.

Jean chuckled as she blushed. "Hey... I apologized, and who was my ex? Cyclops..." She kissed the hand to show there were no hard feelings for bringing that up. "I still owe you a date to Ocean Amusement Park, so you gotta recover." She nodded toward Catwoman hissing at Supergirl as she was showing her "claws" but keeping the sheet up between her and Supergirl just to show Kitty she wasn't alone. "You're still new with your intangibility power, but I guess that couldn't save you from Super Garlic over there. I think Batgirl actually likes her, but even she's tired of Kara on Italian Night." She patted the hand, kissing Kitty's cheek. "You don't need any repeat of garlic. I did wolf my piece down as we headed out for that search and rescue." If Kitty corrected her to Search and Recovery Jean would allow it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

9pm

Ivy was surprised at the words. "What again? This is the infirmary at Superhero High. Um... Hi. I'm Ivy. Just Ivy. And you are?" She forgot to call for Dr. Quincy, happy the girl was awake.

Kitty smiled at her.
"All that is nice, but you never really answered my question. What has you bothered? It's more than just the accident that landed me in here."

-------------------------------------------------------------

9pm

Alina's eyes slowly opened and she looked around the room seeing the infirmary, it looked to be similar to the labs she was raised in. They must have re-captured her, she failed...
"Not again." She spoke quietly and weakly.
"Super what? I, am not tied down?" She asked sitting up and looking toward the girl she was just now noticing.
"Ivy huh? I like your hair. I am Alina, so this place, it's some sort of school? What happened?"

Jean grimaced. Yes, she was hiding something from Kitty. "Uh. Landed you in here, that was entirely on Kara." After a bit more side-stepping, she sighed. "There is a survivor. Girl about our age. Possibly a mutant like us as well." Never mind that Jean was almost two years older than her girlfriend. "I don't think Professor X will let me divulge any more than that, my Shadow Kitty." She just decided to sit quietly with Kitty Pryde, who she just realized meant more to her than Cyclops ever did. This universe just may be spared Dark Phoenix. Jean really deeply loved and wanted to protect Kitty, although she failed protecting her from Supergirl's super bad breath. But then again... Supergirl WAS currently in the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ivy blushed. "Th-Thanks." She blushed, shyly looking at the girl as she absent-mindedly played with her own hair. She took a breath. "Um. The helicopter you were in crashed in our football field. Debris all the way to the woods. Um. You're the only one that made it. Um. Yeah. School. Boarding. Heroes. Y'know? How could you never hear of Superhero High?" It was then that ivy realized. "Oh. I gotta get the doctor. She's really nice. Stern, but nice. Sounds like a oxymoron, but isn't. I'm rambling, aren't I? Sorry." She then called, "Doctor Quincy! She's awake!"

"Ask her if she can let me get her vitals, will you, Ms. Isley? I'll be there in a few minutes. Mr. Allen. Park it. You and Princess Diana might as well get comfortable. You're both staying for overnight observation. Ms. Kyle has accepted she has to, the princess seems to, but doesn't like it. You need to accept it, you don't have to like it, but you have to accept it."

Ivy rolled her eyes. "Yeah, see, Dr. Quincy doesn't like using those. We're all sposed to be heroes... Yeah, a school. You gotta meet our Dean. Professor Charles Xavier. He's nice, too." She then looked shyly at Alina. "Can Dr. Quincy get your vitals. She wants to make sure you're okay, although we think you are."

Kitty looked her in the eyes as she spoke.
"Well I can't read your mind, so you need to let me know when you have these things on it, or anything else if there is more."
"So I know you can't divulge much but, if you need anything off your chest, you can talk to me" She whispered.

------------------------------------------

Alina looked at her a little confused as she spoke, she was never taught about any of this in the lab, was this common knowledge for most people? What else did she not know?
"I umm, Doctor? Physical? You mean experiment!?" She said seeming to get a little defensive. Was she mad? or possibly just scared?
"Wait, heroes? Schools? I... I don't understand" She placed her hands on her head.
"Vitals? I umm you can try, though it might be difficult" She answered seeming, confused or maybe she was disoriented from the crash?

Jean sighed, turning her face away, but squeezing Kitty's hand. "I know he knows about us. I think he's testing my loyalty and ability to keep his word... You know, obey his rules." A sigh. "You'd think he's grooming me to be a teacher here, which will make things awkward between us... A teacher dating a student? The scandal!" If she was trying to make light of it she failed. It wouldn't take a mind-reader to see Jean would pick Kitty over a teaching position at Superhero High.

Quincy came over and ran some tests on Kitty. "You're breathing is back to normal, for you, Kitty. I'm discharging you. Jean, I need YOU to stick around. You want your girlfriend here, clear it with Charles. Tell him conference mind call me if she can stay." She went to the other room where Alina is awake, and leapt in and posed dramatically (even if Hank was there) quipping, "Super Doctor Izz in da howwww-sss!" After her over the top presentation, she smiled at Alina. "How are you? My name is Emilia Quincy, I'll be your physician, today, and you can call me 'Doc' as in 'Whats up, Doc?' Let's get you fully checked now," She put her stethoscope in her ears and took Alina's wrist gently and placed the stethoscope against her heart. "Just breathe normally for me, okay?"

Meanwhile, Jean did as Quincy requested; sending a psychic message to her Dean. "Prof? Dr. Quincy asked me to stay and has discharged Kitty. I'd like her to stay to meet the girl she was looking for... I mean, you know how serious I am about her, and I don't like keeping things from her. I think I saw Hank? He made it? Nice! Oh. Let Dr Quincy know the same time, she asked." She squeezed Kitty's hand again, trying to be reassuring, as she waited for what she hoped was good news.

Kitty gently squeezed her hand back.
"I think it is okay if we started to date before you started to teach," Kitty didn't want to hold her back or feel like she had to choose.

As Quincy did her tests, Kitty, of course, co-operated fully, and let out a breath learning she was fine.
"That is good, and if you want Jean I would be okay to stay here with you, maybe I can even be of some help." She left Jean to focus on her message.

Alina jumped at the sudden and energetic entrance of Dr. Quincy.
"M-Me? I am okay, I feel fine like I usually do, I mean" She replied a little nervous at her ecstatic energy.
"What's up Doc?" She seemed confused at her statement, she must somehow not know the famous reference to Bugs Bunny.
"Yeah, breathing normally, I guess. What do you want with me?" She asked still nervous.

Charles contacted Quincy and Jean as he responded.
"If you both feel like it would be safe and useful to have Kitty join, I trust your judgment, just proceed with caution, her ability to block out me and Jean, plus her seeming to be invulnerable like skin makes her a potential threat. Of course, treat her with kindness and do not assume she is against us, but we do not know what else she is capable of, so be wary."

Meanwhile, the news of these two had just reached Wolverine and Batman, both of which were skeptical of this girl who fell into their yard, she could be a spy.

Finally, Hank made it to the room, knocking on the door to ensure everyone was decent, after all, if she was undergoing a physical he did not want to intrude on the young ladies.
"It's Dr. McCoy, is all alright for me to enter, I hear you may need some assistance."

Jean stood quietly by, and upon hearing the voice of her old friend, instinctively and psionically opened the door allowing entrance. "Nothing much up, Bugs, and you?" Quincy grinned letting go of the wrist, "What I want? Normal routine physical, nothing off the wall." Quincy had no idea what Alina had been through. "Heart rate, pulse, blood pressure, eyes ears, throat, reflexes. You just been in a crash, you know. Make sure things are in good working order." She felt around. Frowning, she looked at Jean. "This girl needs some now dignity. Kitty, run to the closet and get her a school uniform... Until she can get Xavier approved, which may be... Ahem. You're Dr. McCoy?" She looked over the bridge of her nose. "See what's wrong with the equipment, please?" She looked at Alina gently. "Sweetie, I can see that you are really here... But I can't seem to get anything. Have you got a... Instinctive power... I guess?"

Jean would try to dress Alina in psionic clothes until Kitty returned with the real ones, meanwhile Quincy tapped her stethoscope with a finger. "Testing, testing, one two, Mary had a little lamb." She shook her head and looked at Hank. "Old fashioned stethoscope works except on her." She then looked kindly to Alina. "Is there any reason why that is? We want to help you. Maybe you can tell us your story? We're all friends here. The redhead with the flowers is Ivy. That's Jean Grey. I just sent Kitty Pryde to get you something to wear... And the blue guy is, apparently, my new technician and an old friend of the school Dean." She looked to him. "Introduce yourself to me and the rest, please."

Jean smiled. "Well, except to me and Kitty. We know him."

Alina looked at her in confusion as she called her Bugs, she had not been so confused before.
"Umm Alina is my name, and you can probably hear my heart, and might be able to see into my eyes and ears, and maybe throat. However, the rest I do not think you can test" She answered not sure what was going on but was more than used to being tested so knew that kind of procedure.
"But I am fine, look not even a scratch." She held out her arms, which to be fair was true, though her clothes were singed and torn, she didn't even have a scuff.
"And instinctive isn't right exactly, more subconscious. Instinctive implies a reaction from me or knowledge. What is preventing all that just happens, I can't control it and I am genuinely not aware of it other than what I have been told, like breathing, no, more like making your heartbeat or your stomach digest things, it just is." She tried to explain. Kitty nodded and headed out of the room through one of the walls.

Hank came in with a smile and a book. Though Alina was taken back by his appearance she tried to hide her reaction, not sure if this was normal or not, she had experienced so little of the outside world she did not want to let these people know how naive she really was.
"Good evening everyone, I am Dr. Hank McCoy, an old friend of Charles or professor as you likely call him. Heh, I knew him when he had hair and I had, well significantly less hair and much less primary colour in it." He joked as he walked over to the equipment.
"What sort of issues have you been having with the devices?" He asked adjusting his glasses.

Alina stayed quiet about her story, hoping that she could just avoid the question. She was alright discussing her powers but if these people learned she escaped from those people, they may try and return her, after all, she was their property right? That is what she was told her whole life.

Kitty returned and placed the clothes on the table by Ivy.
"Hank!" She called out running and jumping on his back.

"Oh hello Ms. Pryde, how are you?" He smiled pulling her off and onto the ground gently.

Last edited:
Jean's eyes went wide, just as Quincy nodded. "I see. Involuntary reflex then." That was when Kitty glomped her friend.

Jean played like her feelings were hurt, when even Kitty and Hank knew better, what would come next, was an inside joke shared only between girlfriends and had been an accident on the first date. "How come you don't do that to me?" She pretend pouted, before wincing. "Babe, you don't have to yell... Yeah, you see me every day. Ouch." She said rubbing her temple while winking at Kitty about the said shared inside joke. Although a real elbow in Jean's real side to finish the so-called spat via Kitty usually happened if there was an audience, and especially someone who didn't know they were seeing each other. Tonight there were two people new. Hank and Alina. Quincy just thought they were having a lovers' spat and continued talking to Hank.

Dr. Quincy shook her head. "If there's a way to get through an involuntary reflex shield? Anything you can do, Dr. McCoy would work wonders." She turned back to Alina. "We don't know anything about what's happening, and we are trying to help you. Something tells me abuse is involved... And before you get another elbow, courtesy of your school physician, Ms. Grey... That wouldn't have taken a mind reader to figure out. Just good ol' fashion detective work." A sigh. "Alina, if you haven't figured out yet, we kid around with each other like this all the time. And the reason I say abuse is involved is who hasn't heard of Bugs Bunny and the Looney Tunes? Why would anyone keep cartoons from a kid? Even a teenager? You and I have a date with my TV set after you dress." She pointed to the clothes that Ivy was staring at in surprise. "You may have any other girl besides me... I'm staying as presiding doctor... To help you dress if you need. By the way... What you are wearing is another clue about the abuse."

Jean knew what was expected of her. Contact Charles with the new development. With a sigh, she said to Alina, "Sorry. I can't do it. Got an important call to make." She promptly left so the psychic link could be established and she and Professor X could chat privately. She even waved Kitty off, motioning her to stay put!

Alina just seemed to observe the interaction, not sure what was happening at all. Her head moved from person to person as they spoke until she was being talked to. Though Hank seemed to immediately catch on to their inside joke, being able to tell from their tones and actions that it was a bit.
"Well, Dr.Quincy we would really need to know more about the compensation of the shield as well as how or why it's triggered and how it links to Ms. Alina here. For all we know breaking through it could harm her, so we need to be careful." Hank replied matter of factly.

"It doesn't activate, and it's not really a reflex, as far as I can tell it is always active. Like how your heart is always beating this, the barrier is always on, I have tried to control it in the past but don't even know where to start." Alina admitted.

Alina turned her attention to Quincy once she spoke to her. "Abuse? I umm, do you need to be hurt for it to be abuse? and Bugs Bunny? Loony Toons? Cartoons? I umm I don't know what any of that is. Are they on tv monitors?" She paused and looked toward the clothes that were brought for her, likely not a perfect fit but they would do.
"I can dress myself" She stated getting off the bed and starting to remove her gown.

Quincy grimaced and temple-palmed herself. "Right. As a medical professional with a few more years than you, I should have known that. Unless Jean read your mind... which I doubt since she was having a lovers' spat with Kitty at the moment, she wouldn't be able to pass that to our Dean. Thank you for pointing that out, Hank."

Quincy nodded after listening to Alina. "Yes and no, Alina. See, emotions can also be abused by someone. That hurts, but it's not the physical kind that can be felt. Apparently, you don't even feel pain, so even physical won't be felt. I suspect they also played mental games with you, which is yet another form of abuse." She sent everyone out but herself, apologizing to Hank as he was shooed also. "Ivy, you are my assistant. You found her. You and Kitty of the students can come back in when she's done. Hank? Can you be a dear and go into my office, get the TV set to DVD and pull my Looney Tunes DVD set from my library shelf on the far wall? It should be the fat five album one that says Best of the Looney Tunes third shelf from the top. That's where the cartoons are. Thanks." Since the DC universe didn't know Marvel existed until recently, if Hank looked, he'd see the DVD of the 90s X-Men among Quincy's cartoon DVDs. If curious enough, he could ask to borrow it.

"No worries, a second head can always help, happy anytime you need." He nodded and left when it was clear he was not needed for the machines and he was shooed.

"Oh" Alina listened to her explanation, she feels like she may have been emotionally abused her whole life, she thought it was normal for so long but part of her felt like it was wrong. She changed after everyone had left the room, Dr. Quincy was fast to shoo them out.

As Hank looked at the DVD's seeing the ones that seemed to star him and his friends, he looked at them with a quisitive grin.
"Fascinating... It seems they also had fictional, or now non-fictional entertainment that matched our world, I wonder if they would be interested in our books that resembled their world." She said out loud to himself as he collected the requested DVDs.

Kitty walked out with Jean and Ivy as Alina changed.
"So that new girl seems a little odd right? Like how did she grow up with that? What do you think happened?" She asked Ivy.

Soon enough Alina finished changing, the outfit being an alright fit though a little loose.
"So is this what is the regular thing to wear here?" Alina adjusted the clothes, though had put the skirt on improperly,

Back
Top Bottom