Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Student at Superhero High (KiraMusani x Frozen Princess)

Kitty smiled and brought her in, she was already been waiting in the clothes she would sleep in, getting on the other side of the bed as Jean turned to her just in time to see her asleep. "long day huh?" She whispered before laying with her. Kitty told her for each apology she didn't have to, falling asleep isn't something to apologize for.

Alina did wait, outside her door, not sure what to do, so would knock every so often until she saw her emerge.
"You said six right? So I was here at six, was that wrong? and umm okay, sure." She nodded and would follow her in if lead. Alina was wearing the same clothes she had been given the day before.

Jean wasn't sure why she was apologizing so profusely, maybe in an effort to not be the reason for any breakup. Something she should also talk to Charles about. Did she somehow blame herself for Scott's wanderlust, and was determined to let Kitty know she didn't need to look anywhere else? As a female adolescent teen, she really should have known better. She wasn't the kind to cheat, and Kitty wasn't either. After the latest apology was graciously accepted with a "not your fault", she shook her head. "Maybe after school, we should talk about how uncharacteristic I'm being, why, and establish that mind link if you want. Charles is right. I'm a better person and leader than I've been acting since the breakup. Almost like I'm using it like a crutch to keep from making the same mistake with you as I did with Scott. The only place I should be a pantywaist is nowhere." She grimaced. "That's definitely not the girl you found so attractive. Sorry." As soon as it came out, she facepalmed and chuckled at herself.

Ivy giggled before sliding on her dress and slippers, in front of Alina without realizing how Alina would react to seeing a naked teen girl, or even realizing she had. She'd surely have blushed positively crimson if she had. "Yes, I did say six. I was already in the shower because I got up fifteen minutes early. That's something else you can do. It's kinda required so we don't smell unladylike or unheroic. Barbara Minerva kinda has fur everywhere and is like a cat. I suppose she was at it again with the bugler. I could hear commotion but no actual words." She headed out, made sure she still had her key, and headed to breakfast with her new friend (or at least she hoped so).

*(To you for the main breakfast. The day is going to go relatively quick with excerpts of each class and introduction to each of Ivy's teachers and coaches)

Kitty smiled and placed a hand on Jean's cheek before giving it a kiss.
"Hey, you have nothing to apologize for, if you are ready, and want to talk and establish that link, I would love to. But you are human like any other person here. And you need time to, umm adjust, I know how sensitive you are with your powers and stuff, so it makes sense things might be a little, different for a bit, but the important part is that either way, I am here for you, got it?" She told her before giving her another kiss on her cheek.

Alina had been looking around Ivy's room as she changed, only getting a small glimpse of her which made her blush indeed, though she did not understand why or what these feelings were, she had never felt them before.
"Oh I umm, I don't need to shower, my power keeps anything from really getting to my skin, no dirt, no dust. It is even temperature managed in here so no sweating for me either. Or that is at least what I have been told. It like, auto cleans me constantly I guess, I am not super sure on the specifics" She rubbed the back of her head... not sure why she felt so nervous suddenly.

Alina walked to breakfast following Ivy down the halls, seeming to look around at all of the new environments around her.
"So what are your powers? and umm were you born with them like me? I never even knew there were others with abilities before yesterday, it's all so, amazing."

Last edited:
Jean smiled back, genuinely happy that Kitty was understanding. "I feel the same way. I'm here for you, too. The lessons aren't that dissimilar to Professor X's school, so that's not where the concern is. I know it's different, but I prefer dating a girl now. Of course you were my first choice. I can't say only, I toyed with the idea of dating Rogue at first. I held off until you turned 16, and not long after that, we all transferred here... Well, those that wished to follow Professor X here to Metropolis." They had been walking toward the cafeteria while talking. "Thank you for agreeing to do the psy-link, but I should let you know, it's thoughts and emotions, and can only be disrupted by distrust. I hope I never give you a reason to not trust me. I feel like we've established a trusting relationship. This is still a massive next step. It could be overwhelming at first, so it'd be best if it's after school. We should talk a little more about it, though." Jean wanted Kitty to feel safe and not rushed into it. They reached the cafeteria which was not extremely busy surprisingly.

Ivy had a question regarding that Alina had to be told about what the protective shield around Alina did. As she was asked about her powers, she blinked. "Well, controlling plants, I guess. I can make them grow and move, and it works on my emotions, or that's what I can figure right now. I freak out, the plants around me freak out. I try really hard not to have freak outs, or at least keep them to a minimum." She thought for a minute longer before shrugging. "Before that I was already doing botanical tests, and trying to enrich our... I mean humans' abilities to communicate with plants to understand their pain. They can be hurt, too. It hurts me since my accident when plants get hurt." She shook her head. "I haven't had this ability very long, little alone my whole life. It was kinda thrust on me. That's why I gotta have a daily physical. I don't yet know exactly how they're going to check my psyche, unless I'm asked every day how I'm doing or feeling." She shrugged. "Oh look, we're already at the cafeteria... Golly, where IS everyone?" This question asked despite roughly half the students were at breakfast. "Um. You can pick for both of us if you want. I still eat almost anything. I'm aware of how if I swear off fruits and vegetables, I could get really sick, really quick."

(What do they eat?)

Kitty of course was happy that Jean wanted to talk about doing the link that seemed to be important to her.
"Of course, we will talk about this more. I don't super understand all this like, psy-link stuff, but I trust you, and I love you." Kitty smiled as they made their way into the caf.
"Lucky us, we have early access to the flapjacks, want to get us a table, you tell me what type you want?" She asked.
"Or you get them and I get the table since you can just read my mind" She joked kissing her again.

Alina looked at her and listened intently as she explained her powers.
"Wow, control plants... that sounds really hard. I mean I like to make these invisible, light wall things and I know how hard that is, but plants are like things, right? They have pre-existing structures and stuff. I did learn some things about plants, some people think that they can feel and react, with like music and stuff. But with your powers you know right? So what about stuff like lettuce and kale or whatever" She asked curiously.
"Also so like, did you grow up in this place? or was it like after? If after, then how did you grow up?"

Jean made a face, and the way she wrinkled her brow and nose, she looked almost like a shar pei dog. "How'bout I just tell you I want the mixed berry pancakes with apricot syrup, hmm, dear?" She asked, giving Kitty a kiss on her cheek. "I'll get the table." She found one for just the two of them relatively easily and not too far from the entrance. She took the chair with the back to the door, allowing Kitty to see if she could spot any of her friends.

Harley Quinn came in like normal for her, acrobatically, and saw Jean sitting alone. "Hiya Red! This seat taken?"

"Yes, Harley. By my very jealous girlfriend." Jean answered coolly, rubbing her face, almost hoping Kitty would show up and shoo Harley as well, as well as take note of how Jean had answered Harley.

Ivy blinked. "You mean you actually get botany? Wow, cool. I was concerned some of my classes will be over your head with what you've said... I mean, a few might still be as I have some pretty tough classes... I actually have Mad Mod, remember how I warned you it's harder than Crazy Quilt's Tailoring 101? I know the basics of sewing, but I'm not ready to design a Supersuit yet." She nodded. "Once plucked, produce starts dying. And like I said, I know that I still have a lot of human in me, so if I don't eat plants for vitamins and minerals, I could get really sick, and who knows what else. Maybe I could snap. I don't want that. It's breakfast, so that's fresh fruit. Can you please bring me some cottage cheese and a mixed fruit bowl? I'll explain my backstory when you come back with our breakfasts, okay?" She pointed to the nearest breakfast bar where Alina would find everything Ivy asked for, including the syrups where Kitty would go to put on Jean's berry pancakes, and took a seat near where they stopped where she witnessed Harley Quinn hit on Jean Grey. She was surprised Jean didn't psychically clock Harley. How dense could one girl be? Jean HAD a girlfriend. Almost everyone knew that, and even knew it was Kitty Pryde. She shook her head sadly, and waited for Alina to come back with her breakfast, and hoped she saw the second bar where the eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles and other breakfast entrees were, so Alina could get what she wanted.

Kitty nodded and left to get their food, actually seeing Nightcrawler inline using his disguise as he often did.
"Hey, Kurt!" She walked up to him from behind and walked through him to get what he wanted for breakfast.
"Gah! Kitty, I told you not to do that" he said jumping and patting himself where kitty phased through.
"Sorry getting things for me and Jean." She replied happily as she looked back to see Harley.
"Hey, there is Harley, now is your chance, and you would be doing me a favor, she may be one person who likes your poof in style," Kitty told her as she got the food for her and Jean.

Nightcrawler, after a deep breath and some self motivation, teleported beside Harley.
"Hey Harley"
Almost right after that Kitty phased through her and into her seat, putting Jean's food in front of her.
"Hey girlfriend, and... Harley..." She said with a clear attitude.

Alina meanwhile agreed and waited before getting what Ivy had asked for. Her own plate having a mix match of everything, though seemed more like a sampler plate than anything as a meal.
"I hope I didn't mess any of this up" Alina said as she returned placing the food in front of her.
"Oh and umm, so like, when we eat like lettuce and kale, does it like hurt the plants? Are they like scared or anything?" She asked curious.

Last edited:
Jean wore a smirk on her face as Kitty phased through Harley, causing the queen clown to jump a good ten feet in the air "Aaaggghh! That is disturbing on several levels of ew, ew, ew!"

Jean winked at Kitty. "That's my jealous girlfriend. Nice moves."

Harley had taken the hint. "Damn, Red! No woulda worked!" She muttered.

Jean shrugged. "My hero." She said looking at Kitty and offering a thrown kiss. "I was running out of ideas and ways of saying no. Maybe I'm finally off Harley's list."

Harley flopped an arm around Nightcrawler, the one she usually held her bat with. "Nighty. Ya want any chance wit' me, your hairs gotta go red." She looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "An' ONLY yer hair. You'll look too much like Etrigan if you go for a full red look. One is creepy enough." She sauntered off, and it wasn't for sure who she was flirting with: Jean, Kitty or Kurt. The only real redhead was too busy with her pancakes to pay Harley any mind.

Meanwhile, Ivy was busy listening to Alina's questions. "Like I said. They don't feel anything once they're getting torn or cut or shredded." She visibly closed her eyes and shivered. "Yes they feel pain of getting cut up for food. So do the animals that we slaughter for food. I mean, the animals only feel it so long... I'd like to change the subject if it's all the same." It was clear that it hurt Ivy, but she realized it was a necessary "evil". They had to eat; even her.

She ate her fruit slices after what seemed like a silent moment for the fruits' sacrifice. She seemed to have little qualms devouring her cottage cheese.

She looked at the clock, and then her watch. "About time for my first class, well, fifteen minutes." She had a puzzled look on her face, wondering where all Alina was going to put all that food.

Last edited:
Kitty smiled back at Jean, happy she had determined the blond that had been bothering her.
"Well, even us heroes need saving sometimes" she stated as she handed over Jean's food to her and started to eat her own.
"And what makes you think I am the jealous type? Though I do hope you are off her radar now."

Kurt sighed.
"Oh man"

"Oh, well that does sound sad, but okay, maybe we can talk about other things then, like umm, how things were like for you before you were here" she suggested taking a sample from her plate and trying each thing. Some things she seemed to be able to eat just fine, but others seem to fall apart or be stopped just as they should enter her mouth, a dejected look on her face each time that had happened.

"Oh, should we start walking there? Is their a punishment for being late?"

"Yes. Yes, we do." Jean smiled, winking at Kitty. Basically flirting with her. "If you've noticed, love, I only say that when you're within earshot, and as the case with Harley, when "no" doesn't seem to be working. Like you like to remind me, I can read your mind, love. I know you aren't, but it's fun watching those who can't take a hint, squirm." This was followed with another flirty wink, as she finished her pancakes. "Wish I could see you to your sophomore classes, but I have a class with Professor X. You know how he doesn't like it when a student is late."

As ivy got up, she shook her head. "I had a realitively normal childhood growing up. I excelled so great in Botany science and chemistry that I was considered a super genius and was recommended to Superhero High School. Might have been a blessing in disguise, or a curse considering what happened to me, depending on your perspective." Ivy showed Alina her schedule, explaining that Alina's should look extremely different, and she might be in classes with the younger students, like Velocity and Kitty.

Algebra 8-845 The teacher rolled her eyes and had one student move to a farther seat, and explained to Alina that she had to sit next to who she was shadowing in order for the teacher to obey school rules. Algebra was somewhat simple to Ivy, but as she said, she was a super genius. Alina would notice Batgirl also in the class, but would Alina comprehend the use of letters in mathematics, and "the value of n squared"?

Literature (Bookworm) 855-940 Bookworm did the same thing. Placing Alina right next to Ivy who she was to shadow. Unlike with the Algebra teacher, he did it without any change of emotions. Batgirl was victimized, however, with having to be moved, but all Barbara Gordon did was a flawless eye roll while gathering her books and moving back a few seats. Bookworm's class was on Rudyard Kipling s The Jungle Book and Alina was invited in for her take in the discussion of the chapter read during class. Would Bookworm be amazed, or disappointed in Alina's comprehension skills? Odds were, he wouldn't be indifferent.

Physical Education (Wildcat) 950-1035 Cheetah raised a stink about being moved because of the new girl, and Wildcat, who knew very little about Alina except she was the new student and was to shadow Ivy all day, would defend her quite well, even confronting Cheetah to her face! The class was basic exercises, more for Alina's benefit, but to keep the regular students on their own toes, they were done at a brisker than normal pace. Would Alina be able to keep up?

Lunch 1045-1130

Botany 1140-1225 For the first time, the teacher was less than enthusiastic about keeping Alina and Ivy together. Ivy had a lab partner planned for this semester, so Alina was just going to have to be the Australian heroine's partner, and like it. Because of Ivy's shyness, which really came out with the reprimand from the teacher (Ivy actually looked quite a bit like a shrinking violet with her timidity) Alina would have no choice but to be Sheila Lasso's lab partner. "No worries, luv, all we're doin' is takin' a Captain Cook about this here seedpod in the dish. Ever operated on a plant before?' Ivy flinched, even though she was going to have to do that very thing as well. "Oops. Sorry, Ivy, but it's technically what we're doin', luv." Would Alina impress this teacher with her knowledge of botany?

Tailorship and the History of Fashion (Mad Mod) 1235-120 Mod warned Alina that he wouldn't tolerate lack of attention in his class, and gave the evil eye at Ivy. Since ivy had already warned Alina about him, would she be able to concentrate in the class, especially after being singled out. He did get on several students (surprisingly ivy wasn't one of them) for not paying attention. Alina probably could see how this teacher was a villain at one time. He was that obsessed with "brats paying attention in class" as he talked about 14th century fashion. The assignment was finally given that was due in two weeks. Measuring a fellow student for a 14th century prince outfit or princess gown. Unless Alina knew anything about a tailor or seamstress job, it would be a good thing she'd be put in Tailoring 101 with Crazy Quilt.

Drama (Puzzler) 130-215 The Shakespeare quoting teacher was the only other one that wouldn't let Alina shadow Ivy who already had the part of Rosalind in As You Like It. How would Alina react to this?

Last edited:
Kitty smiled back at Jean.
"Of course, I know love. And yes, though honestly, I am not sure I am ready for the courseload you are dealing with, so I am perfectly fine with what I have, plus, it would be harder to focus in class with you there." She winked and stood up after finishing her meal.
"So guess I am walking you to class this time?"

Alina looked to be in thought about her response for a moment before replying.
"Well, I umm, we don't have time now, but maybe later you can tell me what a 'normal' life was like for you? And umm, I can definitely see this being seen as a curse sometimes." She added as she looked down at her hands, then the food that her ability had blocked.
"Do they taste any good?" She asked, the blocked foods being the ones that were high in sugar and fats.
Alina looked at the schedule.
"Busy day" She smiled.

Alina had a good understanding of math, seeming to be right where she needed to be to keep up, at least they gave her a standard education when it came to math. Though she was not on the same level as Batgirl and Ivy, not a super genius, maybe a little above average, at least in current knowledge.

Alina was happy to get to sit by Ivy again, she didn't really know anyone else. As they talked about The Jungle Book Alina's comprehension skills would be similar to her math skills, a general knowledge without being anything special, underwhelming for the level of class she was in but would likely be high up in the lower level classes.

Alina was very reserved and seemed ready to back down to Cheetah immediately, but was happy to be saved by Wildcat and thanked him profusely when it happened. As for her performance, this was once class she was quite good in, able to actually keep up with the class, though was not able to outperform the likes of Batgirl. However, in the combat-focused section of class she would seem to be very inexperienced, though would do well in a striking contest, at least when it came to taking a punch.

Alina would stick with Ivy for lunch, doing something similar to what she had with breakfast, find an assortment of different foods and see what she could eat and what she would like. It seemed the healthier foods were the ones she was allowed to eat.

Once again Alina didn't fight being separated but was not happy about it. She did her best to work with the Aussie, and smiled and conversed with her as best she could.
"Oh? wha? I umm, n-no, just read some books on like photosynthesis and stuff, and a handful of music theories. Umm, you have an interesting way of speaking, can I ask why?" She asked, not seeming to be familiar with the non-American English style of speaking. Her Knowledge would be fine on paper, but her practical knowledge was not so great. She would do her best to be kind to this strange speaking new friend in if allowed would bombard them with questions about themselves.

Once again Alina did not complain about being moved but was clearly not happy about it. Her attention was the same in all the classes, laser-focused on the lesson, once thing she may be top tier in was listening and paying attention. She however knew nothing about tailoring, not even something as simple as sowing.

Alina would agree to what the teacher wanted, and simply ask in as kind of a tone as possible what they wanted her to do.
"Okay, umm, what should I do? umm watch? or something else?"

Last edited:
Jean smiled back. "If you don't mind and still get to your class? I'd love an escort to class." She put her hand gently in the crock of Kitty's elbow.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Wildcat shrugged it off with a "just doin' my job, sport." During the little time of sparring, and hand to hand, he showed her how to defend herself, taking the time and patience with her, and of course, this also pissed Cheetah off. "Diana isn't the only one on my list! Stay outta my way!" She hissed at Alina. Ivy made note to tell Charles about the threat also in her notes as well as Wildcats "Stifle it, Barbara! Unless you want another few days of detention!"

During Botany, right after Lunch, Sheila Lasso, who Alina had met in Wildcat's PE class, chuckled. "That's cuz I come from the Land Down Under, luv. I'm Aussie born an' bred. Nothin' special 'bout me cept my roping skills, which ya saw in phys ed during hand to hand when I hogtied that loudmouth Cheetah gal."

Puzzler just had Alina sit on his right side in the front row to watch the rehearsal. "We're going to be performing this as part of of a school function and will be the actors' final exam for the semester... Excuse me." He yelled up to the stage. "Flash! Boy, where'd I tell you to stand? Alright, why aren't you on your mark? That's better."

Ivy was also talking notes to give to Charles after school, telling on teachers, students and even herself over the incident at PE. No teacher was ratted out until afternoon, and then it was all three. She hated to do it to the botany teacher, and even had a question that if Alina had to shadow her all day, shouldn't an allowance had been made to let Alina be her lab partner for one day? She had no idea how things could have been different in Drama and even said that. She already had the part of Rosalind, and they were practicing. Alina seemed safe enough, sitting next to Mr. Evans (Maurice Evans played The Puzzler in the '66 Batman, so I'm using the actor's real name.), and even saw how attentive she was.

"Of course, m'lady" Kitty smiled and happily walked her to class before giving her a peck on the cheek and walking away, phasing through the lockers on the other side of the hall to get to her class quicker.

-----------------------------------------------------

As they continued to spar, wildcat would see that Alina would benefit far more from defense against grapples than strikes, her barrier didn't seem to alter her weight, at least not against a constant force but absorbed the sudden impact of a strike.

"Oh, you are from underground? I kind of am too, at least I think so.. or assume it. and hehe, yeah I remember, she was not very happy about that. Though she didn't like me much, or maybe she is just always mad?" She wasn't sure if she was talking to herself or to her new friend at the tail end of that but she was enjoying herself.

Alina nodded along as the teacher explained everything that was being planned, she then sat quietly and watched the practice, enjoying the literal show.

-----------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Cover Girl would get a message from the front gate, which looked like 3 people had arrived. (One male speaking and two female, none that looked to be trained in combat) They had asked for the girl that had crashed on their property the evening before, claiming that they have forms from the UN the US president as well as local law enforcement stating their right to reclaim the girl and would rather this go smoothly and peacefully for everyone.

Sheila Lasso rolled her eyes, shaking her head with a million dollar grin a mile wide. "Not quite, luv. Aussie means I'm Australian. And never mind Cheetah. She's all scratch. Yobbo's mad at the world, but especially Princess Diana. Who knows why. Anyhoo, I wonder about that where you call home. No bloomin' accent. Although my hero name is Sheila Lasso, and I am a sheila (meaning female) My civilian name is Crystal. Pleased to meet ya."

Cover Girl was known by her GI Joe codename by most Metropolis PD, and frowned as she asked to see the proof, while at the same time, calling Quincy, as she brought up the records Quincy and Hank were able to fill out after Quincy checked Alina over. What Cover Girl read, angered her, but she kept her composure. "What's her name? How old is she? What are her likes and dislikes?" In no way was Cover Girl allowing these people in without that information. "There's suspected emotional abuse that can NOT be done in less than 24 hours. There's a police counselor with her and Professor X right now." Cover Girl eyed the trio suspiciously.

Meanwhile, Ivy turned her own report to Charles, along with how well Alina behaved and the attention she paid in each class. A few teachers were impressed with her inquisitive mind, except for Mad Mod, who remarked he'd wished ALL his students had her attention abilities, and that had her knowledge of basic sewing matched that, he'd have no problem teaching her. Mad Mod got that Alina didn't know how to sew.

Allison Brinker smiled at Alina. "Hi, Alina. I'm Doctor Brinker. I'm interested in what you would like to talk to me about regarding your life before you came here. I know it may be painful to talk about, and you can be as open with me as you wish. Technically, I can't speak to you without an adult present, and since the people who had you before now are suspected of abuse by Dr. Quincy, Professor Xavier will serve as pseudo guardian, unless you would rather Dr Quincy serve in that role. Feel free to speak your thoughts and desire directly to the Professor. He's also the Dean of Superhero High.

Last edited:
Alina blushed embarrassed at her lack of knowledge of geography and the accent she was hearing, let alone the term down under, or 'unda'.
"heh, sorry. I am Alina, or umm, Project Light Cage, PLC I guess for short. But I prefer Alina. Nice to meet you, umm Crystal is a very nice name, pretty."

-------------------------

The trio produced a series of paperwork, and everything seemed to be in order, under special initiative they have been given permission.
"Listen, we don't need to enter the school, you simply bring her out here and can even have a guard with her. And you can see that she will want to come with us once she sees us, we just need to speak with her." He claimed.

Alina smiled and nodded shyly at Doctor Brinker.
"Oh umm, I think uhh, Professor Xavier will be okay, I don't really know anyone here better than anyone else." She shrugged.
"As for what happened before here, I do not mind talking about it, but what sort of stuff should I talk about? My lessons? The experiments? my room? meals? Training? Tests?" She asked listing things on her fingers as she listed them.
"Almost everything there was different than here."

Crystal "Sheila Lasso" Brisbane would also want to talk to Charles about Alina's lack of understanding simple phrases that anyone else her age should and wondered what sort of "jackanape" would keep anyone from learning that. Although she didn't say anything to Alina, as she thought quite well of "th' new gal", who in their right mind would even consider "Project Light Cage" a good idea, and wondered what kinda "blinkin' moron" came up with that. All she actually said to Alina, "Aww, luv, that ain't no kinda hero name. No wonder ya don't care for it. That's gotta go. Let's get together an' brainstorm a bonzer one, aye?"

Cover Girl glared at who clearly was the mouthpiece. "What did I just say? She's in a session with a police counselor. Since this is supposed to be from Metropolis PD, you know who that is. You never answered my questions. The girl in question's name, age, and likes and dislikes. If you can't answer those simple questions that a good guardian should know, we'll talk to the people here. If you have a problem with me, I suggest you take it up with GI Joe HQ and General Hawk. You will learn very quickly, that we are well within our legal rights to protect her against any threat to her and that the very same President is also the person in charge of General Hawk, and even he won't go against as strong a case of abuse as found by Dr. Quincy. All that information has already been forwarded to Hawk, who would, by now, have forwarded it to his Commander in Chief." Cover Girl wasn't pulling punches either.

Allison Brinker could barely keep up as she typed as Alina rattled ideas off. "You said what?!" She gasped before composing herself just as quickly. Taking a deep breath, Dr. Brinker said, slowly, more out of concern if she had heard right. "Let's start with experiments," she glanced at Charles Xavier's raised eyebrow, but was already ahead of the game, so to speak. "After you explain how things are different here at the school as compared to with them."

Alina looked at Crystal with a blank stare for a moment before she gave a soft chuckle and responded with the only phrase that came to mind.
"hehe, what?"

---------------

"hah..." The man sighed turning and whispering something to the other two before they replied.
"Alright, we want to speak to whom-ever is in charge here, we are in the process of a very important job here and this girl is very important to that, we can contact a force to take her but I would rather not do that. Perhaps we can find some sort of agreement?" He declared.

Alina seemed to think for a moment. "Well, okay before experiments, things that are different... Well, basically everything, the people, the clothes, the layout, the rules. Like it was very strict where I was before, and I think I was the only umm, student, there. Everyone wore white lab coats unless they were a part of a test or experiment. And there were no windows everything was white walls. My room had a bed with sheets but not much else, oh a table to read at as well. I always ate at certain times but they gave me these bar things that didn't taste great, they called them meal bars." She paused for another moment in thought.
"I can't think of more differences now, but if you mention an aspect of this place there was probably different." She said a finger in the air.

"Right so, the experiments, there were so many different ones, more often than not I would be on a table with my arms and legs bound, they would try to put drills or lasers, or whatever else into my arms or legs but nothing ever worked. Sometimes they would use gas to knock me out but that eventually stopped working too. Umm, there was other stuff too, do you want me to like list it all or?" She asked rubbing her arm and looking down at the ground.

Cover Girl closed her eyes, and took a deep breath as she secretly contacted Charles. Sir. I have tried twice, nicely, and it is recorded as all gate conversations are. To get these people to give me a straight answer regarding our guest's name, age and likes and dislikes since they claim she's theirs. One man, who appears to be the mouthpiece, has done all the talking. What has been done so far is being sent to your computer so you will have the tape and this final nice attempt. I've only called you. I'm new at this psy-link stuff. I don't know how to link anyone else. If you want other witnesses, I'm afraid you'll have to contact them and hook them in.

By now, Quincy had told Logan pretty much everything they knew, with Jean present to keep him from going off.

After reopening her eyes, Courtney Krieger said as calmly as she could. "By ignoring my request for good guardian proof two times, you have already shown you don't give a damn about her. The girl has a name and age. She also has likes and dislikes. All you have done is demand and ignored my simple request. I legally don't have to give you a third chance, you've already blown it, but I'm willing to foot the fact I may not have been clear. The girl, as you have only called her, has a name and age. What are they? I also want proof you actually care about her. Her likes and dislikes. Now. Her full legal name."

Meanwhile, Brinker really didn't need to hear any more. "Actually... Alina..." She sent her information to the precinct, which already made those who had gone over her head regret that decision. The evidence was overwhelming. Brinker also sent the information to the Bat-Computer (which also had the current recording with the three at the front gate), Prosecution Office and the Watchtower. "You've told me more than enough already to have federal felony charges brought against these so-called scientists. This is inhumane, not counting the fact their tests have utterly failed." She faced Charles. "I don't think I need to tell you that these are the type to try every dirty trick in the book to try to get their hands on Alina, but everyone with super abilities including intelligence. Just what she said is damning and breaks several ethical laws. This is beyond abuse and borders on torture. There are even countries that hurt their own citizens that wouldn't tolerate this. The Bat-Computer and Watchtower have copies. They are unhackable by even the CIA and FBI standards. This evidence is safe behind their firewalls. I'm going to recommend you become her guardian, which is all I can do. Don't let her out of your sight." She turned to Alina, getting down eye level with her. "Sweetheart, I'm sorry, I'll have to talk to you some more, but not right now. Are there any, ANY students you feel you can trust?" If Alina couldn't, Charles would know of three, one being Ivy. Jean and Sheila Lasso, who Alina learned was really named Crystal, would round out the ones he'd have immediate knowledge of.

"I can't believe this, there is no time fo-" The man started to speak when one of the women stepped forward.

"She has no legal name, she is listed under the sentient bioweapons act and confirmed by the US government and UN by special admission given certain threats we are trying to protect from. The name given to her was Project Light Cage as I am sure she has told you, though she may have also called herself Alina." She spoke with more passion than the man had, who spoke like he was reading off facts.

"Alina? that was not approved," He said looking at her.

"Shh" She shushed him.
"She likes reading and dislikes being startled, she is sixteen and unfortunately not much was done in exploration of her personality. But I assure you, we are not the bad guys you likely see us as." She explained taking a breath.
"Everything this man said was accurate, we have special orders and permissions to retrieve that girl to finish what we started, to protect everyone. But maybe if we sit down and talk, instead of spouting facts at each other, we can actually help each other, and maybe even Alina too" She asked.

"Otherwise we will call in re-enforcements to take PLC by force." The man added.

------------

Charles meanwhile could not believe what he had heard, according to these people the government allowed them to keep this girl locked up? Was it because she was a mutant, he thought they had advanced beyond this.
It is okay, the recording and our recognition should be fine, we have a lot to discuss.

"R-really? Oh umm, wow. Okay.. I umm, I don't really know many people yet. There was Ivy, and umm, Crystal, umm I think that is it, sorry I met a bunch of new people today and, umm it's a lot with everything." She admitted.
"I am a little overwhelmed."

Last edited:
Brinker nodded slowly. "Crystal, Crystal.... There's like three Crystals. Which one. Do you know her hero name or what accent she has?" She looked dead at Ivy. "You're hosting a slumber party, young lady. Today is Friday. It's all weekend. I suggest you get your dorm ready. You're excused for now." She turned back to Alina. "Slumber party is a bit of fun. You probably haven't been to one before, and I think you'll enjoy yourself and get to know everyone at it a little more." She said with a smile. "I'm sorry you're overwhelmed. We don't really want that, but this is what people who really care about you do naturally. It's hard to explain it." She turned again to Charles. "What's the limit of people allowed in a dorm room?"

"Six to twelve. Ivy's is fairly good size so eight could be comfortable without being crowded."

Brinker nodded. "They need a chaperone. Lucky girl. I haven't been to a sleepover, the other term used for a slumber party, in a blue moon." If the counselor doesn't watch her step, she'll end up being said chaperone.

Cover Girl was about to lower her gun when the one woman spoke up. Again there was a question directed to the lone man. "Everyone deserves a name. Everyone has a name. Why would Alina not be approved? What are you people, and why hasn't even GI Joe heard of you or this "research" before now?" A phone ringing interrupted whatever other questions she may want to ask.

CG: Hello, Superhero High Guard Gate, how may I direct your call?

Caller: Soldier. This is your commander in chief. Your report just came across my desk.

CG: Mister President, Sir! *Salutes*

Lex Luthor: At ease soldier. Are the scientists there still?

CG: Yes sir.

Luthor: Put me on speaker, soldier.

CG: Yes, sir. Just a moment.

Charles would be privy to the first part of the call, due to the psy-link, and anyone else Charles added, like Quincy, Storm and others.

Lex's voice came across clearly that there would be no mistaken his temper was up. "What was the number one rule, folks, when I authorized the "sentient bioweapons act"? I do believe I asked for you to abide by the Geneva Convention laws, did I not? You have clearly broken those. I didn't demand results, I said learn what you can. This... Project Light Cage... Who thought that up? These are sentients with feelings and emotions. And so help me, if you're threatening GI Joe, which is another government run task force, that is just doing it's job to protect also, I'll pull funding from you so fast it'll make your heads spin. Now... I see only one way to resolve this, since you haven't gotten any progress lately. Soldier. What's your codename? I know I'm not speaking to Hawk."

"Cover Girl. Sentry and Covert Ops, sir." Cover Girl answered saluting.

"Glorified MP, then. Good. Good. You are a perfect witness. I'm giving this project, which seems to prefer the name Alina, to the school and am putting you, personally, in charge of her well being. The school has..." A pause, as it seemed Lex was checking something, like a calendar. "Let's see, it's October... July. The school has until July for me to see results that this is not a threat. That's what the act is for. To check for potential threats to public safety. I see that Amanda Fuller is still principal. Is that true?"

"No sir, it's Charles Xavier. He's considered Dean of students. Fuller left after graduation. Unknown whereabouts."

"Dean. Of students. Already sounds promising. Same number?"

"To my understanding, sir. What am I to do with these three?"

"Who was doing the threatening, soldier?"

"The man. And the threats have been 'by force' but by whom is unclear."

"Any of them helpful with what you requested?"

Cover Girl would let the woman answer for herself.

"Oh! yes, she said it was because she was, from down unda" She said mimicking the accent.
"Oh! but not like underground, it was like south, I think it started with an A" She replied forgetting what the place was called.

"Umm, eight? I don't even think I have met that many" Alina asked seeming nervous.

"Excellent Dr.Brinker, I am glad you volunteered you will make an excellent chaperone" Charles told her with a smile.

-------------------------------

He was going to reply when he heard Lex's voice.
"Mr. Presedent, we followed all the rules of the convention, since you proclaimed that upon the start of your presidency. The PLC is for the other project, we did not inform you of this aspect yet as you asked to not be bothered until a solution was ready. But believe me, the issue we discussed. The Red threat... this is the only solution we have." He answered. Lex would recognize this as a threat that was declared as one that could potentially affect the whole world, though at the time he was in the middle of an election and the process had been started long before his presidency. He had simply looked at it as a precautionary measure to protect the earth, if he were to look at the original files that were processed for the group it would be hard to find when it started exactly, this, "Red Threat" seems to go back further then he could immediately access, he would need to dig deeper. But he also now realized who these people were, they were in fact knew they were in charge of removing the world threat apparently checked and confirmed by previous presidents. Though before him, they had waved all rights and limits when it came to the Red Threat project to help them proceed without delay.

"Mr. President sir, I umm, I think that would be me." The woman answered.
"I do agree that Alina should have been treated better, we will all surely find our own karma. However, these men and our predecessors have been working on a solution to this threat for generations. Alina may finally have an answer for us. Perhaps Xavier and his school could assist us, maybe find a solution faster. They are much more experienced with mutants and their powers than we are. Perhaps if they can learn of the threat we are fighting will let them understand better why we did what we did, and what we need to accomplish." She asked.

Lex then asked a pointed question which was rhetorical as there really was only one correct answer, and even he knew it. "This girl is SENTIENT, meaning she's aware and has emotions and feelings, correct? What other projects are there?"

He processed what was told. "The Red threat from a little girl exhibiting light refraction and defensive abilities? How is that a viable threat to everyone? You were supposed to be looking for things like super strength. The only thing you have proven in how long?" Another rhetorical question. "Give Charles Xavier a chance. Just him. Let's see what he can find in nine months. That's basically a school year. What is your name, miss?" She had found some favor. After getting her name, the President said calmly, so everyone got the message. "Cover Girl. I want a full weekly report sent to me every week. Without fail. I have put you in charge of her well being. Xavier has nine months to show any kind of progress, which I will also inform him, they had a lot of time, by themselves, perhaps an education will trigger something, and let's all hope, beneficial to all parties. I'll will keep working under advisement working together, but for the next nine months don't harass the students, faculty or anyone involved, or I'll let GI Joe do to YOU, what they did to COBRA a few months back. That terrorist organization may never recover. Am I clear? Joe. Same applies to you. If they leave you alone for nine months... You leave them alone."

Cover Girl sighed. "Understood, sir. They leave us alone. We leave them alone. Nine months, sir." A glare at the man that definitely said he wouldn't be allowed back for nine months. "Understood, on behalf of the Joes, sir. I'll pass it along." That ended any chance of spying on the scientists. "Good. Have General Hawk call me tomorrow morning. I'm going to call your Dean of Students, and explain the situation to him. Are there other Sentry agents present?"

"Yes, sir. Bulls Eye, Spirit, and the archer woman. I believe her codename is Knightdale or Knightgale. She's a new recruit."

Lex sighed. "Learn your teammates names! That's a direct order, sergeant! Is THAT clear?!" Everyone. The scientists, the other guard, those in the psy-link. Heard the president reprimand Cover Girl, and she was cognizant of that fact by her blush.

"Yes, sir. Sorry, sir."

"Report to your new post, soldier. The one I personally gave you." Lex ordered next before hanging up and calling Charles. He announced who he was before explaining enough of what was expected. Even if it finally ended up being possible threat, instead of not finding anything, would be acceptable. Charles job would be mostly to educate her at least to a high school level as well as test her through more humane means than she'd been subjected to. He then asked to be kept up to date, explaining that all information was to be turned over to her guard, Cover Girl. Charles was to email Alina's class schedule and classes and teachers as soon as it was completed to him (the President).

Cover Girl would meekly arrive, just as the meeting on how to go about the task they'd been given, was about to start. "I'm in charge of Alina, as she's known by us, under Presidential orders. Where is she and how should I be stationed?" She noticed Batman's glare. "Spirit and Knightengale have relieved me of guarding the gate. Bull's Eye is patrolling." Batman just glowered, but at least he acted satisfied with Cover Girl's explanation.

"The PLC is the only current project that is underway regarding the Red Threat, if it is halted or stopped we are currently out of options to handle it. That is why it is so imperative that we get her back or at the very least continue work with her to achieve a resolution to the Red Threat." The man replied.

"What he means is, Alina, who we are aware is a living breathing feeling person, and we did care for her, all her physical needs were met and we did some effort in her mental needs as well. We were not perfect but there are children out there in a lot worse scenarios than how she was. But they and if our information is correct about the Red Threat then if things do go bad with it and we don't have our plan in motion, hundreds, thousands or even millions of people could be killed." She tried to add as Lex was processing.
"My name is Amber, I am, I am one of the many people working to solve the Red Threat issue, and no, she is not a threat, she is the solution."

She paused to think for a moment after initially hearing about his proposition.
"Perhaps I could stay at the school as well, if Xavier is going to be looking for information who better to help look than someone who has spent the last sixteen years working with her. You can even ask her, for some reason we had a rule against her knowing our names but clearly someone had a lot of bad ideas. Besides a familiar face might be good for the transition." She offered with a hopeful look.
"Plus if my non-disclosure agreement does not apply to the professor, perhaps knowing what we are up against he might be able to think of some other options and Alina could be freed from her burden. I could tell him everything we think we know about the Red Threat." Amber added.

Charles had to think long and hard about how he would go about getting Alina caught up and helping her master her abilities, as for the information he was supposed to gather he would delegate that to Beast. As science was more his area of expertise. Perhaps their knowledge of mutants would give them an edge. But of course, that came second to her safety, mental health, and comfort. Though he was curious about this Red Threat they kept mentioning, if it was agreed to allow the female scientist entrance then maybe they would learn about it, he could sense that Logan and Batman were both curious as well. Though perhaps for different reasons, Logan may see it as another trapped mutant, but Batman may see it for the potential threat they claim it might be. As well as being frustrated on how something like this managed to stay below his radar before now.

Cover Girl was sent to the girls' dorms, and specifically, Ivy's room, where the gathering was to take place. Ivy had only seen camaraderie among Alina and a few others, mostly among the younger set, although she thought Alina and Jean had hit it off. Fact was, Jean and her were the only two seniors! Sheila Lasso was a junior, Kitty a sophomore. They were invited. She showed the list to Alina. "I saw you getting along with these two in PE, and you got partnered with Sheila Lasso in Botany. Anyone else you want to invite that maybe you saw at lunch?" Diana (Wonder Woman) had been discharged just before lunch and did nod to Alina with a smile, although she did still look a bit weakened.

Having just emailed the President, the class schedule, Charles sent Jean off to the sleepover, she arrived as Cover Girl did. "CG! Who? What? Why are you here?"

The Joe just sighed.

"Ouch. Denmother, by Presidential order." Jean shook her head. "Well, if we don't have eight, you could always join the festivities." She added a reassuring smile.

A even more dejected sigh with an eye roll. "Right, right. I'll tell her to see you real quick." Jean nodded, giving the okay sign.

Jean handed Alina her schedule and said, "Um. Your acting mom is out front and what's to see you for a minute."

Pre-Algebra: Braniac 5
World History: Henry Jones Jr.
Physical Education A: Wildcat with Black Canary
Lunch
Sewing 101: Crazy Quilt
English: Molly the Flower Girl
Geography:Flash Jay Garrick
Health and Nutrition: Dr. Emilia Quincy MD

Last edited:
Alina paused for a moment as she as asked who else she might want over.
"I umm, I don't know... do we need to have eight? that seems like a lot of people to be around all the time" She asked nervously rubbing her hands together.

She turned and looked as Jean handed her the schedule and told her to go see her acting mom.
"Oh umm, okay, I'll go right away." She turned and walked to go find her.

"Hey, you wanted to see me?"

Back
Top Bottom