Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Student at Superhero High (KiraMusani x Frozen Princess)

Alina let out a light sigh.
"I umm, I'll try if I have to. And umm, y-yeah actually, could I have a set of utensils? like you know, fork, knife, spoon, all like metal"

Cover Girl had just about opened the bathroom door, but then took her hand away from the knob. She grimaced. "That's out of my hands, unfortunately. You'll have to talk to Dr. Brinker about that. I do know you need a complete psychiatric examination before you're allowed metal utensils. Sweetie, you just went through severe mental and emotional trauma... I don't think even GI Joe can jump that red tape hurdle and just give you those. Brinker is sure to be around at breakfast, talk to her about an appointment for that evaluation. Okay? I'm really sorry, but I know that's out of my hands completely and can't be circumnavigated without clearance from Brinker. There's several students here who can't have them, and two I'm sure are on the edge because of how they're acting." Cover Girl sounded hurt she couldn't fullfil that request for Alina. "And you'll try what? I want to make sure I'm on the same page."

Alina paused before responding.
"Oh... umm try and go to breakfast first, and umm okay. Have a good night..." Alina replied, her disappointment could be heard clearly in her voice.
If Cover Girl didn't say or ask anything else she could hang up and place the phone down before sitting in her sleeping area.
"haaa..." She let out a sigh as she delved deep into thought.

"Okay. Then I hope I'll see you at breakfast in the morning." Cover Girl said calmly. "And I know you're disappointed. I am too, just because I won't be able to meet your need. Don't forget to tell your friends where you're going so they don't wonder what happened to you. Pleasant dreams, hon." Courtney hit end call, opened the door a crack, but sat back down on the toilet lid and rubbed her face. Anyone could see her broken heart through her body language. She, too, let out a discouraged sigh.

Jean was the one to pick up on Alina's disappointment through both being an empath and reading body language. She sat up from her lain position. "You okay Alina?"

Ivy and Brinker both looked over out of concern from the way Jean asked the question.

"Hmm? Oh I umm.." She paused for a moment looking at Jean than the others who were looking at her.
"Oh, I asked if I could have metal utensils to use. sometimes the plastic ones break when my barrier blocks the food... But umm Brinker needs to okay it." She said looking over toward the doctor.
"Also, I kind of was hoping we could go walk outside?"

Brinker just blinked. "Oh. Right, the safety rules. Guess I'm working tomorrow. I would have anyway at the precinct. Want to do the evaluation right after breakfast, so it's over with? I'll have to talk to Quincy and Charles, but I'm pretty sure you might have them by dinner. I just wouldn't count on lunch."

"Saturdays lunches are usually sandwiches, chips or fries, and a drink. Desserts are cookies more often than not. She won't need utensils for lunch." Ivy offered. "That reminds me. I need to feed Seymour tomorrow morning."

Brinker blinked. "Seymour?"

"My Venus flytrap in my greenhouse. I named him after the hero in Little Shop of Horrors I named the female after that character on WKRP in Cincinnati." Ivy explained.

Jean, instead of reading Ivy's mind, and seeing it was Bailey (Jan Smithers) gasped with, "Ivy! No wonder they're having second thoughts on letting YOU have silverware! You named it Venus Flytrap?!"

Now would be a great time for Kitty to tease Jean... Brother, did she leave herself wide open! Besides, Ivy was laughing too hard to correct Jean.

Brinker shook her head, chuckling. "Sounds like this whole party needs some fresh air. Let me check with Charles." She called, and explained the situation and what just happened. It was okayed quickly, because even Charles couldn't believe that came from Jean's mouth. She was instructed to keep everyone quiet, and on property, but a walk would at least fix JEAN'S addled brain. Everyone was to go back to their own rooms after the walk and Brinker was to bunk with Quincy. "It's been okayed with a caveat." Brinker said, hitting end call. "The sleepover is over once we return here. Everyone goes to their own rooms, Jean and Kitty, and I'm to stay with you to keep from someone falling behind or getting too far ahead... Crystal."

"Curses! Foiled again!" Crystal said grinning.

Shortly, Cover Girl came out of the bathroom. "Wow." She said shaking her head, disappointment even present in her walk. She sat on her bed and stared at the ceiling for a few minutes.

Alina nodded at the rules, that was not too bad, at least she would likely have them by tomorrow.

Kitty couldn't help but giggle and place a hand on Jean's arm, giving her a look that said it all to her, though Kitty herself would not say a word, her expression, and thoughts at that moment would smack Jean like a ton of bricks on her slip.

Once outside, and with everyone else seeming to have paired up, and Crystal mostly exploring on her own as much as she was allowed, Alina stayed beside Ivy. Alina would look around at everything, the sky the ground, over toward the walls that surrounded the campus. As they passed through the garden area, with various hedges made to look like animals Alina took Ivy's arm in her hand.
"So can you like, make stuff like that? or like understand them and stuff?" She asked still looking at the world in amazement like it was her first time seeing the outdoors.

As Kitty gripped her arm and looked at her, Jean met her eyes with Kitty's. She rolled her eyes moreso at herself. "Right. Jennifer or Bailey would've made more sense. And more in character with Ivy. But, there was a character, a DJ, named Venus Flytrap. I forget who plays him, but it's on MeTV." She then stole a kiss on the lips. "And love you more." Apparently, Kitty had started that with the classic I love you, but... routine.

It seemed Brinker had to keep an eye on Crystal and call her to catch up, almost like a dog, more than once Brinker even threatened Crystal with getting out her leash. Jean chuckled and ribbed Kitty, because with their shared psy-link, Kitty might have even thought that Crystal was acting more like an Australian Silky Terrier than a human, so deserved the leash threats.

Ivy ignored all the others and focused on Alina. As they passed the topiary garden, Ivy nodded and shook her head. "I get the vines' permission before using them as lassos and stuff, so yeah I can do things like that. I also understand some of those plants are in pain. They either didn't want to be put in any shape, or they were put in the wrong shape. For example, that elephant," she pointed to one of two trees shaped like an elephant, "wanted to be a deer, while the other," she pointed to the other tree, "wanted to be left alone." She looked around and pointed to a sickly looking, malnourished 'dog'. "That one wanted to be a cat or a fox to go with it's thin build. Instead, the landscaper just went what they wanted and what looked good for the rest of the landscaping." A shrug. "Some are happy with their shapes. Others didn't want to be bothered or trimmed and others are unhappy with their shapes. I'm kinda like Jean, I guess, except for plants and not humans." She then glanced at Alina. "Haven't you ever been outdoors before?"

Alina looked at her and hung on every word, she was fascinated by her powers, she had actually met some psychics before but never someone like Ivy. Why was she so fascinated by her specifically, there were plenty of others with interesting powers, perhaps it was just that she was more familiar with her than the others?

She shook her head in response.
"No, I mean, not really, there were a few times while being transported, but I was usually pretty drugged up back when they could drug me. And why don't they just let you be the gardener, that way you can make all the plants happy?" She asked kneeling down by one of the plants.
"I feel so disconnected from everything, it must be amazing to be able to know and feel so much. Do your powers ever hurt you? or is there anything you would change if you could?"

Ivy sighed. "I wish there was something one of the empaths could do for you. I personally won't have anything to do with the mystic arts, but I have to wonder if Zatanna, her dad Zatara, or Dr. Strange couldn't help." She smiled as she watched the tiger Lily actually rub against Alina. "That isn't me doing that, but that's interesting..." She chirped, getting the attention of Jean and Dr. Brinker. "Can you feel that? I know it's a flower doing that, but..." She couldn't have been doing it as she was standing there looking on in awe. "That's one of the toughest plants to get to like you, unless you planted it yourself." The particular one that was doing that was planted by Kitty.

Jean did a double take. "Kitty. Don't get jealous, but I think your tiger Lily likes someone else too. Isn't that the one that had a problem with Principal Fuller?"

Ivy nodded. "That's what I was thinking. I could swear that plant shied away from her. "Brinker bent down next to Alina and sniffed it's aroma, gently lifting it as if scratching under it's chin. "Did you ever name it? Even if it was after yourself?" Even though it was getting attention, it seemed to want some from it's "owner" as well. It actually turned towards Kitty!

Ivy shook her head as Brinker looked at her. "I swear. I'm not doing anything! Some plants respond like that. By the way, doc... It liked having it's sepal caressed. Just not too hard."

Brinker nodded and got back up. "Hate to say it girls, but after Kitty gives it some attention, we need to start heading back."

Alina nodded at Ivy. "I don't know, they brought in some magic users, not to the extent of them I am sure, but they said that even that was somehow blocked by my ability, remember they had me for, well, as long as I can remember. So they have tried a lot of things." She replied before looking at the flower.
"I mean, I am aware of it, but can't feel any warmth or texture or anything like that. I can tell that it is brittle and I need to be careful but not much beyond that." She replied looking at it and gently rubbing a finger on it.

Kitty shook her head.
"I am working on a name, but I don't want to give it a name it does not like. Ivy, do you know if it has a preference? And no not jealous, actually happy that it is happy enough to show affection toward others." She crossed her arms before going in and gently rubbing where Ivy had said.

Ivy shrugged. "Let's ask it." To the tiger Lily she said, "what kind of name would you like? Huh?" She looked puzzled at both Jean and Kitty, blinked a few times, and straightened up, allowing Kitty to give it some attention. She had frowned as Alina had explained how magic was blocked, empaths were blocked because Jean had actually accidentally thought she triggered the block by probing and Charles couldn't get through either. Not being able to feel was actually unnerving to Ivy as it somehow seemed unnatural. "Are you absolutely sure? To us humans, that's the ultimate insult." She said addressing the plant, which seemed to nod.

Ivy held up a forefinger to Alina and pulled Kitty to the side, and whispered for her ears only. "Unnamed." She pulled away and whispered, "You heard me ask if it was sure and it nodded. To me, unnamed isn't a name, but that's what it would prefer. It'll understand if no one will want to use it except it's planter... So. There you go."

She then said, "It's your choice, I don't dare ask it what a second choice would be. Tiger lilies are about as finicky as cats." She then turned to Alina. "I don't understand why your barrier is blocking normal things like touch and sensation. It's a normal part of experience."

Brinker stopped Ivy. "Even though we haven't had said meeting yet, you're treading dangerous territory and dangerously close to asking Alina to break doctor/patient confidentiality. She can divulge if she wants to, as that's a statement, and parallels a question I'll have to ask, regardless of rather she answers you or not." Brinker then smiled, "it's your choice, Alina, if you even understand, why you can't, but she's only a friend and not a professional counselor." She then reiterated, "You can finally choose who among friends knows what about you. I'll explain more at our meeting after breakfast tomorrow."

Kitty seemed confused when she heard her reaction to the plant and happily moved with her for the whisper.
"Oh? well of course that is fine. We can't expect a plant to have the same expectations as us humans, heck perhaps some animals also prefer to be nameless. If it wants to be without a name, then I will not force one on it." Kitty replied moving back down for a final gentle rub.

Alina was fine with Ivy leaving to whisper to kitty and soon learn the nature of their conversation through Kitty's reply. Though seemed relieved as Ivy returned to her. As Ivy asked her question and Alina took a moment to think she looked to Brinker as she spoke up.
"Oh, well umm, I don't really mind in this case. The truth is, I have no idea, that was one of the things the scientists were trying to discover, it was not always the case but the older I got the more, excessively protective it seemed. Though when I was younger I could feel touch but not pain, I don't really remember it, I vaguely remember the warmth and soft texture of stuff but it was so long ago now... I know they are out there and real, and the words for them, but that is about it." She tried to explain.

"Am... am I really missing out on something big? I mean, it's not like I am deaf or blind, does not being able to feel touch disable me in some way?" She asked seeming a little worried.

Ivy looked about ready to go on a warpath as her expressions didn't seem to be satisfied with any look. Annoyed could be seen definitely, as well as frustrated, pity for Alina, confusion and "shocked Pikachu face" also took turns ruling Ivy's face. Finally, as even Jean was running the gamut of expressions, both sighed exasperated and quipped, "I can't even!"

Neither 'jinxed' the other into owing someone a soda, which was a common theme at Superhero High, as Jean immediately contacted, Charles with the latest bombshell, and was actually unsure if Dr. Quincy should know. It was redundant, but of course Quincy should be told, but as Jean explained it, having been able to feel, but can't now? Would Charles even be able to grasp it? How could it be explained to Quincy without confusing HER?!

Ivy meanwhile, gathered her wits about her and said calmly, "Not to be able to sense touch? I mean, to me it helps experience life, love, and other mysteries. You're other senses have also been affected. Smell, taste. I mean damn. If you're broke, those so called scientists did it!"

Jean wrinkled her nose and said it aloud, "Call ya back, Charles... Woof! Ivy! Pleasant thoughts! Calm down!"

Brinker gagged and Crystal covered her nose with a kerchief. "Dang Ivy! Yer smellin' a bit! The cat forgot to cover her shit, this time."

"Oof," Brinker moaned, "Welcome to the Crown Imperial garden. Wow. Ivy, pleasant thoughts, happy thoughts, please!"

Alina looked at Ivy with at first a confused look, not sure what kind of reaction she was having. She was not great at reading people in general, and not a lot of practice, and the mix match she was having threw her off even more.

Kitty placed her hands over her mouth before taking Jean's hand in hers. She also had a hard time wrapping her head around what that would be like. No cold, no warmth, no feeling, unable to feel Jean's touch.

"Oh god Ivy! that stinks!" Kitty released Jean and covered her nose.

Alina looked at the others and then at Ivy before sniffing the air around her.
"Oh, that is a little stinky, but you all seem to be reacting a little much."
She placed a hand on Ivy's back.
"Umm, there there, it is okay, I am used to it"

Last edited:
Ivy at least, went more downcast, which although was not as skunky as Crown Imperial, was bad enough. The best description for it was a dying garden. Lights were starting to come on all around the dorm building, but only on the first floor, with a few second floor windows."There's got to be a way to get you to feel, I mean sense with your fingers..." She shook her head.

Jean put a loving arm around Kitty and gave her a reassuring squeeze, while also trying to get her other friend some solace. "I definitely can understand what you're going through. I can't wrap my head around Alina's plight either. It's definitely upsetting, but the best way to help her right now is to think relaxing thoughts. You have every right to be incensed about this, but now is not the time. You're starting to wake everyone up. I'm pretty sure even roses would be a nice alternative right now.

They happened to be near the matrons'room and one of it's few windows and Cover Girl had quickly dressed and came outside with a broom, thinking it had been a skunk. Seeing the congregation of ladies, she lowered the broom. "Who didn't shower? Someone smells like a garden of Crown Imperials, or a den of skunks, one!"

Ivy tittered, albeit sadly, and the rain kissed flower garden started to emerge, although not strong enough yet to counter the other smells completely.

Jean couldn't help herself, smiling while still hugging Kitty from the side. "See, ivy, I told ya ya needed to calm down... You got Mama Bear up. And with a broom, yet."

Cover Girl just looked at Jean. "Don't start." Then to everyone else. "Break it up girls. It's way past curfew. Get to your dorms. Hustle."

Crystal decided to try to lighten everyone up by, well, doing "The Hustle", while dooting the melody of the classic Disco song. But of course, she started off with the call "Do The Hustle!"

Brinker grinned as Cover Girl got on her. "You of all people should know better, doctor."

Brinker playfully tapped her cheek. "And you need to lighten up, too, GI Mom."

Cover Girl rolled her eyes as even Jean, elbowing Kitty, said, "Do the Hustle with me?" She started dancing back in as Crystal could still be heard doing the melody.

(The Hustle can be found on YouTube to hear what Crystal is "singing")

Alina wasn't sure what else to do, she wanted to help her new friend with the stress that she seemed to have caused. She could also tell her barrier was doing its thing since she was the closest to Ivy and seemed to be affected the least, including the people inside the building.

Kitty rolled her eyes as well but joined Jean in the Hustle.
"This is so silly"

Alina looked at the others dancing and simply looked at them, staying by Ivy and whispering to her.
"What is wrong with them? are they being possessed? or mind controled?"

Jean nodded and laughed as she got into moving like she was at a discotheque, "Oh, Kitty, Disco WAS silly!" And yet, she was really getting her groove on like it was 45 years ago. "That's the fun of it!"

Cover Girl put her arm (meaning broom) against her right shoulder as the doctor lagged watching the two remaining girls.

Ivy had a soft sad smile and shook her head, "No, it's not mind control, Sheila Lasso doesn't have that power, though her choice of music and that genre did seem to possess an entire generation of Xer's back in the 70s. Groups like Diana Ross and the Supremes, The BeeGees, songs like what they're doing, which ironically IS called "The Hustle". It's... Complicated." She glanced at Cover Girl like it was somehow her fault that three of her friends were now acting weird, with Crystal being a DJ spinning disco songs, especially when she finished The Hustle, and went straight to Stayin' Alive. Pouty Ivy, taking Alina's hand and headed in, looking right at Cover Girl like it was her fault. "Thanks. Crystal's dorm is by me. I'm probably going to be hear her singing Disco all night."

"She'll settle or get written up for disturbing the peace." Cover Girl countered, giving Alina a wink and telling Dr. Brinker. "I've got them, you get to your designated dorm yourself. Good night, Doctor Brinker."

(Start breakfast for me?)

Alina and the others made their way into their dorm rooms, presumably going to sleep. However, Alina waited, she let a few hours pass before walking out of her room and taking a break to get outside via the route they had just used to take a walk around.
But as she ran Cover Girl happened to be up, her mind too filled to get to sleep, and spotted her running and immediately ran out to give chase, using her knowledge of the halls to cut her off before the exit.

"Alina stop!"
She called out toward her getting Alina to do just that, preventing them from colliding.

Cover Girl shook her head. "Alina. Where do you think you're running to? I thought you were hitting it off, and I was all set to let you stay in your room after your meeting with Allison Brinker." She shook her head. "Talk to me. What were you thinking? I still want to give you a chance, although I will still have to report this to Charles. Come on, there's someone I think you know back in my dorm." She held onto Alina, but just enough for Alina to realize she's in trouble. She called out, "Amber, if you're still up, can you please get the door for me?"

Alina looked down as Cover Girl questioned her, staying silent at first but started to reply as they made their way toward her dorm.
"I... I escaped that lab because I felt trapped, and although this place is nicer... It is still a prison, I am not free" She admitted before they entered Cover Girl's dorm.
Amber came out of the other room as she was called for.

"Yes, what can I... Alina?" She stopped in shock as she saw her, not having expected to see her so soon.
"wh-what? Science lady? I.. what are... you... then.. I never escaped..." Alina said out loud her face looking confused and crushed.
"Wait Alina, Think! She said my name was Amber!" She called out as Alina pulled free from Cover Girls's grasp, Cover Girl felt like as Alina pulled away she suddenly lost all grip on her like she had been made of glass. But she stopped at the door at Ambers call out.

"Y-Your name is really Amber? Promise?" She asked looking back.
"Yes, I promise, and this place is not the lab, it's not even the same people. These people want to help you more than anything else. So please, I know it feels like a prison now, but after this is all done, I am sure these people will let you out at your leisure." She said before looking to Cover Girl.

Cover Girl nodded along with what Amber was saying. She sat on the couch and was below eye level with Alina, looking up to her and holding her hands. "If you don't give the school a chance how do you think Jean, Ivy and Crystal will feel? And Kitty is in your grade, won't you be sharing classes with her?" Courtney didn't know that they were going to have Wildcat, Dr. Jones and a few others in common. She didn't know that Kitty had already seen the schedule and commented about the common times for some of the classes. "I know we're asking a lot to trust us, but you do trust Amber, right? And what about me? Can you trust me not to steer you wrong?"

Alina paused looking at both the women in the room.
"I... I don't trust anyone, not really... b-but I'll stay, a little longer." She turned to look at Amber now, who seemed saddened by her statement of no trust.
"I, I didn't think I would see you again, sci- Amber..." She admitted as Amber looked up at her again.
"For a while there I thought the same, but I stuck a deal with these fine people, let you stay here and have a much more normal life, or closer to normal at least, but continue our research, in less restrictive ways. Plus, I got to stay here, with you." She smiled, causing Alina to walk over and hug her.

"I'm sorry, th- when I escaped, they-"

"Shhh, I know and it's okay, I know you didn't do it on purpose, I know if you could have you would have saved them."
Amber gave her a light squeeze, though Alina didn't seem to notice.
"They kept the gas on longer than usual, some must have gotten through, I was so out of it.. but I tried my best."
"I know, I know, it's okay. Hey maybe someday, me you and your friends, and Miss, uhh, Cover Girl here can go see the world, on a boat or something, hmm?"
"I'd like that." Alina nodded.

Cover Girl, wearing a smile and said brightly, like a real mom, "That's my brave girl." She then turned cop on her. "Unfortunately, because of your attempt, you'll be staying in here with us tonight, you'll eat breakfast with at least me, possibly Charles in the cafeteria, and then to his office for the private talk about what you did, and then to Brinker for the mental health assessment, although I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. The escape attempt will work against you, however, I'll still try to go to bat for you and get you the silverware." If Amber had anything to say, now would be when. Cover Girl DID glance her way. She had smiled at the thought of being on a cruise ship, and admittedly, definitely wanted to see Amber in a bikini... One or two piece didn't matter to her, because that was one hot nerd, in Cover Girl's biased, yet humble opinion. (What does Amber look like, as now you know a certain GI Joe has a "cover" girl crush on her.)

Amber smiled at the mention of Alina having to stay the night with them, though was a little saddened by the other news for her, it would not be fun the next day.

Alina looked down at first but then up at the two women and nodded.
"Okay, I understand, do I sleep on the floor or?" She asked Amber speaking up.

"No of course not, you can use one of our beds, and either be with us or if it is okay with Cover Girl, she and I could share one as you got the other." Amber looked back at Cover Girl with her light blue eyes as she said this for her opinion.

Amber moved some of her short, black with a slight tinge of blue, hair to the side revealing some more of her slender face, no makeup on as she is much too busy with work. That might also explain the short hair, much less work than long hair, and takes less time in the morning. Her mostly pale skin caught the dim light in the room, it was odd, seeing her and Alina beside one another, they looked quite similar...

Back
Top Bottom