Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Student at Superhero High (KiraMusani x Frozen Princess)

Courtney nodded, "Oh, I agree it should be her choice. All choices need to be given, and you a chance to show while up until this point, you also had no choice. Remember what I said about not bothering the scientists and their research? When we got back and I excused myself for a few minutes, I sent a hypothetical situation to both Charles and President Luthor along with my weekly report. Remember, although I have to send it weekly, I also was told every Saturday evening by Luthor. The last three days, everything. Including all you did as help. I'm waiting back for something besides the automatic response, since I posted the hypothetical question. One thing Luthor promised was no plausible situation and earnest question would be ignored. All answered in 24 hours personally. Considering even he's aware of the situation from our communications Thursday? I'll have an answer by six forty-five tomorrow evening. I iterated to him and Charles it's hypothetical. They don't know anything except that it's a harebrained idea of a Joe playing mom."

She shook her head. "Amber. The last thing we want is to prevent two people who love each other from seeing each other. That's the situation and the facts. You saw how torn up Rogue was when she came. Have a guard there? Have their dates chaperoned? I'd agree with you in a heartbeat. Forbidding Marinette would be akin to us not trusting either of them. Rogue's the victim here just as much as Marinette. Sure Marinette brought her own punishment upon herself, but if she was desperate for her touch, especially after a public fight. We both heard her yelling at someone in the courtyard and the name Adrien although we couldn't make out the words and details."

Morning

Overnight, Amber would see the personal answer from the President. Since it was addressed to "Dorm Matron" and she was the assistant, it would be well within her legal right to read it. Technically, they both were.

Re: your hypothesis.
Obviously, I shouldn't have to spell it out to you. What do the scientists do? Or were supposed to, within certain perimeters? Test it, right? You're covert ops and have scientific background. If this hypothesis has any basis in any facts, put it to the test. Have Amber help you if need be. That's WHY she's there. To assist you with both the girls and Alina. Utilize that. If this is just a thought with no real basis in fact, and one of your wild theories and hunches, don't waste any more of your time, or any of hers. Remember the bigger picture. What I'm seeing in your hypothesis IS a small possibility. Involve her, and act on it. Both of you. That's what an assistant does. As for freeing up her paperwork, it's being handled. I don't trust the bureaucracy of the institution any more than you. I'll personally deliver the paperwork regarding Amber's employment and what she signed, to Charles BEFORE Monday 9 am. Sincerely, Lex Luthor, President of the United States.
With it in writing, and the go ahead from the President, all Amber would really have to do is wait for Cover Girl to wake up, feed her a bowl of cereal, and help her put "OPERATION: MOTHER" into action.

Amber would have the perfect excuse. She didn't know where everything was and all the teachers either, little alone Alina's. Besides, Cover Girl was the one that had to handle any big problems that happened at the dorm building. There was nothing petty about Rogue's situation with Marinette. Matters of the heart were NEVER petty!

Last edited:
Amber listened and nodded.
"Yeah keeping them apart is hopefully not needed, but if we like it or not, Marinette hurt herself very badly, using Rouge, even if that was not her intent, she knew what would happen and did it anyway, if she were to do it again, she could die. We need to do whatever we can to prevent that, precautions need to be taken."

Alina looked at the others.
"Should we return to our rooms?"

Morning

Amber would wait for Courtney so she could read the message, as she felt wrong reading it without her permission. She would make her breakfast and show it to her as they ate, giving her the option to share it or not.

Alina would wake early and knock on Ivy's door, having already dressed, this time in pants and a t-shirt.

Last edited:
Courtney sighed. "Well, sleep on it, tonight, as I'm open to suggestions. Hell, we can't make teenagers wear gloves in the middle of winter to prevent frostbite, Anna Marie does to protect others, we can't make Marinette to protect herself. I'm not sure she does as Ladybug. Talk to Black Canary and Green Arrow. She's going back and forth between Birds of Prey and Arrow's "Straight Shooters" for her team choices and has the rest of this year before she HAS to choose. She's an active member in both their Introductory Clubs on campus." She frowned. "Crap." She sighed. "I'll let Charles know, although he probably already does, because she's signed up for introductory classes for the X-Men. Rogue needs to talk to her about mixing work and pleasure, and separating the two, if they end up working together. Jean and Scott fought a lot once his cheating came out." It wasn't the two (Rogue and Ladybug) cheating on each other that worried the Joe.

Crystal nodded. "Yep." and Ivy just nodded.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Courtney just grumbled as she made her way to what passed for their kitchen. The dining room table. When asked which cereal, she grunted. Frosted Flakes? Sugar Smacks? Raisin Bran? It was too early in the morning for breakfast decisions! "Cuppa Java an' surprise me." She looked at her email and sighed. "Amber? Anything addressed dorm matron can be opened by either of us. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle." Yes. Cover Girl just HAD to drop a PSA on her hapless assistant first thing in the morning. She had to read over it twice, before turning the laptop around and letting Amber read the President's suggestion for herself. After Amber would finish, and Cover Girl got the laptop back facing her, she asked, "Well? You game to putting my theory to the test? I got an email from Ivy as well. They're meeting Alina's teachers. I have to play stay at home, because I'm going to have to go with Anna Marie if she insists on seeing Marinette. Matters of the heart are NOT petty affairs. That's dorm matron territory along with fighting. You would be free to go on the tour with her and 'student to be decided', but my guess is Alina will choose one of three. Either Crystal, Diana or Jean.

At that moment upstairs, Ivy was giving Alina that decision right now. "I don't trust myself after Crimson Avenger had her sword at my neck. I mean, heck, she's even a possibility if you want. It's your choice who comes with us as my backup. Personally, I'd pick someone you're acquainted with and had more than a question answered. Someone you at least sort of trust.... Yeah. Calla would fit that, despite being kind of chilly, she did say if you ever needed her help and this would qualify. But then again, so did Diana, Crystal and Jean. I'm out of it. You choose. We're visiting your teachers." She once again asked for Alina's class schedule.

(If you can find it, copy/paste it in your post)

Amber nodded and rubbed the bridge of her nose.
"We can talk in the morning more for sure."

-----------------------

Amber gave her cheerios with her coffee.
"Okay so, about Ladybug and Rouge, I think we should classify what happened as a potential case of self-harm, just based on what we heard about her emotional state before the incident. As well as that we know Rouge warned her about the fact she could die from doing what she did. That is the factor that can allow us to intervene more, for her own safety if she cannot control herself." She then sat down and joined her in eating breakfast.
"As for Alina, it does not really matter who she picks as long as she is comfortable and they aren't going to be a bad influence on her, I am not sure how easily she could be affected by these girls. After what she had been through, her mental state is likely abnormal."

-----------------------

Alina tilted her head and showed her the Schedule.
"I am confused, we are going to have someone else go around with us as we meet everyone? Why? and why do I need to just pick one? Also, why am I picking?"

-----------------------

Pre-Algebra: Braniac 5
World History: Henry Jones Jr.
Physical Education A: Wildcat with Black Canary
Lunch
Sewing 101: Crazy Quilt
English: Molly the Flower Girl
Geography:Flash Jay Garrick
Health and Nutrition: Dr. Emilia Quincy MD

Ivy grimaced. "Like I said... I don't trust myself right now. Calla. Crimson Avenger. She didn't help matters. A few of your teachers scare me. Three of your teachers? They're ex-villains. Molly is like the one of them reformed the least length of time. She was a gangster's moll, Alina." She sighed. "What we talked about yesterday? Being overwhelmed with so many caring about you?" She nodded. "For your sanity's sake, if nothing else, we should only have and need one backup. If you feel your nerves can handle more than just me and one other trying to protect you? I guess I can be okay with that. I emailed your mom though, that it'd be just me, you and one other. Thing is Cover Girl never emailed back, so that might be she's okay with only one other. I want it to be your choice. I might mess it up and pick the wrong one of the four. I will say, if it's one of the Amazons, Calla or Diana, you'll likely gain respect from five of your teachers, including two of the three ex-villains. Crystal would gain five teachers respect as well, especially Dr. Jones. Jean, I'm not sure on any of the ex-villains. Maybe Crazy Quilt and that's it. Brainiac 5, for whatever reason, doesn't like her at all, but then that one is descended from Superman's enemy now. She's from the future."

At the dorm matron room, Courtney ate her Cheerios fairly quietly, as in not speaking. Finally, with a sigh, she put the spoon down. "Most relationships are abnormal, no matter the person or persons involved own history. Marinette wanting to be with someone she wouldn't be able to make out with?" A shrug. "We can only hope this shock knocked the sense back into her, because I would say that from the little bit we know, Marinette DID go certifiable. I'm pretty sure we can agree there. Was she truly suicidal, though, or sick of abusive touching?" She raised her eyebrow at Amber. "That's one of the reasons why I want to talk to her with either Brinker or Quincy present, and be Rogue's backup as she visits. If she still wishes to visit. I definitely agree that regardless of the outcome of said visit, Marinette should be watched, but still be allowed to make up her own mind. With caveats thrown in to protect her. We should be careful as we don't know how much of the incident Marinette even remembers. Remember, Rogue did say, and it is in her file, a major side effect of any type of touch from her or touch of her bare skin, results in amnesia, especially if the victim is rendered unconscious, or in this case, the instigator. We can't call her an attacker, either, if she doesn't remember. We'll have nothing to base our plans on if Marinette can't remember anything about last night.

As for Alina. You make good points there, too, and again, we need to trust Alina to know what's best. Ivy wrote she wants Alina to decide among her friends she made. As far as I know? That's Crystal, Diana and Jean. Any of which would be good backup. I have a copy of Alina's schedule as I asked for it from Charles. The only one I can think of that Ivy wouldn't trust herself around is this one." She pointed to the English teacher. "As Louie the Lilac's moll, she threatened to take hedge clippers to both her, meaning Ivy, and her plants. Ivy's probably scared to death Molly isn't that reformed. She wouldn't be working here if she wasn't, but that won't sway Ivy. Even though it was proven in Louie the Lilac's trial that Molly was under some form of post hypnotic suggestion."

Alina placed a hand against her mouth as she thought to herself.
"Oh. if you are scared I won't make you. Maybe I can ask Diana since she is my other neighbor, or perhaps Crystal so I can get more practice in understanding her crazy talk." She paused thinking more about what Ivy said.
"But I don't think I need protection, why would I need that? Do you think some of them might try and bring me back to the lab? Because you know they can't hurt me, at least I don't think any of them can."

Amber nodded.
"Yes, but we also need to consider Rouge, she could be scared by this as well, she may want to keep her distance from Marinette as well, and we need to make sure Ladybug will respect that."

"And as for Alina, I don't think we should have too many there. She still does not seem great with large groups of people all talking to her at once. In the lab usually, she was dealt with with one scientist at a time and a few guards on standby usually out of sight." Amber added.
"At least while I was there, who knows what they did while I was not, my time with her was limited."

Ivy shook her head. "I'm willing to be there, I just want backup." As Alina finally named two, Ivy giggled. "Isn't that ironic? We both were thinking of Crystal and an Amazon! Even though I have issues with her bluntness, I thought about Calla because she doesn't take crap from anyone. Especially to protect a fellow Amazon or honorary one. And Diana let you try on her toga, you said. And she mentioned something about Queen Hippolyta? So anyhoo, yeah, since we both agree on Crystal, and she's my other next door neighbor, why don't you see if she'll join us and be my backup?"

Cover Girl tilted her head as she peered at Amber for a moment. "Not sure it was one on one except in your presence, Amber. She wouldn't be afraid of crowds like she is. That screams of being crowded more often than not. You also mentioned she doesn't like being startled. Think." She tapped her head. "That, more often than not, would take more than one person and would fit more snugly into why she doesn't like a lot of people. It's the only thing that makes sense. You said it yourself, just now. Your time with her was limited. As for Rogue, we can only wait to see if she wants to visit Marinette."

At that moment, there was a knock on the door and the phone rang. With a sigh, Cover Girl stated. "Ten o clock. Time for us to get busy. You get the door, I got the phone." She had it answered on the second ring. It was Quincy informing Cover Girl that Marinette was awake.

At the door would be Rogue, or Anna Marie. She was dressed like she wanted to go to the infirmary to visit Marinette, or Ladybug.

Alina nodded and turned to go knock on the next door over, knocking on it once she got there assuming Ivy had nothing left to add before that.

---------------------

Amber took a breath and then a seat.
"I really have no true idea what she had been through, I thought I had but... she spent so much time without me, I thought I knew what they were doing but perhaps they kept more from me than I thought..."

*Knock knock*

Amber nodded, composed herself then answered the door.
"Hello Rogue, you are wanting to visit Ladybug I take it." She smiled and stepped aside to let her into the room.

Crystal opened it dressed head to toe in traditional Australian Outback wear:
Screenshot_20220902-175856.png
"G'day, Alina luv. Caught me about t' 'ave a walkabout. What'll be yer pleasure?"

----------------------------------------------

Rogue walked in holding the bouquet of carnations. "If she's awake. Ya think th' carnations will be too much?" She blushed slightly. "One o' them times Ah think this power's a curse. Ah realized as Ah thought about it... Ah act'chelly loved the feel o' Marinette's lips on mine. Now, Ah wanna be th' one t' scold 'er if she remembers where she put 'er hand. Ah ain't ready fer that, either wit' a girl or boy. Sides, next time coul' kill 'er, an' Ah ain't heard from Gambit, even by text. Tired o' waitin'. If SHE c'n overlook that, an' accept only touchin' through cloth... Then Ah'm ready for a serious datin' relationship." She noticed Cover Girl, her back turned, on the phone.

Cover Girl nodded. "Really? Has she asked for anyone... Uh-huh. Memories?" Cover Girl gave a dejected sigh, "Doc, we expected that. At least she remembers something. Thank you for calling me as soon as you did, though." She hung up, turned around, and saw Rogue dressed and noticed the bouquet. She took a deep breath and let it out with a sigh. "Great news: Marinette is awake. Good news: She's asking to see Rogue.... Bad news: She has amnesia. Ugly news: All she remembers is kissing Rogue and loving it, nothing else. Nothing she did, nor even why she desired to kiss her except she likes her." A knowing look to Amber. "Therefore, we have nothing solid. Not even to scold her, little alone talk to her about what she did."

Rogue sighed and shrugged. "Leastwise she remembers th' kiss? More'n Ah coulda hoped for."

Alina paused for a moment as she attempted to process what Crystal said.
"Uhhh... I don't know about any of that, but I just came to see if you wanted to join me and Ivy to meet my teachers. I think Ivy wants some backup or something like that." She explained placing a finger to her lips in thought.

----------------------------------

Amber nodded along with Rogue, turning to look at Cover Girl as she explained the situation.
"Just because she doesn't remember, does not mean we can't explain the rest, she still needs to know those things aren't okay to do. Even if she does not remember doing them she needs to know she can't do them again, as clearly she thought it was okay to do or at the very least, didn't think about it." Amber explained.

"And Rouge, I think you have a splendid idea, as long as you make sure she knows the no skin contact rule is a hard one, not negotiable and no exceptions. And that her touching you the way she did without permission was not good."

Crystal smirked, then laughed. "Ain't laughin' atcha luv, cuz I can easily get me walkabout with ya sheilas just as well. Except for Professor Jones and Wildcat, I don't think I have any of yer other teachers, so it'd be a learnin' experience fer me, too! Ya wrote down what ya wanna ask each one? Or can ya 'member it all in yer cranium?" She shut the door after checking her skirt pocket for her door key, "Back up jus' a li'l, there, luv, so's I can swing me backpack without knockin' ya on yer arse." She stepped out, shutting her door at the same time, or trying to, having to turn just as she warned, to make sure it clicked.

Ivy was just stepping out of hers, and was able to close hers without watching. "Alina? Do you have a list of questions, or do you need to go back in your dorm? Crystal, you're coming?"

With a slight pull of her hat, and smile, the Aussie nodded. Ivy breathed a sigh of relief.

----------------------------------------------------

Rogue nodded. "Tore me up when she went limp, so b'lieve me... Ah know, she'll hafta unnerstand, doin' that hurts both of us."

Cover Girl made a face. "I hope no one's allergic to carnations. Marinette won't be able to keep those with her by her bed. Amber, if you're going to wait on Ivy and Alina...." The phone rang, it being Ivy two floors above headed for the elevator. "That's probably them. Like I said, matters of the heart are like fights. Their my responsibility. Go meet Alina's teachers." She smiled. She then led Rogue out the door and they headed for the infirmary.

Alina smiled and paused again as she heard her laugh trying to compute what might have been funny before hearing her explanation. She seemed to listen extra close to her this time around as she spoke, a look of complete focus on her face before taking a step back, to give her space.
"Oh, it's okay, even if you somehow knocked me down I would not get hurt, and if you did somehow hurt me I would be more impressed than anything considering a team of scientists could not even do that!" She smiled before turning to Ivy as she came out.

"Oh! Right Crystal had asked me that too, I have no idea what questions ill ask, I suppose I'll just ask whatever I can think of" she shrugged.

"So there, all three of us are going, do we leave now?" She asked.

------------------------------------

Amber nodded at the two of them and smiled.
"I am glad that you two seem to understand the severity of the situation, well I hope everyone will find a happy conclusion" she smiled before nodding and going to meet Ivy, Alina and Crystal.

"Oh, hello ladies, we have quite the group today don't we? How nice of both of you to help Alina today." She smiled at them, happy to see Alina making friends.

Crystal beamed and pulled on her hat, "G'day, Miss Amber, luv. Aye, welcome to our walkabout, as I was fixin' t' explain t' Alina." She looked at Alina as if she was the main focus. "Y'see, luv, were not goin' t' any particular place, as th' teachers won't be congregatin' IN one area, but'll be scattered about the campus, sure. Basically a walkabout is goin' outside wit' no particular place t' go." She sighed and made a face. "I'm glad Wins ain't with us. She'd start singin' an' I'd hafta threaten to bean her.... No one can do that song proper. Not heard it oncet by a nonprofessional singer kept it on key. Ain't that bloody hard a song, but Chuck Berry's a bloomin' genius! Only he does it proper for me."

Alina paused for a moment once Crystal had finished talking and then started to giggle.
"Hehe, I have no idea what you just said. Something about moving around a lot, and I think bad singing, which I don't even really get. I have heard about singing before but don't really get it." She replied.

Amber chimed in with a regretful sigh.
"They did not allow Alina music, they said it would be distracting and irrelevant to the, 'project'."

"Oh! Music has singing then" Alina pointed out.

Crystal's eyebrows actually pushed her hat up and it was her turn to look confused. "Well, I'll be gobsmacked. Yer gonna hafta come over sometime just t' introduce ya t' a shitload o' diff'rent music.... And when yer tryin' to listen, feel free t' tell me t' stop me bloody yabberin' . Got a bad 'abit o' doin' that when's I got guests." She nodded as Ivy was looking at her phone leading the way. "Too right. Tha's why I says ya gotta hear some."

Ivy finally spoke up from the lead. "I. First stop is Brainiac 5, she kinda looks a bit like Ms. Martian? Except blonde and a little older. She's in the staff reference library, over there." She pointed to a building that looked like it could have been an old manor or dorm when the school first opened with it's 19th century style architecture and ivy overgrown walls in certain areas.

Alina nodded to both of them.
"Okay I suppose, umm for now I'll just figure out the right now thing. So umm, Mrs. 5?" Alina asked.

Amber simply stood back and watched, letting her friends take the lead.

Crystal chuckled. "Not how t' greet her, although she IS married to a future Supergirl. In-Ze I think her name is. So's it's prolly... Mrs. Brainiac er sum'thun."

Brainiac 5 just looked over to the approaching girls. "Only one of you doesn't register in my memory banks. The Australian is correct, new one. My Supergirl is in the 31st century, and her last name IS In-Ze." A chuckle. "And mine as well, although I go by my antihero name. I'm the fifth incarnation of the supercomputer Brainiac. Why have you come to visit me on a Sunday morning?"

"Oh, well Mrs.Braniac I am new here and will be in your class. So I was told I need to go and meet all the teachers that I am going to have" She declared.

Brainiac nodded. "Pre-Algebra. Okay. I expect participation in class exercises. You'll learn about percentages, giving change and a little bit later, statistics. You will start learning algebraic solutions through written logic problems. Here's an example." She wrote down. If a $25 item is 20% off, how much is it, and can you afford it with a $20 bill? She pushed the paper to Alina. "Do you have any questions regarding my class... Ivy, get your nose out of your phone."

Ivy looked up. "Sorry, I'm trying to plot where all Alina's teachers are and where to go next for the next one of her teachers. And the best route to take without backtracking."

Brainiac 5 just tutted. "Although I applaud your desire to help Alina, now is not the time. All you would've had to do, was ask ME. I'm practically a walking GPS system. Professors Jones and Xavier are discussing lesson ideas in the History section of this, the Reference Library. Jay Garrick and Crazy Quilt are fishing at the school lake in the picnic area. Wildcat, Wolverine and Black Canary are sparring in the gymnasium and I think you already know where to find Dr. Quincy. She IS the school physician. I don't think even Professor X could get Cerebro to find Molly. She's so used to hiding from the cops or Louie the Lilac. I can't even pinpoint her exact location, but I know she's on campus. There. Now put your phone away."

Alina thought for a moment before she replied.
"Umm, yes, because the exact amount would be 20, right?" She asked.
"As for my questions, I don't think I have any, as it sounds like a regular math lesson" she replied before hearing the lecture given to Ivy.

"Well, maybe she didn't want to interrupt our conversation? Or maybe she thought doing it herself would help her learn." She declared.

Amber was not going to intervene but went wide-eyed as Alina talked back.

Brainiac 5 raised an eyebrow, but slowly her frown turned to a smile and a nod. "Correct on the math problem. Barring tax, which is part of the percentage equations, you would have just enough. Well done, and you did that in your head. You'll be dealing with a bit tougher than just math, a lot more written out logic problems. You'll see when I give you your book tomorrow." She then stated calmly, "Teacher meet and greets should have everyone paying attention to the student speaking and the teacher. She would have had time to check SHHS Mapquest* afterwards. You have all day. Nice of you to stick up for her, however, your Australian friend and the adult behind you, WERE paying attention." She eyed Amber, looked at Alina and sighed. "You're new also. Where's her adoptive Mom? The Joe? And what is your position on faculty?" By observation and a computer brain, Brainiac 5 knew Amber's connection to Alina, but wouldn't say anything just yet.

*Super Hero High School MapQuest.

Alina nodded.
"Right, okay Mrs. Brainiac."

Amber returned the look.
"Right now I am acting as a guardian for Alina, though I have other positions I am sure you are well aware of them. As for the Joe, I am sure that if information becomes relevant to you someone will be sure to inform you promptly."

Brainiac 5 tapped her fingers together in a steeple form rhythmically. "You're probably just a little older than myself, but I'm still the teacher. Whether I know your position or no, is irrelevant. It'd been polite to have answered, 'I am assistant dorm matron, and I'm here because the Joe is otherwise indisposed.' Super Hero High staff doesn't need to keep secrets from each other. The only thing I don't know is your name. I was just told by Charles before he and Indiana went to the History area that I could expect to meet the new assistant dorm matron today. Three high school girls." She waved a hand to Alina, Crystal and Ivy. "You." She waved to Amber. "I would like to put a name to the position, thank you." Her tone was still cordial, with just a touch of the ice Amber fed her.

Amber looked a little embarrassed.
"Right sorry, I am used to people who believe they are smarter than me, asking questions they know the answers to as a display of power. My name is Amber and that is indeed me Charles told you about."

Alina waved back but stayed quiet as they talked.

Ivy walked over to Alina and showed her the school map on her phone. "You can do this, too, with your phone. I can't program it, Crystal put SHHS Mapquest on mine, she can help you there. But see these red dots? These are the teachers you haven't met yet. Brainiac 5's is now green because we met her. So, we're going to meet Professor Jones next, then to the infirmary and Dr. Quincy, gymnasium and finally the park. Hopefully, we run across Molly along the way, but if Brainiac 5 can't find her... I mean she's the reason I wanted the backup."

Brainiac 5 seemed satisfied with the apology and explanation, although she did say, "Tell Court, Brainiac says to stop working so hard." She then said to Alina. "See you tomorrow morning. Eight sharp."

Back
Top Bottom