Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A guard with a twist (cat/Divine)

The prince walked with the silent princess all the way down to the stables. He put a comforting hand on her shoulder to calm her a little bit and when the got there, she called out to a horse named Lilly. A stableboy walked out a minute or two later pulling a pretty horse along with him. It was clearly Lilly. "Stableboy, could you retrieve my horse as well?" He asked. The boy nodded and returned with his horse a minute or two later.

She began to stroke Lilly's long mane as she waited for the boy to return with Alex's horse. She looked the horse over with a soft nod before she went to mount Lilly. The stable was quick to help and once up she again stroked the mane, glancing over to Alex as she waited for him mount his horse.

Her bodyguard leapt up onto his horse in one movement. He was good at riding and mounting horses... It was part of his training to be a bodyguard. He looked over to her, stroking his horse's powerful neck gently. "So, off for a ride then, Princess?" He asked.

She only offered a soft smile before the horse started off in a slowly pace, walking to the open grounds within the walls. The pace was slow until the reach the patch of green field. All at once Lilly took off, quickly changing pace. Harlie seemed to enjoy as her ringlets flew back over her shoulders, the wind whipping through them. Her pink lips help a soft smile to them as Lilly moved effortless across the green.

The prince trotted alongside her and once she hit the large patch of green, he spurred his horse out across the green after her. He smiled as he saw her. Her hair was flying in the breeze and there was a smile on her painted lips. She was happy. That was a good sign. The fright and depression he saw eariler were gone, and he spurred his horse faster, and caught up with her, giving her a salute as his horse passed hers.

Her smiled brighten as she saw him pass her, a soft laugh bubbling from her throat. She urged Lilly into a faster pace, holding tightly as she raced along to catch him. She was enjoying herself, wind felt wonderful against her flushed cheeks. Lilly's pace was quick and steady though she wasn't sure if she could caught up to Alex.

The male spurred his horse along, letting the princess catch up to him and waving to her. He was loving the ride as well. He didn't know too much about horses, but he did love to ride the beasts. She was happy when she did this, and it was a good thing.

She smiled as she waved to him, her cheek flushed from the cool air whipping them. She enjoyed riding very much and most of riding Lilly. After a while there was a low hedge about 10 yards up from them, she only smirked as she gave Lilly a nudge to move faster. She loved jumping Lilly and was always eager to show off.

The prince looked up at the low hedge and smirked. He spurred his white steed faster and the powerful horse easily cleared it, leaping high into the air. He looked to watch as the Princess came to the jump. He would be impressed if she actually jumped her horse over it.

Harlie watched Alex clear the hedge on the white beast. It was impressive to watch someone else jump but she smirked knowing it was an easy feat. Lilly approached the hedge and easily jumping and clearing as her heavy hoofs pounded the earth below. Harlie only shot a smug glance at Alex before, her pinks lips twisted in a sweet yet cocky smile as Lilly trotted over to him.

The prince watched as the cute princess jumped her horse over the short hedge and brought the beast to a trot next to the prince. He raised an eyebrow and brought his own horse to a trot. "So, where to now, Princess?" He asked, looking at her pretty face in the afternoon sunlight.

Her violet orbs looked up to him with a soft smile trailing on her pink lips. "Just around the field til we reach the stables again." She dropped her gaze as she stroked Lilly's mane. "I suppose that will do for exercise for today. She enjoys the run but it really takes a lot out her. Her body wasn't made for long runs." She added softly before looking back at Alex.

The prince nodded slowly, and they walked their horses back to the stables. The prince stroked his horse's neck again and turned to the princess, waiting until she was ready to leave. "So, where to now, princess?" He asked, walking up next to her.

She dismounted Lilly giving her over to the stable boy before looking at Alex. "hhmmmm" she tilted her head in thought as she slowly walked over to him. Slowly she snaked her arm around on of his and began walking towards the castle. "How about checkers?" she asked with a soft glance up at him. "Or we could read. There's plenty of books." She added with a faint nod as they walked along.

The prince smiled and watched as the princess linked their arms. He walked slowly across the lawn with her, not blushing or growing uncomfortable in the least. "Lets play some checkers. That's always fun." He said, leading her towards the library that had the checkers board.

she smiled with a soft nod as they entered the castle and moved to the room. She was eager to play as she moved along the study to the checker board. She began to set her pieces up before she sat down. She took red as she often did before she glanced across the table to Alex before glancing back at the board.

The prince walked slowly with her up to the library and got the black pieces and began to set them up correctly. "So... Are you all better from this morning?" He asked, waiting for her to start. He was still quite worried about her. She had been so upset this morning.

She slowly nodded her head as she moved a piece. "yes... well a little. I'm be fine... I.. it was, well felt so real. I'm not use to things like that." she started before she paused staring at the board. "I don't want it to happen again but I don't know how to stop it from happening. I don't like things... things..." she trailed off before shaking her head. "Nothing."

The prince responded by moving his piece and he listened intently to her. "Yes... Nightmares can often be very realistic... I used to have them myself. But please, go on Princess. If there is something wrong, I will listen." He said, looking into her lovely purple eyes.

She hesitated before moving a piece and looking up to him. "oh...well... I don't know. I've haven't had any since I was young but now it seems all to real. I feel so unsafe now as if it's going to get me when I'm not looking." She glanced at the board before going on. "That's why I wanted to stay in my bath longer, I felt safe."

The prince nodded. "When I was a little... Child, I used to have nightmares. Very dark, very vivid nightmares, that would scare me for the whole day. My mother would comfort me until I was no longer frightened." She said.

"I know it must sound awful to have such nightmares at my age but I don't know what provoked it." She stated slowly before glancing up at Alex. "Your mother?" She asked softly before lowering her gaze again. Her mother had been dead since she was young, she didn't remember much about her. "I see..." she chimed softly before looking at the board. "Who's move?"

"Yes. My mother. I had my nightmares for few months... And she cared for me each time." The prince said, moving his piece. "Sorry. Got drawn into my thoughts." He said. "Well, perhaps it was the wine. That stuff can impair one's judgment." He said. "I've never heard of it giving nightmares, but it might." He said.

She watched his move before moving to counter it. She sighed with a soft nod before looking up to him. "Perhaps but I drink it every night..." she thought for a moment before shrugging. "Enough about this, lets talk about that horse of yours" she chimed with a bright but obviously forced smile.

The male shrugged and made his move, taking one of the princess's pieces. "Yes, but you had a bit too much last night, if you don't mind me saying... Or perhaps your nightmare was borne of something else. Perhaps you are just frightened because your father hired a bodyguard." He said.

Back
Top Bottom