Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A guard with a twist (cat/Divine)

The prince noticed he was just about to lose a turn before the checkmate. He cursed her ability to distact him and make him uncomfortable. He felt her foot touching his ankle and he blushed agian. "S-sure.." He responded, setting up his peices once again. She was very forward when she wanted to be, apparently, and it was just a bit unsettling..

She set her pieces back into place before she grabbed the same pawn and moved it two spaces. She rested her chin against the back of her hands and watched him. She slowly pulled her foot away before a small slipped on her lips. "So Alexander,what breed of horse you do ride?"

The prince slowly moved his pawn out. He would not be distracted by the princess's wiles this time. He shrugged a bit. "I'm not too sure. I must say my favorite breed would be a clydesdale. They are big and strong, and quite powerful." He said as he motioned for her to take her turn.

She tossed a glance at the board before moving. "Really? That's interesting but why did you ride in on a white horse?" she asked softly as she brushed a few ringlets from her face. "I, myself prefer The fell or Friesian" she comment with a nod of her head. "The fell is better for riding on the grounds but the Friesian is better for travel and things like that."

"The white horse I rode in on was one of the best in our kingdom. When I leave, I was told to leave it here as a gift, specifically for you Princess." He said, moving his piece. "Hmm, I haven't had much experience with horses. I enjoy riding them, but I haven't been doing it for long." He said.

Her brow lifted before she moved another piece. "I'm sure my father will be thrilled to hear. He prefers me to ride more regal horse such as The Hackney and The Marwari, I received the Marwari a few months back from a prince from the north." she titled her head to the side as if bored before looking back to him. "I'll be sure to thank his Highness for such a thoughtful gift when you leave." she smiled softly as she dropped her gaze to the board. "Perhaps we could go out tomorrow and you can show me why its the best in your lands"

He moved his piece carefully, with thought as they played. Now that the topic wasn't so embarassing, he was playing much better, taking more of her pieces while losing less of his own. He nodded. "Yes, perhaps we can go for a ride tomorrow. Would you like to ride her, or would you prefer one of your own horses?" He asked.

She noticed she was losing pieces quickly but she didn't mind, after all this was a fair game and she wasn't going to distract him this time. She moved another piece, keeping her eyes on the board before she spoke. "I'll ride one of mine and if she all that you say she is, then maybe I will ride her." She smirked mostly to herself before she gave a faint sigh. "Alexander, I'm going to call you Alex, Alexander sounds to formal and I rather hate long formal names."

"I prefer to be called Alex. Like you said, Alexander sounds a bit too formal." He said, moving his own piece. "May I call you something other than, 'Your Highness'? It's quite a mouthful to add to the end of each sentance." He said to her, looking up at the princess, then back down at their playing board.

"I suppose it is rather long.." she mused as she moved yet another piece. "What would you prefer to call me?' she asked, her eyes never leaving the board as she watched the moves being played. She knew 'your highness' was long but she was curious as to how long he would go before he would request something else to address her by. She now had her answer and it made her smirk.

"I would be happy calling you 'Princess', 'Harlequin', or anything else you preferred, so long as it is a ladylike title." He said, moving his piece. It took him under twenty four hours to ask for a new name to call her by.

"Princess or Harlequin..." she mused to herself before moving another piece. "Hmmm, I suppose Princess could work for now...Alex." she then smirked as she seen she had clearly lost the game. "So then Alex, I suppose supper is ready." she added before slowly slipping from her chair and smoothing her dress. "I think its best we attend, my father will be please that we are getting along so well" she purred before she walked past, her hand brushing along his shoulder as she moved to the door.

"So be it, Princess." He said, moving his last piece to a checkmate. "We'll have to play again sometimes. Your mind games are a clever way to get me concentrating on something else." He said, standing slowly and following her to the door. He opened it for her and lead her downstairs to the dining room for supper.

She only chuckled before leading them down to the dinning hall. Her father already sat the head of the table as the maids began to food to the table. She bowed her head before going over and sitting on the other side of her father. He looked from her to Alex before giving a approving smile. "So how was your first day, lad?" He asked as Harlie reached for her goblet, slowly drink in the sweet wine.

Prince Alexander smiled and bowed as he enteredm and he walked to the princess's side and sat down. He ate slowly and sipped at his own goblet of wine. "Just fine, your magesty." He said. "Your daughter is a handful, but I think I can handle watching out for her." He said with a smile.

Harlie didn't bother to look at him or even act like she heard him speaking, instead she drank her wine. Her father on the other hand chuckled with a soft shake of his hand. "Yes, I know she can be, but you have to admit she's worth the trouble." The king laugh at his own comment before taking in his fill of wine before he started to eat. Harlie had begun to pick at her food, ignoring both of them.

The prince nodded. "Yes, she is certainly worth protecting." He said, eating slowly, but making sure to eat his fill. When he was done, he stood and maid came over to pick up his plate and utensils. He thanked them and streched a bit. "If you don't mind, I think I will retire now." He said.

The king nodded before bidding him good night and going back to his meal. Harlie just ate without even glancing at him. She lifted her goblet again, this time to be filled by one of the maids before she drank from it again. She picked at the food that remained on her plate, taking small bites and moving purposely slow through out the meal.

The prince bowed to the woman he was guarding, and the king, and walked off to go to bed. He changed into lighter sleeping gear, and id his nightly check of her bedroom before he slipped into bed. His mind kept playing over the days events, particularly when the princess was teasing him... It was quite embarassing, but he would admit that she was beautiful, and that he wouldn't particularly mind having her as a wife.

After awhile and another glass of wine, the princess excused herself from dinner with a soft bow of her head before making her way up to her room. She sighed softly as she peered out the windows she passed, a faint frown crossing her lovely features. She only shook her head as she entered her room. She gave a quick glance to the prince as she walked passed him and to her bed. Her footing was shaking as she crawled up onto her massive bed, the rustling of her dress seeming to fill the room before she laid across her heap of pillows.

The prince looked over to her as she entered, and she slipped right into bed with her dress still on. "Good night, Princess." He said, rolling over in his cot. He thought she should change before bed, but wouldn't bring it up infront of the woman, because he figured more of her teasing would ensue.

The princess mumbled something before a pillow went flying off her bed and towards his cot. The fourth glass of wine clearly had touched her and now, well she wasn't sleepy, just not awake. Her father had gone on and gone about Alex and the corning jokes wouldn't end, so she drowned herself in her goblets, thankful for the wine to ease her fathers jokes and comments.

He looked up just in time to catch the pillow in the face. It didn't hurt, but it seemed strange. "Princess? That seemed somewhat unneccesary." He said, standing up slowly. She was mumbling a bit... Perhaps she had drank a bit too much wine for her own good. "Are you okay, Princess?"

She slowly sat up locking those somewhat hellish violet orbs on him. "And why wouldn't I be okay?" she purred in a lower tone than usual. "Just because a pillow went flying off my bed doesn't mean I threw." She paused before brushing some ringlets away from her face. "I merely tossed it off the bed... it was bugging me." Clearly the wine had touched her and now she wasn't being her charming self.

The prince nodded slowly and put the pillow down by her bed. "You sound a bit strange... Did you have too much to drink, Princess?" He asked, looking into her eyes. She was a bit drunk, not quite plastered yet. He walked over and looked over her a little, trying to see how bad she was drunk.

Back
Top Bottom