Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Orient Express OOC Thread

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Main Thread
Orient Express Character Profiles

Map of Europe 1936
1936 Wikipedia
What Happened in 1936
A History of the Orient Express

Schedule (for our purposes)

ArrivalApproximate Travel TimeArrival Time
Strasbourg, France​
4:3600:06 Thursday
Karlsruhe, Germany​
2:1803:54 Thursday
Stuttgart, Germany​
2:1806:12 Thursday
Munich, Germany​
4:3610:18 Thursday
Vienna, Austria​
11:3022:15 Thursday
Budapest, Hungary7:105:25 Friday
Belgrade, Yugoslavia13:0718:32 Friday
Constantinople, Turkey (Istanbul)24:0818:40 Saturday

Last edited:
@xavierrol Perfect song! Now I'm transformed to my youth...

Bell bottom knock offs and frozen juice in a clear plastic tube - the ingredients for a happy childhood summer Saturday.

Oooh The Dead.
*Starts dancing*

Yup. If you browsed through my music collection without knowing me you'd think I was a woman in my mid to late 60s, if it weren't for my attraction to noisy doom/drone metal and the New York NoWave of the early to mid 80s. It is such an advantage to have all that music already made and just waiting to be discovered. Too bad so few of my generation and younger seems to have any interest in it.

Well it is to say the least appropriate to the era our RP is set in. (or thereabouts.)
I think the oldest recordings in my collection are by Leadbelly, like his early stuff from the mid 30s.

And yes before anyone comments. It is entirely, or almost entirely, because of Nick Cave. Led Zeppelin might have had something to do with it as well.

@xavierrol Two things, or rather three. One, Walsh did not touch the barman, much as he would've liked to. Two, how many stops are left in France? Three, did the Express ever have a telegraph or wireless on board during the 30s?

Strasbourg is the next stop and the last one in France. I don't think there is a mobile telegraph in 1930's technology but I have not researched it.

I guess I misinterpreted but I wasn't sure how else he could run past and be in front of him so that they faced each other in the limited space available in a train lounge car. So I sort of assumed her had physically turned him so that they were face to face. If you want, we can delete the whole scene, I was trying to get your character some female company that seemed more or less in character with how the story was evolving. It is somewhat pointless if he is uninterested and downright hostile. I will refrain from such assumptions in the future in regards to setting things up for your character.

LOL. He had waited for him to step back behind the bar, was my thought process. He's only upset because such an assumption was made on the part of the barman that Walsh would be the type to employ the services of a prostitute. If you think his reaction was a tad extreme, we can discuss modifying each of our two most recent posts, @xavierrol

Oh they are. Jane's just having a bit of fun while trying to stir up some information on the other passengers. She might however have to have a talk with Walsh about drawing too much attention to himself, but she won't be all that harsh on him about it.

LOL. He had waited for him to step back behind the bar, was my thought process. He's only upset because such an assumption was made on the part of the barman that Walsh would be the type to employ the services of a prostitute. If you think his reaction was a tad extreme, we can discuss modifying each of our two most recent posts, @xavierrol
I'd be fine just deleting the whole scene or leaving it be, you pick. As I'm the moderator now, I can delete posts but won't without your consent.

Back
Top Bottom