Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Orient Express OOC Thread

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Main Thread
Orient Express Character Profiles

Map of Europe 1936
1936 Wikipedia
What Happened in 1936
A History of the Orient Express

Schedule (for our purposes)

ArrivalApproximate Travel TimeArrival Time
Strasbourg, France​
4:3600:06 Thursday
Karlsruhe, Germany​
2:1803:54 Thursday
Stuttgart, Germany​
2:1806:12 Thursday
Munich, Germany​
4:3610:18 Thursday
Vienna, Austria​
11:3022:15 Thursday
Budapest, Hungary7:105:25 Friday
Belgrade, Yugoslavia13:0718:32 Friday
Constantinople, Turkey (Istanbul)24:0818:40 Saturday

Last edited:
'Ahem...' So, do "sleeping" passengers have to be woken up for crossing the border and passports, or can they sleep through and not be bothered?
Also, if I remember what I read in From Russia, With Love correctly, the Conductor holds onto the passengers' passports for just this sort of reason.

Also, if I remember what I read in From Russia, With Love correctly, the Conductor holds onto the passengers' passports for just this sort of reason.
That would also discourage, people jumping off between stations. Seems reasonable to me.

It would be helpful if everyone made clear their Passport name and nationality in our PM threads, otherwise I will assume it matches your character description in the character thread.

And on a completely different note. Since We do have a @captain_bond in our midst who has also chosen Sean Connery in that very role (even though I seem to remember that Bond's military grade was commander but nevermind), I thought it might be fun to have a little quiz about the literary relationship between my character and James Bond. No google searches please.

(even though I seem to remember that Bond's military grade was commander but nevermind)
It was! The username was one I made back in 2006, or earlier, when I got my first PS3. A bit of mental gymnastics typical of a scatterbrained teenager led to the possibility that, if Bond had stayed on in the military (the Royal Navy in particular), he would have gotten promoted. I still enjoy a ban- and trouble-free status on that particular PSN account.

That would also discourage, people jumping off between stations. Seems reasonable to me.

It would be helpful if everyone made clear their Passport name and nationality in our PM threads, otherwise I will assume it matches your character description in the character thread.

I added my passport information for Leonard to his Character Biography.

Mine would be unchanged in that regard. Charles is a relatively new SIS agent, so the need for covers (or at least fake names) and disguises isn't as urgent at the moment.

200.gif

@captain_bond I can't wait for @MsBloom to respond! I'm excited to see Charles back!

This especially: He raised the glass in a silent toast towards Jane's general direction, wondering who it was she was talking to, before downing the rest of it in three long swallows.

It tells me he's saying "We have business to finish." LOL! I love it. ;)

Well to be fair, they literally do, although both meanings certainly apply here.

Chuckles evilly....

Leo just told her he's a broke workman, so I'm sure he just shot his chances in the foot. Unless Jane decides to invite him along as she addresses what the needs of the more well-heeled gentleman requires. (cough, cough)

Oooo...drama! I like drama.

There might be an opportunity for a bet over whether the bartender or Vodka Martini wins in a game of fisticuffs!

giphy.gif

Let me check my compass....oh damn yes Eastbound, I will fix. Good thing I'm not actually driving.

Back
Top Bottom