Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Orient Express OOC Thread

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Main Thread
Orient Express Character Profiles

Map of Europe 1936
1936 Wikipedia
What Happened in 1936
A History of the Orient Express

Schedule (for our purposes)

ArrivalApproximate Travel TimeArrival Time
Strasbourg, France​
4:3600:06 Thursday
Karlsruhe, Germany​
2:1803:54 Thursday
Stuttgart, Germany​
2:1806:12 Thursday
Munich, Germany​
4:3610:18 Thursday
Vienna, Austria​
11:3022:15 Thursday
Budapest, Hungary7:105:25 Friday
Belgrade, Yugoslavia13:0718:32 Friday
Constantinople, Turkey (Istanbul)24:0818:40 Saturday

Last edited:
A brilliant date, and perhaps an even more brilliant reason for the necessity of a more specific time and date of departure. I was more concerned with whether or not Jane would wake up to a warm or a cold room, having slept in the nude as she had.

I think Leo is oblivious to a lot of these political things. They're happening around him, but aside from how they might affect his business (increasing sales for military applications, perhaps) he'll be surprised once the intrigue and such seeps into the happenings on the train.

By the time we leave the Paris station all of the current characters should be onboard, right? So that cleverly leaves the night for 'something' to happen.

Also, I found this interesting site while researching where the bathrooms were on the train. Turns out that toilets are located at the end of the cars. No showers, unfortunately.

There are some excellent starting posts, I'm not a stickler for posting order so if you encounter another player, don't be afraid to interact. I'm going to hold off until probably tomorrow night to give everyone a chance to introduce their characters before moving the train out of the station.

Don't be afraid to nudge me if you need an NPC or something along those lines.

Oh.... @xavierrol - Nice post! I liked the descriptions of the events that surround the train's brief and efficient stop in Paris. Now Leo is going to be tempted to go get a drink now that the train is back in full motion.

Who else are we waiting to board? Are @Queen Trish and @Sensual planning on boarding later on the route?

Oh.... @xavierrol - Nice post! I liked the descriptions of the events that surround the train's brief and efficient stop in Paris. Now Leo is going to be tempted to go get a drink now that the train is back in full motion.

Who else are we waiting to board? Are @Queen Trish and @Sensual planning on boarding later on the route?
Thank you, I'm hoping I'm not beyond my skill on this one but we shall see.

As for waiting, well I waited an extra day and figured we would keep going. I think it is still possible for someone to emerge from their compartment without having written their entrance, or they can always join us at the next stop. I'll try to strike a balance between giving everyone time to make quality responses, but keep the story moving, a train in the station just isn't that much fun.

I've listed some NPC who will be introduced over time, or you can seek them out where one might expect them on the train. Really just out there to use for filler, I do hope most of the interaction is between players.

I do hope my starter was okay. I was under the impression that we have a sort of unspoken agreement that using period-specific language, mannerisms, and thought processes--such as assuming a short-haired woman who wore more masculine clothing was a lesbian, as well as the word being capitalized--were used to enhance the atmosphere and feel of the whole thing, not because we actually believe or feel a certain way?

I think your post was spot on for the times! Your character might assume something similar, or at the very least that she was someone like Amelia Earhart; strong-willed and somewhat opinionated.

I was thinking of bringing Leo to the Lounge about 15 minutes after they left the station for a night cap. I'll probably be posting that tonight, since it looks like everyone who has been around has had a chance to post.

@captain_bond I saw that Aleksander had noticed the flapper, Estella, and spoke to her, asking if all was well.

So I went ahead and placed Leo arriving just as Alek turned to speak to her, and Leo is sliding into the bar behind him to order a drink. Hopefully I read that right.

BY my reckoning in the Lounge we have my character Leonard, Aleksander the count, and Estella.

In the Dining Car we have Charles and Jane.

@Shiva the Cat @MsBloom @Vinaein @xavierro - can you all check and see if that summary is accurate?

It is helpful for people to list up front on their posts where their character is.

Good point - I went and amended my post to say where Leonard is.

Those headers are a great tool!

I will add the Train's location to my posts. The rest of you should focus on which carriage or car you are on in the train itself. I think that will help.

I think we are still a small enough group to keep this in a single IC thread, but we may consider more if there is a need for a longer, drawn out scene behind closed doors. Which I hope will eventually become necessary. But I kind of like the feeling of limited space, which is sort of what we have on a train.

Oh shoot, we’ve started? 😨 Sorry guys, I haven’t been feeling well the last couple days, I’ll write up a reply soon

Back
Top Bottom