Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Amaya closed the door behind herself after she entered, moving to stand beside Matsunaga as he spoke with Shingen.

"I'm told you have a traitor hiding down in your cells." Matsunaga said. Shingen gave a nod.
"Yes, and no. She's assumed to be one, but she refuses to give any information. And because of it, I'm beginning to think that perhaps she isn't."
"Perhaps," Matsunaga replied, "but perhaps she's trying to maintain loyalty."

Amaya had a soft frown as she listened to the information, knowing it would probably be something Masamune would want to hear of. He hadn’t asked of Megohime per se, but he had been curious to know just what they knew of Masamune and his plans so far.

"Would you be offended if I tried my hand?" Matsunaga asked. Shingen frowned, knowing Matsunaga and how he operated.
"Only a little." Shingen answered, "Because I fear for her life after you go to "try your hand"."

Amaya had no obligation to protect Megohime, no obligation to protect Masamune, only their confidentiality. She wasn’t their body guard, she was a hit for hire, and as far as she was concerned, Masamune was her boss, not Megohime. She clasped her hands behind her back and kept silent, not caring either way if Matsunaga went to interrogate her.

Shingen noticed her sudden shift but didn't comment on it.
"If you think you can get information from her, you may proceed."
"Thank you. I will do my best to be...civil...with her."

Amaya was uncomfortable at the thought of Matsunaga putting his skills to the test on anyone. She had experienced his work before- not firsthand - nor had she seen it with her own eyes, but the screams he was able to evoke from people made her fear of him run deep.

Last edited:
Amaya followed the two men down the hall, and eventually down to the basement of the school were the cells resided. One room was still occupied by Megohime, who had been sitting alone again for quite some time.

"You may go, Amaya. I hear Akihime is hiding here somewhere. Why don't you go and bond with her." Matsunaga instructed. It seemed he did not want Megohime to see her.

Amaya nodded and bowed her head slightly to Shingen and Matsunaga. “Of course, please excuse me then.” She said, taking her leave.

Shingen frowned faintly, as if picking up on something, before unlocking Megohime's cell. Matsunaga strode in without a word and Shingen sealed it behind him.

Megohime’s slouched body twitched as she heard the familiar sound of the cell opening and closing, always locking after. She struggled to pick her head up, fixing her tired gaze on the man who had entered. She didn’t recognize him at all, it not being Mitsunari this time, but an older man.

Megohime scowled softly, the best she could muster in her tired state. “You seem to already know the answer.. why bother asking..?”

He could see the sorry state Mitsunari had left her in; missing eye, battered face, and a broken arm, but something about the way she talked showed she was still rather there mentally. “I’ve already told you, I don’t know of any plans!”

“I’m not lying!” She protested. “I’ve said the same thing to the bastard before me, why do you think that sending in someone else will change that..?!”

Megohime didn’t notice in the slightest, already wearing many seals to keep her own cursed technique sealed, she barely felt his own activate. He could see his technique activate, her eye starting to fill with veins, the white of her eye becoming more and more bloodshot the longer she held his gaze. “What difference does that make? I’ve already told you, Masamune isn’t planning anything! He hasn’t told me anything!”

Last edited:
"My dear, there isn't a thing on this earth you can keep from me." He swung out to strike her, his hand connecting with her cheek with the force of a train; but in reality he hadn't moved an inch.

Megohime was hit so hard she felt her jaw break, being tossed halfway across the room still tied to the chair.
Megohime suddenly let out a scream of agony, eye widening more, blotches of red slowly consuming the white of her eye.

Back
Top Bottom