Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Jin nodded. “I don’t know if he’ll return, I turned him down outright, and he seemed rather angry.”

“How would he come to this?” She frowned. “Why kill only humans?” The thought was a disturbing one, especially since she had only until recently become a human.

She nodded, a soft frown on her face, a strong feeling in her gut that he was indeed very serious, and it was no joke at all.

He kissed her forehead gently and pet her cheeks with his thumbs, "I'm almost done with my grading and we can head back, ok? I'll make some tea."

Megohime was fixing her makeup in her compact, looking up when he spoke. “Of course, what is it?” She asked, closing the mirror and putting it back into her bag.

Megohime nodded, her expression growing serious. “You only need to ask, you know that.” She said softly. “Whoever it is, I’ll bring them to you.”

“A runaway, or a shrine maiden?” She asked, raising an eyebrow, feeling a pant of jealousy in her chest.

Megohime gave a nod. She hardly wanted anyone else around Masamune, but he needed more sorcerers on his side, it wasn’t about what she wanted. “Do you want me to bring her back here?”

The thought of another woman staying under Masamune’s roof made the hair on the back of her neck stand on end, jealous rage flashing briefly in her eyes. She only nodded in compliance. “Of course.” She reached out to cup his cheek. “Anything for you.”

Megohime knew he was right, but she still didn’t want to share him, not even his house. She didn’t want his eye to wander, or for him to pay attention to anyone else, only her. “I know, I know..” She muttered.

Her eyes widened slightly, realizing how she was acting. “No, no! It isn’t your loyalty!” She said quickly. “I know that you would never betray me, Masamune, but I can’t trust other people- especially other sorcerers..!”

"But yet it still comes down to me." He said, pulling his hand away, "Any attempt made to sway my affection from you is ultimately decided by me. Do I stay with my beautiful, loyal, loving Megohime? Or do I trade her in for a newer love? Perhaps there is someone out there better than you. It wounds me to see you think me so weak willed."

Megohime felt her heart squeeze in her chest, tears almost being brought to her eyes. This was worse than him being angry and yelling at her. “Please forgive my words.” She said softly. “It’s not you who is weak willed. Please let me make it up to you. I’ll bring you Akihime, no matter what.”

Back
Top Bottom