Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

“I missed you too.” She said softly.
“Ah, Katakura-dono, when you’re done, please see me.” It was someone from the school, looking nervous.

The man stood outside the room, clearing his throat. “Sir, while the doctors ran some tests, we’ve discovered that when Jin-dono woke, she had-” He looked uncomfortable. “Well, she had developed cursed energy, and according to our records, she hadn’t had it previously.”

He nodded, adjusting his glasses. “Her levels seem to be gradually increasing, almost like you’d see in a young sorcerer over time. It isn’t harmful to her, and we haven’t seen any adverse affect, but we would like your permission to move her to the school grounds. We would be able to keep supervision of her better that way.”

He really would rather keep her home. He didn't want to go and make decisions for her.
"Let me speak to her about it. It isn't my right to make choices for her."

The man seemed hesitant about the idea that they wouldn’t be bringing Jin back to the school. “Of course, we don’t wish any harm upon Jin-dono, we simply want to make sure nothing falls upon her- you must understand how unusual these circumstances are.”

"Yes, I am very aware. And though she is my wife, it's her choice. I'll explain to her and give you her answer. Please excuse me." He said andbowed before he moved back into Jin's room.

Jin was still sitting in bed, turning to look at Kojurou when he came back into the room. “Is everything alright?” She asked.

He nodded and moved to sit beside her.
"So...one of the managers from my school has come to me and has informed me that in your curse enduced sleep, you have developed your own cursed energy." He began, "And he wanted to bring you to the school for examination. But I wanted to leave that decision to you, as it isn't mine to make."

Jin nodded as she listened to him explain, a soft frown on her face. She had some knowledge of cursed energy and the existence of curses, but she wasn’t born with cursed energy. “Alright.” She nodded again. “I trust your judgement, and if you think these people are reputable, I will oblige.” She said.

He nodded, "If they start doing anything that makes you uncomfortable, please let me know and I'll take you home." He told her, holding her hand.

Jin nodded, squeezing his hand lightly. “I will, I trust in you.” She reached up with her other hand and cupped his cheek. “I married an honorable man.”

She smiled softly, not realizing how much she enjoyed their talks. Her time asleep felt like mere moments, yet at the same time, an eternity.

"I'll go tell him you've agreed, and when you're well enough, we'll go to the school." He told her gently, "I have so much time to make up for, I'm a little jealous that I won't get to do it right away."

“You’ll have to tell me what you’ve been up to all this time.” She joked lightly, though in truth, it did make her sad at how long she had been cursed, taken from her family.

Jin’s cheeks flushed lightly and she smiled. “I would really like that.” She said softly.

Masamune’s phone buzzed, a message from Megohime.
“Something big has come up, can we meet up tonight?”

“See you tonight.”
Megohime arrived just like she said she would, just after four thirty, and Masamune could tell something especially interesting happened with how she looked.
“You’ll never believe it, I almost didn’t when Kojurou told me- his wife has woken up.”

Megohime shook her head. “Was.” She corrected. “She was a human. I didn’t hear much, but she’s woken with cursed energy, and it’s growing rapidly. They want to bring her to the school for observation.”

Back
Top Bottom