Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

He perked up at the idea of strengthening their current rank of sorcerers, as they were so few in number, it was important that each one counted. “Of course!” He said enthusiastically. “I would be honored to help you, Akihime!”

Yukimura cocked his head to the side in confusion, raising an eyebrow. “What do you mean? If it’s from you, Akihime, surely the idea can’t be that bad.” He joked.

Yukimura stared at her in confusion, blinking as his smile faded. “Cull the weaker sorcerers..?” He repeated, like he didn’t understand.

Yukimura stared at Akihime in horror, looking around as if to make sure they weren’t being overheard. “Akihime, kill the low grade sorcerers? Why?”

Mitsunari was a lower grade than her, though if he worked hard enough, he could easily surpass her. And she just couldn't allow that.
"We don't need them...we can adapt to become stronger if they're gone...higher grades will be born outright.."

Yukimura shook his head again, brows furrowed, but he didn’t look angry, just concerned. “Akihime.. but killing them..?” He frowned. “Is that necessary..?”

He looked even more confused now. “Akihime..” He could understand where she was coming from, only wanting the strong as to not have to watch the weak die, but was killing the only answer?

"I know...how bad it sounds..." She looked up at him and her eyes showed him the torrent of emotions she was going through, "But it's for the best. There's no other way to make sorcerers stronger faster. Training takes years, decades! Curses are only getting stronger the longer we take to adapt!"

Yukimura knew it was true, that there were far too little sorcerers left in the modern world, that they were sending children out to fight. He couldn’t look Akihime in the eye, for he was apart of the problem, reaching children about curses and how to defeat them in preparations for their death. He hung his head in his hands, thinking over when Akihime told him. “Not.. Not the children..” He said softly. “If we do this, it can’t be the children we cull..”

Her heart broke, she knew how deeply he cared for them, "Of course...you have my word.." She assured, "I would never put such a heavy burden on you like that, Yukimura.."

“I too, want a world where we don’t have to have children fight our battles, where curses are the minority, and are destroyed with ease..” He clenched his fist, looking up at Akihime. His eyes were sad, but he could see the conviction behind them. “I want to help. I want to protect my students from suffering..”

"We will, Yukmura..." She cupped his face gently, smiling softly, "We'll forge a better world for them, where they won't have to fear their next mission, or worry if they'll see their next birthday. You and I will do everything for them so they no longer have to."

Yukimura put his hand over Akihime’s, nodding his head. “What is it that you want me to do..?” He asked softly. “How can I help you..?”

"We'll have to find others, those who share in our new vision. We're both powerful, but it'll be a difficult task for just the two of us." She replied gently.

Yukimura nodded firmly, knowing this would be a difficult task to complete. “Do we have anyone in mind this far?”

Yukimura nodded. “What about Shingen? Surely if we explained to him your plan, he would understand.”

Yukimura frowned, the idea of Akihime’s possible execution one he hadn’t considered. “Let me think on it.. it’s a big risk to take.”

Yukimura held her tightly, hugging her like he was afraid to let go of her. “You could never.” He said softly.

Back
Top Bottom