Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Megohime still had to cough up what was caught in her throat and mouth, but she was quickly feeling less ill. “Thank you..” Now she only felt ashamed and embarrassed, but she still pushed herself up off the ground, unbuttoning her uniform jacket. “I can still fight..”

Megohime stopped, fingers hovering over the buttons of her jacket, eyes on the ground. “Y-Yeah..” She said in a soft whisper, shame making her face flush with embarrassment. She was weak, pathetically weak, it was clear to her, and obvious to Masamune.

"M...More!!" The curse suddenly burst forward, hand outstretched, before it was suddenly...missing. It looked confused before seeing its hand on the ground.
"Didn't I say shut up?" Masamune hissed, eye glittering with cursed energy.

Last edited:
Megohime watched Masamune, and though he hadn’t moved at all, somehow an attack had landed on the curse. Clutching her coat closed with her good hand, she sat on the ground beside him. She didn’t dare make a move to help him, knowing now he didn’t need her help at all.

"Wh...Where...? How...?"
"Oh, you can talk." Masamune was suddenly in front of it and grabbed it by its head, "Interesting. Shame you won't be talking much longer."

He was amazing, Megohime could barely keep her eyes on him, either he was moving incredibly fast, or he was blinking to other locations, regardless Masamune was like a whole different person.

"Let's see if there's anything under all these hands." He stated and the curse swung at him with its other hand, but Masamune was gone again.
"Osoi." Masamune was mocking it now; he stood behind it, looking bored as his hands were back in their pockets, "You'll just tire yourself out at this point." The curse turned and swung again, but now that hand had been cut off as soon as Megohime blinked her eyes.
"Now what will you do?" Masamune asked.

He didn’t have any blades of any kind, Megohime had never seen Masamune carry a weapon outside of weapons training in school, yet he was cutting through the curse like it was hot butter. She understood now, and if she wasn’t already sitting on the ground, she would’ve fallen to her knees; Masamune was simply so far out of reach she hadn’t even seen it.

"Megohime," He called, his eye swirling like the milky way, "Should I peel it like an orange? Or a potato?"
"N...No...! Not...peel!!"

Megohime flinched at the question, looking to Masamune, then to the curse. She didn’t want to make it suffer, but she felt voicing such an opinion wouldn’t go over well. “An orange.” She said almost numbly; she didn’t feel too bad though, it had killed three of her shiki.

The curse looked panicked, but instead of running, it opted to charge at Masamune.
"Orange it is." Masamune said and suddenly rushed at the curse, ripping off one of the many hands covering its body.

Megohime watched in silence, thinking of what would come next; she’d need to replace her Shikigami, her arm was broken and possibly her ribs- for the first time since becoming a sorcerer, she felt completely helpless.

She watched Masamune fight as if she were out of her own body, he tore the curse apart without even touching it. How? Was his technique that powerful?

It didn’t take very long for the curse to be in pieces on the ground, body disintegrating away like black ash in the wind.

Megohime sat in the silence that enveloped them, slowly getting to her feet, well too aware of how loud her small noises sounded in the deafening silence. “Masamune, I..”

Megohime felt like she was the next curse caught in his sight, about to be torn apart. “M-My shikigami, it was too fast and I didn’t want to destroy anymore..”

He stopped in front of her and his hand came out of his pocket, but instead of hitting her he put his hand on her head, "I'm sorry to hear that. That's more pain you have to endure. I'm sorry for dragging you into this."

Megohime felt her stomach drop when he reached for her, but when all he did was put his hand on her head and apologize, tears started flowing from her eyes freely. “I wanted to come here with you, I chose this as much as you did.” She said softly, the loss of her Shikigami the main source of her tears, the other being relieved he wasn’t that angry with her.

Megohime nodded, wiping her tears away quickly. “I’ll dispel the curtain.” She said, taking only a moment before it slowly started to lower, allowing the sunlight back inside the old building.

Megohime shook her head. “I think it’s just my arm and ribs that are broken, but I can make it back to the school for that.” She said, then glanced at him. “It’s an obvious answer, but are you alright?”

Back
Top Bottom