Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Megohime blinked, they only had a list of small fry around the area, nothing of anything any harder. “Big game?” She rose an eyebrow. “We don’t know where any are.”

“As if!” She was right behind him, linking her arm with his. “You’re the one that’s always hanging back when we deal with curses, I figured you were scared~” She teased.

A dark look passed over his face and she thought for sure he would reprimand her but he just gave an amused smirk.
"Maybe I am. You are quite powerful."

Megohime was unsettled by the dark look on his face, glad it was replaced with a smirk soon after. “A close second here.” She could feel that she had misspoken, heart squeezing with dread at the idea she had offended him.

“I wouldn’t be able to say that’s a fair statement, you hardly use your technique, so I’ve never seen what you can really do.” Megohime said, and it was the truth, he never talked about or demonstrated his abilities, preferring to use it minimally.

“Not for me, it kills me that I’ve seen like barely half of your cursed technique, and you’ve seen mine a thousand times!” Megohime pointed out. “It kills me wanting to know!”

Megohime felt her heart flutter again, the thought of his praise after earning the right to see his cursed technique? It excited her greatly.

They walked around for a little while before Masamune's gaze landed on an old warehouse, "There." He said, "There's a curse in there we can deal with. Should be fun."

Megohime nodded, a bit nervous, but the idea of crushing another curse almost tantalizing. “Should we set up a curtain?” She asked, looking to Masamune.

Megohime nodded, and once they were close enough, she worked on setting up the curtain. Once it was in place, she looked to Masamune with a mischievous smile. “Ready?”

Megohime nodded and entered the curtain, at the front entrance of the warehouse, which sat empty with an ominous darkness just inside. She turned to look for Masamune, but found she was now inside the warehouse itself, standing on a catwalk over old machinery.

Megohime was no longer there, despite entering the curtain mere seconds before him. A heavy feeling of malice hung over him, feeling like he was being watched from all angles, yet he saw and heard nothing.

Megohime felt like she had gone miles, walking along catwalks and down stairs, feeling like it was never ending. Her hawk had already curled twice before returning to her, finding no sight of Masamune or the curse. It wasn’t an issue, she’d simply look for the curse as she made her way back toward where she had left Masamune.

Megohime sent her hawk off again, still trying to locate Masamune’s position, a soft frown on her face. It was strange how she hadn’t found him yet- if he was inside the curtain, her Shiki would’ve been able to spot him, but it was almost like he wasn’t there.

Megohime couldn’t even scream as she was sent flying through the air, having no breath left after having the air forced from her lungs. She barely had the time to release her Tiger Shikigami, clutching to its back as it brought her to the ground safely, quickly staggering to her feet as she gasped in air, looking around for the enemy that had attacked her.

Back
Top Bottom