Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

“I suppose in the same way that you pass for one.” Nana said calmly, but her displeasure was clear on her face, holding out a hand to stop Motochika where he was.

A tempertantrum was sure to follow from that statement, Mitsunari's face turning red.
"I come from a long line of prominent and powerful sorcerers!! You will not speak to me that way!!"

“You come from them, but you only follow behind them.” Nana didn’t flinch in the face of Mitsunari’s rage. “You lower their standards even now.”

A massive hand grabbed Mitsunari’s forearm, stopping him dead in his tracks, and holding him in place. It wasn’t Motochika who held him, but Nana, her frail frame expanding and growing to stand over Mitsunari. Her skin flushed a deep red, horns and fangs sprouting from her head and mouth. Beside her, Motochika in turn had started to shrink, skin changing color to that of a humans, horns disappearing into his head, and fangs shrinking. His form had become more human like, and Nana’s more oni like, as if the two had switched bodies entirely.

"Wh-What the...hell...?" Motochika looked tired as well as confused, but Mitsunari didn't falter for a moment. He made a symbol with his hands and a massive shisa dog launched from the shadows, biting hard into Nana's arm.

Nana’s grey eyes, which now had rings of gold in them shift to look at the dog latched onto her arm. Keeping her hold on Mitsunari, she reached with her other hand to grab the dog by the scruff of its neck. The coat she wore tore down the back as her size slowly increased, her appearance becoming more and more like a demon. “Back.. off..” It seemed a struggle for Nana to talk behind the mouthful of fangs, an angry sneer distorting her face, the purple hue now completely taking over her skin, streaks of white moving through her hair like snakes.

Nana’s eyes briefly flickered over to Motochika, then back again once more, shocked to see him in a more humanoid form. “Don’t know..” Blood splattered onto the floor in heavy drops from the dogs teeth tearing further into her arm, but the pain was dulled. With effort, she lifted Mitsunari- and his Shikigami still attached to her arm -off the ground, pulling him closer to snarl into his face. “Back..! Off..!”

Nana ground her teeth, more blood spilling to the floor from the dog mauling her arm. Mitsunari felt Nana’s grip tighten on his arm, his bones aching with the pressure.

Nana felt guilt when she felt Motochika’s small hands on her, slowly letting go of Mitsunari and letting him drop to the floor.

The shisa dog vanished and Mitsunari held his arm, looking enraged and panicked. "You both should be killed!! Neither of you deserve to live!!"

Nana suddenly felt heavy, sinking to her knees and breathing heavily. Slowly her body shrunk in size, the peach hue returning to her skin, and the fangs and horns disappearing into her head and mouth.

Motochika returned to his imposing size and moved toward Mitsunari. "Leave." He snarled, the lights in his sockets burning a soft red. Mitsunari gnashed his teeth and picked himself up before running away. Motochika turned to Nana, looking worried.
"Daijoubou...?"

Nana cradled one arm in her lap, the flesh of her forearm mangled and bloody. “I think so… I don’t know what happened, how-how I did that..”

Nana nodded, slowly the pain coming back as the adrenaline wore off, leaving the deep wound on her arm burning with pain.

“What punishment?” Nana sounded a bit prickly, a soft scowl on her face as she looked up at Motochika. “He attacked us first.”

“So-So what..?” Nana clenched her jaw hard, fighting her tears of anger- she knew Motochika was right. They would probably take his word over hers, but she wasn’t just about to toss Motochika to the wolves.

“No, I don’t need you taking my punishments for me.” Nana said firmly, frowning still

Back
Top Bottom