Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

“Motochika.” Nana said quietly. “They’re more likely to kill you than they are me. Let me protect you, it’s the only way I can.”

It took half an hour of healing and stitches before Nana was discharged from the infirmary, arm wrapped up and sore beyond belief, but there wouldn’t be any lasting damage to her arm, maybe some scarring.

Motochika stood before Shingen and explained what had happened, even as Mitsunari screamed over him to have him exorcised.
"He will not be exorcised, Mitsunari. He is bound to Nana, we don't know what will happen to her if he is lost."
"We don't need either of them!!" Mitsunari argued angrily, "She's from a no name family anyway!!"
Motochika clenched his fists tightly, lights turning red, but he held himself in place.

The insult didn’t seem to bother Nana at all, standing beside Motochika after having joining him. She had caught most of Mitsunari’s outbursts, but she simply chose to not engage them. She was still boggles by what had happened to her; her form changing, something that had never happened, something she didn’t even know she could do.

"Mitsunari, for instigating the fight, you will be suspended from missions for the next eight weeks." Shingen said. Mitsunari looked angry and offended.
"Eight weeks?!"
"Nana and Motochika will be suspended from missions for four weeks."

Nana only nodded numbly, only half listening to Shingen, her mind elsewhere- on what had happened to her physically. She in essence had become a curse, but she was human, wasn’t she?

Nana looked up to Motochika before giving him a nod. She was exhausted after everything that had happened, some rest would do her good.

He walked out with her after bowing respectfully to Shingen and he exhaled, "I want to rip that snobby kid in half." He growled lowly.

“Mitsunari isn’t my favorite either..” Nana cradled her injured arm gently as they walked. “But he’s a capable sorcerer.” That’s all he was though, outside of his talent as a sorcerer, he was a poor human being.

"Capable is a bit of a stretch." He snorted, "I heard that despite being the first born, his family shikigami chose his younger sister over him."

Nana frowned softly. “Akihime-dono was blessed with a great talent, traditions shouldn’t be what hold her back.”

"I didn't imply Aki was incapable, she has a unique technique and it will only make her a stronger sorcerer as she grows older. But Mitsunari is half the sorcerer she is, if not less." He said.

Nana couldn’t disagree, the young woman was very capable compared to her brother, but Mitsunari wasn’t someone to scoff at, and his technique certainly wasn’t second rate.

Summer break finally had arrived, bringing a break from schoolwork, but not missions. Megohime was happy to get to relax a bit more, not a fan of the heat nor the bugs that it brought.

Masamune, unsurprisingly, was sent with her on missions since he was at the same grade and ability level as her. Couldn't risk an under classman to go with her on the tougher exorcisms.

Megohime didn’t mind, she enjoyed the time out with Masamune by herself- sometimes finding herself imagining they were out on a date together. It made her happy to be with him, and it showed with how quickly she dealt with curses, showing them no mercy as to end the mission as quickly as she could, lest they steal anymore time from her.

He would praise her every time, without fail. She almost lived off it, she had never experienced such pure positive reinforcement even from her parents.

Her parents- while expected greatness from her, never actually praised her when she produced good results -so when Masamune did, her heart soared. She loved his praise, it made her heart race and her face flush from excitement, always eager to earn more.

They were on another mission, and Masamune didn't have to do much while Megohime and her powerful shikigami killed everything. He stood with his hands in his pockets, smirking softly once she was done.
"Iine, Megohime." He praised coolly.

Megohime was an open book, turning to look at him with a satisfied smile and a flushed face like always, looking at Masamune with admiration and desire; he could see she was hungry for more praise. She let her Shikigami return to her arm before rolling her sleeve down and moving over to him. “These curses are nothing, it’s like training at the school- they only let us handle weak ones.” She boasted as she stopped in front of him.

Back
Top Bottom