Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

“You’re a terrible influence.” She pointed out. “And you throw a fit if I don’t bring you food.”

“I’m not religious.” Amaya contemplated smoking another cigarette, but decided otherwise.

“You’re..” She felt her face flush. “Y-You’re my.. friend…” Amaya barely muttered the last word, face hot.

“Akihime says that good spirits should always be cherished and befriended or whatever.” She scratched the back of her head bashfully. “And though you’re rotten sometimes… you aren’t all bad.”

“Yeah… I gotta get back before I’m noticed, probably try and sleep.” She let out a sigh and looked to him.

Amaya nodded and headed down the mountain path, looking forward to getting even a few minutes of sleep before she had to get up for the day ahead.

Nana and Motochika still lived on the school grounds despite Nana having graduated years ago. She decided to not return to her family estate, and rather live in the dorms with Motochika.

Nana too had gotten better at cursed energy control, and at times would feel a strong tether to Motochika, almost physical. Her physical strength didn’t improve much on account of her health, but Motochika covered her weaknesses.

Nana nodded, feeling to have a bit more energy than usual. “Yeah, I feel good today, so we should be able to do a bit more today.”

He nodded, "Let's go." When they trained together, he tried to move not only as his own being but as an extension of Nana. They shared cursed energy, after all. He tried to preempt what she wanted him to do without her having to ask him. It was difficult, but rewarding.

As much cursed energy as she had, Nana still had to make sure she was regulating Motochika’s output. He no longer let loose, but the opposite was just as true, Nana had to ensure she didn’t push too much through hun either. It was physically and mentally draining.

Motochika felt cursed energy surge into his body like liquid fire through his veins. “Let’s try to push the limit again, I need to be able to last in combat, we need to push for longer.”

Nana nodded and offered a smile. “If I don’t try calling we won’t get stronger.”

He nodded and she felt some of her energy drain from her before he rushed at the combat dummies across from them, destroying them with ease.

She was confident Motochika would have enough control to keep her from dying, ever since the incident years ago, he hadn’t lost control even for a second.

Back
Top Bottom