Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Amaya never really studied the bullet holes she put in people, but of course Matsunaga would. “Is that all? I should return back to the school before sun up.”

Amaya turned and headed through the doorway of his trophy room toward the front door, glad to be getting away from Matsunaga. Any time spent with him was far too much.

She went where her feet carried her, which was, funnily enough, the temple Sasuke was bound to. He watched her from behind his fan, eyes judgemental as usual.
"You reek." He pointed out.

“Yeah?” Amaya was already digging through her pockets for her cigarettes and lighter. “Wait.” She shot him a glance as she stuck a cigarette in her mouth.

She lit the cigarette and took a long drag before exhaling the smoke in his direction. “Nothing particularly interesting.” She dug into her pocket again and produced a bag of assorted candies, tossing it to Sasuke.

He caught it and stared at it before he seemed to calm down. Even a small trivial offering was an appreciated one.
"You smell like death..." He said softly.

Amaya stole a glance at Sasuke, studying the way his face softened with the tone of his voice as he looked at the corner store candy in his hand. “Yeah..” She couldn’t look at him any longer, bringing the cigarette back up to her lips. “I had a job tonight.”

“Don’t really get hired for much else.” She answered honestly, knowing it would do no good to lie to him.

“It’s what I’m good at.” Amaya said behind her cigarette, watching the tip glow red as she took a drag.

“Sasuke.” She said sternly. “Sorcerers are good at few things in this world now; exorcising and killing.” Amaya used the bottom of her boot to snuff out her cigarette.

A look of horror and disbelief crossed Amaya’s face, her eyes flashing with anger as she took a step back from him. “That isn’t funny even as a joke.”

Amaya glared at him, the back of her neck tingling with irritation. “I don’t know why it matters to you what I do.”

Amaya’s cheeks flushed a bit, feeling embarrassed about his statement. “I won’t..” She muttered.

“You’re just a dusty old man squatting in a shrine, what are you going to do to keep me morally pure?” She turned so her back was to him, heart pounding at the clear concern and affection he was showing for her.

Back
Top Bottom