Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Yukimura took her hand gratefully, taking her offer to be helped up off the ground with a groan of pain. “It feels like one of Oyakata-sama’s punches..” He muttered.

“I don’t think much can.” Yukimura responded with a chuckle, walking with Akihime back through the tunnel, though a bit stiffly from the pain he was in.

Yukimura had to lean on Akihime some as they went. “Just until the pain subsides a bit.” He wheezed.

Masamune’s burner phone chirped with a new message, an image of a dead sorcerer, the target he had given Amaya. He had been clearly shot in the head, the image assuredly proof of her kill. It didn’t take her too long to make her way back to him home, mainly to collect the remainder of her payment, a small duffel bag in hand.

“Jobs done, I have more proof if you need it, but I’d rather just be paid so I can leave.” Amaya didn’t care if he was impressed or not, she did her job and did it effectively, she wasn’t there to win any favors, only to be paid.

Amaya once again, thumbed through the money, and once she was satisfied, she pocketed the envelope and headed for the door. “Sure.” She waved over her shoulder before seeing herself out, taking home her cash, and her prize.

Amaya took her time returning home, taking the train home. She usually lives in the dorms on campus, but would occasionally return to the home of her adoptive father Matsunaga Hisehide.

He never really left his home, he was a bit of a shut in. The income for the house came from Amaya's impressive skill of being a hired gun.

Though the house they lived in was supported using Amaya’s money, Matsunaga was in no way destitute. The house was his families home, large and old, but in good condition. She never pried into his affairs though, only knew that he had once been a skilled sorcerer that had retired young. It was always kept immaculate by the house keepers that would come in to care for the home, which almost seemed like it only stored items, but did house Matsunaga.

She was never allowed to touch any of the items in the house, not that she ever wanted to, finding the old collectors items to be far to outdated for her taste. “Matsunaga.” She hated having to search the large manor for him, but if she didn’t give him the prize she took from her job, he’d be sure to lecture her.

Amaya didn’t know if it bugged her or not that Matsunaga was using her for profit, not like he needed to with how much money she knew he had. “Yeah.” She shifted her weight from foot to foot, waiting for the man to appear from somewhere within the house.

Amaya frowned softly, his dissatisfaction showing clearly on her face as she held out the duffel bag. She didn’t have an issue bringing heads home for Matsunaga, it was just another task to be completed for her work, she just found the way he acted about it unsavory.

Amaya followed him silently to his room, glancing around at the other trophies he already had. “You get upset if I don’t.” She said quietly, hands in her pockets. She only really cared for the money, everything else meant nothing to her, it was all just a part of the job in her mind.

There were heads upon heads upon heads in jars in his trophy room, from floor to ceiling wall to wall.
"Can you blame me? What parent wouldn't be upset to be forgotten by their child?"

Amaya had no response to that, simply glancing around at the jars in the room. Most of them were provided by Matsunaga himself, a handful of them from her own kills- her kills distinguishable by the single bullet hole on the forehead of the severed heads.

“The same as a regular gun.” She remarked, hating the feeling of being in that room, like every head pickled in there were cursing whoever entered the room.

Back
Top Bottom