Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

I did manage one more post of being inside the ship at the rescue. The post kind of reflects how the whole scene went for me. It happened around me, while I felt fixed in time.

For those of you who don't know, I basically work two jobs. So posting can be hard for me. I try to write when I'm on my lunch break and post it when I get home. It doesn't always happen. The post I just put up, I actually did today on lunch. I work full time at The Home Depot. Yeah. The place with all the tools and heavy cans of paint. lol. The rest of my time seems to be spent helping my family. This year I have only had three days off. That means three days where I didn't go to work and my family didn't need me. Three days. Not in a month. For the whole year. I love my job, and I love my family, but my time is stretched between so much. I'm not telling you this to make you feel sorry for me. Not at all. You're understanding, on the other hand, is something I really need. Every time I would look at the thread, I got ideas for what I wanted to do with Greta, but then I didn't write, for whatever reason, and the thread kept moving. So I don't hold that against anybody. Time moves on. Just please be understanding if I take a while to post. Thanks.
I feel like I should apologize for letting things take off. We don't do many large group scenes and I don't feel I handled this one well. As you know, most of our scenes are pretty small groups so there is more give and take and a slower pace. I fully understand, and will try to keep a better pace as we try to introduce other group scenes. So please be patient with me as we experience our growing pains. I'll try to keep the pace to give everyone their opportunities in the future.

@LeaT . It's okay. Really. You know I think you're doing a wonderful job running this rp. You take an active role, you listen, and you give great feedback.

I may have a day or two where I can reply more than once a day. If that happens, I'm probably finding myself with some free time on my hands for a few hours. lol. All I ask if for understanding from everybody. That's it.

@LeaT I don't mind either option though leaning towards option 2. I'm easy going with Theo he can go wherever he's needed to with the group. As AndNich123 has said you and everyone has been doing a fantastic job in this rp so no worries with me. Happy with whatever we decide to do :D

I'm very sorry as well if I moved things along too fast! I definitely would've slowed it down if I knew there were people interested in the rescue. It would've given us time to get a feel for our characters. Looking back myself, I might've even liked to include the lake monster drama lol, especially since I think that could further motivate the Moltkes into not staying at the lake and would've allowed for more people to react/get involved, but I was feeling more pressure than not to just wrap up the rescue scene and avoid complications. I'm always happy to edit my posts as long as I'm made aware. I try to be as flexible as I can.

I guess Mike missed the boat so to speak.

Sorry I wasn't around last night or most of today since I had some obligations.

I'll just have Mike in the background I guess until they get to the colony.
@Shelob Mike was mentioned a few times helping Axel, so even if he's unconscious, Axel thanks him. xD

And I agree @LeaT is very on top of things.

I like Option #1 as it kinda gives everyone a chance to meet everybody. But, it seems like it can get messy.

Option #2 seems like a good compromise.

I think it would be a better way to create a group of faster posters - and who have time for this in the weekdays - to get their characters together for hashing it out.

The slower posters, or whoever has maybe only time to read posts in the workdays should be away doing something else, or just listen silently - that only needs one post from them all week...

I like Option #1 as it kinda gives everyone a chance to meet everybody. But, it seems like it can get messy.

Option #2 seems like a good compromise.
This is sort of my opinion as well. I think Option 2 is probably the better way to go.

@Shelob Mike was mentioned a few times helping Axel, so even if he's unconscious, Axel thanks him. xD
haha Glad Mike could help. If you wanted, we could say that Axel and Mike became friends during his time stuck on the Moltke Jupiter? I'm trying to find friends for him.

I think it would be a better way to create a group of faster posters - and who have time for this in the weekdays - to get their characters together for hashing it out.

The slower posters, or whoever has maybe only time to read posts in the workdays should be away doing something else, or just listen silently - that only needs one post from them all week...
Given your posting requirements, @AndNich123 and I will not be continuing our scene in Dr. Smith's Office as we likely won't be fast enough for you.

If you wanted, we could say that Axel and Mike became friends during his time stuck on the Moltke Jupiter? I'm trying to find friends for him.
You can say the same for Sani if you want with both younger guys, though Sani might have eyed up Axel's sisters a bit more than he might be comfortable with. I will try to include him more in our posts and am game for some night on the beach posting for a while.

Hey everyone. I hate making these kinds of posts, but I wanted to apologize for my lack of activity last week. I'm hoping to get caught up today, but I worry something may get lost in the backlog. If I don't respond to something you need one of my characters for, please let me know.

Also it seems our group has expanded quite a bit since I've been gone. Welcome to everyone! I look forward to writing with you all.

Given your posting requirements, @AndNich123 and I will not be continuing our scene in Dr. Smith's Office as we likely won't be fast enough for you.

I was purely saying it in a group, tell the newcomers the 'facts' kind of case. But you are, as always, free to stop a planned and started line of roleplaying. But it is not on me at this time either.

You can say the same for Sani if you want with both younger guys, though Sani might have eyed up Axel's sisters a bit more than he might be comfortable with. I will try to include him more in our posts and am game for some night on the beach posting for a while.
I would be happy to include Sani as one of Mike's new friends. Like I've said, I plan on Mike processing the "loss" of his wife far better than she has dealt with the "loss" of him so I think he wouldn't have been awful to be around or anything. Sad, yes, crushed even, yes, but a self destructive mess? No.

Moltke Family Next Steps @MsBloom @apollo247 @Colonel_Liam @xavierrol @LeaT @AndNich123 @Devil in the Details @Fandomizer @dreamer @Shelob

I see a few options (there may be others so feel free to suggest) for how to introduce the Moltke family to the breeding program IC (In Character). This would be sort of the high drama point of saying, oh by the way, to stay in our colony you all gotta breed.

Option #1: Large Group Open Meeting in the IC thread with a quick over view of the breeding program. Everyone just sort of hashes it out.

Option #2: Small group, we split the new arrivals between the 3 chariots and drivers (Kat, Maureen, and Theo) and each group talk it out. (Greta and Axel would likely learn from Judy.)

Option #3: Kids and Adults, we have several adults talk to the Moltke parents and the more adult members of the family. The kids either learn it from the other kids or parents tell them. This would be a bit more sequential.

I'd like to pick an option by about this time tomorrow so we can get you all started. In the meantime, you are welcome to discuss scene ideas among yourselves and start something if you have ideas. You may start new threads in our sub-forum but do try to have them make sense name wise. Any questions let me know.

I don't know about all of you but I like to have options, so in that spirit, I suggest the following ideas using new or existing threads. None of these are mandatory but I think it gives everyone room to play in joining the Moltke group into the rest of the colony. For now let's say we keep them active through this coming Sunday 5/23, then we will see if they have run their course and move on or keep them going. Please post as often as you can but also be patient for others, it isn't unusual for people to need a day or two to respond. If you aren't interested in these settings, maybe let people know you won't be posting so they aren't waiting for you.

Moltke Jupiter: June 21/22 overnight on the beach or upper level of the jupiter. RP with those still present (not taken by Kat and Theo). You can RP out the overnight scene as you like.

New Thread: Late June 21/early 22 Kat, Theo, Greta, Axel (if he regains consciousness), and possibly Erik (if he goes with this group otherwise he is still at the Moltke jupiter). Can discuss the colony and breeding program as you all see fit. (I'm guessing the drivers would need to get some sleep once at the colony so there will be some lag time before the return trip.)

New Threads as needed: June 22 with Kat, Theo, and Maureen each transport up to 3 of the beach group so these threads will have no more than 3 characters and each character can only be in one thread. Pretty much same as the one above. I expect you to divide yourselves with coordination with your driver.

Lost in Space IC: June 23 All can participate, everyone now knows about the breeding program and any protests or drama can be played out. We also need to divide up the Moltke group among the 3 original jupiters.

All players can continue to use or create threads for small group sexual or non-sexual scenes as they like.

Any questions, please just ask. Don't let this overwhelm you, I know it can be confusing but once you get started it will get easier. Consider it a buffet, you don't have to eat everything, but you are certainly welcome to try.

Sounds good to me. I love those options for sure. If anyone wants to do extra threads and such with Theo let me know. Always happy to throw him around. This looks like a solid plan going forward, kind of like a road map.

New Thread: Late June 21/early 22 Kat, Theo, Greta, Axel (if he regains consciousness), and possibly Erik (if he goes with this group otherwise he is still at the Moltke jupiter). Can discuss the colony and breeding program as you all see fit. (I'm guessing the drivers would need to get some sleep once at the colony so there will be some lag time before the return trip.)

New Threads as needed: June 22 with Kat, Theo, and Maureen each transport up to 3 of the beach group so these threads will have no more than 3 characters and each character can only be in one thread. Pretty much same as the one above. I expect you to divide yourselves with coordination with your driver.

Could these possibly be played out in the main IC thread on the 22nd before acting out the group meeting on the 23rd.

Could these possibly be played out in the main IC thread on the 22nd before acting out the group meeting on the 23rd.
Possibly, but it would potentially be 3 or 4 different conversations. I doubt we would populate all 3 but it is an option and would create smaller groups if that is easier for people rather than one big one. I used to think we needed to use new threads sparingly, but now that we have been using them I feel use them where they make sense. Old ones tend to fall to the bottom and it is easier to find conversations than dig through multiple pages of the IC thread.

True. It just seems to me they are different stages of the same thread but the two can of course be merged into one thread.
I don't know if there are 'takers' for any of those conversations, but I see your point and I can see it happening that way. Chronologically, the first trip to the colony will be taking place at essentially the same time as the overnight on the beach/Moltke Jupiter. So maybe those 2 run parallel once Kat and Theo depart with Greta, Axel, and maybe Erik. Speaking of which, at some point @Devil in the Details you will have to decide if Erik is going with Greta and Axel or staying with the rest of the family.

But if those two don't run the same amount of time, it is an option to start the others in which case it would be good to have a different thread. Mostly I am trying to create opportunities for characters to interact and not necessarily have to wait for another thread to conclude, if it takes more or less threads, I'm pretty flexible.

haha Glad Mike could help. If you wanted, we could say that Axel and Mike became friends during his time stuck on the Moltke Jupiter? I'm trying to find friends for him.
@Shelob Yea, definitely! Ax needs friends too. He's empathetic, so he would've wanted to help Mike if he was grieving. Like making sure he has eaten or trying to cheer him up, etc. Svenja would be kind too. If you want, she can talk to Mike on the beach.

@xavierrol He'd be friends with Sani though has no problem interrupting guys ogling his sisters. Might also want to cockblock anyone going after @Fandomizer baby Sable but probably has to make an exception for the program. He's just very protective.

@Shelob Yea, definitely! Ax needs friends too. He's empathetic, so he would've wanted to help Mike if he was grieving. Like making sure he has eaten or trying to cheer him up, etc. Svenja would be kind too. If you want, she can talk to Mike on the beach.
Sure! They can get a fire going and Mike will break away, go stand by the water.

Back
Top Bottom