Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

Top Post

LeaT

Supernova
Lost in Space IC
Character Profiles

Active Players
@MsBloom
@apollo247
@Colonel_Liam
@xavierrol
@LeaT
@AndNich123
@Ruphhausin
@Vinaein

I will maintain this top post with our 'Guidelines' which for now will be preliminary and open for discussion. But let's try to move our OOC chat here as it looks like we have enough people for a good start. I will also draft story elements here before creating the Main Story Thread.

Be nice to one another, respect limits, post as often as you can.

Timeline:
Resolute Launched: March 15, 2046
Resolute Destroyed: June 10, 2046
Surviving Colonists First Meeting: June 17, 2046
Breeding Program Started: June 21st 2046

Technology
  • Resources: The don't have any replicator type devices, more along the lines of 3D printers. Their materials though are limited so it has to be something of high importance.
  • Weapons: Theo has stated he has a laser rifle which I'll say is a military grade weapon. Presumably at least Marcus has some hunting rifles. I'd like to not have much more than that so we aren't breaking into armed camps.
  • The Robot: I'm open to creative interpretations but at this point it is more utilitarian in nature, like being a sentry or menial task type thing. I would like to avoid the robot being the alien creature of the Netflix show. Too much power imbalance.
Communication
  • Jupiters have a strong enough signal to communicate with each other (basically an internet between the ships). There is no one off-moon to talk to.
  • Phones, tablets, mobile computers can talk to the Jupiters more or less like WiFi today, fairly short range.
  • There is no infrastructure for longer range mobile devices so once out of sight of the jupiters or chariots, there is no electronic communication system.
  • Radios and a mast with signal amplifier on each Jupiter, for long range communications between Chariots and Jupiters (roughly 5 miles, maybe improved with effort).
Jupiter Spacecraft Layouts
Upper Deck
Lower Deck

Desperate times called for desperate measures and each would have some explaining to do to the rest of their family groups. As all three had agreed to a breeding plan to perpetuate the colony beyond the generation or so more 'natural' methods would allow.

"Rules of the Breeding Program"
  1. All colonists 16 years or older shall be assigned a breeding partner based on the genetic needs of the colony.
  2. All female colonists shall make themselves available to their breeding partner at all points during their fertile cycle as determined by medical staff.
  3. No colonist may have reproductive sex with anyone but their designated breeding partner. Other forms of intimacy are allowed provided fertility or virility are unaffected.
  4. Counseling is available through Dr. Smith if needed.
  5. Failure to follow these rules shall result in banishment from the colony.

Pairs

���������������
FemalesNotesAuthorized MalesUnauthorized Males
Penny 16 @LeaTMaxwell 24 @Colonel_LiamTag
Mei 16 @MsBloomDr. Smith 40M @Ruphhausin
Ivy 20 @AndNich123Marcus 45 @Colonel_Liam
Kat 20 @MsBloomTheo 26 @apollo247
Judy 26 @AndNich123Allen 42 @xavierrolNate
Joan 42 @MsBloomMartin 18 @Colonel_Liam
Megan 44 @LeaTTag 24 @MsBloomDavid
Maureen 46 @LeaTNate 17 @xavierrol
Maitland 43 @LeaTDavid 16
[TD]Theo
Greta Fischer Moltke 40 @AndNich123Pregnant
Terra Isabella Delgado Moltke (née Delgado) 25Axel
Elsa von Moltke, 18FSani @xavierrol
Tiffany O'Donnelll Moltke 25Michael
Svenja Anne Moltke 18Sani @xavierrol
Erik
"Lexi"

Last edited:
So I’ll be horndog. How do we want to determine partners?

Do we want to have a mechanic for determining if conception occurs?

That's a good question! If you have a strong preference, go ahead and write it our for 1 of your characters like this.

I suggest you let me pair you up to make it seem more random. If you have a strong preference, discuss it with them either OOC or PM and let me know, I'll do my best to accommodate.

Hopefully you don't have anyone who creeps you out, but if you do, please tell me PRIVATELY and I'll do what I can.

I do love your optimism! We can roll dice based on average fertility for women of certain ages or I'm open for suggestions.

I'm happy to let you play matchmaker!

I also think it might be fun/interesting to have some sort of system in place to see if repeated visits are needed rather than wanted, but I'm happy to go with group consensus if that isn't appealing to others.

@Amante and @MsBloom I'd like to add @Letrixia 's character to the Stevensen family either, I'll leave it to you if she is biological/adopted/castaway. Castaway being someone who just ended up on their Jupiter when they had to escape.

There is one more male pending, he will be a 'castaway' probably on the O'Donnell crew to balance numbers but not set in stone yet. I have marked the interest thread 'closed' for now.

My goal today is to get the Story Setup written so we are all on the same page for the start. Hopefully getting the main thread opened up tomorrow for the weekend (my time at least).

My work day is starting so I will answer questions as best I can during the day and try to do some writing tonight. I'll keep it simple and short as I'm sure people are anxious to get started. We will start with the posting of the "Breeding Rules" shown above WIP but before the Breeding Pairs are published if you are thinking about early posts.

The Prologue in the first post above is intended as the top reference of the main thread, hopefully it sets the stage well enough. If there are holes in it, let me know.

@LeaT feel free to pair up my characters however for breeding pairs, I’m open to the randomness on this.

@Amante ok thank you.

I'll probably do the match ups once we get the main thread going. I think the uncertainty and anticipation might make for some good discussion. I'm also thinking it will take a bit of focus on my part so it might wait until this weekend.

When you get a chance, face claims and profile posts if you plan on one.

For the purposes of the RP maybe the colony robot is the one who “calculated” the optimum breeding pairings?

Story wise, yes it will be 'calculated' to optimize success, unfortunately I can't hand our list to the 'robot' and be done. As I sighted age gaps in the interest check, I was going to do a lot of older with younger with the rationalization of increasing the chances of conception. I'll also be looking to cross family groups to sort of force some intermixing. I'd also like to pair more frequent writers with similar counterparts and slower writers together, though that might be a fool's errand.

My priority for today is getting us a main thread with enough of a start to let people start writing.

I think I'm pretty close on the start, see top post if anyone wants to do some proofing for me!

Random works great for me as well, and I do like the second half of rule #3 because it means that Joan and Maureen can still get their freak on as often as they want to. ;)

I'm ok with random, but I hope that we have some leniency on rule 5. I'd like MCs to have the option to rebel or make a mistake here or there without being banished. Can banished always be a possibility, but lighter punishments be considered?

I don't plan on banishing anyone, at least not for rule 5! Though pretty much all other forms of sex are allowed so I guess it depends upon the circumstances. I think there has to be some 'threat' of punishment or the rules are just kind of silly. I'm sure we can get creative if your character strays.

How about using a concept from the world of sports. Yellow and red cards. First two offences gets you a yellow card (a warning), third yellow card is an automatic red card (banishment).

Back
Top Bottom