Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

Did I post it wrong on one of the top posts? I'll check it later when I am at my computer.

If the Jupiter could land on a planet with a breathable atmosphere, then logically there would be water on the planet. So the chance of the Jupiter landing in water would be present. Wouldn't they be prepared for that? Why not have an inflatable raft onboard with oars? That way they wouldn't be jumping into untested waters. Just a thought.

@MsBloom Her profile says 20. I went back and checked just to make sure. lol. I checked because I thought she was older than 17, closer to Kat's age. That's why she's not too fond of her step mom.

Yup I scrolled down and checked her profile as well and it says 20 but in the top post it says 17 so as Lea herself suggested it must be an administrative error.

I'm pretty flexible but just 'abandoning ship' on a raft and letting the Jupiter float or sink would represent a huge loss of resources.

The raft could be used to connect the two cables in both a quicker and safer way. That way the Jupiter can still be salvaged and used as a sort of temporary banishment hut for punishing those that break the rules of the colony.

I feel like we could just get it done in about 2 posts and move on. There is nothing wrong with taking a raft for the injured and pregnant, but I'd say at least some including Sani and perhaps Svenja are going to try to meet Kat half way with the cable from the Moltke's ship. Have it sink on the beach so maybe just the upper level is habitable and they can wade to and from.

So I suggest you each write your preferred route to land and let's play and have fun.

@MsBloom Her profile says 20. I went back and checked just to make sure. lol. I checked because I thought she was older than 17, closer to Kat's age. That's why she's not too fond of her step mom.
I fixed my error on the top post of the Character Profiles were I list all the active players by family. It now properly shows 20. Sorry about that.

By the way, I would not be pushing 'dr. Zoe Smith' more into this roleplay, even if I remain open to playing with whoever is interested in meeting her.
I expect Megan to keep her next appointment, so glad to hear you are open to continue. You have always been very responsive to posts where you are involved, I get it if you want to stay out of some of the other stuff, it does fit the character.

It's been a busy day OOC, please let me know if I have missed anyone in my responses.

My only interest in the Moltke rescue scene (aside from you all enjoying yourselves) is that we have a jupiter that is not quite suitable for the family but just good enough for a temporary banishment of a character or two. I'm not sure the details of how they got to shore are real critical. My understanding is that Kat and Theo will make contact and bring any serious injuries (right now being Axel) to the rest of the colony, then head back with Maureen, Kat, and Theo for the rest.

After that, we will have to have a group chat about the breeding program IC.

I think someone has already said the wind is pushing them away. I'm from Michigan, the Great Lakes State, so my idea of a lake and other people's idea of a lake might be quite different. So let's just say this lake is big enough that they can't see the other side, so it's extents are unknown and there is some sense of urgency.
Oops, I completely missed the wind thing. Thanks for letting me know! And, also that's a good description to have.
I feel like we could just get it done in about 2 posts and move on. There is nothing wrong with taking a raft for the injured and pregnant, but I'd say at least some including Sani and perhaps Svenja are going to try to meet Kat half way with the cable from the Moltke's ship. Have it sink on the beach so maybe just the upper level is habitable and they can wade to and from.

So I suggest you each write your preferred route to land and let's play and have fun.
I agree we can probably get it done in 2. I just had Svenja answer Kat's call, and maybe Kat answers with the plan, and in Svenja's next post, I could just have her doing that while implying that maybe she had some help from the others in getting the Chariot cable out and tied down and such.
I also don't mind glossing over the details of the rescue to move things along.

I have no idea whats going on. I'm just having a hard time visualizing this rp.

And that is why dr. Smith is just hanging out in the background too.

This is nothing like the original 'Lost in Space' or even the original setup/idea... Still, I am hanging on if anyone thinks to keep up the already started roleplaying threads or start something new with my character...

Until the end of the month, that is. If nothing concerning me happens (nobody is interested in pursuing things with dr. Smith) I am out of here in two weeks.

I have no idea whats going on. I'm just having a hard time visualizing this rp.
Axel is unconscious and being put on a backboard by Erik and I believe Michael. If you want to have your characters find and deploy the raft, Sani and Svenja can take care of the cable portion, and Erik and Michael can bring Axel to the raft then we can be on our way. I'm guessing Greta will join you with the raft.

That I find odd. Summarizing instead of actually playing out a scene in a role play. Just my opinion though. It doesn't effect the price of beans in China. Lol.just my thoughts. Seems like some are in a rush to get scenes they think will be more fun to play.

I can't reply anything until tonight. I work from 1 to 10. It's ok. This rescue happening all around me anyway, constantly moving. So it's ok whatever you guys do.

I'd like to keep the peace here but I may be unable to keep everyone happy. This is a group effort and some people just don't enjoy the cooperation and compromise sometimes required to keep a group together. It seems to me that this is a fairly simple and short scene but there is more effort going into critique than to just play it out and move on.

But in writing out the scenes couldnt the characters build trust and work together?
Very well put. This scene is an opportunity to learn about our characters. It isn't like we are writing real parents and siblings who have lived a lifetime together, the writers are mostly new to each other. It is part of what can make us a group, instead of just a bunch of individual writers.

You guys cool with my deus ex machina rock stopping the Jupiter from sinking any further? XD
To me it seems to contradict what your fellow writers have started to put together as a story. If you don't want to play out this scene, sit it out, if not try to cooperate and go with it. The only thing I had asked is that the jupiter be on the beach half sunk not way out on a rock a 1/4 mile from shore.

@Fandomizer If you don't want to do larger group scenes, you can wait until we get the group together and focus more on 1x1 scenes. We have done a lot of that, but there is also some interest in writing more story based scenes as small or larger group scenes. But let people write and jump in when you feel comfortable. Don't try to just end a scene because you don't like it.

This is nothing like the original 'Lost in Space' or even the original setup/idea... Still, I am hanging on if anyone thinks to keep up the already started roleplaying threads or start something new with my character...
From the very beginning it was made clear this was not going to be a canon style rehash of any of the previous series or movie. Just using the idea to create our own thing. You are welcome to focus on 1x1 or small group interactions and sit out the larger scenes, that is your choice. I have enjoyed my scenes between Megan and Dr. Smith, but they will be sporadic as she is doing things with other characters as well. You may consider having Dr. Smith reach out to other characters, but that is again your choice.

From the very beginning it was made clear this was not going to be a canon style rehash of any of the previous series or movie. Just using the idea to create our own thing. You are welcome to focus on 1x1 or small group interactions and sit out the larger scenes, that is your choice. I have enjoyed my scenes between Megan and Dr. Smith, but they will be sporadic as she is doing things with other characters as well. You may consider having Dr. Smith reach out to other characters, but that is again your choice.

That is all right and nice, but with the timelines this mixed up and the in-game happenings still happening at the same times / in a couple of days, I do not see how dr. Smith would/could reach out to others - and why she would do it.

As a player, I just does not see (or feel) any other player - or character - to be interested or ready for 'Zoe'. Maybe it will change in the next two weeks, as the timelines clears up too?

I'm a bit worried bc I think Sani was on the lower deck, which apparently is fully submerged? I'm sure he would've gotten out before that happened lol. There is a bit of a time lapse, between the water being ankle deep to complete submersion, so if everyone's ok with it, I could write Svenja taking the cable, connecting with Kat, and waiting for Sani and the rest of the family to get out of the Jupiter in time? Maybe as they were pulling it in, they hit the rock so it stops the Jupiter, but it's close enough to shore to still be usable/accessible.

@ChrisGabriel @LeaT

I just recalled that Allen was texted about talking to Megan about Dr. Smith. I neglected to respond and lost track of it and will respond soon. So you can expect a visit from Allen and potentially Dr. Judy @AndNich123 fairly soon.

I'm a bit worried bc I think Sani was on the lower deck, which apparently is fully submerged? I'm sure he would've gotten out before that happened lol. There is a bit of a time lapse, between the water being ankle deep to complete submersion, so if everyone's ok with it, I could write Svenja taking the cable, connecting with Kat, and waiting for Sani and the rest of the family to get out of the Jupiter in time? Maybe as they were pulling it in, they hit the rock so it stops the Jupiter, but it's close enough to shore to still be usable/accessible.
I think I had Sani knee deep in water on the lower level. Hopefully I didn't contradict myself or someone else but I may have. I think if you just want to do the swim and help wrap this scene up so we can move on, that would be great. But it might be a close call for him.

I'm gonna opt out I think. I don't mind if you keep the girls in the story if you rename them to like Sabine and Tara or something.
@Fandomizer

I also don't mind letting Terra do the swimming if you'd like! :)
I appreciate it but I already freaked out and nuked all my stuff. Sorry, it was just an impulse I had. I just panicked. Sorry for wasting your time. I probably should have just taken my time off and allowed you to godmod me until I was ready to post in the colony.

Back
Top Bottom