Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

FYI @Fandomizer says on her profile page she is taking a week or two off, so that complicates things a bit with getting the Moltke family up and running.

@MsBloom
@ChrisGabriel
@apollo247
@Colonel_Liam
@xavierrol
@LeaT
@AndNich123
@Devil in the Details
@Fandomizer
@dreamer
@Shelob

It looks like we have the Moltke Jupiter all accounted for so you should be able to start writing through the crash and joining the main group. I'm still hoping to have @KaeganofAmber join us with a male character with the Stevensens. That should about round us out for now.

Threads in the Sub-Forum:
If you are just joining us, things can be a little disorienting in that we are often writing in different times and places. Most posts have headers similar to that below, to help orient which character is driving the post, who they are interacting with and when it is happening.

Who: Megan O'Donnell
Relevant: @MsBloom Tag
Time: June 22nd 2046, Early Afternoon

The thread usually indicates the where, such as "Robinson Jupiter" or "Shag Shack #2". Each character is also encouraged to make a "Cabin" of their own where they can post things happening in their room. You can also create a thread for a special event or location if you think it is needed.

Timeline:
We have been fairly loose with the timeline, perhaps a bit too much. I am considering taking the Main IC thread and the Jupiter Threads and getting them on the same general time maybe call it "Group Time" and keep it progressing a bit more linearly. You will still be able to write threads for past activities that you want to write out, but we will keep the main threads moving on the same time. We can start that once the Moltke's are written into the story this week. We can discuss here before any changes are made.

Sounds good to me Lea. Looking forward to introducing the new family and moving forward. Welcome to everyone new!

Yay! I noticed talk about a posting order with the Moltke Jupiter, when would be a good time for me to jump in with Mike?

Yay! I noticed talk about a posting order with the Moltke Jupiter, when would be a good time for me to jump in with Mike?
Hi and welcome! I'm working on a Moltke post just to kick start things again. I think you can jump in whenever, I have Sani going with Erik to try and secure Axel. If you want to figure a way to get them to shore, that might be a good place to start. But really whatever you want to do to introduce him.

Maybe Mike could take over helping get Axel out and free up Erik to move the ship? I don't think Mike is technical minded enough to make that work.

This is a great idea and I feel we could use the establishing of the Moltkes to bring the IC in phase with the Jupiters. For this purpose I suggest that we carry out the rescue in the IC thread once Kat and Theo arrive and start to help and then as they arrive back with the severely wounded the Jupiters are fitted into the same timeline while we can still keep specific threads (such as the Shag Shacks, private cabins, Outside the Robinson's Jupiter, 7 Minutes in Heaven and such) on a more variable timeline.

In this context I think it would be best to keep the IC clean and use it for non-sexual story progression since we need to move the story along as well. Especially now that we might soon have a few pregnancies happening but also to keep our characters interacting even if they are not having sex one way or another. There are all kinds of relationships forming that will need to develop outside the context of sex as well as within.

If you want to figure a way to get them to shore, that might be a good place to start.

Would it be reasonable to assume that the Jupiters would have some kind of device that could fire something like a grappling hook at the shore? If so the Moltkes could get a rope to shore which Kat and Theo could hook up to the Chariot and help them get to the shore, or (if that seems far too implausible) at least anchor them somehow so they can then use the rope to bring themselves and the wounded to shore and then at a later point bring the Jupiter itself to the shore.

Would it be reasonable to assume that the Jupiters would have some kind of device that could fire something like a grappling hook at the shore? If so the Moltkes could get a rope to shore which Kat and Theo could hook up to the Chariot and help them get to the shore, or (if that seems far too implausible) at least anchor them somehow so they can then use the rope to bring themselves and the wounded to shore and then at a later point bring the Jupiter itself to the shore.
I had thought about something like a vehicle cable winch but a 1/4 mile seemed like stretch these usually have 100 feet or so of cable. But this is the future and sci fi and all that so maybe we could stretch (no pun intended) it a bit. How about if they used the cable from both Chariots (the Moltke's and Stevensen's) and hooked them together? It might involve some risks (always good story points) like having to swim (chance to get half naked also a good story point) their half towards shore, Kat or Theo having to swim the shore end out and maybe even drive the Chariot out into the water a ways to make up the difference?

If we went with this, I was kind of thinking Terra @Fandomizer would come up with the plan, Svenja @dreamer was on a swim team (and would look great half dressed), and Sani and the others will help out. Maybe Papa Moltke shoots whatever giant lake creature tries to eat Svenja? I don't usually like to plan things out too much but we probably need an outline of some sort or we will be stuck in this scene for a month.

There's that harpoon gun they used in the Netflix series. I would say he could shoot at it with a normal gun but I know we're trying to keep the number of firearms in the colony to a minimum. But I'd be fine with Erik taking out a lake monster to save Svenja.i also agree that having some bullet point kinda road markers to guide us to a conclusion for that scene makes sense. With so many people involved it could easily drag out if we're not constantly moving things forward.

I had thought about something like a vehicle cable winch but a 1/4 mile
Not having a character in this scene, I'm pretty content to have you all work it out as seems reasonable. I haven't really heard any ideas that seem implausible but getting multiple people to play out a multi-step task can be tough so if it drags on we might just have to say, they get ashore and gloss over the details.

@MsBloom
@ChrisGabriel
@apollo247
@Colonel_Liam
@xavierrol
@LeaT
@AndNich123
@Devil in the Details
@Fandomizer
@dreamer
@Shelob
(I do this for coordination so that everyone notices, but maybe I need a "Rules and Coordination" thread instead of adding to OOC)

I am going to update the title of our Main IC thread to include the date for the group. My plan is to update it on Sundays and keep things moving in this way. I don't think there can be a set formula for time progression but we do want to keep the narrative moving. I want to give fair warning that if you are not responding, we may 'godmod' your character so that you aren't holding up the whole story. If we have to do this often, we will discuss further.

That seems reasonable to me. If we're going to be away (with summer coming up) I assume we can just let you know and maybe find ways to put our characters to the side so that they're not holding anything up until we get back?

Maybe Papa Moltke shoots whatever giant lake creature tries to eat Svenja?

That made me laugh. If a lake monster does appear, Svenja will be scarred for life. xD Though it'd make for amusing drama.

But yea, I was thinking Svenja could swim to shore if they're going with the rope plan or get the two cables connected midway. If there are waves, the Jupiter might eventually drift to shore without them having to do anything as long as it can stay afloat. Or they might notice the wind and be able to hook up a simple makeshift sail or something. It could be the small extra push they need, and maybe all the things combined makes up for the distance? Teamwork! :)

That seems reasonable to me. If we're going to be away (with summer coming up) I assume we can just let you know and maybe find ways to put our characters to the side so that they're not holding anything up until we get back?
Yes, we can work around vacations and such and I don't expect daily posts from anyone but a few posts a week seems reasonable. This is generally not a problem, though it has happened, we just need to understand that the group needs to make slow steady progress and try not to have one character holding up the whole thing.
If there are waves, the Jupiter might eventually drift to shore
I think someone has already said the wind is pushing them away. I'm from Michigan, the Great Lakes State, so my idea of a lake and other people's idea of a lake might be quite different. So let's just say this lake is big enough that they can't see the other side, so it's extents are unknown and there is some sense of urgency.

Sounds good to me. I was just waiting for a moment to reply with Theo He and Kat was just arriving at the scene to see the Jupiter so if anyone is on the roof and such we can go from there. Funny how you guys mention summer for me winter is coming. Theo will be more than happy to help out once things pick up and if there's a sea monster in the lake he'd gladly take it on, I do believe he's got his rifle with him.

I know we're trying to keep the number of firearms in the colony to a minimum.

Having been a security officer on The Resolute it makes perfect sense that Erik would have at least a rifle on board, just like Theo has. I'll leave you guys to discuss what kind of rifle (if either of you feel that is of any importance).

How about if they used the cable from both Chariots (the Moltke's and Stevensen's) and hooked them together? It might involve some risks (always good story points) like having to swim (chance to get half naked also a good story point) their half towards shore, Kat or Theo having to swim the shore end out and maybe even drive the Chariot out into the water a ways to make up the difference?

If we went with this, I was kind of thinking Terra @Fandomizer would come up with the plan, Svenja @dreamer was on a swim team (and would look great half dressed), and Sani and the others will help out. Maybe Papa Moltke shoots whatever giant lake creature tries to eat Svenja?

This sounds like a good outline to me. I'm thinking from the shore it would be Kat doing the swimming while Theo, who did indeed bring his rifle, keeps an eye out for potential sea monsters.

I'm from Michigan, the Great Lakes State, so my idea of a lake and other people's idea of a lake might be quite different. So let's just say this lake is big enough that they can't see the other side, so it's extents are unknown and there is some sense of urgency.

That is exactly the kind of lake I was imagining when I had Kat bring back news of the discovery at the start of this story.

Is the Jupiter able to remain their housing unit on the planet, or will they have to find alternative housing?

Yeah, if the Jupiter is peacefully lays on the water, it could be a home that way too...

By the way, I would not be pushing 'dr. Zoe Smith' more into this roleplay, even if I remain open to playing with whoever is interested in meeting her.

Is the Jupiter able to remain their housing unit on the planet, or will they have to find alternative housing?
Yeah, if the Jupiter is peacefully lays on the water, it could be a home that way too...

It would be a really nice solution but I'd say it is too far from the rest of the colony for that to work. I'm unsure of how long Kat and Theo had driven before they set camp for the night but it would be at least four or five hours drive back to the colony even taking the shortest route.

Ideally, it would half sink and not be suitable for the family. This puts more pressure on the new family to join the rest of the colony even if they aren't too excited about the breeding program.

I would like to use it for a banishment hut for some of our misbehaving boys such as Nate, kind of a temporary exile as punishment. Or characters that don't want to participate in the breeding program as a sort of temporary banishment.

Back
Top Bottom