Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

Hey everyone. I told some people I’d be posting last night and didn’t live up to that. I apologize. Shame me if I don’t get some up today.

So I started to write a post for the 22nd and realized it is hard to write without at least acknowledging the arrival of the new family.

In general, I'm thinking someone would need to drive if not to the main group at least close enough to radio or do we think there is a radio communication? (I don't but I don't need to argue the point either.)

I'm thinking any injured would be taken to Judy directly by either Kat or Theo with the other staying with the Moltke's for now.

Do we have some volunteers from the original families to write up the scene to go get everyone else? I'm thinking this would take place the morning of the 22nd.

I can bump Kaitlan and Theo's tryst to a separate thread and use the main IC thread for the merger if that makes sense to everyone.

I was going to post David going to talk to Ivy but I could have him realize what's going on. I'm not sure he'd be of much use to helping with injured or whatever duties need done but he'd be willing to try if the adults let him.

Marcus or Maxwell from the O'Donnell's and Joan or Tag from the Robinsons would make the most sense with keeping the numbers low so they could transport as many people and supplies as possible.

I'm not sure how involved we want this to get, they are still a 1/4 mile off shore. I'm happy to have this be as quick or as detailed as you all want to play, but just trying to give it something of a game time frame so we can work with it. And an idea of which characters will be most involved. We will also need to find places for them to stay among the other jupiters unless they are going to stay at the lake a while.

Hopefully we can get final characters from @AndNich123 and @dreamer soon as well.

I know I haven't put up a profile for Greta Moltke yet. I will try to get that done today. Other posts have posted though.

I know I haven't put up a profile for Greta Moltke yet. I will try to get that done today. Other posts have posted though.
It doesn't need fully fleshed out but you should have a name and age to conform to site rules. Details can always be added later.

I'm really looking forward to merging the new family.

Good question. lol. I was thinking that perhaps she's far enough along that she can feel the baby moving. A slight baby bump. How far along are most women when they are slightly showing?

aaaaah. Thank you. Then starting the second tri sounds good to me. She's somewhere in the middle, a sweet spot, if you will.

What is the posting order going to be? I tend to like everybody to post after me before I post again so I don't miss anyone or leave them behind.

We generally don't keep to a strict post order but for larger group scenes I would give everyone a day or two to respond before moving the story too far. You are always welcome to react to what someone does. This is a chaotic beginning for your group, and we also have a couple of potential members not online yet as well. @dreamer So I wouldn't be afraid to keep things moving, if you are waiting specifically for someone to do something, there is nothing wrong with poking them after a couple of days to see if they plan to respond soon or if you should just keep moving.

Yeah, I've been stalling a little to let people get their bios in. I also have a ton of availability and enthusiasm so I'll try not to go so crazy that people get left behind. As for posting order, I feel like we don't have to have a strict order. I'm also willing to alter my posts as needed if I overstep so @Fandomizer @dreamer @AndNich123 @xavierrol as we get through the post crash stuff feel free to reach out to me if a post needs tweaked.

Hey all, could use some feedback on this, to make sure it's something of value for the rp. I've thought up a character that would act as a sort of black sheep or outsider to the group. Not necessarily a murderous villain, but more of a stowaway.

My character would be ethnically ambiguous, but mostly a mix of Hispanic, English/German American white, and native American peoples. (For genetic diversity, he's a mutt).

Backstory: Kaegan J. Rowe barely survived the disaster, his step family's Jupiter's haul punctured, leaving him the sole survivor in a pressurized suit. Making his way to another Jupiter, he soon found himself on a joyride to the surface. I'm imagining he's a bit of a delinquent, stealing supplies, not a direct threat but one no less. Maybe signs of him appear as like a column of smoke from a campfire that shouldn't be there, etc.

Alternatively, he is a stowaway and was never meant to be here. Or part of the main vessels crew. The dynamic of being the "outsider" could be played to create intrigue for the family units.

I can of course not speak for apollo but I am sort of waiting to write Kat's and Theo's arrival at the Moltke Jupiter until you've all had time to sort out the immediate concerns after the crash, making sure who is ok and who isn't and so on.

After further thought, I'm going to seek a slightly different direction with the character. The idea just doesn't fit at this time. I'm cooking up another, more thought out but less complex one, just give me a bit.

After further thought, I'm going to seek a slightly different direction with the character. The idea just doesn't fit at this time. I'm cooking up another, more thought out but less complex one, just give me a bit.
How would you feel about having him related to one of the other families? Or did you want to keep him as more of a tag along?

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't gotten their profiles up yet. Feel free to treat my character(s) as injured/unconscious (or in the background quietly following the group)! I'll try to jump in when I can.
Their names will be Axel and Svenja.

How would you feel about having him related to one of the other families? Or did you want to keep him as more of a tag along?
I was thinking since he was so generically mixed, probably not but now that you mention it, maybe he's an unknown kid to one, and that's why he stowaway on the mission.

Allen @xavierrol is the most likely character to have an unknown kid if you wan to pursue that route, perhaps reach out to him on that. What age are you thinking?

@KaeganofAmber It wouldn't be hard to imagine Allen having a bastard lol. He is a bit of a mutt as well.

@Fandomizer I was thinking Sani and Terra might jury rig some thrusters to get them to the beach, but I'm up for other ideas as well.

I'm thinking the main engines are shot, they would be too powerful anyway. But they could use maneuvering thrusters (I'm assuming the ship would have them) to sort of nudge it in the direction they wanted to go. It would be an opportunity for Terra to do some of her mechanical magic.

I think it would be more a matter of coordination to be able to steer in a general direction so maybe some teamwork. I don't want to make it too involved writing wise, just a mechanism to get them to shore in a few posts. Just an idea, we don't need to go that way.

Back
Top Bottom