Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

@Fandomizer @Devil in the Details @xavierrol
Please go ahead and post your characters in the Character Thread.

I'll update the top post in the next day or so to reflect the changes.

In the meantime we can discuss OOC but will wait for @Devil in the Details to return and for remaining characters to get fleshed out before beginning any IC story.

Give some thought to when you want to pick up IC RP. The larger group started at a meeting to discuss the need for the breeding program among the adults with the younger people listening in.

Possible starts for the Moltke's could be (you are welcome to suggest others):
  • Resolute desctruction with damaged jupiter and decision to crash land.
  • Crash landing to radio contact with Theo & Kat.
  • Discussion with adults to discuss the need to participate in the Breeding program to join the larger colony (and less formal gathering of the younger characters).
Anything else that needs discussed feel free to add here or PM if preferred.

By the time the breeding program starts (IE when Kat and Theo go off exploring) the survivors has been on the moon where they landed for about what two weeks?

By the time the breeding program starts (IE when Kat and Theo go off exploring) the survivors has been on the moon where they landed for about what two weeks?
Maybe, or they had a damaged ship without communications and stayed in space longer as they tried to determine if there were any other survivors.

I meant to post the timeline from the top post of this thread, Theo and Kat are out on the night of June 21st:

Timeline:
Resolute Launched: March 15, 2046
Resolute Destroyed: June 10, 2046
Surviving Colonists First Meeting: June 17, 2046
Breeding Program Started: June 21st 2046

Functionally the above options boil down to if they want a bit of time to RP as a family and get their collective stories together before joining the larger group or get them all together as quick as possible? I don't want to overwhelm them from the beginning but also don't want to hold them back either.

Functionally the above options boil down to if they want a bit of time to RP as a family and get their collective stories together before joining the larger group or get them all together as quick as possible? I don't want to overwhelm them from the beginning but also don't want to hold them back either.

We can do the rescue before Kat and Theo head back home and the new family can play out their predating storylines in subforums while the colony calls a new meeting regarding what to do, where to house them and how to fit them into the program etc ...

Should it be a 'rescue' or a first contact? Maybe given them time to process the rules of the colony before committing to joining them?

Maybe only taking the injured (if any) to Dr. Judy and needing to come back with the other chariots to move everyone and any salvageable supplies.

I'm not saying this is how it has to be, just giving some options. I know you want Theo and Kat to keep moving which is fine. We most likely have a few days before @Devil in the Details is back.

It could also be that the fourth family group manage to find the colony all on their own, maybe having seen them from orbit but not been able to set down any closer.

Surgery wasn't that bad so here I am!

I'm not sure how @AndNich123 @Fandomizer @xavierrol feel about it but I like the idea that their Jupiter was badly damaged and they had to sit in space for a while. Maybe while they were trying to do repairs they drifted into the planet's gravity and got pulled in, eventually crashing. How long each step took could be worked out depending on what people wanted to play the most of. Then Kat and Theo stumble across them...

Welcome back @Devil in the Details , glad it went well.

Are we RPing the up in space part? A chance to get to know each other before joining the larger group? I'm willing to defer to @Fandomizer as @Devil in the Details, @AndNich123 and I have characters in the main group already. What do you say @Fandomizer start with smaller group then merge or get right to it? Also I think we are still waiting to hear from a son?

I was thinking they had no communications so they couldn't reach out to the others, and their ship was damaged so they just looked like debris when the others left. Eventually the get at least to the point where they can receive messages and hear of the others finding a spot. Their ship has some damage but they patch it up enough to attempt a landing. They try to get to the others but don't quite make it.

Anyone want to play injured?

I do like the Jupiter crashing down before their eyes. They'd have to scramble just to help the people inside not knowing who they are unit Erik and Theo recognize them. Just letting you all know that this weekend will be extremely busy for me at work Will try and get as much posts as I can out, but Mother's Day has always been an extremely busy weekend for work.

Or the fourth Jupiter literally comes crashing down before their eyes, maybe in the body of water they've been mapping.
As long as it can still be used as our 'banishment' spot, though if it floats it starts to sound more like a vacation home on the lake than a punishment.

Thanks for the heads up @apollo247 hopefully we have the new family sorted out this weekend.

@Fandomizer do you have an opinion on RPing within the small group first then joining the larger, or do you want to get right to the large group? I'm good either way, there are plenty of story ideas to go either route. I don't mind deciding on my own but I do like to get input from players.

I think I would prefer arriving and maybe back flashing to things that happened in the way there, or having characters talk about it.
Seems reasonable.

@Devil in the Details if you are comfortable doing so, please feel free to start a thread titled "Moltke Jupiter", that is where any family specific flashback writing can go. Your first post can reflect either flashback or crash landing.

@MsBloom it would seem that this would interrupt your current scene with @apollo247 (at some convenient or not so convenient spot for Kat and Theo). If you and @Devil in the Details want to coordinate on the specific first contact be it visual sight of the crash, radio distress call, or in person excursion, whatever works for you two. The rest of us can follow your lead.

Eventually the merge will migrate to the main IC thread once we get through these initial scenes.

Any questions or objections, just let me know. We still have a few characters to flesh out so no rush, but wanted to give you all a bit of time to contemplate.

Hey y’all. Busy weekend. I’ll get replies up , Saturday evening and Sunday. Hope you’re all doing well.

There are maps on the very first post of the OOC thread. Based on the Netflix show, there was a Jupiter that crashed with no real explosions or fires or anything like that. Ladders to get between decks, or were you thinking more technology?

FYI, @dreamer is working on their character and suggested he can be treated as injured/unconscious if we need to keep the story moving.

She had also inquired about a second character which I have encouraged. Probably daughter/female so stay tuned. Given the chaos of a crash it will take a while to get sorted anyway.

BTW does anyone know who the girl is I used as a face claim for Sable? I knew it for a hot minute but forgot, and I want to look up other pictures of her.

f8bbb84c4cb76fdcb6de2fa01afe9353.gif
Taylor Momsen playing Jenny Humphrey

Back
Top Bottom