Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

Yeah, I can see it as a possibility.
I assume you are talking about being Allen's bastard son?

I haven't really visualized where they are yet. I was kinda hooping it would just come to me. lol
They landed in a lake, about a 1/4 mile from shore.

Assuming the basically round ship has thrusters around it, they could pick two of them to switch on and off to make the ship go. They would steer kind of like using twin propellers on a boat. Both to go straight, the right one to turn left and vice versa. Probably need a third person to direct them.

Or maybe if they had a really long pole! Or a whole lot of rope.

@xavierrol So, down to have an unknown son? Wait, how old is Allen again?
Allen is 42 so your character could realistically be 16 to 26. The high end would suggest he got a girl (or woman) pregnant in high school, which I can work with. But he has had multiple affairs with younger women so anywhere in that range should work.

I was thinking 25 so maybe he's like a highschool lover's kid, which could explain why he holds it against his father, for not being there. Etc.

I was thinking 25 so maybe he's like a highschool lover's kid, which could explain why he holds it against his father, for not being there. Etc.

This is of course just an idea but when we do get to the next stage in the breeding program (IE when most of the females have had their first on world child) if YC was paired with Kat, assuming her marriage to Allen lasts that long of course.

Mom could have been a classmate or even a teacher or other older woman. Probably never told him but he would see his own likeness and the mom's easily enough. So he has been what, stalking Allen for a few years, got a gig on the Resolute then stowed away with one of the families at the last moment. Probably easiest to make it the Moltke's?

This is of course just an idea but when we do get to the next stage in the breeding program (IE when most of the females have had their first on world child) if YC was paired with Kat, assuming her marriage to Allen lasts that long of course.
Would it be of interest to have the 'bastard' (for lack of a better name at this point) and Kat hook up outside of the rules as a sort of payback/rebellion?

In my opinion, I'd like to see Kat and Allen stay 'officially' together largely out of Allen minimizing her options (like having Judy keep Theo interested) and using his influence over the pairings via Judy.

Would there be room for a young couple, newlyweds who start off very in love but the breeding program destroys their marriage? That was the first idea that came to me when I noticed this OOC thread!

It is an interesting idea, I like it. My only reservation is that we are going through some growing pains at the moment. Did you have a partner in mind?

Welcome to the group everyone that's new! I'm the same with MsBloom. Just waiting to be able to write Kat and Theo's arrival. Let me now and Theo will be able to help where he can.

Would it be of interest to have the 'bastard' (for lack of a better name at this point) and Kat hook up outside of the rules as a sort of payback/rebellion?

In my opinion, I'd like to see Kat and Allen stay 'officially' together largely out of Allen minimizing her options (like having Judy keep Theo interested) and using his influence over the pairings via Judy.

That could be an interesting pairing of course and I can also see them staying officially married but not much more than on paper.

I'd be happy to play both husband and wife.

I am suggesting the female be a Retconned daughter of the O'Donnell family and she will be paired with the illegitimate son of Allen Stevensen @KaeganofAmber both having escaped with the original group. The husband was assumed perished with the Resolute but escapes with the Moltke's for a somewhat awkward reunion with his new wife. (I'm open to discussion from the larger group if there are any issues I may have overlooked here.)

Character Profiles for @dreamer @KaeganofAmber and @Shelob should be in place by Friday night (your time) so we can begin writing in earnest this weekend.

That could be an interesting pairing of course and I can also see them staying officially married but not much more than on paper.
As long as "on paper" means he retains his 'spousal rights' he won't mind too much. But we can see how THAT plays out, should be fun.

Okay this is what I came up with for the newlywed couple.

12647289.jpg

Name: Tiffany Hynes
Sexual Orientation: Bi-curious (but would never admit it)
On World Occupation: Farmer (Former biologist)

Tiff grew up in a small town in Illinois to fairly conservative parents who kept her sheltered in her youth. Boys were always interested in her but Tiff's parents kept a close eye on her and encouraged her to avoid having male friends or really spending much time with them at all. A girly girl partially by design, she was raised in a room full of pink and frilly lace with all the dolls a girl could want. Science was always a love of hers, though, and rather than play with dolls she often chose to play in their garden, check out the cool bugs there, and nurture the sickly house plants her mother often neglected.

In college she majored in biology and met an amazing guy named Michael who swept her off her feet. Athletic and strong, but also humble and disciplined, Tiffany believed she had found the perfect man. As soon as they graduated they got married. They've only been married a short while now and the plan was to start working on a family as soon as they got to Alpha Centauri. Tiffany's dream was to get away from the polluted and ruined Earth and start fresh on a beautiful new world.

Kinks: Tiffany's idea of kinky would include giving blowjobs or wearing sexy lingerie. However, once the breeding program starts to influence her tastes she'll learn that she enjoys facials, hair pulling, verbal abuse, degradation, rough sex, etc.

5388bf11681517f0fdb26f00ccce387d.jpg

Name: Michael Hynes
Sexual Orientation: Straight
On World Occupation: Builder

Mike grew up in Oak Park, Illinois, to a modest life. His parents were salt of the Earth people, Dad a plumber and his mother an accountant. When he was young he father pushed Mike to play virtually every sport he could. It was a lot of his father living vicariously through him and Mike knew it, so he humored his father for years. While Mike wasn't that crazy about the sports, he did enjoy working out. More than any of his teammates, Mike loved to work up a sweat and see just how hard he could push himself.

In college, athletics took a backseat and Mike tried to focus on figuring out what he wanted to do with his life. He had gotten a job working for a contractor to help pay for his schooling when he met Tiffany. The two of them hit it off really well and got serious fast. After she graduated he dropped out of school entirely and they got married. Getting onto the resolute was more challenging for Michael who lacked the higher education credentials after not finishing college but his scores for health and fitness along with his ability to help literally build the new colony saved him.

Kinks: Mike has always held back for Tiffany's sake simply because he wanted her to enjoy sex. This is likely a trait he'll carry into the breeding program though with a willingness to try new things with his partners that Tiffany would never have agreed to.

As long as "on paper" means he retains his 'spousal rights' he won't mind too much.

Will it be some kind of possessiveness from Allen's side, on top of a wish to maintain an image of a functional family?

Okay this is what I came up with for the newlywed couple.

Both played by you I assume. I suppose that could work. Now we just need to figure out which Jupiter they escaped on. They could have been stuck with the Moltkes in orbit up until the crash or maybe have escaped with one of the three original Jupiters somehow.

---

Because of the new additions to the group I have been starting to think about the reason for all these unrelated characters to be on the Jupiters they are on and even if perhaps this seems like a bit far stretched as backstories go I'm thinking that while only families had their own Jupiters and others, unattached people, like Maitland, Dr Smith, Theo and Tag were housed in some kind of dormitories on The Resolute and upon arrival at the intended destination would have been sent to the surface in larger transport ships. However those transport ships were among the first to be destroyed and everyone had to scramble to find a seat wherever they could. This could be the case for the newly weds as well.

@LeaT and I were talking about retconning Tiffany as being on the O'Donnell Jupiter and making her the daughter of Megan and Marcus.

Mike escaped separately but both Mike and Tiffany have no idea that the other survived. Mike could have escaped with the Moltkes or he could have come down on an escape pod or something like that. I love the idea of him showing up after she's spent a week or two without him. I was telling Lea that Tiffany would seek out whoever had alcohol and trade favors for alcohol so she could drown her sorrows.

@MsBloom If Tag wants yet another girl to manipulate I'd be fine with that. I think the only other person to mention having alcohol was one of her brothers so maybe she can get some alcohol but not as much as she wants?

Will it be some kind of possessiveness from Allen's side, on top of a wish to maintain an image of a functional family?
More the former than the latter I think. He isn't real image conscious so much as possessive. I can't imagine her taking that passively, but there are some survival issues going on that might make just up and leaving problematic for her, not the least of which might be her mother.

I am suggesting the female be a Retconned daughter of the O'Donnell family and she will be paired with the illegitimate son of Allen Stevensen @KaeganofAmber both having escaped with the original group. The husband was assumed perished with the Resolute but escapes with the Moltke's for a somewhat awkward reunion with his new wife.
@LeaT and I were talking about retconning Tiffany as being on the O'Donnell Jupiter and making her the daughter of Megan and Marcus.

This is actually brilliant and entirely in line with what I have been thinking regarding the single adults.

@MsBloom it was entirely Lea's idea and I just went with it but I think it really works well for what I want to do with Tiffany and her marriage.

If my characters get approved I'm happy to post Mike there in the wreck with the Moltke's. He can help Erik get Axel out of the wreck unless Sani gets to it first.

I'm still eager to find someone who might be willing to take advantage of Tiffany's vulnerable state just before the breeding program began. If Tag's too busy then I'm open to others as well!

Because of the new additions to the group I have been starting to think about the reason for all these unrelated characters to be on the Jupiters they are on and even if perhaps this seems like a bit far stretched as backstories go I'm thinking that while only families had their own Jupiters and others, unattached people, like Maitland, Dr Smith, Theo and Tag were housed in some kind of dormitories on The Resolute and upon arrival at the intended destination would have been sent to the surface in larger transport ships. However those transport ships were among the first to be destroyed and everyone had to scramble to find a seat wherever they could. This could be the case for the newly weds as well.
I see Maitland as being a normal part of the Stevensen extended family. Some others, like Tag or Sani, might have been friendly with the family so it wasn't purely coincidence. Others like Dr. Smith were likely more of a emergency life boat type of thing where the ship was blowing up and they just took refuge with strangers. So characters and families can define that as they see fit. I see things just happening too fast for any sort of organized, get to the right place type of thing.

I'm still eager to find someone who might be willing to take advantage of Tiffany's vulnerable state just before the breeding program began. If Tag's too busy then I'm open to others as well!

I'm sure Tag can make time to console a grieving widow. I know me and Lea has been talking about trying to get all the public threads in chronological phase with each other as much as possible over the next few days but with Tiffany being a new character and everything perhaps we can back track to even before the initial meeting where the breeding program is decided. Let's say she spends three days just crying but then goes out looking for something to take the edges off the emotional pain. We can discuss detail in pm perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom