Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rage of Dust (1x1 w/ DarkMudkip)

Fear gripped her tight, eyes wide and mouth open slightly. A bug? No, Akihime couldn’t be possibly be suggesting what she thought she was. Shoving the other Gundam off, she jumped back to her feet. “You don’t get to ask anything of me.”

Her image disappeared from Megohime's screen as Ipos stood away, "I suppose I deserve that. Ikuzo, Sasuke."
"Uh...yeah..." Ipos ran off at a near unseeable speed, Sasuke's Hyakuren barely able to keep up.

“I’m not done with you, Akihime!!” Megohime said, ready to take off after Akihime, blood still boiling at finding her hiding out so close.

Masamune and Motochika, who had been frozen the whole engagement, grabbed Shax before Megohime could run after the two.
"Settle down!" Masamune yelled, "Let them go!"

Megohime gnashed her teeth and watched Akihime disappear. “Why’d you stop me, I could’ve taken her!!”

"I didn't give you an order to engage, you flew off the handle and you could have gotten us killed if she really were Gjallarhorn. Are you insane?" Masamune hissed.

Megohime let out a noise of frustration as she shoved Masamune and Motochika off of her. “It’s none of your business anyway!” She snapped back at him.

Megohime felt like she had been smacked across the face, it finally clicking in her head how she was acting; it still hurt though, finding Akihime there. “... Fine, let’s just get the shit loaded up.” She muttered.

Motochika went to work quickly, not wanting Masamune's anger pointed at him next. There were a lot of scrap parts and reusable machinery from the mobile workers that they could bring back with them, making this haul relatively good.

Megohime worked in silence, grabbing what Masamune had told her to, using her bigger Gundam to load up the heavier items.

When they finished up and got back to the ship, when Megohime disembarked from Shax she was immediately met with a hard physical slap across the face.
"Ryuu-niisan!" Motochika gasped. Masamune was furious.
"If you ever go off like that again, I'll leave you and your fucking gundam scuttled in space left to drift. Do you understand?"

Megohime’s head was forced to the side from the slap, cheek stinging and red, but she didn’t fight back. “Got it.” She muttered, but met his gaze with a defiant glare. “Won’t happen again.” Akihime’s words bothered her the most, was she being serious? Could she have actually been chipped by Gyobu? She wouldn’t put it passed him.

"Motochika, take her to the brig. Let her sit and think about what she's done." Masamune ordered. Motochika nodded and gently took Megohime's arm.
"Let's go, lass.."

Megohime scowled softly, shaking Motochika’s grip free from her arm. “I don’t need to be led like a child.” She muttered. “No where to run too anyway.” She shoved her hands in her jacket pockets, motioning for Motochika to lead her.

Megohime only followed him, not really much in the mood for conversation; she gave a soft grunt, mind elsewhere. She’d behave though, she’d go and allow herself to be locked up in the brig, wait until Masamune was satisfied, even if it meant putting her escape on hold.

Megohime watched the giant of a man walk away, moving the the cot in the corner of the room and falling into it. She spent nearly an hour thinking of Akihime’s words, unable to shake the feeling of anxiety in her chest.
She sat bolt upright in the cot, pulling the jacket off and feeling her neck, legs, arms— anywhere he could’ve implanted a chip into her. Then she felt it, a small hard spot in her forearm, one she never would’ve noticed if she wasn’t looking for it. Absolute terror consumed her, hands shaking as she pulled the knife from her boot, pressing the blade against her flesh. How could she not have thought about it? How could she have been so stupid and unprepared? Pushing the blade into her arm, blood dripped down her forearm, but she didn’t stop, even when the pain throbbed from her arm. She had to get it out, no matter what, she was going to cut the chip out.

His words fell on deaf ears, Megohime transfixed one trying to dig out the chip, she could see it now, a small blinking chip deep within the muscle of her arm. Blood was pooling on the floor at her feet, the sleeve of her jacket clenched between her teeth to muffle her noises of pain, eyes glued to the chip. What a fool she was, she should’ve been more observant, should’ve seen it before, how could she not have?

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" The door was ripped open and Masamune rushed in, grabbing her wrist and pulling the knife away, "What the fuck are you doing?!"

Megohime struggled to yank away from him, finally meeting his eye and being brought out of her trance. “If I don’t get it out, he’ll bring a whole fleet here!” She argued, looking almost frantic. “It needs to be destroyed!”

“Then let me get sick!” She snapped, her struggling causing the blood to leak down her arm. Something caught Masamune’s eye, within the wound Megohime had created on her arm, was a blinking object, partially buried in the muscle. Is that what she was talking about?

Back
Top Bottom