Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rage of Dust (1x1 w/ DarkMudkip)

Jin was piloting her own Hyakuren, a customized one that looked different from the others attacking Masamune, but she stayed back, sending orders from her place beyond the battlefield.

"Masamune! Megohime!" Kojurou's voice yelled as he rushed back with their weapons as well as a few extra men.
"Matsunaga don't know when to quit, huh?!" Motochika growled.

Megohime took the replacement weapon. “Thanks, Kojurou!” She said, taking aim to shoot back at Matsunaga’s men.

Megohime quickly handled the Hyakuren attacking her, then switched over to providing cover fire for the ship, trying to get them to abandon their attack on the ship.

Jin ordered a retreat when Motochika and Megohime started to engage the Hyakuren assaulting the ship, falling back to their own ship a safe distance away.

“Masamune, we should go after them, there aren’t that many!” Megohime moved over to Masamune’s Graze, a scowl on her face.

Megohime hesitated briefly, but Shax lowered its gun. “Right, I’ll head back.” She said; out of them all, she probably wanted to stick it to Matsunaga the most.

The Hyakuren didn’t make any more moves to attack, allowing for Masamune and his men to retreat back to their Mars-bound ship.
“Are they going to try and stop us from returning back to Mars?” Megohime asked Masamune, oxygen tank hooked up to her again now that she was disconnected from Shax.

Megohime nodded, knowing she couldn’t do much to assist in repairing regards, but that she could act as a vanguard for them. “Just tell me where I’m needed.”

Megohime nodded. “I know, I’ll call for back up if we need it.” She said, heading back to Shax and getting ready to head back out to guard with Motochika.

Megohime felt awkward and shameful when she pulled Shax beside Motochika’s Graze. “Yeah, said to help keep guard on the ship while they work on the repairs.” He probably still hated every fiber of her being, and she didn’t blame him- she had caused Nana’s accident that injured her terribly and destroyed her prosthetic leg.

"Well, yer better than nothin.." He said, "You better keep up, and be aware of the wide swings." He smacked his axe in the palm of his hand like it was a bat.

Megohime knew it was foolish to think he had forgiven her in any aspect, she didn’t deserve his forgiveness, hadn’t earned it back. “Right.” She answered, trying not to let his warning get too under her skin. “Just stay out of range and I’ll make sure you don’t take anything in the back.”

Megohime felt on edge sitting alone with Motochika, knowing he’d be able to beat her in any fight- piloting Shax or not. It wasn’t just his sheer size, there was an intensity about him she just didn’t have. Turning off her coms so he wouldn’t hear her, she sat back in Shax, watching the far off ships of Matsunaga in silence.

Any time a Hyakuren mkved, Motochika rose his axe, but none of them approached. What were they waiting for? And who was that flashy cunt in the back? Motochika hated all of them. He was angry when Nana lost her prosthetic and took it out on Megohime unfairly. He knew that, but he was too proud to apologize. It wasn't her fault Nana got hurt. She was protecting everyone the best she could, at least that's what Nana told him. Nana was never wrong, not to him.

“Motochika.” Megohime’s voice suddenly crackled to life over his coms. “They’re coming.”
Five Hyakuren were charging at the two of them, the remaining six hanging back, including the Hyakuren that seemed to be calling the shots.
Shax lifted the heavy rifle, taking aim at the incoming Hyakuren and firing.

Back
Top Bottom