Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rage of Dust (1x1 w/ DarkMudkip)

Megohime shot him a glare that told him the same. “I can pilot Shax, you don’t need to murder a bunch of children.” She said venomously.

“I’m not doing it for free.” She said firmly. “I’ll pilot Shax for you, and in return you’ll provide Masamune with what he needs.” Megohime bargained.

Megohime almost couldn’t bring herself to look at Masamune, feeling like she had just made a terrible mistake. Forcing herself to look at Masamune, she managed a smile that didn’t look quite as terrified as she felt. “It’s good right? It’s just some extra work, nothing I can’t handle; it’s for the family.”

Megohime couldn’t believe she had actually used that word; family. It felt wrong of her to even speak that word aloud, but she couldn’t keep dragging down Masamune with her incompetence.
“I can have a ship to haul Shax out of here within the next forty-eight hours.” Jin said as she fished a phone from her jacket, turning and leaving for a bit a privacy as she called her crew back out in orbit.

"We will see you then." Matsunaga said and bowed his head before walking off. Masamune grabbed Megohime.
"What are you thinking...?!"

Megohime fought the urge to collapse right there. “I’m trying to pull my weight, I cost us too much to not bring in something..!”

"You don't know what he has planned! I don't even know! He could fucking put your brain in there to avoid needing a pilot for all we know!" He snapped.

Megohime didn’t flinch, she just let him yell at her. “I can’t just run away because I’m scared.”

“I dunno, I don’t really see myself as a lamb to slaughter.” She managed a smirk with her badly bruised face. “Maybe the butcher should be more afraid of wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

“I’ll be sure to contact you when I can...” She averted her eyes, feeling embarrassed at her next words. “You guys are still my family..” She muttered.

Megohime smiled softly at his comment, but still struggled to put off her unease. The next few days seemed to speed by, and as Jin’s team loaded Shax up for transport, Nana was there to hand over any notes and files she had made on the Gundam to Jin personally. She was back in her old wheelchair while she worked on her new prosthetic, arm in a cast and being supervised by Kojurou, but she was in good enough shape to be out and about for a while. “Everything should be in there, anything of note and every repair or upgrade I made.” She said with a nod, transferring a file on Shax to Jin’s tablet from her own.
“Thank you, I appreciate it.” Jin said with a bow.

Megohime smiled. “Wouldn’t want to disappoint.” She said, trying to keep her spirits high, even though the heavy feeling of loneliness was already starting to weigh on her.

Megohime gave a soft smile to Masamune. “I’ll keep in touch when I can.” She said, then turned and moved over to Matsunaga to leave, a soft frown on her face.

Looking at Matsunaga made her feel sick, he radiates the same kind of aura Gyobu had, only Matsunaga was less direct about it. She walked just behind him as they headed for the the ship that would take her out into orbit and separate her from her newfound family.

Back
Top Bottom