Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Urban Sphinx (w Rain K)

Polly giggled. "No. It really works. That car was homemade, and it did take several months. As for the shrink Ray, you're not far off the mark. Now that I'm 16, I still need a driver's license to drive it because it's a gas powered engine and not a battery operated one like my Jeep. Grab my hands. Ready? Tiny Power!" In a locket flash all three were 1/12 their original size. "Hop in. KC, in the back there, pop open that fishing tackle box. You'll find a compress that feels just cool to the touch, and place it against your swollen eye. It'll get cold immediately, upon touch to the injured area. You can thank Shani later as she invented it. There's also some juice hugs under that top part in the actual cooler." She got behind the steering wheel and fastened her seatbelt. "Rule one of the Pocket-mobile. I don't start her up until everyone has their seatbelts on... Safety first." Polly held the keys in her hands watching her passengers. "And you might wanna buckle up in a hurry." People were starting to come out of the school.

KC glanced across at her as she continued on about the car talking on and on about it for the moment until she stepped forward explaining what they needed to do. "Sure I'll bit not like I haven't seen some stranger things before." She shrugged and stepped forward to take the other girls hand and then when she yelled out she gasped and suddenly she was very tiny standing next to a regular-sized car. "Ok that's pretty cool honestly." She quickly hopped into the back and following Pollys instructions opened the box and snagged the compress before pushing it to her eye and letting out a sigh. Looking up at her she nodded and pulled her buckled on before leaning into the chair with another moan. "So um ain't it gonna take us forever to get there now that we're all tiny and can potentially be squished?"

Polly gave a hearty laugh as she put the key in and turned the ignition. "What is 1/12 of 60 miles per hour? Multiply that answer by two because of the high octane fuel this baby uses, and the fact that Chili's is only two miles away." She looked in the rear view mirror as they went 0-10 in the space of a second and zipped along the sidewalk, Polly expertly dodging feet, and other obstacles (including a grabby hand of Sarah's). "I wasn't whistling Dixie when I said I passed my driving test for my license. Have a little faith!" She grinned. "Unless you fully trust someone... Don't divulge this. I suspect I could trust Zara, but Angie... Seriously. If you know the person will exploit this knowledge for financial gain... Mum's the word." She quickly swatted Angie on the shoulder. "Keep your hand inside. We're traveling SIXTY of our size miles an hour. You can lose that hand."

"But we're only travelling ten! I just did the math! One fifth of 60 is 12. Oh. At 25-30 miles an hour... And factoring in missed lights..."

Polly nodded. "Almost identical in time, because the lights are on a timer set at normal speed. We're doing 1/3rd that. We'll get there at the same time everyone else does... Roughly. But to us, as people... We're traveling highway speed. So kindly keep your hands inside the vehicle." They sped through a crosswalk as the don't walk sign started flashing, using the wheelchair ramps on each side of the street. "Everyone behind us just missed a light." She chirped looking quickly in the rear view mirror. "How ya doing, KC? Enjoying the ride?"

KC groaned as Polly talked back to her "Ohhh I don't want to do math, but even if we do go really fast we still only travel at about a normal persons jogging speed yea so I'm still confused."
She closed her eyes and leaned back in the seat letting them begin to zip along occasionally she would open her eyes to stare out the window enjoying the view of all the normal stuff being so big and them being so small. She gave a small giggle when they were almost snagged but the apparent race car driver was expertly zipping them through the crowds and obstacles. She glanced out the window at Angies hand then chuckled as she got in trouble with Polly.

After a moment she kicked the chair in front of her
"Hush you two schools out and math sucks." She shook her head with a chuckle as the two continued to argue and they zipped across the road which made her a little more worried than the sidewalk. People were one thing but cars were massive and heavy. Glancing up at Polly in the mirror she smiled and nodded "Doing fine hun this is pretty cool if a little nervewracking at times."

"Lila, Shani, Nic and I used to do this kind of stuff for an adventure starting five years ago when I got this locket from my grandma. It's been in the family for generations." Polly explained to KC. "Besides it being a gift from my grandma, you can probably see why I don't let it out of my sight." She was focused more on the path now, but all three could tell when they crossed a driveway or crosswalk. "Turning here at the library, on to the main drag. We're halfway to Chili's."

"We traveled a mile already?" Angie asked.

Polly nodded as she sped around a Yorkshire Terrier and in between it and the owner.

"You sure that was halfway?"

Polly sighed and nodded again. "Positive. That light marks halfway. I've been in dad's car. From Poseidon High to that intersection is exactly one mile."

"We got there in five minutes and forty-two seconds. So guess what... You're doing faster than sixty."

Polly shook her head. "I built this thing. I've got the pedal floored. Top speed is sixty. Have you thought of anyone who you could trust with this?"

Angie sighed. "I won't tell Daddy. I don't know if I can convince Mumsy not to go blabbing to him. Wentworth is loyal though. He won't tell a soul."

Polly stayed silent. The question on her mind she'd leave for KC to ask. Five minutes later they turned into the driveway of Chili's, passing the Pepboys they could have left the Mustang at and walked back to where Chili's was. Polly parked the car and got out.

Angie quipped, "You did more than 60, girly. Not much, but definitely over 60. We got here in eleven minutes, twenty-four seconds!"

"Just take my hand so I can get us the right size again, Angie..." Polly sighed, unamused. "Go Big!"

KC continued to watch everything fly by outside as she listened to Polly explain where she got this stuff "So is it magic or is it Science? And yea all this stuff I can easily see why you would be so protective of it. Although I probably wouldn't wrap it in bubble wrap, maybe line your bag with it but definitely don't wrap the car with it cause then you gotta remove it anytime you want to go for a drive." She once turned back to looking out of the window rolling her eyes at the other girls conversation as they bickered back and forth with each other. Shaking her head she sighed and leaned back in her chair. "I probably won't tell anyone else if you wanna tell Zara you can or just let it find out like I did."

She chuckled and shrugged some until finally they stopped in the parking lot and were able to hop out, once again she marveled at the sheer size of everything else until she snagged Pollys hand. Blushing some as she held it she let out a small gasp like last time as they started to grow yet again. Standing up straight she groaned and rubbed the back of her head before giving Polly a smile "That was pretty cool Polly."

"It uses a special rock to power it, but it's definitely magic." Polly explained. "You're not getting all my secrets at once. And I trust you enough, KC, to decide if you'll tell Zara. I don't know her as well as you do, or I know Catra. Catra knows, but I think has too many kitties on the brain to take a chance with an adventure." She waited a few more minutes, before sighing. "Okay. I give up. Is Wentworth your valet, butler?"

"Well... He kinda could be a butler, I guess." Angie smirked. "Oh. I need twelve from the mascot. We pooled all our money already, and it's on one bill. As captain, that would be my responsibility."

Polly nodded, just as a bunch of the cars pulled up into parking places. Polly was blocking the view of her car, parked by the rosebush on the sidewalk. "You mind if KC and I sit separately?" She asked handing the money over to Angie.

"Yes... As you're my ride home." Angie said low just as some members joined them. "Or I should say... My ticket to you two getting a limo ride home. Now... Shall we go eat?"

KC nodded and smiled some as she shrugged "Can't imagine you have too many more secrets pocket haha. And nah I won't tell Zara it's your secret to tell sides I bet you two could trade secrets although no offense but hers is a tad cooler. Also with the cat thing, you will find that comment far funnier one day trust me." She laughed shaking her head some as they stood back waiting for the team and squad to move in. KC raised a brow at Polly handing some money over not to sure if she was cool with that given it had been a bet between them and Polly had agreed to be the mascot for the night also considering the regular mascot just walked past them. But if Polly was ok with it then she'd stay in her lane.

Glancing around she watched as the last girl shuffled by then smiled and moved on in making sure to hold the door open for the two girls.
"Beauties first tonight the beast will follow." she chuckled some pointing at her mark which had gone down considerably thanks to the ice packet. "Lets sit on the other side Polly, the girls can get kind of rowdy."

Polly noticed the look, and fell behind, to keep in step with KC. "Get your lava cake. I gave her my twenty from this week's allowance and a five. I'm technically still buying your dinner if you think about it. She wants to be responsible for the check? Fine. I expected to drop at least $25 anyhoo. I just gave enough for our part of the check. I didn't add tip to that."

They heard Angie announce them all as "The Howerton party". Polly looked ahead. "I know I didn't short change her except in tip, because I intend to still leave one... No matter what." They group of some twenty plus teens were led to a room that had it's own fountain station and the hostess explained that they could get their own drinks, and their server would be along shortly.

Polly slid into a four person table and saved the spot next to her for KC, as the large table where the majority were going to sit filled up. She told KC to get her drink first. She didn't know there was a LARGE selection of sodas to choose from in the party room where the 60+ soft drink dispenser was. For once, at Chili's... Polly could not only have her Pibb, but favorite flavor of Pibb.

KC glanced at her and blushed some as she rubbed the back of her head "That easy to read huh? Sorry just didn't see it as right that you had to pay considering you're not from out school. Not to mention Jane the usual mascot is right over there." She pointed to a girl roughly the same height as Polly with red hair and a decent pair of breasts that filled out the mermaid bra. "But whatever if you're ok with it then I'll keep my mouth shut." She smiled and nodded as she followed the rest of the party further back sticking next to Polly as they wandered.

Glancing down at the seat then at the empty one across from them she blushed and sat down next to her before glancing across at the drink dispenser. "Oh awesome they have a huge dispenser." She gave Polly a nod and standing up starting to move across the room before stopping. "Ohh yea what do you want Polly I'll snag it for you and come one back." She smiled nodding at her option before grabbing a cup and filling hers with rootbeer and Pollys and then heading back settling down again next to Polly and handing it to her "There ya go"

Polly glanced over at Jane, who was a tad fuller, although Polly herself was a C, she cleared her throat and told KC she wanted a blue raspberry Pibb. After taking a drink, she nodded approvingly. "Two squirts, blue raspberry. How'd you know?" The blonde teen with the single pink stripe held up a hand for a high five. The sixteen person long table left seven girls without, and Angie gave up her spot for Sarah, while the four others took the other four person table up from Polly and KC. Noticing this and the captain starting to seem to be 'making the rounds' checking on everyone, she said to KC, "German Shepherd at three o'clock... Policing everyone. I don't think rowdy is gonna be allowed, tonight."

No sooner was that out of her mouth, Angie growled and swatted one of KCs teammates in the back of the head for getting loud, and glared at one member of her own squad, pointing at her for instigating it. "Yeeesh. I rest my case." Polly gulped. "Angie's seems like the second most mature among us." She looked at KC, aiming for eye contact, to indicate who POLLY thought was the most mature.

Shortly the server came in to take everyone's orders.

KC settled down with their drinks and chuckled as she shrugged "Just went with my gut, although I have to say I've never seen anyone put raspberry in a Mr. Pibb or even a Dr. Pepper." She chuckled and settled down sipping at her drink as she watched the rest of the squad figure out where they'd go. Once everyone was good Angie started her rounds moving from group to group talking and checking in and going after any she felt were out of line. "Haha well she won't be able to hold out for long otherwise she'll be on her feet the whole night and not get to eat." she chuckled and shook her head some as they both sat and watched the girl

She smiled up at the waitress and place her order in for their chicken crispers before she turned to find Polly staring at her.
"Wait you think I'm the most mature here are you serious. Why would you think that I'm not nearly as bad as Bolt over there." She nodded to Angie before turning back to Polly "Come on"

Polly shook her head. "You even took the incentive on my order. You did it again. Usually I get ribs, but I wanted something different. As I saw the waitress coming, I was thinking over and over, I'll have what she's having. I'll have what she's having. So... Either you're more mature than Rin Tin Tin... Or you're freaking clairvoyant." She looked over at Angie for a minute as she took tacos and pointed to Polly and KC's table. "If she can pull herself away from her self appointed job... She's joining this table when the meals come." She shrugged. "I don't mind as long as she doesn't try to police the conversation." Not knowing Angie just policed behavior.

KC raised a brow and then turned back around realizing the waitress was gone. "Ok, that was an accident I was ordering for me I didn't know she'd take it as your order as well." She chuckled and shook her head "I am far from mature though seriously what makes you think I am. I mean Scooby over there is running around chomping at the bit to get everyone in line. Whereas I'm just chilling here talking to shrink a dink." She smiled and gave her a wink before glancing up at Angie and then nodded to Polly. "That's fine with me and as long as you two don't start talking math and science again I'll be good." She laughed and rubbed her head as she sipped at her drink

Polly put both hands on her cheeks, elbows sitting on the table, grinning ear to ear, eyes half closed as she looked next to her. "You said 'we'll have'... Like you knew. And you were spot on." She removed her elbows from the table as Angie came by and stare-glared at Polly's elbows. Never mind they weren't eating yet. As Angie continued on, Polly continued her thought. "You seem to have that air about you. I mean, I doubt seriously that if you were the hostess, you wouldn't be so Scrooge with correct restaurant etiquette, as Spike the bulldog, there."

KC looked down at her as Polly leaned forward on the table and looked her up and down those half lidded eyes staring her down. "Well, whatever you wanted something new right well you got it." She huffed and nodded before glancing back at her out of the corner of her eye "I'm not magic or psychic I'm just me and for some reason that means everyone tells me their secrets....and oh damn it I am responsible." She huffed and lay her head on the table receiving her own glare "No I'm not like Lassier but I also think its more me being a ditz and simply forgetting what people tell me." She sat back up and playfully glared at the girl "Hey you got to stop bullying me I took a bottle for you."

Angie kind of huffed, almost an acknowledgement of what KC did for her but still continued... Barking at one of her girls, next about elbows on the table, and to sit up straight. She glanced over at Polly and KC.

"Geez. She actually got on one of her own teammates. Verbally. At least she just glared at us... Maybe she didn't forget the bottle." Polly surmised.

After about fifteen minutes of watching Angie make the rounds, the dinners came in. Polly licked her lips as she looked at the chicken crispers. "Oohh, that looks positively scrumptious! Thanks again, KC!"

Angie came over and sat down at her spot, and her tacos and took a deep breath. "Talk QUIETLY." She barked at the other ladies. "Remember. You're representing the Howertons AND Poseidon High School."

So that's it. Polly thought with a glance toward KC, as she gave a subtle head point to Angie. "So... Angie... Daddy Howerton a big contributor to the public High School?"

"We actually own it. Well, a commanding share of the whole district, Pocket. When the last tax levy failed, Daddy and a bunch of other rich people who care about education bailed the district out." She began eating her taco. "And by the whole district... Including Oak Bridge. So that means you're here as a representative of the Howertons, too."

One of the girls asked for dessert, and Angie looked at the volleyballer who asked. "Are you co-MVP of tonight's game?" A shake of the head. "Were you tonight's mascot, then?" Another shake. "Then, you get Baskin Robbins like everyone else. The only three that get whatever dessert they want HERE are the co-MVPs and the mascot. You know that's how it works." She then slid an envelope over to KC. "Was to wait, by order of the coach, before giving your certificate to you. There were two MVPs, because you were voted MVP of the first game. Congratulations." She glanced at Polly, before back to KC. "Pocket covered your dessert, KC."

KC shrugged as the head cheerleader glared them down then moved on to the other girls giving them a yell as she did "Mmm maybe or maybe she's trying to impress one of us." She laughed some and shook her head just enjoying chatting with Polly for the moment until the waitress arrived with their dinner. "Yea yea you're welcome." She smirked and shook her head as she snagged one of the crispers and snacked away.

KC raised a brow feigning surprise before rolling them and leaning in to wisper to Polly
"She's not to bad about it but hey at least once a day we here how this or that is owned by her family." She giggled and shook her head before leaning back to eat at her dinner and listen to Angie talk. She couldn't help but giggle when she shot down the few girls asking for dessert and then she moved the certificate over to her.

Raising a brow she snagged it and looked it over.
"Well damn I really didn't do much tonight but that's awesome so I get dinner, dessert, and some pocket change too. Maybe tonight wasn't so bad haha." She laughed and shook her head some hiding the certificate away before turning to Polly "Yes yes she is and she knows what I want and has to order it for me since I got dinner."

Polly blinked. "Didn't do much? Did you see the same game as the rest of us? I bet anything you assisted on most if not all the points of the first game."

"Not only that, but if you hadn't knocked us outta the way... The second game might've ended at 15 and not 23. AND the Mermaids wouldn't have fallen so far behind early." Angie chimed in, pointing her fork at KC, before digging into her quesadilla (which she cut with fork and knife, eating only the tacos normally).

"Uhhh... Point." Polly managed, glancing at Angie with raised eyebrows.

Sure enough, when the waitress returned asking if there was anything else she could get for them, Polly answered, "Molten Chocolate Cake for her and Paradise Pie for me, please." Polly looked expectant at Angie.

"Pocket... Did I win MVP?"

"Well, no... But..."

Ahhht! Was I mascot then?"

No. I was. But..."

Angie raised an eyebrow and quipped, "What are you? A motorboat? Since I was neither... I get ice cream later like everyone else. Aahht! End of discussion, Pocket! Enjoy your dessert." She then smiled and shook her head at the waitress, informing her to the only other who could, and pointed to her.

Nodding, the waitress only went to the only other girl who could have dessert there to get her order.

KC blushed as the other two defended her playing going on about her for a moment "Oh please the girls would have done fine without me. As evidenced by the second game, sure they lost out early but they brought it back." She smiled and shrugged again as she ate her dinner raising a brow at Angies actions "Ya know you really only need a fork for that, no need to be so dainty with something so soft and good."

As the waitress moved to their tables once more to check on them she turned to Polly and let her ask for their desserts. "Ohh hush Angie no one would put it past you. I mean you organized everything even if you did it with the bite grip of a pit bull." She chuckled and shook her head even as she barked Polly down and the waitress gave them a funny look before she took their order back.

"Well that was something, so what have you guys got going on for the rest of the weekend?" She chuckled giving them each a smile as she worked on her rootbeer

Angie thought for a moment. "Well, there's that function at... Oh. No. Invite only and no one under 18." She took a bite of quesadilla. "There's," She shook her head. "Nope. She unfriended me in the most hostile way. Verbally, in my face yet, this afternoon. Bah! Some neighbor. I'm the captain of the cheer squad. I just couldn't blow off an important game for a pool party, amirite?"

Polly nodded obediently. "Very responsible thing to. Work before play... Although your work is kinda play, too."

Angie did a slow blink. Sighing, she quipped, "Smartass yes girl."

As the waitress brought the desserts, she handed the bill to Angie, who took a look and shrugging nonchalantly, started going into her purse for the pooled money of the squad.

KC chuckled and rolled her eyes as Angie started listing off what she would be doing this weekend then swiftly cutting off every avenue. She chuckled it seemed like the princess wasn't like this just at school. She gave her own low chuckle as Polly teased her and Angie fired right back only for the waitress to set their desserts down. Smiling she licked her lips and eagerly dug into the chocolate dessert.

"Mmm just delicious." She glanced across to Polly and raise a brow "What about you tiny what have you got going on the rest of the weekend. Anything fun or are you stuck doing nothing." She chuckled teasing her a bit before turning back to her chocolate cake

Polly shook her head. "Free tonight, but the Pockets and Drapers go to the Juliannes every Sunday for family game night. Mr. Julianne is very particular about the time. If you're coming, you have to be there at five sharp, and he prefers 24 hour notice because there's a barbecue first. Tomorrow it's 'chorizo dogs' whatever those are."

Angie pointed to her now empty plate. "That was the meat in my tacos. It's a sausage like meat, but I think it's mixed with beef and some delicious Mexican spices. I get this pretty much every time I come here. Never had the brat like sausage, but I think you're in for a zesty treat."

KC raised a brow before chuckling "So thats why that guy who picked up Catra earlier gave Zara the death glare before pointing at his watch." she laughed and shook her head again before returning to her dessert "Well that sounds like fun and pretty good. Personally I'm not one for changing a classic dog unless you're adding chili to it." She smiled and shrugged before glancing up at Angie.

"It can be pretty good but dang girl you need to branch out some try something new now and then." she chuckled as she snagged the last bite of her cake then sat back with a happy sigh. "That was good."

Polly tore into her pie, yet savored the flavors, as Angie again teased KC. "And eat Taco Bell? You forget, KC darlin', I've been spoiled by the good stuff. We didn't get out as much as you might think."

Polly rolled her eyes. "She means other foods. There's a few things I like, but wanted to branch out, tonight. I usually get baby back ribs or a burger or the Cordon Bleu sandwich." She took a sip of her blue raspberry Pibb. "Besides. There are Dos Amigos and Cancun for real Mexican fare."

Angie put the money on the little tray and handed it to the waitress instructing her to keep the change, as Polly excused herself and went out of the room. She had counted. Including Angie's $50 dollar bill, the pooled total was $275. For a bill of $254 before tax, that wasn't going to leave much for such a good waitress. Outside, unseen by others, she slipped another $7 to her, citing she wanted to make sure the waitress received it and not a thief, and came back in , sitting down next to KC. "Angie? Question, curious... Do you need help with percents in math?"

Angie raised an eyebrow. "A little? But if you're implying something I think you are, Pocket... We've got math nerds that can tutor that at Poseidon High."

"Any you already know and worked beside?"

Angie frowned. "Implied, that I actually like." She threw up her hands. "Fine. But everything, including tutors, have to be cleared through Daddy. Here. Call this number Monday between eight and six." She slid a card over to Polly, that KC could see was the Littleton Bank. No wonder they had the money to bail out the school district!

Back
Top Bottom