Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Urban Sphinx (w Rain K)

Catra managed a "it's an art club, but everyone agreed on grades for extra credit on this one..." Zara was pulled to the side and Catra just shrugged it off, not watching.

Nic simply raised an eyebrow and glanced at Polly with a shrug, watching for a moment as Polly filled in details of the horse part of the KC centaur. KC didn't see the turned up nose and expression.

When KC returned, Polly looked over at her. "Nic's cool and all, but I'm not interested in him in that way... To be as tactful as I can... No boy has what interests me, my door swings the other way." She had just lightened up from her blush, and developed pink cheeks as she explained without coming right out with it, that KC herself would stand a better chance of getting Polly then Nic ever would.

Zara blushed as her friend berated her only for her to stalk off and return to her own date? Shaking her head she rubbed the back of her neck as she made her way back to Catra, damn she thought she could get out of this game. Shaking her head she stepped back up beside Catra and smiled down at her. "I guess it's cool if you can get some extra credit out of it that's probably the only reason KC would get up so early on a Saturday." She chuckled before glancing around some then back down at the smaller girl "So lunch? Yay nay screw you Zara for ditching me last night?" She chuckled again as she watched her "Which that is a fair answer and would absolutely be accepted, but just know if that is your answer then you will probably get several texts this week to the point of annoyance." She gave her a crooked grin as she leaned up against the bus

KC found her way back to the table where she settled down and got to work on her mermaid Polly. At her words, though she glanced up listening to what she said
"Ahh that's cool" She nodded to herself before going back to the drawing, so she didn't like Nic maybe another guy would be for her wait 5..4..3..2..2..1 "Ohh...ohhhh..ohhhh." She blushed as she finally got it and shook her head "Man I was way off base there sorry, hmmm I don't really know any girls that like girls other than Zara. Although I think she's pretty into your friend from the looks of things. Granted they've only been on the one date, but Catra seems to be her type." She chuckled and shrugged as she absentmindedly worked on her picture while thinking "Nope I got nothing but if you need a wing lady I can help you out" She smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up blissfully unaware of how she could actually help

"I was thinking about it... Until you got roped into watching the game." Catra commented upon her return. She sighed as she looked over at the blonde who seemed to be bashfully trying to pick up KC, for a date. "Does your friend need hit over the head with a 'I :heart: U' sign? Or does Polly need to get clobbered with a 'Just ask her out, already!' one?" She finally huffed. She shook her head. "I don't know about tonight. And Sunday is family game night, and..." Suddenly she got an idea where everything about her lit up, including a mile long grin. In a singsong voice not unlike Rarity (because she has a pet cat), she cried out, forefinger up, "Eye-DEEE-uh!!" Even Nicolas gave her a startled look, it was that loud. "Why don't you come over Sunday for game night? The Pockets and Drapers will be there. Sooo... I'm inviting you! Your friend tries to snag you for Sunday, you can truthfully go, 'Sorry, already got plans.' Let her stew on that. Life isn't just sports!"

Polly rolled her eyes with a sigh and shook her head. "Look. I'm going to need help getting fitted for, then into the costume tonight, right? Why don't you just start with helping me out with that, before you sign yourself up for wing-girl, huh? That takes more commitment than what's needed tonight, right?" Polly said finally. She had finished the sketch, except equine muscles, and toning KC's arm muscles, and held it up for KC. "I need to fix the arm muscles a little, and give the horse legs a bit more structure, but what do you think?" The background was already filled in and very foresty, along with a "glint" on the point of the arrowhead aimed at the viewer. KCs scowl she had from the 'shout', seemed centaur menacing... If the centaur was still an adolescent, and not fully adult.

Zara smiled and shrugged "That's why I was saying lunch we could snag some burgers or something then head to the game. I watch KC you get to taunt Polly its a win-win haha." She continued to smile before turning where she was looking at the pair of their friends. "Hmm probably both but as far as I know KCs straight. Granted she's never been on a date or done anything else with either a girl or a boy so I don't really know. Although it is quite funny seeing how dense she is." She laughed and shook her head and when she turned back to Catra she had to take a step back what with the look she was giving her and then she yelled out and spooked her even more. After the little outburst, Zara gave her own crooked smile and nodded her head "Hey I like that idea I enjoy making her showing her up. She thinks I'm unapproachable or something I mean come on tiny you sidled right up to me." She huffed pretending to be mad at her friend before letting out another chuckle and winking at the smaller girl "Do I need another collared dress kitty cat?"

KC glanced up at her and nodded her head "That sounds like a fine idea because from what I hear that costume is a bit of a witch with a b." She giggled and turned back to her drawing her tongue poking out as she concentrated on it. She had Polly laying on the rock her hand in her hair with the wind tossing some small waves behind her. The tail she had bright and shiny towards the top but the further down one went the darker it got. She added in the detail around her stomach and chest glancing up at Polly now and then to get a better perspective until she was finished up. Fortunately, it seemed she and Polly were done about the same time so she traded papers with her "Hmmm I love it hehe I look like a badass." She smiled tracing over the body with her eyes before letting out a gasp when Catra yelled. "I think your friend has an idea and by the looks of it, it involves Zara hehe." She chuckled and shook her head before turning back to Polly "Seriously though this is awesome."

Catra apologized for spooking Zara, before shaking her head. "As tempting as that sounds, I have to go straight home after the club. I have no idea what is going on, but I'm going to have to take a raincheck. That's why I offered gamenight, which really starts around five. No. Nothing like that... Comfortable, yet casual. Sweats will work but not pajamas. Lila actually tried pyjamas once and got called out for it by my dad. If you plan to stay the night, which can happen if we play Monopoly... You can wear your bedclothes under your regular clothes."

Polly nodded, blushing as she realized she made a cute mermaid. She bit her lower lip as she realized she was starting to lust for a paper drawing of herself. "Dang. I need a girlfriend bad..." She all but whispered, maybe cluing KC into a certain itch Polly was currently struggling with, before saying aloud, "Glad you like, let me have it back to finish up the muscle toning. I'll sign it, and once graded for extra credit... You can have it." She gave a satisfied nod, before finishing up the sketch.

Shortly, a four door late model sedan the color of a granny smith apple came in, and Catra sighed. "And there's my ride" Catra sighed, slightly dejected. She quickly sent Zara a text. "My address. See ya tomorrow, then?"

Zara chuckled and shook her off "Just surprised me Kitty Cat forgot you could be that loud." She chuckled and nodded her head in agreement "Sounds like a plan but I probably won't do sweats don't do sweats. Yoga Pants are maybes more ofter though its jeans probably with holes somewhere in them." She laughed and nodded her head again Sounds like your family really likes Monopoly, well, in that case, I'll bring something with me, who knows I might get lucky and get free parking." She smiled down at her before glancing up at the car as it pulled in and then her phone went off with the text "Wouldn't miss it."

KC smiled as she took her drawing back and worked on a few outlying lines and traces she heard the others whisper and nodded to herself. She would help the girl find a girl for herself, maybe one of the other mermaids hmmm. She silently thought to herself before Polly started talking again "Ohh that'd be great and I'll do the same and you can keep mine." She giggled and finished it up real quick before flourishing her signature across the bottom. "Now then let's get those grades we deserve." She hopped up from the table holding her hand out to Polly to help her up before making their way up to the bus.

Catra nodded and waved as she got in the back seat of the car. She quickly told her folks and pointed to Zara. The dad nodded, held up his arm, wristwatch showing, facing the tall girl, pointed to watch, held up all five fingers and mouthed the word "sharp", before they drove off.

One thing Mrs. Barr was known for at Oak Bridge High was being stingy with her As. So it was no surprise that no one had gotten higher than B+ until Nicolas, Polly and KC came on the bus with their drawings. "Nice use of perspective. Shadows and shading a bit off, but an A-. First drawing I've seen worthy of an A. Well done Nicolas."

Polly's gave the teacher pause. She glanced at KC and back to the paper. "Well. That's a first. I usually have to threaten you people to utilise a model. You did it without asking, Polly... Jolly well done! Nice likeness, background, real centaur would have skewered you. Tried to make it as photogenic as possible. A, nonetheless."

Seeing KCs rendition of Polly Mermaid, complete with her locket, the art teacher/club leader nodded. "Everything I asked for. Artwork, not a practical attempt at a photograph. And something I hadn't; use of a model. Freshwater look on her tail, just a shade darker than I would expect. Perspective, contours, subject taking up most the space, not unlike what Polly did, but yours is like a drawing, whereas Polly tried for a photo look. That's the difference between an A, and an A+. This is art, Polly. Not photography. I will put in my notes that you two worked well together as the other one's model, if you want that permanent..."

"Yes, yes! I enjoyed being her model!" Polly seemed a bit overenthused at the prospect. She went so far as a mock pose with wink and flirty lip pucker KCs way, likely having been Lila's fashion model.

"KC also has to be okay being yours... I'll make you two permanent partners, although modeling won't be every time, yet." Barr said sternly. She then looked at the other teen who just got the third A in a row handed out on the day.

Zara smiled giving her a small wave and was about to turn away when the window rolled down and an older man pointed at her. She assumed this was Catra's smile and she tried to give him a wave as well but the narrowed look he gave her along with the 5 finger threat made her swallow and nod. Well shit she was going to have a time with them it would seem, she blushed some and rubbed the back of her neck before turning to the bus. She gave KC a wave and received the same motions she just had only this time the girl held up 6 fingers. Shaking her head Zara made her way to her bike "Didn't think that was a very common expression." She shook her head again before hopping on, starting her up, and tearing out of the lot. She was hungry so she made her way to the nearest burger joint and then later on to the game.

KC smiled as she leaned against one of the first rows chairs waiting for the teacher to finish up grading. From what she had heard this one seemed a bit of a stickler for grades although as she stood there Polly and her friend Nic both got As.
"Hey good job" She smiled and handed her paper over with the teacher really laying the compliments on thick "Oh um wow thanks but I do think Pollys was better." she smiled and shrugged as she took the paper back then turned to Polly and shrugged "Sounds like a good idea to me." She gave her a light shove "Stop being silly when you model you just gotta be you that's why my mermaid looks so fantastic hehe. oh speaking of which trades?" She giggled some as she held out her picture to trade with Polly once they had traded papers she snagged her a seat moving over so Polly could sit next to her. Then looking out the window she watched Zara get mimed at by someone's dad and decided to do the same thing when she turned to look at her. With a laugh, she turned back to Polly "So want to get lunch then head to the school for your tail fitting hehe."

Polly was the one, as she sat down, to bump her slightly. "Silly? That was classic flirty fashion, just ask that one." She pointed to Lila.

Lila had noticed what Polly had done, and seemed to lighten up slightly. "You didn't pucker up enough, I said it before, but it bears repeating apparently. You're doing a glam fashion pose, you need to look like you're about to make out with the viewer... Who in this case was KC."

"No. KC was right. For an ART model, she was being inane. Simply put: She was overemoting." Barr scolded. "Now. We'll be stopping at Checker's, where you are allowed two burgers off the 2 for $3 menu* and a medium soft drink."

Polly ribbed KC. "Kinda why I told my folks we were going to Chili's IF the Mermaids win. We're still going regardless, but trust me. I have a method to my madness." She gave KC a wink and grin. Apparently she remembered from last week, and as she looked around, she noticed that KC wasn't the only one to have forgotten that this week lunch was going to be provided.

(*- fry lover's burger, spicy chicken sandwich, crispy fish sandwich, chili dog)

KC chuckled as she glanced back at Lila who popped up to point out what Polly had done, chuckling she shook her head as she commented: "See but Polly doesn't want to make out with me so that's probably where it went off." She chuckled and shrugged before turning to the teacher who poked a few holes in the way Polly had been standing and then explained what they were going to do for lunch. "Ohhh cause lunch won't be all that filling hmm?" She smiled and shrugged as the bus started up and they made their way out of the parking lot heading further into town.

"So then do I need to dress up for tonight or will this be all casual and such. Oooh, we can just come in what we wear to the game yea?" She laughed and nudged her with her elbow before leaning back in the seat some to watch out the windows. Eventually, they pulled up to the fast-food place and she hopped off walking along with Polly as they made their way in. After a moment of tapping her chin, she ordered a chili dog and a sprite. Once her food was ready she quickly found her way to a booth with enough room or Polly to join her and eat.

(At most Checker's/Rally's seats are outside. Very seldom will you find a booth, but I'll run with the booth. Heard of them but haven't seen one here in Ohio)

Polly got a Mr. Pibb with a spicy chicken (no mayo, add onion) and fry lover's burger. Because KC grabbed her tray so quickly... Polly got the other chili dog on hers. She came over and put the other chili dog on KCs tray. "I have an excuse, sweety. It's called blonde hair. TWO for three, not one." She sat across from her, grinning. "You can also mix and match." She took a bite of her spicy chicken sandwich first. "As far as your question... That's part of it, yes. And I've seen basketball teams in there before in their unis, but in the case of VOLLEYBALL? Our shorts aren't exactly... Proper restaurant attire.... So slip on your jeans or skirt or something. Please." She then wanted to change the conversation direction. "So... What else besides volleyball do you like?" She asked, with fluttering eyelashes and a cutesy smile.

(Sorry I don't have any around me so I went with other fast food joints lol)

KC glanced up as Polly made her way across the room and settled down across from her before settling the other dog on her tray. Blushing she smiled up at her "Thanks I guess I was into much of a rush. And hey I don't eat here that often." She smiled and shrugged before digging into her meal enjoying the hot dog as she listened to the other girl talk. "Fair enough those shorts don't leave to much to the imagination do they." She chuckled and shook her head thinking about it for a moment "And I'm sure they probably wouldn't let the half-naked fish girl in the door either." She giggled and worked on her meal before glancing up at her with a shrug "Little bit of everything hehe. I love to draw obviously and I really enjoy reading and when I can get away with it I play quite a few video games." She glanced around for a moment and then leaned in conspiratorially "Don't tell anyone but I'm kind of a big nerd about stuff like starwars and comics." She giggled and sat back again with a smile

Polly had to blush. "Right. I'll need a top over my shell bra. Afraid my girls will stick out like a pair of C's." She nodded. As she finished her spicy chicken, and took a sip of Mr. Pibb, she said, "what kinda books? I mean novels and comics. I got the sports comic series called Sports in the Fast Lane*, just picked up issue two last week. Kind of reminds me of a... Less scary... Twilight Zone, only for sports. It's a four issue miniseries." She didn't say anything regarding video games but did start nervously fiddling with her locket.

KC chuckled and nodded her head at the idea "Oh yea that works that bra does do wonders hehe. But I was meaning more the tail you'll be swinging around." She chuckled and nodded at the thought before turning to her second dog and smiled at her question "Well for books I like kind of everything except romance I don't mind it in a book but I don't want a book about it." She laughed sipping at her rootbeer. "Ohh haven't heard of it but my taste in comics is a lot like books I'm good with most anything but I do lean more towards Marvel." She shrugged and nodded her head "My fave is probably X23 she's a badass."

(Got distracted. * meant an original idea for a good comic book)

Polly nodded. "Gonna have to check that one out. Heard she's sort of a female Wolverine. What's her sidekick? Honey something...? Badger?" She sighed looking at her fry lover's burger. "I'd rather star in my own real life romantic novel..." She smirked, winking, "Yuri, of course," she unwrapped her burger, "Then read about someone else's. So, I guess I can feel you on the romance books." She began eating it.

Barr called that they had five minutes, and went outside to announce the same to those eating on the "patio".

"I'm getting a refill before we leave. Crap. We need to let Mrs. Barr know I'm getting off at Poseidon High instead of Oak Bridge." She blushed. "I didn't bring my car..." Actually, out of habit, she DID have her "toy" vehicle she drove when pocket size, but she really didn't want to go there. She wanted to be liked for who she was, not what she could do.

KC nodded her head as she worked her way through the second dog "Yea she's a lot like a younger Wolverine with the rage and strength haha. And I think that's right its been a hot minute since I was able to get some new comics." She shrugged and let out a snort at the other girl's wink as she explained her wish of a plot "Haha fair enough I always enjoy a good yuri story there usually pretty cutesy. I can stand them in anime." she chuckled before glancing up at the teacher

Rubbing the back of her head she nodded
"Ohh I'm sure it will be alright just let her know before we get there." She stood up and made her way over to the drink dispenser for a refill on her rootbeer as well. "Don't worry about a ride usually I catch one with Zara but since we're doing our own thing afterward I brought my Mustang. She sitting in the lot ready for use." She smiled and meandered towards the bus walking besides the other girl "So what about you what gets you going besides volleyball."

"During the off-season, well actually after volleyball I join the track team. Sooo... When I'm not practicing or playing mermaid for losing a bet," She gave KC a look that said she knew her own team threw the game. "I'm jogging and practicing the long jump and high jump. High jump at the sports gym. I use it's indoor track to keep up on the running." She then closed one eye as she tapped her temple with her forefinger. "I also play word games to keep the grey matter in tip top shape, as well." She climbed aboard and quickly told Mrs. Barr about her getting off at Poseidon High herself, before sitting once KC had.

KC nodded and snapped her finger "That's where else I know you from. Other than volleyball I've seen you at track meets." She smiled as she nodded her head "Mmhmm I've seen you doing your jumps I'm usually on the other side of the field I'm a Javelin tosser and occasionally a relay runner." She gave a thumbs up "That's a good idea, I kind of live outta town so I have room out there to practice." She raised her brow as she started tapping her head then giggled and nodded "Sounds like that's a good idea as well, I just can't get into it haha I get frustrated to quickly on that stuff" She shook her head continuing to giggle for a moment as they moved onto the bus and got settled "So you know what tail you wanna wear there are a few options. Home colors of blue and gree, away colors of green and black, and a fancy one that's supposed to be like the sunset on the water so orange and blue."

Polly thought for a moment. "It's a home game for you guys against Castle Rock, although it's technically Franktown. First serve at six pm, which is about dusk... Well, there's your answer. Orange and blue, please. Does that change the 'nude colored' sports bra with the embroidered sea shells?" She had no idea most Mermaid mascots now used the more realistic shell bra with the 'night games' costume, but the school still had the sports bras for more timid Mermaids like Polly.

KC nodded to everything the other girl was saying before tapping her chin "Hmm been a minute since someone wore the bra but that should mean its pretty clean." She smiled as the bus rolled along "Usually the top doesn't really match the rest of the outfit, I mean color-wise but them wise it always does haha." She chuckled some as she thought about it and then manage a small blush "Although if you really want the Cshells they're the ones that make everything bigger." She giggled again before glancing out the window as they pulled into the school's lot "Alright you can really make your choices once we get in there so don't stress to much." She smiled making her way down the aisle and off the bus going a tad slow to let Polly catch up and walk with her

Polly blushed and covered herself at the mere mention of the C shells making things look bigger. "I'm not sure I want my natural C's looking any bigger than they already are, thankyouverymuch!" She pouted. Sports bra it was. "Usually I make up my mind fairly easily on a design and don't stray from it."

She would follow KC to be fitted properly before changing to the Mermaid look, so she could get a crash course in cheer and the chant from the cheer captain, herself, Angie Howerton... Who didn't look pleased in teaching 'the enemy' their chant. Going so far as to say, "The only way I'm teaching Pocket anything, is if you two are dating, KC, making her a traitor to her own school! She's a Duck! They EAT Mermaids, remember?!" How quickly they forget Polly had been the victim of a traitorous setup of her own.
Screenshot_20200328-012337.png

KC chuckled and nodded her head "Fair enough I'd probably go with the sports bra to my own double Ds don't work too well in the volleyball outfit." She smiled and shrugged as she made her way out of the bus "But what are ya gonna do can't complain about something I've grown up with." She chuckled again before making her way through the school pointing out different things for the girl as they passed.

They found their way to the locker room and after a moment KC found the outfit and then handed it to Polly. She smiled and then helped her to the changing room assisting with the tail but letting her be as she pulled on the sports bra. After a bit of waiting, Polly returned and KCs whole face went red as she looked at the girl. She had always found the mermaid outfit kind of attractive but Polly made it look hot. She shook her head covering her face after a moment as Angie made her way in.

"Ju just teach it to her you know I'm straight I think. Just show her the basics this is a punishment not like she can use an evil spell on us. And mermaids are bigger." She smiled her face still red as she tried not to nervously look at the other girl "Um I need to go get ready for the game. You'll be ok Polly yea"

Angie raised an eyebrow and folded her arms. "Please, look at how you're blushing. You're as straight as a line walked by a drunk sailor!" She looked over Polly, and blushed herself. She cleared her throat. "Whatever. Repeat after me, Pocket..."

Five thirty and the squad was out, starting to warm up the crowd that was there. There were a few Bobcat fans scattered around, but no rowdies.... At least the teens there were behaving themselves. They had brought Polly in on their shoulders in a large oyster shell like prop, where Polly was smiling best she could while going through a variety of stretches and poses that even one with rudimentary knowledge of cheer could do... Or someone who paid attention to the models of The Price is Right, among other gameshows with models. Doing a no handed front flip off the shoulders (and out of the oyster), Polly began leading the chant as the captain and the others not holding the oyster shell seemed to come out of nowhere, line up, and began a synchronized clap and dance behind the mascot, with someone beating can drums made to look like clam shells. "Our team's a gem, time for the Cats to sink or swim! If they don't want mercy... They'll be living under the sea! Mermaids are sound... Our foes are going down! Down where it's wetter, because the Mermaids are better!" Polly felt strange saying the words, but did make a good show of it to which Angie asided as she smiled and waved as they went to the side, "You better had got it right. It took us three hours for you to sound like you're one of us."

Practice was about to commence, whilst the cheer squad and mascot would perform a routine off in the corner, and Polly was instructed to flirt and play mind games with the Bobcat team members' starting lineup.

KC waved the other girl off ignoring her taunt as she gave Polly one last look and then made her way to the locker room. Not to long after she would be lined up with the other girls bumping the ball back and forth or practicing hand control. At the sound of the doors bursting open she along with the rest of the team glanced up, seems she wasn't the only one who wanted to watch the newest catch perform. She glanced up at that shell and yet again a blush crossed her face, what was wrong with her it was the same girl she had been hanging out with all day. Shaking her head she watched as the girl hopped down and then did her little routine getting it right and putting on quite the show. She blushed a bit brighter but this time it was from laughing at the girl. Shaking her head she rubbed a tear from her eye and gave Polly a wave "Wonderful hun" She laughed again before turning to their practice and turning back to the routines eventually though the game started and they started off strong against the bobcats.

Zara yawned some stretching her arms out over her head as she made her way into the gym and up the steps. She smiled having enjoyed a nice lunch and nap afterwards and now she was here for her friend. She showed up just in time to catch the show and couldn't help but laugh and record it making sure to send the video to Catra before settling into a seat.

Catra

When Catra got the text with the video, she recognized Polly immediately. She actually dint chicken out! Ugh. She's braver than me, for sure, Zara. You're planning to come tomorrow at five, right? Barbeque before game night starts. How many chorizo dogs can you eat? One, two or three? Dad's pulling them down to fridge to thaw. Zara didn't know Catra already told her dad three, and two for herself. There was going to be other picnic like edibles, including no bake chocolate cookies Nana (Penelope) Pocket was making whilst her (thieving) granddaughter made good on her promise. The picture she had sent to Catra, was now being forwarded to Zara.

Polly

Polly, just like all mermaids before her, found herself stirring the crowd more than "harassing" the Bobcat team once the game started. The Bobcats tried valiantly, but fell in the first game 15-12. The teams were switching sides when it happened. An angry member of the Franktown High School flung a nearly full plastic water bottle right at the back of Polly and Angie's heads as the cheer captain was giving Polly pointers on what to do during the slight lull in action. Neither saw it coming, but both would feel it if it hit. Most of the other cheer were busy stretching and going through their own routines to notice... It fell on the home team members themselves!

Back
Top Bottom