Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Urban Sphinx (w Rain K)

When Catra Julianne, a 5-4 brunette with hazel eyes, went to bed on the last night of her fifteenth year, the lover of all things feline had no idea what was going to begin on her first day of her sixteenth. Catra had every imaginable breed in porcelain, lining two shelves in her bedroom on her bookcase. She had toys, comics, books and dolls of everything that had cat anywhere on it, even a Callie Briggs one from the SwatKats with brushable blonde hair and cat tail.... And she actually had that reed in a "swamp" of an aquarium. On the shelf right underneath the second row of porcelain cats was the entire book series mysteries of The Cat Who... by Lillian Jackson Braun.

She had a stuffed lion with sad eyes, that one look would tell anyone it was one of those cat toys that didn't have catnip in it. The human had it as it was her pet cat's last toy in his old age, that she had given him on his ninth year on his birthmonth (since the actual day was lost to history).

She had above the two shelves of her book case, the full collection of the "presidential cats". All except Obama, which her dad said came broken. Other presidents that he didn't like hadn't been. She went to that shelf and picked up one. The last one he didn't like. Bush Jr. Right away, she had her mom call the company making the cat presidents to explain the situation (because Catra was having a lion size four year olds tantrum... Because she WAS four at the time). Supposedly a new one was sent. She got the apology letter but not the cat. What she didn't know, was her dad got the second package and hid it up somewhere in the attic. The apology letter, folded neatly was holding the spot until she could find the missing President. She was starting to look in every yard sale, since the presidential collection started in 1990. Forty-two months later, in 1993, the collection was caught up. It had been her dad's collection, but now, starting in '08 when she was four, it became hers. She saluted the new president cat, Donald Trump, and went to bed, in... Of course... Cat pyjamas with all sorts of big cats all over it... And got under her Hello Kitty covers and went to sleep.

Next morning, she accidentally bumped into her action figure of Lion-O, which tipped into Tigra who feel back to lean into the bedroom wall. With catlike reflexes, she caught Lion-O, and set him back up on his stand, straightened Tigra and went to clean up for the day. She would be in a tee, that had a cat with a wide eyes shocked look complete with gaping mouth that held the caption "Cats Alive! That mouse is HUGE!" It hung loosely over her small torso and B cups, but it was the small! She added to it a knee length skirt with an earthtone brown, slipped on a pair of athletic shoes and headed to school.

At school, it was what Catra had gotten used to since kids first learned of her unique collection.

"Here comes the human cat!"

"} Snicker { Wanna bet her breakfast was fish cereal and a saucer of milk?"

"Naw. Twas cream. I was there"

}Heehee{ What do they call it when Catra drops paper on the ground?" One jock asked

"Kitty litter!" A bunch of students chimed in, before all laughed.

Needless to say, Catra was feeling mighty low as she dragged herself into her first class, and plopped in her seat next to a blonde with big blue eyes, a ponytail and a heart shaped locket on a goldish chain, over a pink polo shirt and white skirt. "You really shouldn't let them get to you like that, Kitty Cat." Polly Pocket was one of a very few, including two teachers and the Principal, that Catra let get away with that, and she spoke up now, quietly. "They're only doing it to torment. I actually LIKE your collection. Especially the porcelain cats of different breeds. Oh. By the way... Happy birthday. Nice to have someone to share birthdays with."

"Reminds me, Polly. Folks planned a big celebration for both of us for our 16th." Catra said quietly back.

Polly giggled. "Looking forward to it, Kitty Cat."

The jock than made a snide remark about Polly being Catra's pet human, causing the blonde to snark, "Oh, go choke on a mouse you sewer rat!"

The class erupted in laughter, even Catra couldn't help but grin.

The birthday was just getting warmed up, though, as both, but especially Catra would quickly learn.

@RainK

Zara Kouri woke up with a start her dreams had gotten chaotic once again especially there towards the end. Unfortunately for her, this was an apparent side effect of being a member of the oh so proud and ancient line of the Sphinx. She had gained access to her powers not long after turning 16 and now at around 17 1/2 she had a year or so of getting used to things and figuring out what she could. Glancing over at the clock she rolled her eyes as it flashed its time, she was going to be late again but who cares. Groaning she forced herself out of bed and stood up her 6ft 6 frame seeming gigantic in her small room. Shaking her head she glanced over at the mirror and flexed for herself, that was one positive to being related to a monster the powers were no joke.

After enjoying the view for a few more moments she quickly set about getting ready for school. She went through her morning routine brushing teeth, breakfast, etc. Before finally stepping outside in a pair of torn jeans a tight crop top that barely held back her ample breasts and her classic leather jacket. Stifling a yawn she made her way to the side of the house where her bike was parked and waiting for her. Smiling she settled into the seat and turned her on letting the engine roar for a moment before she tore off down the street heading to her school and guaranteed to have already missed the first hour.

Settling into her seat in 3rd hour she leaned back and closed her eyes letting the teacher drone on. Despite her apparent lack of apathy she actually did fairly well in school, she just really didn't like being there. Finally, the teacher finished up with an announcement that after lunch they would all be let out so that they could go and support their school's team as they took on their rivals from the town over. Nodding her head Zara took that as her queue to move on heading to the rest of her classes until finally they were let out after lunch as her teacher had said earlier. Now normally she wouldn't care to go to one of these things but it just so happened that one of her best friends was on the team and as she thought about ditching the event said best friend was walking towards her.

"No no, no young lady you are not skipping out on me again."

Zara took in her friend's stern appearance before cracking a smile. She had known K.C. ever since her family had moved here and despite everything she did or the looks, she got the girl latched onto her. She was a good friend to have one of the few real ones Zara had in the school due to her mysterious vibe she put out, or what everyone thought was mysterious since they didn't ask her shit, she was rather popular. Most people simply wanted to hang out with her or be seen near her, but they would let her do pretty much whatever and act like she was amazing for doing it. K.C. didn't she usually called her on her bull shit.

"Wouldn't dream of it K I was just on my way there, speaking of which shouldn't you be hopping on the bus right about now." She smiled at her friend let out a laugh as she gave her a glare and did the whole I'm watching you symbol with her hand before running off towards the bus. Shaking her head she once more started her engine "Damn it I was almost home free, ah well I guess I can be a good friend for once." With one final chuckle, Zara kicked off and made her way to the other school arriving not to long after the bus and heading inside to add to the school spirit yay/

It was a similar situation for the two birthday girls. The coach already okayed ahead of time that Polly could leave with Catra and her family, after the game. She high-fived teammates that put hands out, as she entered the locker room. Polly was just slightly more built than Catra with her C cups, and stood 5-8. Whether she was the smallest on the volleyball team it wasn't certain. Because she hung out with Catra... Polly got the cold shoulder from the team more than not except for a few brave souls. Those that did were ridiculed just as much. The coach warned repeatedly they would be sorry one day.

Today was that day. The highest scoring member of the losing team was to be turned over to the highest scoring member of the winning team to be humiliated however the winner saw fit.

After lunch, Catra caught a ride with a teacher headed to the game, and politely thanked the teacher for the lift. The high school gym was having the floors redone so they were playing the game at the neighborhood recreation center. She made her way onto the bleachers, and next to a girl with likewise brown hair that practically dwarfed her. "Hi." She managed taking the seat next to her. "Friend on the team?" She rubbed the back of her head nervously. "I do. Polly's her name. Ummm... My name's Catra." She offered the hand to shake, shyly.

Polly figured that the opposing team coach would never go for having her best scorer being kissed by a girl, little alone one on the opposing team, and since she led the young season with 22 points and seven spikes (and was known for her devastating spikes), she told the coach that's what she wanted to do to embarrass the loser.

Their current point leader would send the coach with the embarrassing thing the leader after this game would have to do.

Last edited:
Zara followed along behind the bus because she really wasn't sure where she was going. Which sucked because the damn thing was going way slower than she would have liked, but oh well she was stuck. Finally, after a few minutes of driving, they found their way into the centers parking lot where she found somewhere shady to park and then made her way in. She yawned and stretched as she scanned the bleachers and then spotting a decent spot towards the middle she quickly made her way up and settled back. With another yawn, she glanced around the room noting the other school not to mention several of her classmates who gave her weird looks. She glanced down at the court watching K.C. warm-up and chuckled, she had been asked repeatedly to join one of the sports in school due to her height but she had declined all of them that scene wasn't for her.

After a few moments of people watching she heard someone making their way up the steps before finally settling down next to her. Glancing down at her she gave her a quick smile before turning her attention back to the court, she was a tiny thing which Zara found kind of adorable honestly. She was content to just sit there enjoying the glares that were shot the girls way from her own classmates until she decided to talk and Zara glanced back down at her. Nodding her head she pointed to K.C. "She practically dragged me here, her names K.C. I'm Zara." she glanced at her hand and shrugged giving it a shake "Interesting name goes with the shirt"

K.C. rolled her eyes at her friend once again as she got onto the bus and headed to the game. She quickly popped her headphones in so she wouldn't have to answer questions or listen to people talk about the mysterious Arabian girl that just happened to be her best friend. Once at the game she quickly dressed and got lined up with the other practicing before the game when the coach came over to her "They want to do what" She blushed bright red as she looked across the court at the other teams lead scorer the bubbly blonde girl watching her team. Welp that was going to be embarrassing, but she nodded and then decided if she won their girl would be her team's mascot next game "Equally embarrassing I hope." She blushed again before turning her attention back to their warm-ups

Polly was bouncing the volleyball before double fisting pop-ups for her team to volley around, she heard the idea for the mascot at the next game. She gasped, covered her chest and blushed. She looked over to the other fellow high scorer. "What's wrong Polly? You want to make her pucker up!" One of her teammates that really didn't like her all that well quipped.

"Two syllables." Polly whimpered, pointing to the rival mascot. "Mer. Maid. I don't exactly like.... Gulp. Exhibitionism." She kept her chest covered with her arms, but nodded. Deal.

Catra had smiled, "Thanks. That's mine." She pointed to Polly, who at that moment was covering her torso as she stood pigeon-toed and motioning to the girl in the mermaid outfit. "What's that all about? Did your mascot flirt with her? Sheesh. I thought she'd like that since she's into girls." She stroked her chin. "Oh. Rival mascot doing what mascots do. Psych out the other team's members. I guess?"

Zara raised a brow as she followed the other girl's hand chuckling at how possessive she was of her friend. Although the blonde girl seemed to be in a state of shock as she looked across at the mermaid and then back to K.C. "Hmm who knows, it seems like something is going down between her and my friend." She shrugged as she once more looked across the court taking in the view. "Perhaps you are right" She gave another shrug before glancing down at the girl "Oh well, so who do you think will win? I don't usually pay attention to this stuff." She smirked and leaned back against the bleachers behind her.

K.C. glanced across at the other girl and smirked as she seemed to reel from the news she might be stuck as Poseiden Highs Mer-Maid. She nodded at her before glancing over at their school's mascot, which wasn't much better. The Oak Bridge fighting ducks, yeesh talk about embarrassing, she laughed to herself before joining the huddle with the rest of her team. They quickly went over some plays before the game got started. After a few moments, the ref blew his whistle and they lined up ready for the game to begin, they were on defense for the first point. She smiled bouncing on her toes psyching herself up
"Lets go lets go we got this."

Catra looked at the way Polly was acting during the huddle. "C'mon. For some reason the rivalry goes back and forth between the school's. Loyally, I'd say Ducks, logically... Mermaids are going to soak them for revenge last year when the Ducks made cream of Mermaid soup."

The first game found Polly getting all ten of her points as she served first, but had to do a lot of set ups, and all seven spikes, because half the team wasn't trying. Polly was pulled, out of breath, as well as the captain and the other player as those girls had done almost all the work.

"What are the Ducks doing?! Did they expect Polly and the other two to do all the work?!" Catra complained as she facepalmed.

"Wake up, team! You really wanna lose to your rival?! C'mon. Get your asses in top gear and play some defense! 10-0! Just five more! Get the ball back quickly!"

Catra asided to Zara. "Okay. The server will be awarded the point in her offensive stats, but the Mermaid team will get them. They need fifteen to win the game, then they switch sides and play a second game. If the team who wins the first game also wins the second, then they win the match. If somehow the other team wins, they switch again and play a tie-breaker. That winner gets the match. That's never happened between these two before. One team always wins both games."

That streak would continue, unless the Fighting Ducks manage to hold on to their substantial lead with their subpar playing.

Despite whatever K.C. and the other mermaids tried they just couldn't stop that damn ball from striking the ground. They had several good rallies but then one of those pesky ducks would sneak up and slam it between one of their gaps. Despite it seeming to be a 6 on 3 match those 3 were very good and seemed to make up for the other's lack of enthusiasm. Thus the points quickly racked up in their favor, shaking her head she glared across the net. If things didn't change soon she would be forced to make out with the other girl and she just couldn't do that could she?

As if in answer to some unsaid prayer the coach made a dumb decision albeit logical. He pulled his three scorers out because they were exhausting themselves, unfortunately for him, this meant a very week flock of ducks face her team. Smirking they quickly managed to get the ball and from there went on to pass the ducks lead until they were at game point. K.C. stretched as she got ready to serve her last point of this game "Service" with that she smacked the ball over the net and right between two separate players who just looked at it then her, nodding her head she smirked as her and her team cheered and she let out a loud deep yell like her brother taught her "ACE!!"

Zara continued to lean back on her seat watching the game, it was a very rough start for both. For hers cause they were losing for the other schools because those three girls were running themselves ragged. "Doesn't look like we're doing too much wave-making down there." She chuckled definitely not using any puns like the excitable thing beside her seemed to like doing. She chuckled as the girl really got into it yelling at her team and almost jumping up and down "You have a lot of energy for something so small." She laughed again before watching as the game suddenly shifted and her team quickly started gaining points.

Smiling down at Katra she chuckled
"Thanks for the explanation, but I know how volleyball works. I just don't come, to many people and most of them watching me." she smiled and shrugged as she pointed to a few doing exactly that "Seems it shall be duck for dinner tonight though." She pointed to the floor just as that ball struck home earning her team the game point "Welp one more to go perhaps." She raised a brow at the other girl before smiling again "So how come you decided to sit by me anyway, most people find me intimidating or some such nonsense."

Catra watched in disbelief as the teams switched sides, she glanced over to Zara. "Oh, that's easy, Zara, I tend to seek out the most intimidating that people avoid or stare at, to talk to. You never know when you can learn the biggest and roughest looking might just be big ol' puddy tat and/or teddy bear.... And they just need someone to talk with. I'm sorry I assumed you didn't know since you said you don't usually come to these." She looked back. The three who started the game were replaced by Polly, her Captain Julie and Arianna. The three who did pretty much everything for the first ten points. She groaned. "They're paté. Michelle's twin sister is a Mermaid. Michelle is a bundle of nerves. Before you ask... I have no idea why the Smeznik family sent the twins to two separate school's, you'd have to pester Amanda. Michelle won't talk about it." She then singled out the Mermaid lookalike to the serving Duck currently shaking like a leaf.

"Umm.. z-zero game s-s-serving one. Sk-scoreless sec-second." The ball went up and a shwing, miss, and Michelle got bonked by the ball. The ref sighed. "Net!" He called. The legal call, although the correct would've been "face".

Michelle tried again and it bounced off Polly's head, then Julie the Captain's and managed to clear the net. "Sorry... I'm sorry." She whimpered as they rotated and the ref said, "Mermaids' ball!"

The captain shrugged. "Just shake it off. Like you said. It's scoreless."

Last edited:
Zara continued to watch the girl it seemed she had all sorts of energy inside of her she wasn't quite sure where the tiny thing kept it all. Shaking her head she chuckled and shrugged "Well I'm not the most ferocious, haha most find me intimidating because they think I'm hot or so K.C. tells me. Nice to find someone who doesn't think that and is cool with just settling down. And I am neither of those things I'm more of a lioness haha" She raised a brow before smirking and patting her head "Don't worry about it I wasn't offended alsghyr. It was a fair assumption." She glanced down at the court to look over the girls Catra was talking about

She chuckled at her explanation and then at the actions taking place on the court
"You seem to be a bit of a gossip." she smiled and shook her head "How do you know so much about what's going on down there hmm?" she glanced back down at her before turning back to watch the court.

K.C. panted as they swiftly changed sides and after a bit longer the next round began. As she watched the three girls were put back on the court and it seemed in the small break their couch had laid into the rest of the team. Of course, it didn't matter at this point because her girls were fired up as she watched Amandas clone stepped up to serve only to screw up twice and basically hand the ball over to them.

Glancing across the court she pointed to Polly
"Hope you can swim sweety cause your about to be a mermaid."

alsghyr Arabic for little one

Polly called back, "Just have Michelle's double serve the ball! Or in trash talk speak: Less o' your damned mouth and more action! And just to make things interesting, sweet cheeks, three games as your mascot against a full date if we come back and win!"

Julie sighed. "Polly Pocket.... Either you know something we don't, or you'll be swimming with the fishes. Either way, you're an idiot. Lovable, once people get to know you... But still an idiot."

Catra looked at Zara. She smirked. "Lioness, eh? Okay... Puddy tat, it is." She shook her head "The Smezniks just live three doors down from us. I know the twins. Michelle is a friend... Amanda? Well... If you think KC is badass... Watch Amanda's serves. In fact, if you care to wager... I got five dollars that says she MATCHES KC's 15 points and at least gets one ace." She then started yelling the chant for defense.

K.C. rolled her eyes as the other girl tried to taunt her "Cute but we have the confident one on our team. So sorry no points for you." She laughed as she backed up only to blush as the blonde called out to her yet again. "Fine if you're so brave 1 game as the mascot and you have to buy me dinner at the expensive steak house. Not at date I simply want good food and to not have to buy it." She huffed and nodded to Amanda who called out service and let the ball fly across the net on her first shot, it quickly smacked down between two of the front line gaining them the first point. "Something smells fishy."

Zara rolled her eyes "No not puddy tat for I am not a tamed house cat I am a queen." She nodded her head before turning her attention back to the game "Oh I am sure she is good but why would you bet on someone on my time. Either way I'll see you're bet and say K.C. covers the points and wins on a spike right between the middle girl and the right front girl." She pointed them out before continuing on "However if I win you go to dinner with me." she glanced down at the other girl to see how she would react

K.C. smiled as the girls were ready for the next ball and quickly sent it back over the net to the mermaids. However, it seemed they were very prepared for this as it expertly bounced between two players before being launched up and then slammed back down by K.C.
"Thats two"

"Fine!" Polly hissed. Polly punched the third back over the net, Julie tipped it back, but then it was punch the snot out of the ball volley between Polly and KC for a good five minutes, before it bounced between the front row girl and Michelle still in the server's spot until they got the ball back and they rotated. The fourth wasn't much of a volley as it was popped up, in a perfect setup, by Polly... If a lackadaisical Duck didn't let it drop in front of her. Polly, Captain Julie and the coach all yelled at her... And Catra }ahem{ catcalled her disapproval from the bleachers, with a standing up, hands cupped over mouth.

The fifth one was imprinted on Arianna's face by a half attempt at a setup that went backwards instead of up.

Three to go.

Catra looked at Zara. "Yes. Something's fishy. With the Ducks. The ones not doing anything to help Polly are the ones that like to tease me." Then the friendly fire happened and Michelle was called for holding the ball. Point, Mermaids. "Ref! That may be my team but you need to call her on that flagrant foul! She purposely sent that right FOR Michelle's stomach! She had no choice but to catch it, or get gutted! Call a spade a spade!" She sat back down. 6-0. The whistle blew before Amanda could serve and the Duck teammate was flagged and ejected, as the ref looked around, glaring, looking for the fan to dare tell her how to do her job. There were plenty of booing and pissed Duck fans to choose from.

Just before play resumed, Catra said calmly to Zara. "How's Friday? Polly and I are celebrating our sweet sixteenths tonight." She then gave Zara her number to arrange it. "Gimme a call on how to dress?"

KC smirked as she watched the other girl really get into it at this point taking her on sending the ball back at her in every chance she got. But the problem was KCs team was on her side and were there to win. She smirked as the sith point went down and the girl was thrown out of the game. "Mmm I'm gonna have a good dinner this week hehe." She laughed and turned her attention back to the game hopping up to stop a spike and thus letting it just drop back down the other side. Game point here it comes, with the call of service the ball lauched to their side only to be quickly returned and returned and returned.

This went on for several moments until finally KC saw her chance and jumped high her hand smacking into that ball before slamming it home right between the two players that Zara had said she would.
"And that is match, catch me outside duck I'll be standing by that giant and her motorcycle mmk." She pointed up the stand to Zara who gave her a wave and then KC turned to her team to celebrate and then to head home.

Zara raised a brow and nodded her head "It would seem your friend is not to friendly with those other girls hmm?" She blinked and raised a brow in surprise when the other girl started yelling and bouncing around next to her. "Damn girl you have a bit of a hot head hahahaha." She laughed and shook her head before her attention was once more snagged by the girls response it was so calm quite the opposite of what she was expecting. "Willing to give up so easily hmm?" Of course at that moment KC scored "Ahh never mind no clever quip for you." She quickly stood giving KC a wave before turning to Cat towering over her "Fridays fine with me and wear whatever you want only no cats something cute mmk." She smiled only to shake her head "Something more adult cute not I do what I want cute k" With that she leaned down and kissed her cheek "Happy birthday rayieatayn" With that she strolled on out of the gym to wait next to her bike for her friend

rayieatayn=Adorable one

Catra shook her head. "Other way around, actually. If they're friends with me, they're no friends to the team.... Long story short. I'm the weird nerd girl that collects cats and anyone who befriends the target?" She pointed to herself. "Is targeted. The coach needs to clean house. The only ones that are putting their all into the game are the captain, Arianna and Polly. Michelle at least tried. You're going to see those four come out, and then the screaming, crying and gnashing of teeth will erupt as the coach tears the rest of them a new one. Mark my words. They threw that game, just to embarrass Polly. They'll also blame her for the loss. Seen it happen before."

Sure enough, Polly and the group of supportive teammates came to the bike, at 6-2, and the tallest Duck, even Arianna had to look up to Zara. She gave a low whistle, "Geez, Dwarf Cat... You sure can pick 'em. Not sure if I should be more intimidated by her size or your uncanny ability to make friends with basketball and football players." She was acting brave, but was shaking in her athletic shoes.

"Before you two make plans on your bet, I want to say something. Polly. There's a reason why I called you an idiot. Were you that blind to not see that our so-called teammates were setting you up?" Julie wasn't pulling punches. "Steve Wonder who is blind, and Kirk Douglas who just passed at 103, could see that it was tainted! The game was thrown. Did you see how eerily calm the coach dismissed the four of us? Even he knows the team purposely threw it!"

Polly pushed by Julie. "A deal is a deal. No matter what. I'm not blind. I know, too. But we who did our best still needs to show sportsmanship and honor our bets." She looked at KC. "Next game I'm the mascot. Sorry. I don't take my locket off. It was a gift from my grandma. I'll need two weeks to have enough allowance saved for the dinner. Those steaks START at $21 and go to $35. Plus drinks and tips. Willing to do it... Just can't by Saturday afternoon. I won't have enough saved up."

Arianna shook her head. "Somebodies forgetting something else about that restaurant." She blew on her fist. "A little somethings on dress code and reservations? And a fee if you break the reservation?" She glanced more at KC. "Black tie and evening gowns are kinda important there. Prom dress kinda important. They also have a wall for couples. I'm embarrassingly up there with my Mom when she took me there to celebrate her promotion. You two want to say you're sisters, so you go in the family couples, otherwise... You guys went on a date whether either of you wanna call it that or not." She sauntered off as Polly turned crimson and shyly looked at KC.

"Those three games in a bikini "shell" bra are even starting to look better to ME... But... Your call. Wait til I have enough, reservation, picture... Or..." She waved to KC.

(Dedicated with respect to Mr. Douglas and his many fans)

Last edited:
Zara made her way down the steps only to find the smaller girl following along behind her and still talking, it would seem she had a tag-along but not that she minded too much. "Well that sucks I'm sorry they treat you like that people can be mean. Although it makes me wonder how big your collection actually is if so many people know about it." She chuckled raising a brow at the girl behind her. Soon enough they found themselves standing next to her bike and waiting on KC she glanced down at Cat and smiled "Want to see if you're a biker chic or not." She smiled down at her as she nodded to her bike "I won't let you ride it but if you want to sit and pretend I'd be fine with that" She chuckled some as she leaned against it only to stand up when KC showed up.

Smiling she gave her a high five and then pointed to Catra
"Good show in there the short one here is my new friend Catra. She's from the other school and friends with the girl who you kept taunting. What was up with that?"

KC smiled and happily returned the five as she sidled up to Zara and her curious at the smaller girl standing next to her. It wasn't like Zara to show up with new people well that she invited, usually, they showed up and intruded on their talking or hid behind some cars nearby. People had some weird crushes on her friend and it made them do weird things, but whatever. Turning her attention to Catra she smiled and held out her hand "Usually the big lug here not so friendly but its nice to meet you." Turning to Zara she smiled and gave a shrug "Oh it was because me and her had a bet going."

At that moment the other girls rolled up and Zara stood a little straighter unsure of what they wanted as they looked her over and turned to KC. She smirked at the one girl's words before bending over some "I'm not a football player I'd hurt them to easily." She continued her intimidating stare before cracking up with a laugh and standing back up "New people are always fun to mess with." She smiled more and after a moment she took her jacket off and set it on her seat revealing her crop top and well-toned frame "It's hot out here like someone was cooked or something." She laughed again before settling back down on her bike

KC nodded to the girls rolling her eyes at Zara as she tried to mix intimidation and sassing along with a smidge of flirting. She was very obvious and it was almost pathetic who would've thought the 6'6 giant would be bad at that.
"Well, the mermaid is fine since they always wear some sort of necklace anyway." She smiled then snapped her fingers "Was looking forward to that food but oh well I'm not gonna make you spend that much on a not date so what's this or you're hinting at.?"

Polly groaned as Arianna finally relaxed a bit, chuckling uneasily at the crack, before Arianna shot down the expensive restaurant. "I've got most my allowance from last week, and will get my allowance Saturday morning." Polly explained. "I was thinking I could afford Chili's three for ten deal. Appetizer, entree and drink. $20 plus tax and tip I CAN afford, and it'd actually be right after the game Saturday afternoon. More choices than steak; I personally recommend the baby back ribs... Unless you'd rather I pay back the upped ante with more Mermaid days. Best I can do on the dinner thing on that day."

Catra, meanwhile, debated heavily on whether or not she'd try out the motorcycle seat. She nervously shrugged. "Every breed from Assyrian to Tortoise shell enough cat breeds for you?" She then added, "And 44 of the 45 US President Cats?" She sighed and slid her foot back and forth, shyly taking the hand and shaking it.

"Her dad broke the Obama cat. Dunno what he did with the replacement." Julie offered before getting a staredown from both Polly and Catra. "Oh, please. Don't tell me you believe his tale of it came broken, and the replacement never showed up, do you?" Both looked away, Polly whistling. "You two are dense. I'm telling you, he purposely broke the first one, and has the replacement hidden in that house somewhere! Knowing him, the attic!"

Polly looked back to KC, as she couldn't see Catra's dad being that mean over a president he didn't like, since Bush Jr, Nixon, LBJ, Hoover and Wilson were the others he didn't care for prior to president #44. The latter two his father and grandfather didn't like and passed their opinions on to him. She turned the conversation back to the upcoming Saturday afternoon. "So... If Chili's is okay, you can still have your dinner right after the game Saturday afternoon."

Zara gave a small yawn as she stretched her arms out over her head barely paying attention to the conversation in front of her. She had nothing to do with it and she was fine with that, glancing down at the shorter girl she raised a brow. "That does seem like a lot haha." she chuckled some before raising a brow at the cat presidents "Cat presidents what's that about" From the quick little back and forth between the three girls she quickly gathered they were the presidents made up as cats. Nodding her head some she shrugged "Well that sucks. But hey maybe it is really lost." She shrugged again before turning to her bike and settling onto it her jacked soon pulled back on. "Well then as exciting as this all is this girl is hungry now so KC if you want a ride lets hit the road" She turned to Cat and smiled at her "Kitty Cat I'll text ya later we'll set something up. I'm fine going pretty much anywhere so send me a locale and we can find our way there." She smiled as she handed KC the only helmet she never wore it but always made her passengers wear it with a final wave she revved the engine and then floored it out of the parking lot heading to the nearest burger joint for something good to eat.

KC smiled and nodded to the other girl "Personally I like the chicken tacos that they make but yea that works for me. Although I will up the ante and say I want a pop and either and a chocolate lava cake mmk." She nodded her head again as she thought about it "Yea no I'm all about free food especially when it comes from such a sweet sweet victory haha." She chuckled and patted the duck on the head before giving an eye roll at Zara words "The Giant has spoken, I'll see you Saturday at 5 sharp we play at home so no need to travel to far. I will catch you guys later." She smiled giving them a silly salute while snapping that helmet into place and then she was whisked away on a rather loud chariot

The pop would be included in the three for ten, but Polly wasn't going to tell KC that. When the chocolate lava cake was mentioned the blonde actually turned slightly green. She weakly nodded and waved as the other two left. She then fake passed out into Arianna. "Uuggghh. She would be a lover of death by chocolate..."

Catra rolled her eyes. "Oh honestly, Polly. It isn't that bad."

"You've never had or seen... Chocolate. Lava. Cake." Polly moaned. "Gives a whole new meaning to.... Death. By. Chocolate."

"Could be worse." Arianna grinned, holding the half flopped teen. "Griselle Grande could still be after you."

"Aaack!! Don't mention that name, Ari! I STILL have nightmares about that!" Polly gasped popping up, wide eyed and clutching the locket.

"Don't worry. She's not getting out of jail until you're thirty, and besides, didn't you renew the restraining order?" Julie stated calmly. "Now let's go celebrate yours and Kitty Cat's sweet sixteens!"

(End act one, finish wrap up of Polly's past)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Friday came too quickly. Catra had been texting the "lioness" back and forth for the last two days, along with sending the shot of her bookcase with the display of the breeds, Presidents, and collection of Lillian Jackson Braun mystery novels, all of them with the title The Cat Who.... Of course, a Google search would've told Zara that much. Somehow one of the three volleyball players had photobombed each snapshot.

Deciding to instant message Zara, Catra said, "So, I was thinking about Sam's Chili over on Grand. Gotta dress with a collar, yet still casual. Sorry, but all my polos have the leaping puma on the left breast side... None of my dresses have much of a collar. Puma is a registered trademark and not cutesy... Least I don't see it as cutesy, I've worn them there before and no one said anything... Because it has a collar. Anyhoo, school's letting out now, I can be there at Grand and Ridge at six. It's just a building and parking lot over on Grand." She thought about some of the clientele. "Um. If you don't take your jacket off, you should be cool... Cuz, y'know... Collar. Just have em down and you're golden."

She went to meet Zara at the chosen restaurant, making sure she had enough for the dinner at the family run restaurant.

Zara was enjoying texting the other girl who despite saying she wasn't too popular had at least one friend in every picture she took. Most seemed to be unintentional on her part but totally intentional on the other girl's parts. She responded positively to every picture complimenting the girl and then talking about the different things she showed her. Honestly, she wasn't really concerned about the collection it wasn't really the biggest she had ever seen nor the weirdest. One of her ancestors had a tomb filled with some dumb stuff and several bodies of her beloved animals most having been still alive when she was buried with them.

As she leaned back in her chair in 7th hour she felt her phone go off and when she glanced down she found a message waiting for her from Catra. She smiled and popped it open quickly reading the message before sending her own back if one looked the name for Catra would be kitty cat and would have a couple of cat emojis around it. Zara rolled her eyes as she looked down at her message before sending one back "I simply meant no T-shirts a collared shirt will be fine. Although it's amazing you can somehow ramble over a text message." She laughed to herself before continuing on "Don't worry I can dress up as well so yeah I'll see you later cutie." She laughed again sending her a kissing emoji

Later that night she arrived pulling her bike up in front of the restaurant and stepping off dressed in a rather short collared dress. Smiling she made her way across the lot to the waiting girl giving her a small wave as she stopped in front of her.
"So shall we head on in and don't worry about the price you can order whatever you want." She smiled and winked at her as she held the door open for her leading her in before they were seated in a booth. Smiling she thanked the waitress as she looked over the menu "Got any suggestions?" She glanced across at her as she ordered a rootbeer to drink

Catra shrugged. "I don't have a specific favorite. Kinda am partial to the Mediterranean Catch platter, but not tonight." Catra noticed the dress and realized where she went wrong. The owner looked the dress itself over after a waitress called her (Catra's) attention to it. He (owner) made a motion about the collar and shrugged, but gave Catra a look and tutted before walking off. Catra got a Mountain Dew and groaned. "My bad." She indicated her Lapels which were laid flat on her pastel peach polo shirt. "I see where I messed up." She waved around to the other patrons and drew her science teacher and his wife's attention and both waved back. "I feel a little bad now... I always thought these were collars, because mom would be... Fix that collar! Lay those collars down, you look like a count!" She opened up the menu which had all kinds of mostly grill items, sandwiches, salads and sides. She then noticed the dinners included the three, four and five-way chilies now, instead of them being separate.

When the waitress (NPC) came back with the drinks, Catra asked about the prices on the chilies since there was four instead of the two like on the others.

Their waitress, Kim, pointed to each one. "Regular, regular platter. Below that is the large and large platter."

Catra rolled her eyes at herself. "Duh. Thanks. I'll take the Greek sausage dinner with fries and coleslaw. Thanks. Umm. Double."

"Don't worry about it. Happening with pretty much everyone. We just changed the menu a few days ago." The auburn haired waitress shrugged before asking Zara what she'd have.

(Most everything is Greek fare. Even the steak and seafood dinners. Exception is burgers. They're strictly American. Based on one of my favorite restaurants here.)

Zara smiled as she looked over the menu for a moment before glancing up at her date and then noted a few stares she was getting. She raised a brow before looking down at herself "What is there something on me?" She continued to look for a moment before glancing back up at the other girl and noticed how she was dressed and how most everyone else was dressed. "Ahh it seems I am overdressed. Ah well." She smiled and shrugged "Don't worry about it cutie you look fine and who cares if I'm overdressed. As long as we enjoy the evening everything will be fine right." She smiled and looked over the menu before nodding her head at the girl across from her "I'll have the same thing she's having just without the slaw and instead a larger order of fries." She handed over the menu and nodded to the girl before her

"You know I have some family in Greece and I've been a few times, but I only ever eat what my family makes so I don't really know what I should get at places like this." She chuckled and shrugged again as she leaned forward to sip on her drink watching the other girl "So tell me something about yourself, like are you from here. I'm not if it's not obvious haha."

Catra nodded. It should be fine. The owner wasn't upset about the dress... After all, even the more wealthy people frequented his family restaurant. There were the occasional tees, especially after school, or during lunch. After about five or six, the preferred attire was lapels on the shirts, and dresses. Catra focussed on the question. "No, I'm from here alright. You kinda learned my birthday as it was Wednesday... Let's see. I excel in most academics and I'm... Ehhh... A decent Trivial Pursuit player. I'll try most foods at least once, well, at least a bite." She looked at Zara. "Anything specific?"

Zara smiled having already dismissed the dress not really caring what people thought it's not like you could get too dressed up for things. Well maybe if you were going swimming but that was about it. She narrowed her eyes for a moment as she concentrated on that thought then blinked and blushed a smidge as she turned her attention back to Catra hoping she hadn't missed much as the girl talked. Nodding her head along she smiled as she ticked off some basic information "Trivial Pursuit huh that's an interesting tidbit haha ever had anyone tells me that on the first date or really any date for that matter." She chuckled and shook her head as she leaned back an rubbed her chin thinking "Well what's the basic stuff about ya kitty cat. Like favorite color, second favorite animal, best vacation spot, least favorite subject?" She smiled at her and if she looked closely she would note that those teeth seemed a tad sharper then they should be.

Catra noticed the teeth but thought it was just the odd dim like lighting casting odd shadows. She nodded. "Oh. Ok, I gotcha. Favorite color is most anything pastel-ish, but especially lilac. Second favorite animal, ironic because of the cat thing, but dogs. The princely wolf, because 'majestic' only belongs to one animal... The lion, would be the breed. Best vacation spot? Hmmm. Forests for camping, yet has an open spot for star gazing. Least favorite subject definitely anything where I have to dissect an animal." She shivered.

The science teacher was nearby and said, "So that's why you're practically the only girl in my Geology class. You sure don't have issues with dissecting rocks." He wisecracked.

A few minutes later, Kim returned with the meals, and without asking, refilled both sodas.
Screenshot_20200312-230309.png

Back
Top Bottom