Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Urban Sphinx (w Rain K)

Zara smiled as she glanced down at the messages popping up on her screen she took a moment to think about it before nodding and sending a message back. "Yea I could do three, those sound pretty good." She smiled as she looked down at the phone another picture popping up "Oh well those look great mmm make sure you save me some. I love nobakes." She laughed some as she glanced around then held the phone out and snapped a picture of herself with a thumbs up. It looked awkward as hell but somehow cute which was not what she was going for but she doesn't take many and its the thought that counts

Despite the distracting girl on the sidelines and the even more distracting feelings that were rising up inside of her KC still managed to make sure her team stayed in the lead. They came out on top and as they were switching sides she took one of her many looks over to the mermaid and saw one of the opposing fans chunk something down at her. With wide eyes she let out a yell and dashed across the floor pushing the girls out of the way and taking the brunt of the attack right across her face. She gasped and dropped holding her head one hand placed firmly across her left eye while the other streamed tears.
"Damn it."

Angie had barely got the words "KC?!" out of her mouth before she and Polly were stumbling forward; neither falling.

Angie had a hand on KCs back whilst Polly frantically waved for the Mermaids' coach and called to her. Security and the Bobcat trainer, Temperance "Bones" Brennan, were already practically there. Unlike the TV character, this Temperance was more country sports doctor than forensic anthropologist... And had an eerily similar bedside manner to a certain science fiction country doctor also nicknamed 'Bones'.

"Move yet hand dammit, so I can look at the eye." The Mermaids coach reached there a mere seconds later. "Okay. Try to follow my finger." She had already had a compress over KCs cut, but where it was still unobstructed. She noticed the Security getting in her light. "She'll live, Jim, go get the yahoo what threw the water bottle!" Security was able to find that person quickly as a few of his own school mates were sitting on him. Literally. Bones looked up as the coach addressed her. "Unbiased and professionally, sit her out through this first round but monitor her. Personally, as in by patient and as a mother... She hits the showers." She looked at KC as she got up. "You must care an awful lot about both the gals to pull a foolhardy stunt." She glared at Polly and Angie. "And don't you two break her heart by fighting over her... Unless your names are Betty and Veronica. And should either or neither of you be chosen... Remember this act of kindness, hear?" She headed back to her team.

The coach sighed. "KC, why don't you just hang out with these two. I've learned not to argue with ANY doctor with the nickname of Bones."

Polly finally found her voice and squeaked a weak "Thanks." Followed by Angie managing, "Ditto, ya nut. Hope your eye will be fine..." Even the captain had lost a bit of her bark.

Last edited:
KC gasped holding her hand over her eye the pain racing through her body as everyone started to swarm towards her. She glared up at him in to much pain to take much bs but she did as she was told and moved her hand away. She squinted at the light her eye barely able to open as he began to move his finger. She managed to follow it with her right eye her left barely able to move. Her eye was quickly puffing up and growing red as did her the rest of her face that had been struck. Gritting her teeth she stood back letting the doctor do what was necessary checking her out before finally giving his prognosis and leaving them be. Grabbing the ice she pressed it against her face holding it there as she looked at her coach her expressed what the plans were for her. "Wh what but coach come on I'm fine and it was my turn to serve." She whined some and shook her head before nodding and making her way towards the locker room. "I'll go get changed."

Zara was already halfway across the court when she spotted the boy getting tackled by his friends, she snarled her fists clenched and still tempted to teach him a lesson. But then the cops moved over to him and she turned around. She made it back just in time to hear what KC needed to do and so she gave a wave to the coach and other girls before following after KC "Don't worry about it Polly, Angie she would have done it for anyone." She smiled and continued after KC deciding to help if needed or just sit there if not.

(Temperance was played by Emily Deschanel. Temperance is a she :p)

Angie and Polly both nodded. Then Angie hauled off and shoved Polly towards the locker room. "Now's your chance, dork! She needs you! She probably needs both of us, but I can't leave! Mascot can! Go!"

It was long enough that if KC got curious and looked in Polly's backpack, she'd find the modified (with a gas engine) 1/12 scale realistic looking convertible... Which may create questions Polly would need to explain, sooner rather than later, considering KCs eye situation.

Jim the security had cuffed the teen that had thrown the bottle at "alleged lesbian lovers" in his mind. As he felt Angie and Polly were being way too chummy with each other. His jealousy only lost him two friends and got himself banned from ever returning to Poseidon High property.

Polly gulped as she entered the locker room. "KC? Where are you, and are you alright?"

(My bad focused on the star trek bones lol)

KC dejectedly wandered into the locker room continuing to hold her eye tears running down her face more from the lack of getting to play now than the pain. Soon enough she was undressed and in the showers letting the warm water run down her body as she leaned into the wall. She was in there long enough that she didn't hear Polly coming into the room nor did she hear her call out. Shutting the water off she stepped out of the shower wrapping a towel around her covering herself from the chest down while she used another to dry her hair. She stopped in front of the lockers and let out a gasp "Ah Polly I didn't hear you come in." she blushed bright red realizing she was practically naked in front of the girl who was giving her all sorts of strange feelings at the moment.

Zara had just been about to enter the locker room when she spotted Polly coming up behind her. She looked back at her then at the door and smiled figuring KC might enjoy seeing her new friend more. She had seen the occasional looks she had been giving Polly all night and it made her wonder so she stepped out of the way before patting Polly on the head
"Avoid talking about the game shes more than likely pissed about that. The wound won't bother her much."

Polly nodded as cheering erupted. Apparently the ball had switched over to the Mermaids. "Ok. Then here." Polly gave Zara her number. "Keep ME posted on the score. Every point. Sounds like Bobcats just turned over the ball." She grimaced. KC would've been serving, now that the Mermaids had the ball."They couldn't have gotten very many." It was 2-0, or rather 0 serving 2, Mermaids ball.

She made her way over. "Hey. So... Angie's, well... Pretty cool. Seems a bit too German Shepherd for me, though." She tried to smile but her gaze kept going back to the eye. So it was awkward, and the teen could feel the lump in her throat.

KC continued to blush just kind of frozen in place as the other girl stood there and stammered something out. "Yea she can be a bit intense sometimes." She continued to blush not sure what to do the girl was right in front of her locker and she couldn't just drop the towel. "So um not that I mind but why are you in here I thought I spotted Zara coming down." She blushed and tossed the towel she had been using for her hair into the nearest hamper.

Zara gave a nod and quickly texted the other girl a hey so she'd have her number and then moved back to her seat. Even though KC was no longer playing she'd stay back to watch for her and keep track of the game quickly shooting off a 4-3 us to Polly as she settled down.

Polly realized where she was and moved from the locker. "Right. Heh. You want to get dressed. Um... So... Are you gonna be able to drive?" She noticed the swollen eye. "Um..." Luckily hers was nearby and she saw the text. She grabbed her towel, before pointing to her backpack. "So could you help me by setting my clothes out? I stuffed them in my backpack." Which had two top zippers like most Jansport ones. Her blue eyes flit about nervously as she fiddled with getting out of the tail, finally giving up and pulling the sports bra off. "A li'l help?" She whimpered, towel over her now bare Cs and blushing very red. Screenshot_20200331-174158.png

(Just in case wrong area)

Blushed as she looked over to the girl and shrugged "Probably not but I'll let you ." she smiled some as she moved over to the locker and pulled her clothes out. Glancing behind her she smiled and nodded moving over to her backpack and tugging on the zipper. Before she could look within she looked behind and blushed bright red it seemed she wasn't the only one practically naked now. "Um y yea gi give me one second up y yea." she blushed and reached into the bag feeling something plastic she pulled out what looked to be a toy car. Turning around she held it up her bashfulness forgotten for the moment "Um Polly whats this?"

Polly made the stereotypical "eek" face as she saw her car she had made as part of her adventures after Grande was put in jail. "H-How'd that...? Um... Careful with that, please. My middle school science project. Polycarbonate and acrylic body, making it crash resistant. Real working engine... Sorta a um..." Major blush "good luck charm, now. I kinda do models too. From scratch. Everything works on it. Gas powered. You're looking at months of work." She hoped that could be bought for now. Although every bit was true, she didn't want KC to know how old that model was... And Polly had literally been behind the wheel and driven it. "C-Can we focus on getting me outta this tail, now. You can look at it closer whilst I shower, just be very careful with it?" She wondered if the bubble wrap had been removed... And remembered it had... Just yesterday evening.

KC raised a brow as she watched the girls face change suddenly when she pulled the car out of the bag and showed it to the girl. Glancing down at it she nodded and slowly set it on the bench eyes going wide as she looked it over. This thing was amazing and from the sounds of it Polly had put a lot of work into it "Honestly that's really cool and it looks like your gonna get a good grade." She smiled as she leaned over the bench eyes running up and down the car not realizing she was bent forward her butt facing the other girl. Standing back up she blushed and nodded her head "Oh um yea just one sec." She smiled and stepped over to her although her face got redder the closer she got and then she was bending down in front of her gently taking the edges of the suit "Ok I'm gonna start pulling so hold onto whatever you've got under it or they're coming together." She continued to blush looking up at the girl from below

Polly smirked. "Middle school. It got me an A++. Now I remember why I had it. In case I could stop at Home Depot and get bubble wrap. The right amount for it. It's... Errmmmpphh... To scale. 1/12 actual size. Everything. Why it's slightly bigger than most models. Thanks. Here." She stepped out of the tail, wrapped the towel around her and carefully opened the hood to the engine, and both driver's and passenger's doors. "Now you'll be able to see inside at the engine and interior, at the gauges and stuff." She grabbed a new bar soap left out for the team and squad. "See you in fifteen, and close the hood and doors carefully when you're finished. Hopefully you're dressed by then, although I didn't mind the view. I mean, I AM fashionista Lila's model." She said with a wink as she went to get her shower. She knew she could drive the mustang, she had a Jeep like vehicle before the pink convertible KC was looking at. She had treated people as other cars and the sidewalk as the street, with the same rules, and had the best score in driver's education ever. She had no problem acing all her tests for her driver's license.

KC leaned over looking closer at it as she looked up and down the small car pretty astounded at the intricacies that went into this thing. Her eyes roamed up and down it and then when she popped the hood and opened the doors she let out an appreciative ooh. She smiled leaning closer again to look at it, damn she even had an interior that looked worn out as if it had been driven many times before. She leaned back standing up straight her attention moving over to take int the girl and blush bright red at her comment "He hey th that was um ok." she chewed on her lip some giving a small hiss as she stretched the hurt portion of her lip. Still blushing she couldn't help but watch her as she moved into the shower, shaking her head she managed to come out of her daze before turning back to her locker. "I don't know what that girl's doing to me but its something." She shook her head some giving another hiss at the pain arching through her face but she slowly managed to get dressed. She sighed and settled down on the bench and closed her eyes to relax for a moment

With her shower finished, she came back, towel wrapped around her and hair dripping (since she didn't think to have two towels); Polly moved what KC would perceive to only be a model off the bench and onto the floor, and quickly dressed, before carefully packing the car back in the backpack along with the towel in the other large section. She turned to look at KC with a grin, moving her pink stripe of bangs out of her own eyesight. "What did you think of it? When you're eye gets better, I might let you drive it..." She teased, tongue just hanging out like a cat or dog, "Of course you'd have to shrink to about, oh... 1/12th your current height." The cheering crowd told them that the Mermaids won. "I think we better make ourselves scarce and get to Chili's, already. Lead the way to the Mustang and in case you're worried...." The blonde showed her actual state issued license. "As long as it's not a bus, I'm legal. I can't get a CDL til I'm 18."

KC glanced up at the other girl as she made her way into the locker room towel wrapped around her while her hair streamed down and framed her face. Blushing once more she shook her head and looked down at her phone where she had been texting Zara and badgering her for the score. Currently it was game point 9 in favor of the mermaids, as Polly got closer she started to say some strange things. "Well it looks pretty cool, but that would be a little out there wouldn't it. I mean I can't be that small unless you invented a shrink ray or something." She chuckled and shook her head before snapping her fingers "Oh you meant with a remote control." She nodded and smiled as she stood up and moved around the edge of the lockers "Sure I'll just wait for you outside the door so you can change." She blushed a bit more as she gave her one more look and then made her way out of the locker room. She smiled as she watched her friends cheering their win, but it was bittersweet at the moment

Polly smirked. "Took ya long enough... I DID have my tongue out." She teased before finish dressing and headed out to catch up with KC. She could see the expression on her face. "Go on. Go over there and congratulate them." She smiled, shooing her towards the team. "Chili's can wait a few more minutes."

"Chili's huh? Talk about irony. That's where we promised that if they came from behind and pulled off the win... The cheer squad would treat them to a three for ten deal." Angie snarked. "Suppose you already snagged KC, Pocket. Fine. You can have her, tonight, buh-hut... Just remember, I actually attend this school." She gave a satisfied smug look and walked towards the team, who still had to change. The cheer squad technically didn't.

KC rolled her eyes at the girl before she disappeared around the corner out the door, not long after she was joined by the blonde. Glancing over at her she smiled and nodded Thanks I need to catch up with them." she smiled and made her way over to the team although her path was bit off-kilter thanks to her poor perception at the moment. Stepping into the crowd of girls she handed out pats on the back, high fives, fist bumps, and hell yeah. "Good job girls I'm proud of ya." she smiled moving back to stand beside Polly as they started filtering to the locker room and Angie stopped in front of them. She raised a brow at her conversation with Polly completely out of it, it almost sounded like Angie was jealous of Polly, giving her head a small shake she watched her move off. Man, she must have been more adled at the moment then she thought she was. "Oooookaaay. Let's go before the crowd keeps us stuck in the lot." She smiled making her way out of the gym giving Zara a wave on her way. After a short walk, they stopped in front of her Mustang and she handed the keys to Polly "Be gentle" She smiled and moved to the other side to settle into the passengers seat

Polly nodded and tried to turn it over. All it did was click. Getting out after popping the hood, she went under, using her phone's flashlight. "You know your ignition wire is loose? Might want to get it into the shop first thing. I think I can get it jury-rigged enough for tonight... Turn it over.... Well, try to turn it over." And by jury-rigged, fixed 'professionally' enough to get the starter to work through rest of the night. "You'll probably be farther ahead to have it towed to the shop." As she shut the hood, Polly called her dad. "So... We'll probably need a ride from Chili's... Though I may have bandaged it enough to get it home. I'll need a ride home from KCs."

KC sighed as she watched Polly turn the key and then all her car did was click and click. She groaned and hopped out after Polly moving around to the front of the car to watch as she pulled the hood up and looked in. Raising a brow she gave her an appreciative nod "Damn that's kind of hot...the um engine yea but its pretty cool you know how to fix this stuff up." She blushed bright red good catch KC, nodding to Polly she rubbed the back of her head "No offense but I think I'll just get her toed from here and take care of it tomorrow, do you think your dad can give us a ride to eat and then home, or is that to much?"

Polly nodded, sure her dad overheard KC. She blinked, frowned, pulled the phone away from her ear and gave it a dirty look. Putting it back to her ear she said, "Of course I have them, but that's not something you do even on a SECOND date!" She grimaced. "No. Technically this is the culmination of the bet, so it's not a first date either." Dirty look at phone, round two. "Daaad! Although I'm not TECHNICALLY part of the squad... The Mermaids fell behind and the captain promised the team every member of the cheer squad, mascot included, would buy their three for ten meal there... That was all the incitive they needed. Mermaids won." Pause eyeroll. "Game point 9+... Ok, ok! 23-21." And cue an eyebrow raised stare that screamed Dad joke, as Angie made her way towards them. She was just in time to hear Polly utter, "Dad! Not funny!"

Angie poked KC. "Another Daddy playing hardball? So, what's wrong with the ol' girl this time... Or is it the same thing you're finally being forced to fix?" She then imitated an engine refusing to turn over.

Polly finally hung up. "We're here for twenty minutes, and I already diagnosed that, Angie. Be careful or you'll flood your engine."

"How do you know so much about cars, Pocket?!" Angie huffed.

She set her backpack down and pulled out the car. "I dunno. Maybe I built one that actually works? With real moving parts in the engine? I wanted bubble wrap for it so bad. It's my class science project from way back in middle school."

Angie's mouth hit the asphalt and her eyes grew three sizes. "Dah-wahm!! You better protect this one, I'll steal her myself! Wait... That really would make us Betty and Veronica, wouldn't it? Being how fabulously wealthy the Howertons are and all."

KC settled down on the hood of her car as she watched the other girl pace back and forth talking to her dad. She raised a brow at some of the words she was saying, what would be something you do only after a second date. Wait was this a date no she said it herself this isn't a date she should be ok. She nodded to herself as she leaned back against the car looking up at the sky occasionally glancing back at Polly to see what she was doing. She had to admit the girl was putting on quite the show with how she was talking to her dad and moving around making impressive actions. KC gave her a thumbs up when she rolled her eyebrows at her dads joke and she was pretty sure she could even hear laughter on the other end of the line.

Suddenly she heard the sound of someone else walking up when she was poked in the side. "Hey now I was already injured once tonight don't need another wound." She chuckled ten tilted her head at the girl "Wait what do you mean...my dads at home? And yes Daphne here is being a bitch." She patted the hood of her car before looking around behind the head cheer leader. "Hey wheres the rest of your squad or at least your date?" She raised a brow once more looking down at the pair before glancing down at the pink car as she got a look at it for the second time that night.

She chuckled as she watched Angie kind of freak out only to spout some more nonsense
"What do you mean steal here. I mean she's free to go with you if she wants. At the moment you're probably the only one who can leave hehe." She chuckled and shook her hea

Angie tutted. "And leave you waiting? Perish the thought. My date? Funny story that... There wasn't a girl left for me, and I refuse to 'date' the coach. Too old!" Angie complained melodramatically. "Yeah. Daddy said if I'm going by limo... It would have to be a threesome, then, or I have to join someone else. You two are the only ones ready."

Polly frowned as she put the little car down to repack it in the backpack. "Uh. Your dad actually said you had to have a threesome in order to get the limo? Don't you usually go everywhere by yourself anyway?"

Angie smirked. "Now you're getting it, Pocket! That's what I said! And that's when he was like, get a couple to ride with you, you get the limo. So....? Whaddya say you two?"

KC chuckled some and rolled her eyes "Hey you had no idea we were here so don't try and sell me that bs. As for the rest of that well she is old and yea without me its pretty odd huh. I probably would have gone with Sarah and you could have snagged whoever shes with tonight." She chuckled and shrugged again before her whole face went red at the others words and her eyes widened.

"Your da dad said yo co could have a...ohh you just meant three people. Don't say it like that, you weirdo." She blushed a bit more before shaking her head and hopping off of the hood of her car before nodding at them. "Well I'm tired, my eye hurts, and I'm starving so if you're fine with it Polly lets get out of here." She smiled at her although it looked kinda ugly cute things to the decent bruise running across her face. "If not though your dad can get us right."

Polly frowned. "That's freaking blackmail." She spat as Angie stuck her tongue out at KC, for not figuring it out sooner. Angie just nodded at Polly.

"Well," Polly addressed the two. "Our options are as follows: Cave in to blackmail. Ride in a clown car and listen to lame and maimed jokes told by a middle aged trying to hard to be cool pop... Or... Learn the Pocket family secret to why we know magic and supernatural things are real, while going to Chili's in style."

Angie blinked, looked at KC, looked around the parking lot, and quipped, "You said what? What could be more stylish than a limo?"

"Not big on the blackmail part, Angie... And you shouldn't be either. Live a LITTLE, outside the box." Polly explained, leaving the car out of the backpack, but zipping it, and putting it on just in case. "Besides, aren't you two the least bit curious about why the attention to detail included worn seats on the interior of the car?" She pointed to something on the floor in the backseat that could've been easily overlooked the first time: A square cooler.

Angie folded her arms. "Well... Now my curiosity is piqued..." She said calmly, eyebrow raised.

KC shrugged as she went back to leaning against her car kind of squinting as she looked at the other two girls. "Just saying I got this because of you two and so I'm using it to my advantage." She giggled some as she stuck her own tongue out at Angie.

KC raised a brow at the other girls words before jamming a thumb at the head cheerleader
"I mean I think I have to agree with her on this one. My rides caputs and no offense but I've already got one headache I don't need another because of some bad dad jokes." She chuckled before looking down at the small car still set on the ground Pollies words piquing her interest as well before she snapped her fingers and pointed at the girl. "You do have a shrink ray and thats a real car." She nodded her head and crossed her arms certain she had figured it out despite the other girl mentioning magic and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom