Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Urban Sphinx (w Rain K)

KC chuckled as she watched Polly really dig into the pie and then turned her attention back to the other girl. "I mean sure you're rich but that doesn't mean everything gotta be gourmet. You're here tonight branch out a bit more maybe go down a bit. Taco Bell ain't bad but there are other fast food places to try." She glanced a Polly and gave her a nod as she listed some good Mexican places. "Although if you want a really good Mexican place go to Teds. Personally, though I'm more of an Italian food girl."

She smiled then moved out of the way so Polly could go do whatever she needed, KC figured bathroom but who knows. When she came back she would scoot over and settled against the wall. She raised a brow at the twos girls back and forth for the moment until Angie slid something across the table that was quite shiny given how small it was. She waved her finger between the two of them"So uh what was all that about hmmm, also why is your business card for a bank why not just give her your dad's number or your number?"

Angie rolled her eyes and tutted. "Because, my daddy IS president of Littleton Bank, and no matter how trivial you or I may think something is, even hiring a friend or acquaintance as tutor... Everything regarding finances has to go through the business phone. Business finance or something silly like that. After all, the tutor would be paid (whether they want it or not) through Daddy."

Polly shook her head as she looked at KC. It'd be better just left alone at this point. KC might end up with a lecture on financial responsibility.

KC sat back raising her brow as the other girl spoke and then she shook her head "I mean alright I just feel like that's all a bit overly complicated for something as simple as Polly becoming your tutor. But again whatever." She chuckled and shook her head before glancing over and snagging a bite of Pollys dessert and munching on it. "Mmm not bad but I still think mine was better hehe." She chuckled and winked at her before turning back to Angie

"Well if we're gonna ride around in that limo I think now would be a good time to call it in."

Polly rolled her eyes as Angie said, "I don't even try to argue that point with him anymore." She sighed, before nodding and calling. "Daphne was left at Pepboys, Daddy. Shoulda heard the engine..." She then mimicked a car not turning over as she did earlier. "Funny. Tonight's Mermaid said the exact same thing. How on Earth am I going to flood my engine doing that?!" She then looked sheepish. "Oh..."

"After hanging up, she said calmly. "Hope you don't mind us stopping at BR31 before dropping you each off. Rest of us still haven't had dessert." She looked around as she watched the girls leave various singles on the table for the tip. "Is everyone ready to head to Baskin's that hasn't had dessert, yet?"

Everyone was ready.

Polly hadn't said anything about KC snitching a bite of her pie until they were ready to go, where she said, "Only reason I didn't grab any of yours as... I have to watch my chocolate intake... And your dessert was death by chocolate."

KC matched Pollys eyeroll as they watched the girl across from them pull out her phone and call her butler or dad or someone. She wasn't sure which but whatever she was calling someone to come get them and that's all that mattered. "Hey you leave my girl out of this we simply need a ride not an explanation." She huffed before following Polly out of the booth and stretching when they stood up. "Hey now yours was wide open I just had to snag a bit hehe. What do you mean you gotta watch your chocolate intake are you allergic or just don't like it?" She raised a brow at her as they wandered outside to wait

Wentworth was waiting outside the restaurant patiently standing next to the limo as he waited for Angie and her friends, spotting her he slightly bowed
"Ah Ms. Angie how was your evening. Are you ready to go home or is there more for us to do."

Angie smiled, "No, dear Wentworth. One other stop. Baskin Robbins. We won tonight so everyone not the mascot or MVP, including moi, gets ice cream for dessert." She then elbowed Polly and nodded to her chauffeur. "Someone has something she made in seventh for you to look at and needs some advice." She knew Wentworth wouldn't tell the parents.

Polly got the hint and put her bag down, pulling out the car with the still mildly warm engine, giving clue it had run within the last hour. "So... I need to know how to carry it inconspicuously... After running the engine, gas engine... This was our ride here and top speed is just over uhh... Ten miles per hour. I parked it in the roses over there while we ate. Kinda why we need a ride home."

Meanwhile, Angie ushered KC into the limo and got in behind her.... She planned to keep KC and Polly separate for some reason known only to her.

Wentworth gave a nod of his head as she started to talk "Ahh yes the famous victory ice cream so delightful." He chuckled then stepped closer to Polly raising a brow as he glanced down at the car. "My my something so intricate and so small." He held out his hands "May I?" He smiled once she handed the car over to him and as he stood there he very delicately looked it over. Twisting it this way and that he scanned it up and down before handing it back to the young girl. "Hmmm I'm afraid I don't have a very good idea for your predicament Ms. Polly. Perhaps you could shrink it down further, or place it in something more insulated?" He smiled rubbing his chin as he thought on the problem

KC gave a small wave to the butler before glancing around him to the limo she had never ridden in one so she was about excited as anyone was on their first limo ride. Smiling she stepped closer looking it over only for the door to be opened and for her to be pushed in suddenly. Plopping onto the back seat she turned to Angie with a slightly peeved expression
"What the hell Angie?"

Angie smirked and gave KC an extremely smug, eyes half closed, rich girl up to something, smiling look. I was just off of being a smirk.

Meanwhile, Polly seemed disappointed somehow. "Well, Angie said you could be trusted with the secret. Insulated, hmm? Well, I can't shrink it farther because it has to be life size when I'm 1/12 scale. That's why it's 1/12 scale. Getting a bit troublesome having to hide it for at least an hour to let the engine cool before I can put it away. I almost never drive it in the winter with no foliage to hide it behind or in, for the one hour cool down reason."

When she got in the back with Angie and KC, she noticed the seating arrangement. "What gives, Angie?!"

Angie gave Polly the same look. "Maybe I'm keeping you two all to myself." Then she laughed. "Come on, you two... Think! Why would you have the window seats?"

"One of us will have to get out and let you out and back in." Polly said. "Seeing as Baskin's is first."

Angie nodded. "And after Baskin's, what are we doing? Hmm? Anybody?" She looked back and forth between the two.

Wentworth once more looked the car over noting the size and nodding as she explained herself. "Oh, course my young friend I will not tell a soul. Well, perhaps you can design a coolant system for it that activates when you turn off the car so it doesn't take as long to calm down. Or maybe design a special pocket in your backpack that can funnel out any heat the car creates." He gave a small shrug before letting her into the limo and closing the door behind her before making his way to the driver's seat. He started the car up and off they were going.

KC continued to glare at the girl and that smug smirk before glancing up at Polly as she made her way into the limo
"That's what I said." She shook her head as she glanced back at the girl raising a brow "I mean we're in a limo why does it matter where we sit there a bunch of room." She shook her head as she leaned back in the chair listening to the other girls talk Angie continuing to smugly look at the pair of them "You're dropping us off but like Polly said we're still stopping to get ice cream first so it doesn't matter."

Angie rolled her eyes. "You two." She put her arms sort of around both and pointed to the windows. "You're in a limo. With. Window. Seats. Unobstructed. Views." She looked towards the front. "Scenic route, please, Wentworth." She sang out.

Polly finally got it. A tour of Littleton. From the back of the limo! "Thanks Angie!" She smiled looking out to enjoy the view. It might be nothing special seeing downtown at dark, but all the lights would be on, and that included the office buildings, shops, stores and bars along Main.

Angie had already caught June, and told her to tell everyone not to wait for her... Eat their ice cream, but stay in the store until she came in. Right now she was making like a tour bus guide circling Los Angeles (only it's Littleton) pointing out landmarks and giving snippets of information on some of the older buildings including Derrington's Pub and Grill, that took up nearly a quarter of a block out KC's side, and the Littleton Y main downtown branch on Polly's.

Wentworth smiled back at the girls before giving a thumbs-up through the partition window and starting the limo up. Glancing around he pulled out and started them down the road taking the longer route as he had been asked.

KC rolled her eyes as she settled back in her seat to watch out the window "No need to be so secretive about it, but I guess its cool." She gave a small smirk before gazing out the window enjoying the tour despite herself. Shaking her head some she couldn't help but chuckle at Angie now and then as she continued to drone on, it would seem the richest girl in town really knew her history.

She smiled as she watched the buildings go by the sight of the town lit up wasn't really all that amazing but something about it was special. She gave Angie a small smile as the girl continued to get into it and she had to admit she was finding it pretty interesting and learning some things.

When they finally got to the Baskin Robbins, Angie went in to pay the bill and get her own two scoops. One black raspberry with chocolate chunk, and the other that looked like vanilla ice cream with chocolate swirls and broken peanut butter cups mixed together. She brought hers back out after saying good night to the cheer squad and volleyball team. "Now... Let's get these two home. KC, you're still over there near Fountain Creek, right? About two blocks on this side of it?"

(After KC answers, we can time skip to almost five Sunday afternoon and have the Catra/Zara scenes. Polly will be there, just not prevalent)

KC leaned back into the chair moving her head back and forth as Angie pointed out the window it really was something else that the girl knew so much. Eventually, they stopped at the Baskin Robbins and Angie hopped out to go get hers, turning to Polly KC giggled before making a crazy motion with her finger. Then Angie was back and they were off again as she belted out her address KC turned to Angie with a skeptical look. "Yeessss but how do you know that? You stalking me or something?" She leaned back staring the girl down as they slowly pulled up to her home "Hmm Angie ya know you're kind of weird. But it works for you I guess" Glancing at Polly she gave her a smile and a wave "Check ya later Munchkin Queen" With that she hopped out and dashed up to her house.

The Next Day

Zara stood in front of Catras door waiting to knock as she looked down at herself checking out her outfit. She was in a simple pair of jeans a simple t-shirt and her leather jacket, it all looked nice but not out of place. She chewed on her lip before nodding and at 450 she knocked on the door patiently waiting. She hadn't brought any pajamas given she would need to leave before 10 to be able to get away.

The Pockets and Drapers were already present and Lila could be heard over the others (mainly because the 70s-90s rock was so loud) talking about a fashion show she was planning. Catra grabbed the door. "Hey, Zara. Sharp." She rolled her eyes as she stepped out of the way to let her in. "I mean your simple wear is sharp. Come in. Chorizo sausage are grilling. You can either come in the back with me... Please. Or mingle with Lila and Polly." It could be told by tone, that Lila seemed to have taken both teens hostage, and Catra was looking for any excuse to make her escape.

Zara instantly lit up with a smile when she saw Catra opening the door, she had understood what she meant but it was always cute when the other girl felt she needed to overexplain herself. Nodding she followed her into the entry hall letting the door close behind her "Thanks. Considering the only reason I'm here is to spend time with you lets slip on to the back." She smiled and winked at her as she was ushered into the back passing by the room where the other two girls were the one trapped by the other. Chuckling some she moved along following the smell of something tasty "Smells really good in here hehe."

At the big picnic table in the back Catra sat down. "Either next to me or across from me. Doesn't matter. Polly and Lila will be the ones sitting with me and you when we eat... And probably the mom's... Ahem. So, what did you do last night?"

Just to Zara's side was the table with the condiments, a couple flavors of chips (plain & BBQ), various picnic sides, and a large platter of no bake cookies. Those still had the cellophane wrap over them.

Bruce Springsteen could be heard just starting to sing about Dancing in the Dark.*

(This is on a playlist app, giving you an example of the rock. Light to moderate. But rock. You can have a song you like to play next @RainK .)

Zara smiled and plopped down right next to the other girl leaning forward some so she could get a better look at Catra. "Hmm? Oh not much really watched the game as well as my best friend take a full bottle to the face. Brat was lucky security got to him first." She sneered her eyes flitting to cat like slits before she managed to calm down. "After that I snagged me something to eat before heading home. Speaking of I can't really stay the night and should probably be heading out around 830ish." She smiled and shrugged "I have to finish some stuff up at home." She gave her another smile before snagging a few chips for herself and eyeing those nobakes.

After the last son finished up Carry on my Wayward Son came on and she started bobbing her head

Catra nodded, yet shook her head. "Full bottle, you say. Geeez." When Kansas started she started grooving and bopping right in her seat, stealing a potato chip from Zara's plate. "I love Kansas." She sighed, getting into it. "Shame you can't stay long. Wish you could. Want you to have fun and unwind."

There was going to be one more song before the call to dinner it appeared as a brass instrumental started and Polly let out a squee of joy from the other room, before Chicago started singing 25 or 6 to 4.

As if stating the obvious, Catra quipped "Polly loves Chicago."

She noticed what Zara was looking at. "Not until Nan Pocket takes the cellophane off."

Penelope heard and came over, putting a hand on each of their backs. "And that's not until after you eat the food. Polly would have half that plate scarfed and wouldn't be able to eat her actual food. Looks like someone else would have the other half gone."

Zara gave a grim smile as she nodded her head "Yea she was stopping it from smacking into either Polly or our head cheerleader. Kid was an absolute douche just jealous the mermaids were beating them into the floor. And I think he was a tad jealous because they were flirting or something. I'm not sure I was watching the game and KC more." She shrugged again narrowing her eyes at the girl as a chip was stolen.

She gave her another smile
"Trust me most of my life is pretty chill and like I said I'm here to spend time with you so I'll have plenty of fun." She chuckled enjoying the site of her grooving until the song changed and a loud sound was heard almost like a cat getting run over. Raising a brow she nodded at Catra only to get caught looking at the treats and then informed how long she would have to wait. Groaning she sat her head on the table "They're one of my favorites though." She giggled some and shook her head before sitting back and watching Catra "So what'd you end up doing yesterday?"

As they enjoyed each others company Dream On came on and she couldn't help but smile "Favorite classic rock right here."

Catra kinda half closed her eyes. "Aerosmith" as she listened she winced slightly at the seemingly singing scream. "Forgot that was in there. Wasn't ready for the 'stepped on a Lego', but then... The lead singer didn't hear Polly happily squeal for Chicago. That was 'stepping on the whole box of Legos'."

As Catra tried to figure out what they could play that would also teach them about each other, her dad bellowed that dinner was 'swerved'. She immediately pulled slightly on Zara. "You heard it right. It's just another dumb dad joke. A lousy attempt to be funny." She sighed as she got herself and Zara in line. "It was funny when I was ten. Now it's old and lame."

Ironically, Lila made a remark similar to it as she got her one sausage sandwich. "Y'know? That joke is horribly out of fashion. It's so last decade." Aerosmith was ending and Journey's Open Arms began.

"Mom!" Catra "Mrs Julianne!" Lila
"Awww, c'mon... A love song in the middle of the party mix?!" Polly and Nan in unison.

"Toldja." Catra's dad said to her mom.

Zara chuckled and tugged her close wrapping an arm around her as she winced "Come now its not that bad you just gotta listen and dream on." She smirked and then nodded in agreement in assessment to the screaming Polly "She could be in one of those dark screamo bands haha." She giggled some before hearing the call for the dinner giving a small chuckle at the dad joke and then the groaning from his daughter.

"Haha I think its cute." She chuckled and followed the other girl over to the food her stomach giving a small grumble as she sniffed at the delicious smell in the air. Then the next son came on and she had to laugh as everyone instantly reacted "Damn that was a quick head snap haha."

Mrs. Julianne just grinned. "It's still light to moderate rock... It counts. I think there's a Boston song next." Sure enough, Piece of Mind began and everyone got back in the head bopping groove.

Catra didn't know what to think to Zara liking the joke, but shrugged it off. Meanwhile, Lila made her way over to the sides table and got some Amish potato salad and the homemade coleslaw (with real ground peppercorns in it) her parents made, before making her way to the picnic table. Catra got the barbeque chips and coleslaw, steering clear of most of the rest of the picnic foods. She sat, but both she and Lila would wait for Zara, Polly, Penelope (Nan) and Lila's Mom to sit with them. Lila's grandma would join her son (Lila's dad), Polly's parents and Catra's parents in the house.

Zara gave her another smile as the music changed once more and she was able to bob her head to the sound. As she made her way down the table she snagged her some of the hot dogs, some potato salad, and some more chips before making her way back over to the table. Sitting down next to Catra she glanced around then turned back to her "Um is there anything to drink or was I supposed to bring my own?" She smiled giving a small shrug glancing around again before turning back to Catra.

As she looked around the music once more changed and Hey Jude by the Beatles rolled on

"You know... I was about to ask that self same question... How do you do, dear, Penelope Pocket is the name." Said the curly grayhaired plump older woman. "Most these teens call me Nan. An endearing nickname for'grandma', and a correct colloquial for that in Britian."

Catra blushed red as she left her spot so quickly her chorizo dog she had picked up was levitating in mid air before falling to the paper plate (of course) upside down.

Zara heard Catra's mom exclaim, "You had one job, Catra!"

Shortly, with help from Polly's dad, the overly large cooler stocked with a variety of different 24oz plastic bottles of various sodas came out and Catra sat it down next to the table where the flatware and condiments were. "Sorry." Catra said calmly and very embarrassed by her blush.

(flatware, condiments, chips, picnic salads incl coleslaw, desserts currently all covered)

Zara glanced up at the other woman although due to her height there wasn't much difference even she was sitting. "Nice to meet you ma'am. My names Zara Sadani Kitty Cat there invited me to spend some time with you guys tonight." She gave the other woman a smile then glanced at where Catra had been and now there was only a falling dog. Raising her brow she then heard Cats' mom and couldn't help but giggle.

Then she was back along with her father lugging a decent sized cooler which she assumed was full of pop. Standing up she moved over to the cooler and gave Catra a kiss on the cheek before leaning down and snagging herself a bottle of Dr. Pepper.
"All good cutie red looks good on you haha." She chuckled and made her way back to the table to settle down

Back
Top Bottom