Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Urban Sphinx (w Rain K)

Penelope smiled, shook hands and sat down across from her. "Interesting last name. Sadani. Indian? I knew a Sadani family from Egypt, too, when I was younger and travelling." Polly and Lila shortly flanked her. "Could I trouble you for a root beer, Catra dear?" She asked the hostess, who brought her over an A & W and herself a Faygo Moon Mist, whilst Lila snagged two Faygo Colas for herself and Polly.

Catra came over and sat back down. "Upside down. Figures. Glad chorizo is spicy enough without the mustard, but my onions and cheese!" She moaned, trying to fix her dog, after placing the A&W in front of Penelope, "Here ya go, Nan." She glanced shyly at Zara. "I'm more partial to rose quartz if you're hinting at anything." She said, slightly smirking whilst coyly chewing her bottom lip.

Jefferson Airplane started with Somebody to Love.

Zara smiled and nodded at her "My grandpa is full Indian and My Grandmas Egyptian he followed her to the pyramids. Then My dad met my mom and they moved here when I was a kid. So I get the best of three different worlds although the Egyptian tends to show off more than the others." She chuckled coyly to herself before glancing up and watching as Catra made her way back to the table.

Sipping at her Dr. Pepper she had to laugh at her comment
"That's what happens when you dash off and let the dogs fly." She gave another giggle before turning back to her own meal and working on it then glancing across at Catra she raised a brow before blushing herself. "Um I'm lost now. I was talking about your blush what are you talking about?" She chuckled some as she took a few more bites of her dinner still wondering at Catra.

As she did The Sounds of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel came on

The three across from them all looked at Catra. "You said red looks good on me..." She said quietly. I'm more partial to... Kwmmrrzz." Her head had started dipping lower and lower until the name of the rock was unintelligible.

Nan smiled. "I see."

"Glad one of us adults does..." Lila's mom, next to Catra, commented.

"Instead of something red, if you give her some jewelry, she prefers it be rose quartz, a sort of deep pinkish rock. Polly..."

"Right. Handbag. You were going to give it to Catra anyhoo for a door stop." The girl left and returned with what appeared to be an ordinary rock.

Screenshot_20200425-140151.png

(Sounds of silence is pretty long. This would have all verses.)

Zara nodded her head following along with what they both said until he got to the rose quartz. Of course, by that time her head was nearly on the table and the last few words were very hard to understand. She then looked across at the others as Nan commented and then Polly stepped in to save the day. "Ohhh ok I can do that eventually haha although I probably won't start buying you jewelry until we've been going out for a month or so. But trust me when I say I know my way around pretty trinkets its in my blood." She chuckled and gave her a wink before wrapping her arm around her waist and pulling her close. "Still red does look good on you I told you I think you're cute when you're flustered hehe."

She glanced down at the rock turning it over some before smiling "Ya know if you'd like my dads got some tools I could use to cut this into the shape of a cat."

Lila's mom must have been in one of her moods, as she snarked, "Well... There's an original idea."

Now Lila was sharing Catra's blush, which for a girl with a ruddy complexion already against red hair... Looking nigh unto a traffic light signaling stop, as she laid her head down, embarrassed for Catra and herself.

Nan gave the adult a cross look that definitely said Mother's watching.

Catra thought about it. "Sleeping cat curled. As long as it's still heavy enough to keep the door open when I want it opened." She picked up the rock. "Wow. Thank you, Nan... That's gotta be about twelve pounds! You know... Looking at it this way... It sorta resembles Garfield. Here's his fat tummy." She patted the bigger end of the rock. "Besides the Obama cat... I don't have a ceramic Garfield yet..."

"Thirteen and a half, actually, dear. And you're welcome." Penelope smiled, looking around the table. "Polly, Catra. You two are holding up the desserts. Two dogs and you've only eaten one. Chop chop."

Sharp Dressed Man from ZZ Top started and Polly set off the neighbor's dog with her squee... Which was less then Chicago... But a definite 'I love this song' squee. Catra choked slightly on her laugh and a bite of chorizo dog and coleslaw from the dog next door being disturbed.

Zara raised a brow as it seemed Lila was quickly shot down by her own mother, she wasn't too sure what that was about but whatever. Chuckling some she watched as Catra finally sat back up to really look the rock over. She nodded along with everyone else although to her it just looked like a rock. "Well I can certainly try to make it look like Garfield but I make no promises. The sleeping Cat is easy." She smiled snagging the rock from her as she really started to dig into her dinner. Looking it over she twisted it this way and that nodding some "Oh yea I can handle that."

She smiled watching Catra eager for her and Polly to finish because those cookies were calling to her. Suddenly though the song shifted again and she had to duck her head looking for that jet that had just flashed by.

"You know Garfield sleeps like Snoopy sometimes... Face up. I'd figure he'd be kinda easy... It would be adding Pooky that would make it difficult." Catra stated as she and Polly finished practically at the same time.

When the girls finished, Penelope was already up, taking the plastic wrap off both the lemon bars and no bake cookies. "Use the tongs, please, and not your fingers." She instructed, showing how easy it was to grab a couple of the cookies at a time, but the lemon bars was only one at a time.

Zara smiled and nodded "Yea I know but its the details with the face that make it a bit hard, but like I said I'll do my best." She gave her a wink smiling as she finished and her eyes instantly went to that plate of cookies. Standing up she swiftly stepped over to where the eldery nan was. Nodding her head she held her hands back to stop herself from snagging several and waited for the tongs. But when she was able to she eagerly grabbed around four and a lemon bar before rejoining the table. "Finally"

As she settled back into her seat House of the Rising Sun by the animals was just starting its first strums

(good song choice for desert)

Polly was right behind grabbing a half dozen of the no bake cookies. Penelope raised an eyebrow, meanwhile, Catra made up for Polly overdosing on no bakes by grabbing two lemon bars.

Catra decided to change the subject as Polly tossed one of her cookies onto Zara's with a remark about five being a magic number. "You know... Because of the dinner music... I'm beginning to suspect this isn't going to be Monopoly night anyhoo. This is probably going to be turned off right after dinner is completely over so the couples can play Bridge. Nan and Lila's Gran may be playing with us teens. If so, I have no idea as to a game suggestion."

Polly stopped and gawked at Catra, cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk (as it was full of oatmeal, chocolate no bake goodness).

Zara glanced down at her plate as the treat descended upon it and gave a knowing nod to the other girl before she glanced up at Catra. She herself had already scarffed down two of the treats when she started talking. Giving a shrug she chewed for a moment before swallowing down and smiling at her "Well I'm down for pretty much anything but be forwarned my competitive side takes no prisoners." She giggled some and winked at her as she managed to cram another two cookies into her mouth all while slowly swaying to the sound of the music.

Catra smirked. "Oh really? Family Feud! Three on three. We're the Captain's. One senior and one teen. I'll even let you pick first!"

Lila's grandma had come to get desserts and drinks and overheard. "You better hope you get Penelope. Reminder the last time we played that. Penelope near kicked your arse all by herself!"

Penelope snorted a chuckle as Lila's dad yelled "Mum! You get on ME for saying arse!"

"Penfold Draper!"

"I know, Mum.... I know. 'Shush'."

Zara smiled as she looked down at the smaller girl and gave her a nod "Sounds like a plan and I'm going to take Nans advice there and snag Penelope. Your pick." She chuckled some as she snacked on the lemon she had snagged waiting for Catra to choose. Once she did Zara would pick whoever was left whether that be the grandma or the mom. As she waited she could not help but giggle as the two adults got into a small argument.

Catra looked at Lila's grandma. Then looked at Zara. "I'm breaking up the possibility of the team up by taking Polly, then. Which means Lila and her grandma are on separate teams, too.

Lila rolled her eyes. "I hope the first category is fashion related then... So Nan and I can wipe the floor with you. No offense to MY Gramma."

Lila's grandma shook her head with a chuckle. "None taken."

Catra led the way to the den, and the large flat screen. She programmed in the game at the computer and pointed to the keyboards around a short legged coffee table. The theme music played, and Catra put in her password and checked Polly and Susan (Lila's grandma) and the last name of Catty appeared on the TV screen.

Zara would have to do it from scratch. Being a good sport, Catra warned, "Be careful what username you use, as that'll become your last name." She pointed to the screen and the door that said The Catty Family. "The game doesn't let you change it. Sorry."

(Penelope is Nan. As in Grandma Pocket)

Zara nodded in approval as she snagged Nana Nana for her team figuring she had made a decent one. Smiling she stood up and followed along behind Catra making sure to snag a couple cookies on the way. Stepping into the room she looked up at the tv watching as Catra started it up and got everything going. She leaned against the wall watching her before nodding and stepping up. "Hmm, good tip but I think I've got this figured out." she worked through the controls and then after a moment of two stepped back to show off the name she had chosen. The Cleopatra Family flashed across the screen. "Alright I do believe we are good to go yea?"

"We had our choice of host... And as much as I like Steve Harvey's comedy..." She pointed to the screen as Richard Dawson's voice came on... Or at least a voice actor who could do Dawson, with a still image of said host, who welcomed the players and said, "Cleopatra and Catty. 100 people surveyed top eight answers on the board... Try to find the most popular answer. Here's the question. Name something that goes out of style after Labor Day."

Catra had "white" typed in and entered before anyone could blink.

"White?" Bell dinged and number 3 turned over. "Third popular. Two answers will beat it. Something that goes out of style after Labor Day."

Lila nodded. She whispered over to Zara "swimsuits" which would be number one if Zara takes it.

Zara chuckled as she finally settled into a chair and leaned back to watch the other girl continue to set things up for them. Finally it seemed they were ready and the game was able to start the host stating the first question and Catra was quicker than quick as she slammed in her answer. Zara chuckled and shook her head as she watched the answer pop up in the screen. Truth was she had no idea other than what she had put in.

After a moment she felt Lila lean close and whispered an answer so she decided to go with it. She quickly typed in swimsuits and watched as the answer rolled across the scree as the number one answer "Alright on the board."

"We are so playing. Lila, honey... Zara needs to think for herself." Penelope smiled

"Fine, Nan, but it's a fashion question!" Lila huffed.

"Not necessarily. Though I'd guess most of the answers will be. Why don't you anchor us." Nan then typed in "barbecues".

Catra frowned as she looked at the screen. "Crap. There goes mine." Ding! "Oh bull! That was an intelligent answer! Seventh, my eye!"

"Don't argue with the game dear." Lila's grandma chuckled. "Besides, who's side are you on?"

Catra blushed. Polly giggled.

Lila typed in 'light clothing" and five turned over.

"Objection! That was easily number two!"

It was in stereo, and Lila and Catra stared at each other, both blushing, and quickly looking away from the other.

Last edited:
Zara chuckled some as she leaned back into the couch watching the other two "Hey now its a team sport I'm sure we can work together on everything haha." She shook her head some as the other two quickly put in some good answers earning them places on the board before it finally looped back around to her. Although she did have to laugh as Catra and Lila went after it together for a moment. "My my someone is apparently fond of that shade of red today." she chuckled shooting Catra a wink before turning back to the game "Well ladies I apologize for my performance so far cause I have nothing so imma guess hmmmm baseball." She shrugged with a smile before typing it up and waiting to see

Catra snickered at the answer, and in typical Richard Dawson flair, so did the animated version of him. "I dunno. Fancy a bit of cricket myself. If it's up there, you're in the running for the gold glove... If not, only your first strike... Let's see Baseball?!" Ding! "Eighth popular. Though it compiles all summer sports."

It was Penelope's turn again and without hesitation, typed, "Picnics".

Catra and Polly both said, "Good answer, Nan!" Before getting into an argument over whether it was second or fourth. Ding! Second. Polly stuck out her tongue at Catra.

"Two answers left, Lila, luv. What do you say? Something that goes out of style after Labor Day."

Lila frowned.

"Three seconds."

"Sunscreen."

Apparently even the computer wasn't sure what to think.

"Uh. Yeah... I never use it in the winter, myself... Sunscreen?" Bzzzt!

It was back to Zara. Catra huddled with her two again.

Zara winked at Catra as the girl giggled at her "Hey now it was a bad question to start on." She stuck her tongue out at her as the game kept going with Nan snagging another point for them and then it was back to Lila. She took her time before putting in an answer which popped up on the screen and a big red x flashed across the screen. "Dang welp I'm still stuck so back to guessing." She chewed on her lip for a moment before shrugging and putting in another answer "Guess I'll take a point from an earlier answer and just go with it. Swimming?" She typed it up and sent it forward.

Scattered claps from the other five.

"What else are the swimsuits there? If it's up there you're alright... If not second strike. Go for a swim!" Long pause before Ding! Although it said Swimming Pools on the number six.

Nan frowned as she looked at the board. Finally, taking a page out of Lila's fashion book, typed "sandals" Which won them the 97 points.

Time for the second round and the answers were down to five.

"Richard Dawson" had the grandmas face off. "Name a vacation spot where you might spend the whole summer."

Lila's grandma again beat the Cleopatra Family with "Beach" which was number one.

Polly tried Mountains and was happy to see it second. Catra went with "Camp" and got buzzed. Surprisingly "Disney" was also a wrong answer.

Polly bit her lower lip, and the Catty Family was buzzed out because she didn't have an answer soon enough.

"Cleopatra can steal 62 points with a correct answer, and have a sizable lead. A vacation spot where you might spend the whole summer."

Zara chuckled and shrugged as she was applauded "Can't help but try right." She smiled as her answer lit up giving them a few more points and then Nan managed to win them the round. "Few I was worried that round would somehow come back to me." She smirked and sat back to watch the next round start the round going to the other family. t quickly ticked down through them before they were buzzed out and it flew to them. "Well my two are out so let's try Europe."

"You can go a whole year and not see everything. Believe me, I've tried. For the steal... Europe?!"

No hesitation. #5 turned over with a ding!

"Number three?" Ding! The Riviera
"Number four?" Ding! Road Trip

157 to 0, Polly and Lila. Point values now double top three answers on the board, Cleopatra Family could win it all. Catty Family must win to stay in it. Here's the question. Name a breed of dog that's hard to train."

Lila rang in by typing in Dalmatian. The number one answer.

"Ok, Cleo... Got two answers left. Dog breed that's hard to train."

Zara crossed her fingers around each other waiting for the answer to spin and then it did. "Alright there we go." She smiled and gave a wink to her date across the living room. Thus the next round started with Lila and Polly quickly going at it. Only Lila snagged the points and brought it over to their team with the question spinning back around to her. "Hmm I've heard that Siberian Huskies can be a bit hard to tame so I'm going with that." She smiled and typed in the answer sending it up to the board and waiting to see if she was right

"I've heard that. Let's see if it's up there. Show me a Husky?!" Number two.

Nana quickly typed in Poodle. That won the game.

Dawson said, "I'll give you a few minutes to decide which two will go for the big money."

Catra smirked and shrugged. "Rematch next week. Same teams."

Nan, meanwhile, nudged Zara. "You and me for the big money. Want to go first or should I?"

Back
Top Bottom