Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Urban Sphinx (w Rain K)

Zara pumped her arm and then nodded as Nan once more won the game for them and then it was on to the final round. "Told you I took no prisoners darling." She blew a kiss to area before turning to Nan. "Sounds good ma'am I will let you go first." She smiled standing up and making her way out of the room and back outside where she could snag some more treats and then slowly move back in

(hiding the answers because home version on computer, you wouldn't see your partner's answer until you answered all the questions. Just the points.)

When Zara returned, she would see that she needed 95 points to reach 200 and the "$5000"

"Going to ask you the same questions I asked Nan. You hear this sound, "dent-dent" it means try again.

1. Name a color of the rainbow.
2. Name a type of movie.
3. Name a US President.
4. Name a fast car.
5. Name a sport that doesn't use a ball.

Zara smiled and nodded her head as she started quickly typing in her answers

1.Yellow
2.Comedy
3.Jefferson
4.Mustang
5.Swimming

"Turn around. You need 95 points.

I asked you to name a color of the rainbow... You said... Yellow. Survey said? 15. Your partner said orange. Red was the number one answer. 80 to go.

I asked you to name a type of movie... You said, let's have a laugh... No, comedy. Survey said? 33. Number one answer, your partner said crime. You're down to 47.

"Wanted you to name a president. You chose, our third president, Mr Jefferson. Survey said? Two. You're partner said Trump, Washington and Lincoln were tied for number one. 45 to go."

Catra was making an eek face with fingers crossed. On both hands. And she wasn't even on the team!

"I asked for a fast car and you delivered with... Mustang. Not the number one of your partner with Porsche, but... What can you do? Survey said?! 33. 12 to go and one answer left.

A sport where you don't use a ball... You say Swimming doesn't.... You need 12 points... Your partner's choice of hockey you see there was number one. Survey said?!"

Everyone held their breath, everyone could also hear Catra going "please, please, please!" Whilst jumping up and down.

"12."

As the game theme played and the lights danced and big bold letters declaring YOU WON!! on the screen, one would think Catra won with the way she cheered.

"Congratulations!" Susan (Lila's grandma) said sticking her hand out. "Good game."

Zara held her breath as she watched the screen slowly tick through her answers giving her points here and there. There were so many she could have gotten more points on but she figured the other woman would have picked the more obvious answers so she tried to steer clear of them. But oh well she was getting points and that's all that mattered then finally it was the last question and her answer flashed then moments later the point total did as well giving them the perfect amount and letting them win. "Wooo 5 grand." She smiled and snagged Catra into a kiss "I'm going to Disney World." She chuckled shaking susans hand before glancing up at the clock. "And with that I need to head on home." She would smiled and give Catra a kiss on the cheek before moving around the room and thanking everyone. As she made her way towards the door she would make sure to thank Catras parents as well before giving one last goodbye and heading out.

Catra blushed, but returned the kiss, giggling at the Disney World remark. "Why when Elitch's is closer, just up in Denver, and you could take us all and STILL have money left over!" She teased. "Really wish you could stay longer, but maybe next time. Rematch for the next time the 'rents are playing Bridge." She said as she handed the rock to Zara to turn into Garfield for her.

Catra's parents smiled and waved as they looked up from their game with Lila's.

Chuckled and winked at her "Who said I want to take everyone else." She snagged the rock and made her way out the door making sure it was well packed before starting her bike and heading on home. She made it with enough time to put her stuff away and undress then leave again so she could change somewhere safer.

It was the next afternoon and the hangout was at full capacity, except with the booth that sat six, due to it's horseshoe like appearance. Catra was holding the middle with Lila in the lone chair in front of the"U" like seat, where five others could sit. Polly was on one of the ends.

The proprietor resembled a cross between the animated Pop Tate of recent cartoon Archie fame, and Andy Griffith, even sounding a bit like Griffith in an "Aww shucks" kind of way. He stopped by, checking to see if the girls wanted to order yet.

Polly shook her head. "OUR mermaids haven't shown up yet."

Catra rolled her eyes. "Our?" She asked, as Lila watched the two, slurping on her soda. "I had to contact Zara. You were supposed to contact KC... And one of THEM was to tell Angie."

"If you did your part... They'll be here any minute!" Polly grunted.

"Look. I'm only here to hold the seats until they get here. So... Which one of you are trying to date two girls? Let me guess. Polly." Sluuurrrpp. "Pops? Can I get a Citrus Drop refill here?" Lila held up her almost empty glass.

"When y'all er ready fer yer cheeseburgers and fries, let me know." The older country gentleman smiled as he snagged Lila's glass.

"Like I said. When they walk in." Catra said calmly.

Zara stretched her arms out over her head as she made her way into the diner "Man today was long glad it's over." She glanced back to the table and a smile instantly spread across her face when she saw Catra sitting there. Nodding to the table so the girls behind her could see she started making her way through the restaurant. Snagging the seat next to Catra she settled down and kissed her cheek "Hey there Kitty Cat."

KC followed Zaras nod and smiled as well making her way across the room behind the much taller girl she would settle down on the outside of the booth letting Angie take the inside next to Polly. She smiled and gave her a thumbs up trying to be inconspicuous with it as she did. "So what are we waiting for I'm starving." She smiled and nodded at Angie "Oh and sorry for the wait someone had to pick out the perfect compliment to the diners theme or something like that. Me and Zara would have been here a while ago if not for her."

"I don't like getting free stuff. It feels.... Weird. I like it better when I can treat." Angie huffed before showing off the hat that was of felt, satin, plush and had a plastic sunflower on the side, although it resembled Pops' paper one... Except the sunflower. "One can never look too trashy with such a hat, if Pops can make it look so retro."

Pops put down Lila's drink and rolled his eyes while smirking. "That's me.... A real trendsetter in a throwback style." He put her coke with maraschino cherries floating in it with the ice in front of her. "Usual for you other two as well? And Angie, if they want, you can buy their desserts... Or Garfunkel's bacon cheeseburger tab."

Angie shook her head. "Daddy told me to cut off my ne'er-do-well Uncle, so... I'll get desserts. I take the meal is already paid?"

"You take correctly." Catra nodded. "Six cheeseburgers, and a basket of cheese fries."

"Gee." Angie snarked. "Shall we have cheesecake for dessert?"

Catra couldn't help herself but blush and laugh at the same time. Of course, it didn't help that that joke was right there.

Pops returned with two large platters holding the cheeseburgers on one and fries on the other.

Catra dropped the bombshell. "So. I was thinking that the six of us form a club, distinctly original. I'm open to ideas for a name." She grabbed her cheeseburger.

"Not very original, but if we're meeting here.... Pops' Angels. The six of us don't usually cause him grief, after all." Angie shrugged grabbing her own cheeseburger.

"Yea I'll take the usual Pops thanks" She gave him a nod with a smile before turning back to her friends. Zara narrowed her eyes at the head cheerleader not sure how she felt about her teasing Catra, but the other seemed ok with it. So for the moment, she was going to let it be. Leaning back in the booth she placed one arm around Catras shoulders while the other lifted the burger or fries to her mouth. At Catras admission she raised a brow before turning to look at her "Um why do we need a club and what would it even be about. Aren't we just friends I'm good with just chilling and hanging. Well with them you, on the other hand, I have other plans haha." She chuckled and gave her a wink

"See that's what took so long." She chuckled and shook her head eagerly ordering a rootbeer before relaxing back in the seat as Angie and the owner good-naturedly argued back and forth. Finally, though he brought out their food and she was able to dig in enjoying the treats. When Catra mentioned the club she gave a small giggle thinking she was joking and then Angie joined in with some ideas. "I'm kind of with Zara what do we need a club for? Also wouldn't it be kind of weird to have two of the members dating and into each other."

Catra smiled. "Three students each of two rival schools meeting for camaraderie, maybe studying, movies... And just all around hanging out. Y'know, to show that rivals can get along."

Angie grabbed a few cheese fries. "Definitely sounds better by the minute, Kit Kat." She nodded.

Pops brought the other two drinks. "I'll throw a name out there for your club. Pops' Angels is nice and all, and you're right, you guys don't cause me grief. Heck, all Zara here has to do is stand and would be trouble makers decide to behave. You could call yourselves the Get Along Gang." As the Ducks gave him peculiar looks, he shrugged. "What? I'm old school, remember?" He smiled and walked back to the kitchen.

Zara chuckled and kissed the other girl's cheek as she seemed to get more and more excited as she talked. "I mean like I said I'm all down for that and hanging out with you guys. Just isn't a club kind of cheesy can't we just hang out?" She chuckled again and shrugged as she snagged some fries for herself. "In the end I'm all good with it just don't expect me to say the name and be like let's go guys." She held up her fingers in a peace sign as she giggled. Glancing up at the older patron she smiled and nodded her head at him "Sad thing is none of them have ever even tried anything."

KC chuckled rolling her eyes at her friend before raising a brow and nodding down to Polly. "Whats with the quiet treatment down there Pocket got anything to say on the super girls force go?" She giggled and shook her head at her ow small joke while still snagging herself some snacks and waiting for the other girl to answer

Lila had also been quiet. As Polly put her fist to her forehead with elbow on the table, Lila stated, "Ruh-roh! Rinking road!" in her best Scooby Doo impression.

Angie gave the girl a dirty look (because of the terrible table manners), but decided against correcting her.

She finally looked at KC first, then the others, and finally Catra. "Sorry. I'm not on board either Kitty Cat. I agree with KC and Zara. We shouldn't need a group name. I get why you want one. You're point about rivals can get along is sound. But why a club name? It's... No offense, to you Angie... Not logical." She wisely took her elbow off the table, and finally grabbed the last burger. Everyone had one.

Catra shrugged. "We heard from Spock. Now what about the fashion doctor."

Lila raised an eyebrow. "I already toldja. It's more fashionable to be a club with no name. Set a trend, I said. Cat, that's 4-2. Majority should rule."

Catra nodded. "So... Everyone down with being a club, but a no named club?" She wanted to make sure.

Zara narrowed her eyes at Polly and pointed a cheese fry at her "Hey now that's my nickname for the cutie next to me." She chuckled and leaned back into her seat a bit more pulling the other girl close again as everyone else debated the gang. When they finally got to the end of the debate she raised a brow "So just a group of friends. Or are you expecting us to solve mysteries and hunt ghosts? Because my bike only has room for one more, two if we ignore the laws." She smirked and winked at the others.

KC smiled and nodded her head at the other girl as she seemed to agree with her and Zara.
"Oh kind of surprised on that one haha. Well, I'm all for hanging out with you guys so I guess for." She shrugged and smiled at the others "Still what are we gonna do now? We gonna make this big hubbub and then all head our own ways. Or are we gonna go do something later on today?" She smiled raising a brow as she looked around the table

Catra gave Zara a kiss on the cheek. "Jealous, much?" She pointed to Polly. "She's one of a few peers I let get away with calling me Kitty Cat. That list is very small." Catra obviously didn't care that Zara did.

Angie huffed a bit at the sound off salute to Scooby Doo. "We all know which one Lila would be." She winked at the redhead.

Polly raised her hands. "Don't look at me. Zara, Cat, Angie, Lila... You're all seen MY car. Five would be sardined and barely in the law. I couldn't put a sixth in. Not enough seatbelts. And I'm not building a Mystery Machine van! It would take over a year! Not counting the price in woman hours and the parts!"

Angie sighed. "Well... I could have it done, and we'd go in style with our own chauffeur.... Plus, I'm sure he'd love to do more... Ah... Less boring things."

Catra sighed and shook her head. "Where would we find the mysteries to solve, anyhoo, guys? Ahem. KC, that's just it. Today was just to get it set up, bat around ideas, and decide what exactly we're going to do, sort of set up the week every Monday. We've established that we'll be a club, now let's figure what we're going to do for our first week." She looked around the booth and the lone chair. "Is everyone close to full, or should we order another round of burgers, and have our desserts after that?"

Zara shrugged and smiled down at her "What can I say I take a bit to like someone but once I do I am very protective haha." She chuckled and shrugged then shook her head at Polly. "Nah we wouldn't want a van anyway we want something sexy. And we are not riding in a limo everywhere, that is not my scene Richy rich." She gave a nod to Angie then out the window indicating her well used and well-loved bike. "Personally I'm ready for dessert then we can go swimming or catch a movie or something."

KC nodded and shrugged as she leaned back into the booth "Well Pops is the place we're gonna meet every week right. So we can stay on neutral territory and not be pampered." She nodded to the heiress sitting next to her. "Also I second the dessert option and the idea to do something fun after. I would vote for swimming but does the cat lover even like to swim." She chuckled as that was a joke on two points only one of which Catra should get unless Zara had told her the secret.

Angie smirked at hearing everyone wanted dessert. "Guess I'm running the show, now, Kit Kat." That seemed to be Angie's nickname for Catra who only shrugged towards both her and KC.

"Pretty much, KC. That's fine for today... But what about the rest of the week? None of us are in cheer, a few are in volleyball... Which reminds me, what are the days this week you play? We play tomorrow afternoon at four against Lakeside from Denver, and Saturday morning in a round robin with Tate. The other school in Littleton. We also play Shelby and Monument that day. Of course there's Family Game Night on Sunday afternoon, that Polly's and Lila's families join at my place. Zara is my plus one... The other two could invite you other two for that. But what about Wednesday through Friday? What are we going to do on those days after school?"

Zara raised a brow at Angie not sure how dessert put her in charge but whatever. At the question, she shrugged "I'm open pretty much all week except I gotta be home before 9 until Tuesday. After that, I'll be good to stay out for a while." She gave a shrug as she leaned back sipping at her drink while she listened to the other girls talk. As she did she would close her eyes and just lean back the night before had been long and she was slowly starting to feel it as she sat there.

KC nodded and tapped her chin as she thought about her schedule
"Hmmmm our next game is Saturday so I should be good for the rest of the week as well." She nodded her head as she took a moment to double-check her fact in her mind. Finally, she smiled glad that she was right before turning back to the other girls "Other than Volleyball I just have the art class but that's kind of sporadic so I'm open for whenever."

Catra shook her head as KC mentioned art. Yeah... That's this week. I've got a morning game. Wait... Your team is far enough ahead in either first or second place to not have to be in the round robin? When is your game time? Just curious?" She sighed.

Polly ate some fries. "If we do swimming today, and maybe movies Wednesday considering the game tomorrow for the Ducks... I'm on that team... Why don't you two or three come up with Thursday and Friday schedules after school? Only fair." She then slapped her forehead. "I need to tell the teacher I can't be on the club this Saturday! First of our three games is 9:30! She won't say club things, KC, so if you can go... Ask her if I can do the club project and have it done by next Saturday."

"Zara and our resident athlete can have the honors." She flagged Pops down finally, and gave him a twenty. "Everyone get what they want. Daddy wants an itemized receipt to make sure it wasn't Uncle Garfunkel." Pops nodded his understanding as Angie asked for a slice of coconut cream pie.

Polly wanted a sundae no nuts, Lila a slice of coconut cream as well, Catra decided on the lemon meringue slice.

(All malt shoppe desserts, most diner pies available. You can even have Pops bring them)

KC shrugged as she looked down at the fries thinking about it "Hmmm I think we might be in first or second yea I know we've only lost one game so far, but the team we lost to has lost two more after that. So I'm not sure if another team is undefeated right now or not." She shrugged and smiled then gave Polly a nod "Sure I think this week is the team up one anyway so I can work on it some and then you can help me finish it up Sunday or something. Although Lila does go to your school so it would probably be easier if she helped you out. I think I can fin someone from my school then." She smiled and shrugged again as she looked up to Pop and ordered a hot fudge Sunday minus any nuts.

Zara popped one of her eyes open and glanced down at the girls if one looked close it would seem almost cat like before she opened it a bit wider.
"What am I doing now?" She then joined the others and ordered a piece of Coconut Cream before leaning back again.

Angie chuckled quietly. "We didn't bore you on purpose, Zara, dear." She then cleared her throat. "Trying to think of something to do on either Thursday or Friday. If I'm to host a sleepover, I need Saturday to be free, too. No art club and no volleyball."

Polly shook her head. "That's not going to happen until after the season, I'm afraid."

Pops thought might have seen the cateye, but shook it off, by literally shaking his head, and left to get the desserts.

"Everyone. Text me what movie you want to see Wednesday. Include the dollar theater. And please make sure you have enough money for your ticket and any concessions." Catra advised.

Zara smiled and shook her head "Mmm didn't bore me I was just a bit tired and these booths are pretty comfortable haha." She smiled and shrugged as she leaned back again. "What say we go on a hike or to the lake on Thursday and we can camp out or something because Fridays a free day ain't it? Something to make up for the pt conferences right?" She tapped her chin thinking about it then the dessert was placed in front of her and she started to snack on it. "Delicious."

KC smirked she had caught the cats eye but like always she kept it to herself although when the sundae was put down in front of her she let out a small squeal of joy. "Yay" She giggled some as she eagerly dug in although after a moment she pointed her spoon at Zara "I'd be down for that especially if we can get smores or something."

Catra made a face. "Polly and I have to be back in town well before 9:30, though. In the A.M." she began to eat her dessert.

"Pish tosh, Kit Kat. You worry way too much about such trifles." Angie rolled her eyes, waving her fork. "You have an heiress of half of Littleton in your li'l group."

Lila had been taking notes. "So... Let me get this straight. Swimming today... But where? All the public places are closed. There's games for Polly tomorrow, movies Wednesday. Hiking Thursday with a camp out Thursday and Friday night, because of the parent teacher conferences on Friday, and our volleyball players don't have to be back until Saturday morning. Did I miss anything?"

"Going Dutch on the movies, and if any girl plans to fish Friday, her license and pole Thursday afternoon, Lila sweetie." Angie said almost tutting.

Catra folded her arms. "I'm warming the bench, but could be put in....? Especially Saturday with that round robin?" She then looked at Zara. "You're coming to the rec center, Saturday, right? Even if it's to watch me warm the bench all day?"

Lila giggled. "Yeah. ONLY reason you're back on, Catra, is you were the last one cut, and a regular got sick. I wouldn't count on getting in any games if I were you."

Zara looked down at her and raised her fist in the air "One Saturday without volleyball just one." She sighed and dropped her head before looking up and cracking a smile making sure to give her a kiss on the cheek. "Of course I'll come watch the best benchwarmer potential player out there." She chuckled again teasing her a bit before answering Lilas question "My place obviously my families got a sick pool." She smiled and stretched some as she leaned back into the booth again. "So after we finish up dessert we can head on over."

KC smiled and shook her head "Don't need a license if no ones around to catch us." She smirked and winked at Angie before continuing to work on her treat. "Mmm though I can bring my bow and arrows if ya'll want. We can set up a target or something and have some fun shooting it." She nodded her head again as she mimed shooting a bow "Pew" She giggled some before shrugging and nodding in agreement to Zaras words "It is pretty cool"

Back
Top Bottom