Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Urban Sphinx (w Rain K)

Zara smiled and nodded her head "Nothing to apologize for haha I just like learning about people." She grinned and sipped at her dwindling drink as she watched the girl. She was concentrating and popping up with all of her answers making Zara smile all the more. "Hmm makes sense on the colors mines either black or red. I like dogs to although I like wolves more however they are my second fave too because I follow you with cats on first although mainly big cats. And on that note damn straight to lions being majestic." She had involuntarily sat up a little straighter at those words. "Personally I'll take the mountains over the forests but my favorite vacation spot has to be the pyramids." she chuckled at her little inside joke "So no biology for you haha mines probably English, yea I speak it well enough but writing it is a pain at times." She chuckled again thanking the waitress as she set the food before them and filled their drinks back up. "This looks pretty good nice choice Kitty Cat, so have any questions for me, or are you fine being the center of attention." She smirked winking at her before starting in on her dinner.

Catra did a double blink look of askance as Zara answered her own questions as well, and had already took a bite of her dinner (as she was a bit hungry.) The fries were Greek seasoned, and Catra forgot the dinners, especially the Greek ones, came like that. Because the entree took up the whole plate (and at $10.99 for that and the two sides platter, it made sense), the fries and Catra's slaw were on separate dishes, the slaw being in a cup without a handle.

She focussed on the Greek seasoned fries as she said, "I can see you camping in the mountains. The way you present yourself, you'd probably even have the bears, mountain lions, and coyotes kowtowing and bringing you stuff." She was hinting more at the attitude and not the size. "But the pyramids? I dunno." She couldn't see anyone wanting to go there. "The dessert is hot. And dry. And scorpion-y." She shivered. She then said, "Say.... That's how I can help you! Grammar is kinda my thing. I could tutor you on writing... If you want, I mean."

She then decided she'd had enough attention. "Favorite book series, movie, sport to watch, and subject." The latter she had already answered. Practically every other subject.

Zara smiled at her as she seemed to be taken aback when she answered her own questions before turning her attention to her food. She smiled as she let her fork flick at the main course taking bites now and then. As she did she watched Katra giving her a smile anytime she looked up at her all while moving between her fries and the main course, it all tasted pretty good. She chuckled and shook her head "Mountain lions totally but bears are too stubborn and coyotes to skittish." She nodded her head as she continued to work on her meal "Oh no the dessert is gorgeous and the scorpions leave you alone for the most part." She smiled and then raised her brows "That would actually help quite a bit. I mean if it won't take away to much time."

She grinned wide as the other girl turned the questioning around on her and gave her a quick fire of questions. "Ooh tough one I'd probably say the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Mass its about a badass assassin chick. Favorite movie is kinda any if they're good enough haha although if I had to pin one down it'd be Empire Strikes Back. I honestly don't really like watching sports but I guess volleyball since I get stuck watching that one quite often. As for my favorite subject probably lunch...haha nah but for real its History." She smiled and nodded her head as she went back to her meal working on it and her fries.

Catra thought about the answers. To her that sort of made sense, from the little about Zara she knew so far. "Ok. My turn. Surprisingly, my favorite book series isn't cat-ish. Although the heroine can be a little catlike, but a whole lotta bloodhound. Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene, and favorite guy hero, Perry Mason by Erle Stanley Gardner. In fact," She stopped eating and opened her purse and pulled out a raggedy book that was also pretty old. "Here's a sample. I got another copy at home. I really need to write down the ones I have. If you have seen the series on TV, you might even agree these are much better. Nothing against the show, though. I actually like it." She slid the book over as she finished her fries, before attacking the less salty sausage dinner and coleslaw.
Screenshot_20200314-095926.png

She cleared her throat. "Favorite movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark. Hands down. Though I also enjoy the Star Wars first trilogy. I agree on the sport to watch, but because my three friends are on the team." She nodded both to Zara and herself.

Zara looked across at the other girl as she continued to work on her food, it seemed she was content to do the same she had and answer her own questions. She chuckled and rolled her eyes at the mention of her favorite heroine "Yeah she can be pretty catty. Although if we were gonna go with favorite protagonist my girl is Beka Cooper from Tamora Pierces Terrier series and Kaladin Stormblessed from Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archives is the guy." She smiled again raising a brow as Catra pulled a book out of her purse and set it on the table between them. She let out another chuckle as she pointed to the cat on the front and smirked at her date "Ya know you might be obsessed. But no I've never seen either so I wouldn't know."

She gave her a smirk as she talked about the movie
"Oh good choice and yea I just get dragged along because KC thinks I need to have school spirit or something. I'm really just there for her so yea." She grinned and shrugged as she continued to work on her dinner occasionally glancing across at Catra just content for the moment to enjoy the meal with her

Catra blushed as she realized, by the looks of it for the first time, the Perry Mason she'd had two of. Suddenly her food was more interesting than her date. "Erm... The series is still pretty good read. Not all of them are about cats.... In fact a lot aren't. Mom said that, and said she blames dad and herself. And all Perry's cases are The Case of the... I guess I forgot I had a copy of this one... Cuz of being... Err, felines on the brain?"

Zara smiled and shook her head as she watched Catra blush and then look down at her meal "Hey I didn't say it was a bad thing I was just teasing you some." She smiled again as she worked on her own meal. "Well if you like it that's good can't say I'll get into them I'm not much of one for mystery." She shrugged and nodded at the book "Hey if you like something then enjoy it, haha and it never hurts to have two of something." She gave her another warm smile her teeth somehow seeming sharper now, in fact, there was something strange radiating from Zaras body nothing major right now but just a sort of presence.

As the evening wore on and slowly shifted to night here changes would begin to set in. Most of her family were able to control their changes and for the most part, she could as well. But there was always one night a month that she wasn't able to, not unlike a werewolf. However, unlike them, it wasn't the full moon that made her change it was the waning moon and the crescent it created. Thus as the moon began to rise her eyes would slowly shift to yellow and she would feel a tightness in her dress as she slowly started to grow. Eyes going wide she managed to keep her shock intact as she looked out one of the windows and then shook her head
"Um hey I'm sorry to do do this to you cutie but I I need to head out. I am so sorry but ahh something just came up."

She gave her an alarmingly sharp smile before dropping a hundred on the table then shooting up and teetering towards the doorway. It was too late to make it home and she definitely couldn't ride her bike, fortunately, there was a park not too far away. Gasping some she started to shuffle/run towards the park as more of the changes overtook her the more the moon rose.

Most of the patrons and staff gasped. Even the owner went wide eyed and asked if she was alright.

Kim, though, brushed it off, she had a job to do, "I'm.... Anything else, or should I just bring the check?"

Catra got caught not able to run after Zara, as she sighed, putting the book back in her purse. "Check, please." She sighed, missing out on the transformation.

Unfortunately, Lila Draper, a redhead (as in orange) out jogging in Littleton Park didn't. With a bloodcurdling scream from both her and her German Shepherd, Lila's could probably have been heard in Colorado Springs, and definitely was in Denver, the two tore out of dodge in two separate directions. The worse part of that, was Lila's dog was once a police dog. Lucky ran all the way home non-stop. Lila went five miles non-stop in the OPPOSITE direction of home.

Last edited:
Zara ignored the other patrons and the passerby's on the road as she dashed into the park, fortunately for her it seemed to be a nicely wooded park and she would be able to hide relatively well. "St stupid i idiot 'ahmaq you should have been watching the calendar ahhh d damn i it." She gasped as she suddenly fell over and then for anyone close enough there would be the sound of ripping clothes. That sound would then be followed by several moments of growling and heavy panting finishing up with a mighty roar.

Groaning she fell forward now on four paws and looked around her the sphinx fully grown. She stood about 8ft off the ground on all fours and on her hind legs she topped about 12ft. Her fury was sandy brown with beautiful black wings speckled white shooting from her back while the face was still Zaras only it now had a far more cat-like appearance. Groaning she sat back and watched the girl and her dog running away and managed to fight the urge to hunt them. Panting some she looked around and after a bit of sniffing she could taste on the air a herd of deer, looks like she was going to ear tonight and with that she'd dash off.

Catra, not knowing any of what had just happened, paid the bill, leaving Kim a five dollar tip, and put the just over $70 in change in her purse, and stepped out just in time to see Lucky yelping and whining, zipping by from the direction of the park, leash flapping wildly behind him. Lila was usually right behind the dog, but no sign of the panicked redhead.

Thinking better of investigating the park, Catra decided home was best and headed that way, sending Zara a quick text. Waited as long as I could to give you back your change. Your bike is still here in the parking lot. If I said something to offend, sorry... Let me know exactly what so I won't do it again, if you wanna give me a second chance, that is. Hopefully, you'll get your bike from the parking lot after you calm down, cuz unfortunately, you only have til they open up in the morning at six. I did have fun til whatever happened happened. :(

The next morning, remains of deer bones were found scattered, and an alert went out for the public to be on the lookout for any wild animals in packs and to alert the authorities. School Saturday activities were still on despite the closeness to a wooded area.

Polly was calmly talking to her glam fashionista friend, trying to get Lila to explain calmly. All she was getting out of her was "b-b-b big! Hew huge! Ly lion girl!"

"So lioness?" Catra asked. "You saw a lioness? A mountain lion, maybe?"

"She's lucky to be alive, then. Knowing Lila she ran off screaming. You coulda been dinner." Arianna scolded. She thrust a sketchpad in Lila's hands. "Draw it. You can design clothes you can draw this lioness!"

When she was finished, there was no mistaking what she drew. A Sphinx. The mythological beast, not the hairless cat. The human face wasn't recognizable beyond the feminine features, and Catra was concerned for Polly's childhood friend. "Lila.... Um. You know this is a Sphinx, right?"

The teacher for the art club showed up and looked around. "This it, then?" She asked in a strong British accent. "Then off we go, pile in, ladies and chaps. To Poseidon High and then to Littleton Park. Hope you all have your sketchpads. I'll explain what the subject is when we pick up the Poseidon High members of the Littleton Teen Artists' Club. Let's be off, then, shan't be late, now." The woman seemed to have a bit of singsong voice in with her accent.

(Name the instructor, please, and please let KC be part of this, and the second to see Lila's Sphinx sketch.)

Zara groaned the next morning waking up in a nest of well the details aren't important, suffice to say she was naked and covered in some nasty stuff. Looking around she shook her head and sighed "Man is this ever going to get better, I hope Catra isn't too mad at me." She gave another groan as she glanced around and then stood up taking in her appearance before shaking her head. "Welp can't go get my bike like this." She stretched and then let out a grunt as her wings exploded out of her back the impressive black wings flapping a few times before she used them to launch herself into the air. She would make a short trip home where she showered, explained what happened to her parents, and then headed back to the restaurant in a fresh pair of clothes to grab her bike.

Fortunately, she had a spare key and once she hopped on it she started right up "Sorry about you're night spent in the elements baby." She smiled and patted the side before pulling out and then making her way down the road parking in the small lot of the park. "Hopefully I'm able to find my phone and purse, thank goodness I actually had a purse last night cause if id been in pants who knows where that stuff would be. And I'm talking to myself sure sign I'm not crazy." She rolled her eyes and hopped off her bike before setting out off into the woods "Now if I was a phone where would I be?"

KC yawned as she leaned against a poll outside her school she glanced down at her bag then out at the lot. There were 4 or 5 other kids but it was too early to be bothered with talking right now. They were all heading to the park for some sketching with some kids from Oak Bridge and at the moment KC was lamenting signing up for something so early in the morning on a Saturday. After waiting several minutes the school bus finally pulled into the parking lot and the Oak Bridge teacher Mrs. Barr, she smiled and hopped on the bus. Spotting Polly she smiled and made her way towards her "What's up mermaid ready for the game hahaha." She chuckled and shook her head before glancing down at the drawing "Hey what's this." her eyes went a bit wide as she realized what it was and who it was, because while the face was unrecognizable the colors of the fur and wings were spot on.

She managed to hide her shock away before nodding
"Looks cool a sphinx right." She smiled and settled down before quickly texting Zara

Polly nodded as she pointed back to her friend Lila who was still glam fashionable, clothes wise, as she trembled from her experience, still. "She saw something in the park last night that scared her shitless, and Ari told her to sketch it. That's what she saw."

"Explain to her how lucky she was. Instead of freezing, she ran. Ran! Sure a Sphinx would likely make you answer a riddle first, then if you can't.... Chomp!" Arianna hissed, but more at Lila who's eyes seemed to grow three times their normal size before an audible gulp. "If that's what you saw!"

Polly shook her head. "I think she saw a mountain lion, and her mind just freaked on her." Polly sighed. "Still.... Running was the worse thing you could have done, Li... Seriously."

Catra just leaned back as the Art Instructor droned about the park being ideal for what she was going to have the club draw. However, it wasn't what they might be expecting.

Polly, meanwhile, just nodded at KC. She then stated quietly, "Then Chili's once we're dressed. I told the folks only about the mascot thing." She sighed. "They're insisting on a picture of me in costume." She rolled her eyes. "I said I didn't have enough to go to Chili's if Poseidon High wins, so I got my allowance. We're covered on that, too."

As soon as the bus parked in a lot just across from a large grass area, that led down to a lake one way, and into the woods another. Mrs. Barr sprung the hinted at surprise. "To-day's exercise is mythological creatures you might find in this setting. You have until noon."

"Yeah. Think I'd rather sit on the bus." Lila whimpered.

"Oi! Off you go, and get inspired!" Mrs. Barr snapped. "Unless you've some'ow become clairvoyant and drew an acceptable creature already, Ms. Draper!"

Catra took the sketchpad from KC apologizing as she did. "I think this qualifies, even though they're usually found in the desert." She showed the sketch to the club's instructor.

Polly had a brainstorm, "I planned on doing a faun. I could pose for you, for the mermaid..." She pointed down to the lake. "Let's grab two good spots down there before the others."

Catra was also headed there although the other two didn't know it yet, for her idea of a Loch Ness monster type creature.

KC looked down at it again and nodded her head before looking back up at the girls "Yea I doubt she saw this sure it was something far nastier and closer to home." She chuckled and shrugged as she glanced back down at the drawing and shook her head. Well, that explained why Zara wasn't texting her back and why the part was suddenly full of dead animals. She had stumbled upon the other girls' secret not long after she had moved here and had kept it to herself from then on occasionally talking to Zara about it or abusing it to get the way that she wanted every now and then.

She chuckled some and shook her head
"I mean without knowing what it was I think running worked out for her in the end." she smiled and nodded her head before turning her attention back to Polly. Sounds like a pretty good plan to me and trust me I'll take enough pictures for everyone hahaha." She smiled letting Catra take the pad back shaking her head at the apology as she handed it to the teacher. However, she was quickly grabbed and towed out of the bus heading towards the lake Polly already having a plan in mind "Does that mean I have to pose for the faun because I think I'd rather be a centaur if we get to choose." She chuckled to herself letting the girl pull her along down to the lake where they quickly got set up and she had her drawing pad out "Hmm lay on that big rock on your side and support your head with your fingers running through your hair."

Zara hadn't spotted the bus as she wandered around the park trying to piece together what happened last night and what she might have done. Thus she started out where she had woken up that morning and slowly worked her way back. She followed what she thought was her path occasionally finding a piece of deer or clothing or something else she really didn't want to think about. She eventually found her way to the lake and still hadn't found her purse "Son of a bitch the one night I actually use a damn purse and I lose it." She huffed and shook her head continuing to make her way around the water

Polly smirked, "I DID say 'PLANNED'; past tense." She thought about what KC had said, and as she nodded about the rock just down from them. It was partially in the water and partially not. She nodded. "Centaur would definitely be found around here, too. We'll have to go back up the slight slope to the grassy area to get the trees behind you just right." Polly kicked off her sandals and walked down towards the rock when she saw something laying in the grass, in a bit of a dip. Even the dip was in an odd place for a gentle slope. She climbed the rock and was stretching out on it while looking at the spot. "KC!" She gasped, pointing excitedly. "It's someone's purse! And it's sitting in a big cat pawprint. It's kinda big for a mountain lion...!"

Catra, meanwhile set up, not that far from them, but far enough away not to have seen the purse. She began to focus on the middle of the lake... Ignoring her surroundings. She began sketching along on her pad, looking slightly up and at Polly, before back to her own work.

As soon as KC investigates, Polly would settle down, and pose as directed, twisting her hips slightly so that she could bend her knees up enough for her bare feet, crossed at the ankles, would be in the air, asking if this was good.

KC smirked and shook her head "Yea yea planned." she chuckled letting the other girl tug her along down to the water. Once there she was let go and allowed to get her sketch pad out along with her pencils while Polly got set up on the rock. "Yea centaurs are badass and would totally be coming out of the woods to shoot down trespassers." She laughed only to pop her head up when she heard Polly's exclamation she hopped up and made her way down the slight slope.

KC wasn't the only ones attention Polly had managed to get as Zara was pacing back and forth near the lake she heard the yell followed by purse and lion. She groaned but put on a straight face as she made her way quickly over to the two girls.
"Oh hey, guys what's up? Hey that's my purse I've been looking all over for it, so I'll just take it now and leave you to whatever this is." She smiled waving her hands around to indicate what she meant before dragging her feet through the print and then moving further on down the beach towards Catra. Although she had yet to see her and was now focused on ruining any tracks she found.

KC shook her head as she watched her friend awkwardly snag her purse then shuffle away. She would have to have a talk with her later because this wasn't anything but a club activity. She sighed and pointed after her
"Best friends right haha" She gave another shrug before returning to her supplies and sitting down, she gave Polly a few moments to get ready. Nodding her head she smiled and gave her a thumbs up "Yea stay like that" She smiled and quickly started to draw

Catra, by now, was in her own little world, sketching lightly with pencil to get Lily's snout right (as she was silently naming her Littleton Park Lake monster) when she heard the voice. "Hi Zara. We're you mad at me about something I said last night? I mean you left so suddenly after leaving the money for the bill... I sent you a text this morning." She wasn't really looking out on the lake now; focussing instead on the pad and her mythological lake monster that was starting to look more like a water dragon with a western, or specifically Scottish snout, Fu Manchu mustache and all.

Polly was managing to hold her balance fairly well, using her other hand to brace herself on the rock, as she used the other to appear to prop up her head with fingers tangled in her blonde locks. She kept a decent smile on her face, not too cheesy, but not faked either, but somewhere right in the middle.

Zara let out a small gasp when she heard Catra's voice, it wasn't often she could be startled but if she was concentrating on something that was a good enough time. Such as she was at the moment working to erase the more obvious paw prints. Turning to the other girl she blushed about as red as she could before moving towards her "I am so sorry about last night. No, I'm not mad nor was I mad. A family emergency popped up and I needed to head home to take care of it. And then on the way, I lost my phone fortunately I found it again." She smiled weakly as her hand rubbed the back of her head "I really am sorry I was quite enjoying spending time with you last night." She slowly wandered up the hill towards her before plopping down next to her and leaning back on her elbows. "So what are you working on there?"

KC held her hand up using it to position Polly and get her looking just right, smiling she nodded in appreciation before she started really getting into it. Every now and then she would switch her pencils to different colors. Finally, after several minutes she smiled and gave her a thumbs up "Alright Polly I think that's good I've got the base picture down and I can fill in the details later." she smiled again as she stood up stretching "We can go up the hill so you can start drawing too." She gave her another smile as she waited for her to join her

Hopping off the rock with a slight splash, before walking over to her sandals and putting them on, and gathering her things to head back up the slope. She soon found a hearty branch and slender shaft like smaller one, and handed them to KC, "Make like you're ready to skewer the viewer with your arrow, and since I have to add the horse body? Maybe a.... Hmmm... Make it three quarter turn?" They were actually a little closer to Catra, because to get the "forest" background Polly wanted, they had to actually be closer and even with one of the trails.

Catra nodded. "Wow. That's a bummer. Did you get your bike back before six this morning, then? That was the first text last night. This morning I apologized, because I hadn't heard from you." She looked at her and then her pad. "Oh. A Loch Ness type monster, as I'm no where near as good as Lila. She's one of Polly's friends from like childhood. Nessie's one of the mythological creatures I know I can do, since it's like half underwater. I just did a different twist on her." She seemed to be working on the body and the humps, now. "Lila THINKS she saw a Sphinx last night. The mythological creature, not the nekkid cat... Though that thing would probably freak most people out. Absolutely the most butt ugly, yet cute, thing you ever saw."

KC continued to sketch filling in some lines here and there as she waited for Polly to make her way up from her rock. After a moment she was standing in front of her only now she had a big stick and a slightly smaller stick. She raised a brow before setting aside her pad and taking them from her "Ahh archer chick dope." She smiled and followed her up the hill a little ways and then moved past her so that she was standing in front of her. She took a moment to think and then nodding her head she moved her body so that her "Bow and Arrow" were pointed straight at Polly and her mouth was open in an angry yell. "Hows ish?"

Zara smiled and nodded "Thanks for the concern hun I took care of it and yea I got my bike she's parked right up there." She pointed up to the parking lot where her bike was sitting in the sun. "And there really was no reason to apologize cause it was all me." She smiled again before turning back to look at her drawing "Well it looks pretty good to me. I have no artistic skills so my opinion might not be all that relevant but I like it haha." She chuckled and raised a brow as she continued talking telling her about what her friend had seen or not seen. "Oh that's ridiculous there nothing like that around here, maybe a jackalope or catsith but nothing as big as a sphinx. She probably saw a cougar or bobcat and freaked." She smiled and shrugged before laughing "I lean more towards the ugly and way too needy."

Catra looked over to Zara. "That's what the rest of us were saying. Although I just heard Polly saying something about a print being too big for a mountain lion. Or, as you said, cougar. And Ari was right about something else. A Sphinx wouldn't turn a human into dinner, unless they can't answer a riddle. At least, that's the common belief." She seemed to be finishing up with her sketch.

Polly held a thumbs up once KC, posed and began sketching on her pad, looking up and back to the pad, even holding one of her pencils up for perspective. She worked more on the poser and position of the background, knowing she could fill in the details later. She decided to stand, like her model, for the duration of the sketch. Just as the call came that it was ten, she finished. "Okay, KC. Let's go to a picnic table close to the parking lot and fill in our details." She called cheerfully.

Zara nodded her head before shrugging "Maybe it's a cougar that was mutated somehow so now it's way bigger hmm?" She chuckled and glanced down at the sketch then back out at the water imagining the thing swimming around down there. She raised a brow at her next words "Hmm oh no that's only the Greek variety the Egyptian ones hunted what they wanted when they wanted and were feared as well as loved. Thus the statue haha." She smiled and nodded before turning back to watch her work on her drawing.

KC continued to stand there stiff as a board as she watched Polly draw her she held her pose as best she could, not wanting to ruin the other girls drawing. She was standing there for a bit watching Polly move her hand back and forth along the paper while standing and every now and then holding her hand up. After a bit longer it seemed Polly was finally done with the base drawing and just in time as she was starting to cramp. Sighing she stretched and rolled her shoulders some
"Ahh good it was getting hard to stand there." She smiled and snagged her stuff before following her to one of the tables

"Or it's grandpappy." Catra shrugged. "They're rare. Very rare. And not seen this close to civilization. You should see the size of the one down the road at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. That's a grandpappy. Big and fat. Probably would have been comparable to the print described by Polly just now as 'too big'." To Zara's remark, Catra looked up. "I thought the riddle thing was across the board. Sort of a prove your sentience, or you're lunch kinda thing. That's why there's one guarding the Valley of the Pyramids. The Minotaur in the middle of the Labyrinth is the big baddie of Greek riddlers." She was doing it to challenge her texts (and a certain cartoon and movie) on their facts. Discount the texts, and no wonder the movie and cartoon were wrong. She got up and stretched. "I'm going to head towards the bus. I have to show this to Mrs. Barr, and I'm curious if Lila's drawing was acceptable. Or if she was sent out and had to draw something else."

Polly nodded, "Yeah, I know that's a fact. It was getting to me. We're both athletes." When they got to the table, they ran into Nicholas Wells, who looked a bit on the dark Hispanic side, wearing a black tee shirt with a grey alien bust on it, over a long sleeve green shirt. "You want to use light colors, and possibly a rainbow trout like tail for your mermaid. Freshwater, you know. You get the more darker and various colors with saltwater. I know paranormal." He explained to KC. "Nicholas Wells, paranormal investigator extraordinaire." He offered a hand.

"Nic..." Polly groaned.

Nic looked at Polly then KC then back to Polly. He raised an eyebrow and smirked. "I see. So that's why we can 'only be friends'. Gotcha." He gave a wink, and sat at the far end as he caused Polly to bite her lower lip, blush positively crimson and look shyly over to KC.

Zara chuckled and nodded "They do get fairly big as they get older don't they." she laughed before shaking her head some "No it was just the Grecian one and she only got the big story with Oedipus. The Egyptian one the better one is a guardian she makes sure no one takes what is not theirs and protects the tombs of the kings. They are tasked to do this by Sakhmet. However, the minotaur is just a murderer he was put in the maze and then the king would sacrifice innocents to him." She chuckled showing off how much of a nerd she could be of course when It was family history she couldn't help it. She smiled and stood up "Well if you don't mind I'll come with you and if it's ok potentially take you out to lunch?" She smiled and blushed as she looked down at her "To make up for last night yea?"

KC stretched some and nodded her head "Its all that staying in one spot we're used to moving around." She chuckled and followed her up to one of the tables where it seemed one of Polly's friends already was. Raising a brow she glanced down at her paper and nodded her head "Good idea and I'm KC" she smiled and shook his hand before she settled down only a moment later he moved away further down the bench. Raising a brow she glanced down at him then at Polly who seemed to be blushing, wait did she like the boy and KC had just ruined a moment. Oh she was so oblivious how could she have done that of course, she had also completely missed the small convo the two had had having been concentrating on her drawing. "Oh I'm sorry did you want to hang with him? I can go somewhere else if you want to be alone." She smiled and gave her a wink still completely oblivious to the shy girl who she was probably frustrating

Catra nodded, obviously impressed, and led the way to the bus; as fate would have it, Lila and Mrs. Barr were on there, Barr in the driver's seat. Barr gave Zara the once-over and scoffed. "Not allowed to pick up strays, luv." She tutted at Catra with a wry smile. Lila's reflection in the window showed her eyes were big as saucers as is, even before seeing Zara out of Sphinx. They had had walked past Nicholas and KC (Polly had her back to them), and Nic got a good look at Zara; whether KC noticed or not wasn't known. Nic let out a thinking frown and a detective's hum.

Lila's expression didn't look like it changed much from her wide-eyed scared look she'd had on her face pretty much all morning. If there was even a subtle change, even of recognition, it wasn't prevalent to Catra or Mrs. Barr. It would still be obvious Lila had quite the scare recently and definitely didn't sleep well the night before.

Catra explained that Zara was interested in the sketch and the artist. "It's only getting a B-. The face is humanoid, but without better features.... She should be thankful I'm being lenient. Suppose you're finished then, Catra?" She handed Zara the sketch. "You think you can talk some since into the artist, then? Human face is human face. Should have put SOMEone's face there. Even if it was anime or some such. I suppose the eyes were closed. Never knew a catlike creature to roar, as suggested by the wide mouth, with eyes that closed." She looked over Catra's. "Unique. Cross between Asian and Western dragon. Very reptilian looking Nessie. Think you could have shown more of her. B." She wrote down in her notebook.

Polly flailed to stop KC from leaving, while blushing even redder (if that was possible) and practically yelped out her "No! Don't go! Please!"

Nic popped his head up and looked at Polly. "Wow. You REALLY got it bad for her, don't you?" He went back to his dryad, filling it in, shaking his head.

Zara chuckled at the teacher's words as she followed behind Katra "This strays got a home, but she was hoping to steal one of your students." As she looked around near the bus she would glance up and spot the obviously strung out girl. She raised a brow but it didn't seem like she recognized her or really saw anything at the moment the way she was acting. Looking down at the paper she mentally kicked herself because even though she hadn't drawn her face the rest was right with the color of her fur and wings. Shaking her head she smirked and shrugged up at the teacher "Don't know a thing about drawing so probably couldn't help her."

She shrugged again before glancing down at Katra's work and then letting out a small grunt "This is for a grade? I thought this was a club or something? Also isn't that the point of Nessie kind of like an iceberg there's more under the water." She nodded at her own words before standing up straight once more and turning back to Katra. "So what do you say Kitty Kat up for some lunch or do you have to do other things?"

KC had spotted Zara walking behind her and at that moment got up to follow her wanting to talk for a moment. At Polly's words she smiled and turned back around "Don't worry I'll be back in a moment need to talk to Z about something. Plus it will give you some alone time." She said the last bit while hiding her mouth and pointing to Nic with another not so subtle wink. Chuckling to herself she was an excellent matchmaker or so she thought as she walked up to Zara. Tapping her on the shoulder she ushered her off to the side so they could talk a bit more privately "Two things, one there's a game tonight which you will be at. and two."

She glanced around real quick making sure no one was watching and then hit her friend on the shoulder. "How much of an idiot are you that girl saw you it's just a good thing she didn't see your face cause the body that's all, you moron." She huffed rolling her eyes at the weak excuse Zara gave before giving her one more smack and heading back to Polly. Smiling she once more sat down across from her "So what'd I miss?"

Back
Top Bottom