Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kinks and Stuff you hate

Again not a kink, but I was scrolling Request Threads, and I have to say - "Centre Aligned Text" is so annoying :) Why don't people leave it left aligned? Please, it's much easier to read, Centre Aligned is for titles!

As far as kinks go, I often find that people hyper focus on mental or emotional humiliation, even when I'm pretty clear my interest is more about physical masochism/sadism. Having my character treated as completely subhuman is a huge off for me, even in bad-end type situations.

What's with these epic request threads I keep seeing which go on and on, have intro, likes, dislikes, kinks, yes', no's, "rules", expectations, pairings, and yet you finally finish skimming to the end and there is not a single plot on offer??!!

And what's with picking colours that are near impossible to see on the dark background of this site?

And/or making the font tiny?

“Hi I’m only looking for a partner to play a dominant older guy/black guy/vampire/furry/tentacle monster. Prefer more than one, esp gangbangs. But I only play submissive blonde white human girls age 18-22, and NO multiple characters.”

Last edited:
I have very few kinks that I'd absolutely won't do, at least with my main char. I am very much context and content oriented so there can be things I don't like but if it fits story and situation good, might still do.

And among those few I absolutely hate is pregnancy of my char or body resizing. Also hypnosis and mind control (but this can be okey for non sexual situations)

"I have no limits/my only limits is x and y."
"Okay cool so I'm looking for z."
"Oh I don't do that."

That's a limit, bitch.

If you're a male and you're comfortable playing female roles in fxf scenarios, it would be nice if request threads would say up front that they do or don't accept males playing females. I'm not trying to inflict myself on anyone for whom playing with a male player of female characters makes them uncomfortable.

If you're a male and you're comfortable playing female roles in fxf scenarios, it would be nice if request threads would say up front that they do or don't accept males playing females. I'm not trying to inflict myself on anyone for whom playing with a male player of female characters makes them uncomfortable.

Unless stated I assume they are ok with it. On another note, given we are all anonymous, how do you even know what gender your partner really is? It just adds to the oddness of someone saying they don't want to play with certain genders. You just don't know in the end anyway.

Requests that have "etc" in the limits section. To me, the message it sends is "well, anything else I really don't like must be disliked universally." I'm fine with people saying "that's not something I thought about but I don't want to do it", there's really no need to hedge here.

Stories with an overt focus on Abrahamic religious figures. I don't have any particular loyalty to Christianity or anything but for some reason, novels that try to reinvent or put their own spin on figures like Lucifer, Lilith, Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel, Gabriel, Michael, etc. make me grind my teeth. Lesser knowns like Beelzebub or newly named/original Archangels are fine. Mankind origin stories NOT about Adam, Eve, the bloody snake, and tree? Totally fine. I don't even mind your pretentious preaching about humanity and our relationships with deity, messengers, temptations, creation, and sin.

But when you use the referential names, like you're subverting expectations(you're not) or telling the "truth" of the old tales in a new way(you're not) or staying faithful to the same roles and story it's soooo trite and cringey. It's not bold to make Lucifer seem heroic or misunderstood and you're not being clever or unique to make Gabriel and Michael sin and have doubts. Shut up. Let me hear the story of lesser known angel Chandler or use one of the devils, like Paimon reinvented as King of Hell.

Stories with an overt focus on Abrahamic religious figures. I don't have any particular loyalty to Christianity or anything but for some reason, novels that try to reinvent or put their own spin on figures like Lucifer, Lilith, Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel, Gabriel, Michael, etc. make me grind my teeth. Lesser knowns like Beelzebub or newly named/original Archangels are fine. Mankind origin stories NOT about Adam, Eve, the bloody snake, and tree? Totally fine. I don't even mind your pretentious preaching about humanity and our relationships with deity, messengers, temptations, creation, and sin.

But when you use the referential names, like you're subverting expectations(you're not) or telling the "truth" of the old tales in a new way(you're not) or staying faithful to the same roles and story it's soooo trite and cringey. It's not bold to make Lucifer seem heroic or misunderstood and you're not being clever or unique to make Gabriel and Michael sin and have doubts. Shut up. Let me hear the story of lesser known angel Chandler or use one of the devils, like Paimon reinvented as King of Hell.

Abrahamic-fanfic is annoying for sure.

Not to mention that say.... 95% of these requests are just fandoms anyway?...

Not to mention that say.... 95% of these requests are just fandoms anyway?...
What? No. I was referring to books, as in novels, not role-plays. I don't know if I've ever seen an rp request where they want to retell Bible stories.

I kinda low-key hate magic school novels. All the covers look the same and it's all very high school(which I didn't enjoy enough to want to return) or very Harry Potter(they already wrote that book, guys). I'm just annoyed because looking into two of my recent favourite authors, to see more of their works, they both have done stupid "Witch's/Magic Academy" crap. I thought it was a joke at first, like, as if I'd accidentally looked at one author's stupid magic series and when going through the other author's stuff had somehow stumbled upon the previous author's list again. Nope. They both did it. 😑

You either love them or you hate them with a passion, for me it's leaning towards the later catergory why because when it comes to sexual type rps the only thing I hear is how one guy (or girl but that's rare) wants to fuck as many characters as possible with no content of a story and it's a major fuck fest, so what's that's one kink that you can't stand that one thing that you keep getting over and over again that you just makes you want to say "WHOEVER DOES THIS WITH ME AGAIN, GETS BLOCKED" well maybe not that extreme but we'll see how it goes.

One more thing, if you have already dropped a roleplay because you didn't click but all of a sudden, you did click again what would you do?
One thing that bothers me is people who are ALWAYS dom/sub. I get if something is more comfortable for you and if you're better at it, but personally, I think all RPers need to step out of their comfort zone. Especially because it gets boring to always have to play the same type of guy without much change.

I’d say one frequent thing that always makes me feel a little alienated is partners who only want to play against overly busty women/curvy women.

I’ve never been able to enjoy playing as super curvy ladies, most of my characters are either thin/wirey, or more toned and athletic. The aesthetic of really chest heavy women has never appealed to me, in art, animation, or anywhere for that matter. It's not the kink I dislike the most, but it's definitely the most abrasive in my RP career because it happens the most frequently.
Although, I am a plus chica. I understand where you are coming from. I do think inexperience writers limit their writing and creativity when they pick the Marilyn Monroe or the Hourglass figure. I understand some feel more attractive, but I think all kinds of bodies have sexy appeal. Plus, i have seen way too many animes to be attracted to one type of anime woman.

It’s a bit difficult to explain, but I really hate this what I call ‘would’ RPers. As in, in a post they write their character do or attempt to do something, but immediately after that, state another action their character would perform in case YC doesn’t like or allows the previous action. It’s not like their character do these things in order either, it’s more like giving you as a player something to choose about what happened it their post, as if it’s a multiple choice test! I believe people who are over polite do that just to be safe. I don’t know if I could describe it well, but that’s something I hate.

People who bump threads in sections other than the requests with "bump". Especially if the thread is on the first page of that sub forum/is the TOP THREAD still in that sub forum. What are you doing? Why you doing that? Stahp. Like, that's a misuse of the "bump" and just spammy. If there's nobody ahead of you, why are you bumping it? Bumping it to where? Nowhere, that's where, because it's already first and you don't make sense.

Playing in 3rd person then switching to 1st person when our characters bang just makes me feel so gross. I feel like it's an unreasonable amount of reaction of my part, but just something about it... switching into 'personal' and touching me. Naw...

Lately I have a rash of people messaging me who are not reading my req thread. The part at the top, bolder and underlined, saying “important, furry only”.

people messaging going "are you interested in x?" - is it on my F list? Have I made a thread detailing it? If not, probably not.

Close second to people linking me to their interest thread and going "I think we might get on"

Unwarranted pitches. No, not just that. If the pitch goes along with my interest? I am flattered and will consider it, what I HATE more than anything are random pitches that totally go against my F-list and my Request thread, especially when I have voiced no interest in starting another rp project in weeks to months.

When someone throws ideas at you without doing their homework on what you like, it just feels like an incredibly big ‘Fuck you’ to me. Like their interests and pleasure is more important than yours, so much so that they can’t even check your profile and do a little reading to save you the awkwardness of “That makes me uncomfortable/Is not for me, sorry I cannot write this with you. Better luck next time.”

The effort of seeing if you are compatible goes a long way, it shows you are attentive and honestly attentive and understanding partners are a priceless commodity.

Even worse? When they try to plead and coerce you into doing the idea anyway even after you explain it is outside of your comfort and interests.

There's a lot of recruiters in IT/CS that do essentially this exact thing. Just message random devs on LinkedIn who have given no indication that they're looking for a job, saying how they'd be a great fit for [position they are in no way qualified for] earning [substantially less than they currently do.]

I've even gotten a couple, despite being a student with no degrees, certifications, or field experience of any kind, lol.

I think it's the approach going wide, not deep. Throw a thousand rocks at once, and maybe one will hit something.

I am not a fan of too much build up. Once upon a time stories bore me to death. A story doesn't have to start from ground zero to be good in my opinion. I like roleplaying with something established already so its easier for me to think of how to spice it up in the future. May it be smut driven or plot driven type of rps.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before -

There's a lot of people looking to role play some form of D/s, or Dom/sub, so you'd think they might have figured this out: "Dominant" is an adjective; "Dominate" is a verb. When people go asking, "I'm a submissive, and I'd really like to find a dominate partner," I just about want to tear my hair out.

Back
Top Bottom