Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kinks and Stuff you hate

People who know what your kinks are but decide oh i'm going to change the idea that features your kink because I don't like it
look i get how pregnancy and the risk of it isn't for everyone, i've even stated that we don't have to have it, I just enjoy it...because I don't have the possiblity of having kids...

Hate might be too strong here but I don't get people who just list a series of pairings eg Student x Teacher, Mother x Son etc etc and no story lines for them. It doesn't tell me anything about the person as storylines for any pairing just varies so much. So you want to play Mother x Son? Sure, how about we do something like a Mother x Son travelling through time? Oh.. so you don't just want that pairing, you want, what? Really? Oh....

In general you need to show people you have some creative ability and also what you really want to play. Pairings alone don't tell me anything.

I have never understood why people enjoy castration or mutilation of any kind.
If you're into such violent and murderous kinks, there's gotta be something wrong with your mind, right?
Like, "kid torturing animals and growing up into a killing psychopath" type of wrong.

I have never understood why people enjoy castration or mutilation of any kind.
If you're into such violent and murderous kinks, there's gotta be something wrong with your mind, right?
Like, "kid torturing animals and growing up into a killing psychopath" type of wrong.

I haven't done a lot of those sorts of RP's but it is interesting to write. I would love to do a castration one actually! Why do people like films and stories about murder or war? We are fascinated by the dark side of life. It doesn't mean we are going to harm or kill anyone.

Being a metal head myself I guess I am a little bemused by your question given metal lyrics tend to be pretty dark!

Dixon Steele said:
I haven't done a lot of those sorts of RP's but it is interesting to write. I would love to do a castration one actually! Why do people like films and stories about murder or war? We are fascinated by the dark side of life. It doesn't mean we are going to harm or kill anyone.

Being a metal head myself I guess I am a little bemused by your question given metal lyrics tend to be pretty dark!
You've got a fair point there, while we enjoy those darker themed movies it's more of a situation of morbid human curiosity. But it's also a mind process some think of as "Glad I'm not the one being stabbed or tortured like that person."
In my mind, if I were being castrated or mutilated or fatally wounded, I'd be more worried about said problems than getting any sort of satisfaction from them.
Also, not sure what metal you listen to, the lyrics I hear are normally about the hard things in life, heartbreak, loss of a family member, very weird abstract lyrics that make no sense, etc. But maybe I'm just into basic metal...
The Goodman said:
Aye, it's one thing to say "Not my cup of tea" but to start equating fantasies and role-plays to real life maladies and proclivities is ludicrous.
You're right, but role-plays are based off kinks, fantasies, and situations that people want to see happen.
I'm not saying people into killing characters in role-plays are secretly murderers.
I was meaning that there's just something unnatural about enjoying the destruction of a human, their body parts, or their lives.
You never see another animal murder another animal for the satisfaction of it, they have purpose for it.

You're right, but role-plays are based off kinks, fantasies, and situations that people want to see happen.

This isn't necessarily true.
It's something I always have a hard time understanding, since for me, yes, most anything that happens in my roleplays is something I want in reality (and anything I don't is for the purpose of dramatic conflict).
But that doesn't mean it's the same for everybody.

I was meaning that there's just something unnatural about enjoying the destruction of a human, their body parts, or their lives.

Many people who might enjoy this in the context of fiction wouldn't enjoy it in real life.
Hence why they don't do it.

You never see another animal murder another animal for the satisfaction of it, they have purpose for it.

This isn't really true either. Many carnivores kill when they don't need to for a practical purpose. Cats, for instance.

You've got a fair point there, while we enjoy those darker themed movies it's more of a situation of morbid human curiosity. But it's also a mind process some think of as "Glad I'm not the one being stabbed or tortured like that person."
In my mind, if I were being castrated or mutilated or fatally wounded, I'd be more worried about said problems than getting any sort of satisfaction from them.
Also, not sure what metal you listen to, the lyrics I hear are normally about the hard things in life, heartbreak, loss of a family member, very weird abstract lyrics that make no sense, etc. But maybe I'm just into basic metal...

I'm not saying people into killing characters in role-plays are secretly murderers.

I don't want to see that stuff happen to anyone either. But it is still interesting. I like storyline with it though not just a montage of torture in place of sex montages which I also find boring. I once did a RP about a future world where they had a game show for criminals where they span a wheel and whatever it landed on would happen to them. There was a story behind it though and there are plenty of novels and movies about similar themes.

One of the odd if you will things I have noticed about RP'ers is many of us don't tend to even act out the more pleasant RP's we come up with let alone the extreme ones. I guess that is why we write about it in many cases?

Exploring the psychology and emotions of these extreme themes is interesting. Incest is fascinating even though I would never do that nor do I think it is a good thing even if consensual. But from a purely "what if" creative perspective it is cause for exploration.

I think it is part of human nature to want to dominant, in that sense it is very natural. I did see a doco once on tigers who were raised by humans and then set free into the jungle. They went on a killing spree taking down dozens of antelope without eating any of them. It was sport for them.

I like a lot of different types of metal and hard rock too. But here is one fave for you..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtLvlaGJJEU

Hate might be too strong here but I don't get people who just list a series of pairings eg Student x Teacher, Mother x Son etc etc and no story lines for them. It doesn't tell me anything about the person as storylines for any pairing just varies so much. So you want to play Mother x Son? Sure, how about we do something like a Mother x Son travelling through time? Oh.. so you don't just want that pairing, you want, what? Really? Oh....

In general you need to show people you have some creative ability and also what you really want to play. Pairings alone don't tell me anything.

Ooh this is a big one for me! Pairing is not plot! It's the start of a creative adventure, but can't stand on its own. Also, I tend to really dislike incest storylines in any way, even just stepfather/stepdaughter things...I guess generally since I don't play Slice of Life it doesn't usually come into play, but every now and then I get someone asking.

This is a really interesting thread, and I find myself agreeing with a lot of what's been put forward. Though I have to disagree that it's not fun to write for a character who is tied up and gagged. :p

But I think the nice thing about the internet is...no matter WHAT you are into, you'll eventually find someone who shares that exact kink!

Ooh this is a big one for me! Pairing is not plot! It's the start of a creative adventure, but can't stand on its own. Also, I tend to really dislike incest storylines in any way, even just stepfather/stepdaughter things...I guess generally since I don't play Slice of Life it doesn't usually come into play, but every now and then I get someone asking.

This is a really interesting thread, and I find myself agreeing with a lot of what's been put forward. Though I have to disagree that it's not fun to write for a character who is tied up and gagged. :p

But I think the nice thing about the internet is...no matter WHAT you are into, you'll eventually find someone who shares that exact kink!

Yep, you just know that whatever the pairings are that there will only be a passing reference to back stories and why these two people are engaging in sexual activity. And that sexual activity will be just like any other two people/creatures having sex. In the end there isn't any point. This goes triple for incest where you would think there would be some trepidation and mixed feelings. Incest by accident is fascinating for example.

I'm not opposed to incest themes but I need the story and it needs to be interesting as well as the characters discussing/exploring it in some way emotionally and psychologically.

Likewise non con and forced themes don't interest me as it seems like the dominant in the story would be calling all the shots and the victim just responding with "ahhhh ohhh no, stop... mmm" lol.

There seems to be someone for everyone though as you say!

I'm with you on this one!! I just can't get around "slice of life" stuff. And all those cliche and generic pairings are just so... plain? I also really dislike incest. 🤨

There are some types of plots I'm not really crazy about but I'll do it because I'm asked to, incest being one of them. Others like S/S (sword and sorcery), fantasy in general I could care less about. And 'furries'?....WTF?
I don't have any interest in Historical plays, fiction or otherwise so it pretty much leaves me with 'slice of life', mainly because of my real life history (see my slaves journal)

1. Can't stand people who feel the need to exaggerate their cock size or that of their character beyond reason or even realistic proportions.
2. No biting, or anything that can draw blood. Blood is not sexy.
3. I am really, really not into tom boys. The fact that in the Phillippines the word for lesbian is tomboy is gross to me.

I will never understand why some people will start a RP a few days before they know they are going to become very busy with something only to end up dropping the RP a post or two or even not respond to the first post at all.

This actually gave me a great idea for my request thread! Nobody actually clicks on it, but hey the idea's so good imma assemble it anyway.

Oh and to actually contribute to the thread, ummmmmm, people who have no chill in their req posts. You know, the people who tell you up front they're gonna time your posts and count your words and you gotta be literate (the fuck does that mean? I know grammar's cool but that shit's so awkwardly vague it makes you sound like a jackass who's never written seriously in your life) so whenever I see that I just nope out and put them on a mental "do not PM" list.

This actually gave me a great idea for my request thread! Nobody actually clicks on it, but hey the idea's so good imma assemble it anyway.

Oh and to actually contribute to the thread, ummmmmm, people who have no chill in their req posts. You know, the people who tell you up front they're gonna time your posts and count your words and you gotta be literate (the fuck does that mean? I know grammar's cool but that shit's so awkwardly vague it makes you sound like a jackass who's never written seriously in your life) so whenever I see that I just nope out and put them on a mental "do not PM" list.

I call it the "Riot Act", I understand we all have things we want and don't want. Things we like etc But they write it in such a way that it's as if there is a RP Police force that will come around and arrest you if don't comply. As you say some of the things they want are vague as well, grammar? Yeah, sure, of course you want it to make sense, but do they take in account people from non English speaking countries, people using a mobile device making typos and autocorrect fucking up spelling/assuming the wrong word?

My fave though is "Please don't ghost me/drop the RP" ummmm yeah... good luck with that one...it's going to happen and as annoying as it is you can't do a damn thing about it. So don't clutter your Request thread with silly stuff.

That's a good one. 👍

As silly as they can sometimes get(like the "don't ghost/don't drop" thing; that's assumed, yes. Who wants to be ghosted?) What actually gets me is how unlikable and bitter someone can come across in just a few seconds through the use of red font and capslock bullet point rules. I get it. Folks are frustrated and exhausted after so many times failing but at that point, if your disdain for the messy potential of casual partner writing is jumping off the page? Might be time for a step back, regain perspective.

It doesn't set a good precedent to carry with you all the baggage of failed projects and broken partnerships into NEW ones. I wonder the success rate of that. Does it work? Do they still get new messages? Because to me, yeah, it looks really unapproachable.

I doubt it works at all. As someone else mentioned somewhere on this forum, it's like a dating site. Ever seen the profiles that say "Don't message me for sex/I want long term, marriage/must be x, must not be y, etc etc?" Some of these profiles practically have a template that you fill out in order to message them in accordance with their wishes!

I bet they still get the "wanna fuck" messages, I bet they don't get a single proposal because before you can get to marriage you actually have to attract people and talk to them.

As you say they just put people off.

Edit:Just saw a good one on another site. She says on her RT "Don't flirt with me" among other things. Ok, some people may use this to flirt I guess, but assuming everyone will and issuing a blanket warning is not a good look.

Last edited:
Beyond the usual trio of scat/guro/loli: Bimbofication.

Never understood it, would never want it. Don't get the appeal of deliberately reducing yourself/someone else to the personality and intelligence of a cardboard box. Hate the look too.

My fave though is "Please don't ghost me/drop the RP" ummmm yeah... good luck with that one...it's going to happen and as annoying as it is you can't do a damn thing about it. So don't clutter your Request thread with silly stuff.

This is annoying indeed, everytime somebody complains that they are gosted, I want to quote a joke - "If everyone around you is arsehole to you…maybe it's because you are an arsehole?". When some body is ignored so many times, I have to wonder if it's something they do.

But yeah, not really a kink, and don't really hate it, just mildly annoyed from time to time :)

I don’t hate it but I find it extremely annoying when people say ‘I have a dumb noobie question. Oh it’s so dumb, I’m so embarrassed to ask. I know I’m so stupid.’ Just ask the question! If it’s dumb, it’s dumb. Who cares? Just ask!

Ehm do they ask you in a same post? Is it like:

I know it's a stupid question…but do you like bananas?

Or do the just say:

I have this silly question

And then nothing, forcing you to ask "what?".

If it's a second one - these people deserve their special hell![/quote][/quote]

I don’t hate it but I find it extremely annoying when people say ‘I have a dumb noobie question. Oh it’s so dumb, I’m so embarrassed to ask. I know I’m so stupid.’ Just ask the question! If it’s dumb, it’s dumb. Who cares? Just ask!

I kind of understand why they do it that way though. They have probably been on forums where they have seen or experienced people trolling one another just because a simple question was asked. So they develop their own coping mechanism like "Ok. You will no doubt call me stupid but HA! I am beating you to it, I'm stupid, now answer my question!"

This is a rather specific one, but it seems really weird when people ask you to rp a canon character who is an amazing genius, like Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds, or Sherlock Holmes from Sherlock. I mean, these are total geniuses with eidetic memories who can call up detailed facts and deductions from thin air. Of course, these characters have legions of writers/researchers to come up with all these observations while the actors seem to pluck them in a split second. I mean, the best I ever managed was to play House in an rp once, having to come up with sarcastic quips in every post.

Back
Top Bottom