Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

GuardianAngel-Twist and shout-Fluffy

Blaire was climbing up into the helijumper so that they could get going out of that place as well. Once on the helijumper she was just settling back against the seat, gazing out upon the area around them after she was closing the door. She was just looking towards the others for a brief moment before she was mumbling that this had definitely been eventful. Definitely not what she had been anticipating happening whatsoever.

The flight quicker then the walk, they told the castle guard to expect the bovine royalty and so new gator residents. For the time being any way...
But this crew needed to get home; yes they waited for Justin to come with the convoy but were off with Doc giving Aribellae a nose kiss and a door slid tight for them.

All the while, Matt was taking a brunt of a verbal beating from their commander- having been gone Far Far too long with out check in. Not like the demon was paying any attention as he was zoning out as he stood; head bobbing forward then shooting back to attention. He had been here a LONG time, this stuff didnt really bother him any more.

They had gotten back to the base and it seemed like the commander was just giving them all a verbal beating, although Matt seemed to be taking the brunt of it. Blaire on the other hand was just standing with her hands crossed behind her head, not really saying anything at all. They had technically reported in after the last mission. Man how she wanted to do what her father would have done all the time, and actually spoke back. Like father like daughter in the end it seemed.

"Commander. Not to be technical but... we had checked in after the last mission. We had informed you that we returned, and that the job was done. Nothing new had been assigned to us. So what we do on our own time, when we have nothing assigned to us... well that is our own decision. We do not need to be checking in when it comes to that." Blaire spoke after a moment in time, her voice rather bored and bland. Oh yes she was definitely like her father. Although a little less.... cursing. Her father would have inserted a couple of curse words, she on the other hand had decided against that.

And now that they were back at the base, they were basically free to do whatever they wanted. And it wasn't long before she was actually turning to walk away from where the group was at. Nope now that they were back, she was going to return to her room to drop off the stuff that she had with her. Perhaps clean her gun while she was at it, then she was going to take a shower, or bath, or something. Who knew at that point in time.

While the 'team' checked in, Matt had not- seeing as he was in such a weakened state... then took off with their sniper in to his own realm.... then all the way to Aribellae's lands.......On top of using property with out authorization... No This was just punishment for some 'thing' that didnt follow the normal laws here.
But the older man said nothing to the males retaliation; letting him leave the yard.

The demons punishment for this was not to leave the base... not on days off and none of his plush pillow collection in his den. He was stuck on a cold cot in a supply room. THAT got his attention. And while he wanted to speak up too, he watched the team go back out to their rooms and he was left in the training yard.
Ok... No plush things got him irritated.......

"So.... When are you and the princess making your announcement??" One of the twins sang out to the bulls face as they got a confused look.....
"What are you jabbering on about???"
"Your...." "Wait, you couldn't tell??? Dont tell him bro, let Bella tell him first!" They hopped over his face, past Winters room with gleeful squeaks.

Blaire was just peering out of her room to listen to what the twins had to say, just blinking for a brief moment. Man oh man what the hell were they even talking about at that point in time. "Sometimes.... I have to wonder the sanity level of this team...." she mumbled to herself but there was a faint smile on her lips as she turned away, closing the door behind her.

No she didn't want to lose this team though. It felt more like family than the few other teams that she had been on. She was going over to kneel by the bed before she was reaching under it to pull out a box, which she was opening up. Inside of it was a picture of her father, and his pins. Something that she had been given after his death.

She was just touching them gently before she was sitting on the floor, just gazing up at the sky.

"Dad.... I hope.... I'm doing the right thing. I feel like... I'm betraying them by not telling them the truth." Blaire mumbled as she just took out the picture, although there was a brief moment where something else caught her attention. Oh hey the letter that had been left for her, that she hadn't read.

~It spilled through..... The sanity meter for this team was rated 3........ of 100.....~ Matt whispered through the long range connection he was glad that the doctor insisted on installing. ~Sorry... I'll shut out again if need be....~ His nose was right at 'her' mental door, seeing nothing but 'her' minds control panel from behind.... He wanted to enter so badly- to learn about his new soldier and why he was so tightly lipped about things.... Maybe he was used to the low sanity of this team to think that a normal human would give up their secrets to him so fast.
He might have been joking about the number, he knew sarcasm, who knew.... but the demon never truly liked liars even if he made some.

Blaire could hear Matt although she was just giving a faint chuckle as she leaned her head back against her bed, just holding the picture to her chest at that point in time. ~It was meant as sarcasm. This team.... it is chaotic at times. Never a dull moment but... it makes it more homely I suppose.~ she was commenting with a mental shrug. No she wasn't going to let him into her mind, there were things that she really didn't want him knowing about, especially about her being female. Nope she really didn't want that being revealed quite yet.

~Right..... I knew that.... maybe....~ the beast backed away from the cracked door, paced his palace of connected mind doors- stopping to listen in on some juicy private thoughts some one he connected to long ago was having.... then returned to his. The boys door stood out In here; the only one majorly closed. He obeyed the command to stay out but it was just too boring in his own mind now...... the twins were a wide broadcast; Doc wanted to call, not call, call, not call his princess... Alec.......
Oh boy, Alec.... The fox was a blown up mess in here as he was destroying things left and right; something wasn't well......
~Before I go to Doc, can you try talking to Alec? He's......... not good.~ he asked at the door, urgent tone as nose hit through the crack. Only to Winters he felt the need to ask. The rest were found to be.... rough.

Blaire was just listening to everything that was going on before she was listening to what Matt had to say about Alec. This had her getting to her feet and she was pulling a sweater on, not really wanting to retie the breast binder that she had taken off intentionally. The sweater was baggy enough that it didn't reveal anything at all, thankfully. Soon enough she was pushing open the door before she spoke, "Yeah I can go and talk to him."

After that was stated she was walking down the hallway to Alec's room where she was tapping on the fox's door. "Alec, it is Blaire. Can I come in?" she questioned in a low voice. No she could hear the noise from there, which told her that something was definitely up.

"What do you want!?" The normally super friend fox slammed open his door to snap out his words to his sniper.
They all forgot!- no, he didnt think Blaire would care but they all forgot!!!! His room was a mess, things had been flung off his shelves, a flickering bulb on the floor with broken glass shade.
His birthday, he always got at least one happy birthday from SOMEBODY here at base, but not even Caroline had told him happy birthday.... Nor the mind reader demon! Not one person on this base had said anything about it!!!

In the end, Blaire was actually just walking into the room, and closing the door behind her. Who knew that the human was actually quite good at lockpicking, not that it was something that she would openly admit too. "Man did you make a mess of the room." she spoke in a casual voice as she leaned against the door, just studying the male that was standing there.
He looked depressed and upset about something, which had her a bit confused. She herself had no idea that it was his birthday, actually she didn't even know when any of their birthdays were. Probably something to look into and commit to memory.
"Alec. What's wrong? Usually you are so cheerful yet now you just seem... depressed and upset." Blaire spoke, confusion in her voice. But hey she was there to speak to him, to find out what was wrong. That had to count for something. Right?
While she wanted to go over and give him a hug, she really didn't feel like that was the best idea. That would definitely give herself away, not that she thought the fox would say anything, and that was walking over broken glass. But in the end... she was deciding to go and give him a hug anyways.
Hugs made everybody feel better. "Hugs make everybody feel better. You would shocked at how confused the men on my father's squadron would get when he would randomly give them hugs. When they were sad, in pain, it didn't matter. Hugs help. But talking helps as well. So why don't you tell me what is bothering you, and I'll try to help." Blaire spoke in a gentle voice.

A set of sharp little teeth snapped in her direction as he bounced off the floor and on to his bed. ~MY BIRTHDAY!~ He snarled again, but it faded until he was panting in silence. He was angry and upset; The receptionist didnt remember, his 'girlfriend' didnt..... ~Why was I forgotten?! I heard other people get happy birthdays.... but no one remembered mine!!!!!!!~ fur bristled again as he tore at his blanket. ~Im not asking for gifts! Just a greeting!!!!~ if a fox could cry other then his whimpers he would.

Oh! that's what it was?? Spines flattened to his head as Matt heard the pleading little red thing.... and he got chewed out for being missing and going off base instead of a happy birthday... No wonder! There had been nothing to remind him of months... no monthly message of birthdays went out...... He normally would have told the little guy!

Blaire just looked towards the fox for a moment in time before she was going over to the bed and actually picking up the tiny red creature. Nope if he scratched or bit her, then so be it. She was just stroking his head gently before she spoke in a soft voice, "I can't say anything for the others personally. But I can apologize for myself. I didn't know, but despite that now that I know. I can be the first to wish you a happy birthday." There wasn't much more that she really could so, just holding the creature to herself at that point in time.
There was a few thoughts going through her mind before she spoke, "Well since we don't have anything else going on.... and I've always been about breaking rules, and rueing the consequences later. Why don't we sneak out and go do something for your birthday."

The fox barely moved a paw as the kid picked him up to give him a full hug.... There were some... interesting feelings on his back but he didnt say a thing about it. The he got it- his first and probably only birthday he'd get today... maybe...... And who was he to follow rules?
A silent head bob as he tucked chin on Winter's elbow, and he liked this, a Birthday hug had calmed him down; enough to see the mess he made.... ~Think I can get a new lamp tonight or is that too much of a long shot? We can always 'borrow it' from a desk in the library...~

Blaire was giving a small chuckle as she listened to Alec before she spoke, "If a new lamp is what you want to get, then we'll get that. Now why don't you change, I'm going to go grab some shoes.... and lets get out of here." With that she was scratching the fox's ears gently before she was putting him back down on his bed. "I hope that I at least helped cheer you up, even if only a little bit. Trust me.... I know the feeling." she spoke in a gentle voice although she didn't say anything more.
Honestly if one actually looked into her information, the day that her birthday fell on, was the same day that her father had been killed in battle. That had been her birthday present, learning of his death. But she was pretty good about not talking about it. She was getting to her feet before she spoke, "I'll be back in a few minutes then, and we can head out." With that she was turning and making her way out of the room, carefully to avoid stepping on glass, before she was disappearing out into the hallway.

----
Birthday came and went and the fox was back...
".........So Thats why I can find things easier in fox form rather than human." he finished off telling the crew after some long discussion about why animal sides smell better if they were the same person in either form..
The demon and bull alike rolled their eyes as the twins laughed. "Just because your nose is messed up like that shouldn't mean its for use all..." One chimed in and slapped his brothers hand as they dodged a head swipe from the blonde male.

This mission.... Though they should be shutting up, they didnt care. It was out in east Ja-bip land on some crazy named mountain.... Some locals were reporting in about the un likable acts that were scaring them; and as citizen protectors, the A.S. Army sent a squad of their best..... That meant them.... the crazy Team Q. But they were damn good at their job. First thing first was to get to the first reporting place, Doc at the helm as they arrived.
"ASA here to service, can you please explain your report?" he told the cowering woman; hiding in this small homestead. Polite about it though.

Blaire was glad that Alec was back to his cheerful self after they had gone out for his birthday. Had they gotten into a little trouble for sneaking out after curfew. Just a little bit although Blaire hadn't been overly fazed by being scolded, actually she had spent more time mimicking the man whenever he had his back to him. In the end it was pushed off to the side, unimportant.

A few months had gone by since that, and it appeared that they had another mission. Evidently this was to go out to some crazy named mountain to deal with some... well crazy people by the sounds of it. Unlikable acts were being committed, citizens were scared, and so they had been sent in. Although Blaire wasn't quite sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing that Team Q had been sent in.

Once they had arrived and they went to speak to people about it, the woman that they had come upon seemed very nervous about it. Scared actually. "Those people.... they kidnap the woman from our village. Take them away. Trying to find their goddess. The one that will save them from the dangers to come. Not sure what they are on about but... Either way. Some of the woman come back and they are scarred, scared of everything. Others... we never seen them again." the woman spoke after a moment in time, her voice frightened.

She had yet to become one of those victims but she had watched her own sister be taken away. And then she was commenting that a lot of the young men went missing as well. They were never seen again either. Nobody knew what happened to them, but there were some that thought they were being sacrificed or something. Those that had returned, refused to speak about what happened to them. Actually it was almost as though they couldn't speak about it. Every time they tried to speak about it, it was almost as if they just lost their voice, as though under some kind of magic spell or something.

Well that explained why Team Q had been sent in. Man Blaire so wasn't looking forward to this at all.

~Oh, bad souls to eat!~ Matt chirped like a happy bird, spines under his magic quivering in delight. ~I DO get to eat them, Right Doc?~ he questioned like a pining dog; leaning on Blaire shoulder though- like she was the actual one to tell him yes.
"Thank you for reporting this miss; Would you like to be informed upon information being found out or just head home upon completion?" Doc ignored the demon for now as his attention was still on the young lady before him.

~So we need a lady.....~ Todd chimed in and he, the twins and Alec all pointed to Blaire. ~We chose him.~ Was a chorus that had Matt growling. ~Just because he played it off well at that ONE gala, doesn't mean you can use him again like that!~
Though, With what the twins and Doc knew; maybe Alec if he caught on; they had a good reason to point at Winters- he WAS a she.

Blaire was just listening to the story before she was glancing towards Matt when he was asking if he could eat the bad souls. Well that question seemed to be directed towards Doc, although personally she had no issue with it whatsoever. But she wasn't going to state anything at that point in time. That would be determined when they actually arrived. Who knew if the souls were actually bad or anything. For all they knew, it could be humans that were possessed by something and unable to control their actions.

"If you would please inform me... that would be great. I want to know what has been happening to our people." the young woman spoke after a moment in time before she was giving a small bow towards them. Although she was very curious about the conversation at hand, especially when a number of the guys were pointing towards one of them, who just a bit confused at first.

Blaire was just mumbling something in her mind but she was giving into what they had suggested. She was looking towards the young woman before she spoke, "There is something you could help us with though. Since you are a civilian we aren't going to get you involved, so one of us needs to pretend to be a woman. If you have some clothes we could borrow." This had the young woman nodding before she was inquiring who was going to end up doing that which had Blaire just raising her hand before she was commenting, "I can do it."

After that she was actually following after the young woman into her house. ~I hope you realize... this is probably going to turn out very bad.... Gut feeling this is going to turn out very bad.~ Blaire was whispering, although this was only being broadcasted to Doc and the twins at that point in time, since they knew the truth.

Claws shook in the dirt as Winters left his line of sight but Matt did nothing about following him; getting a pat on the nose from the bull. ~Take Alec with you. Scout a mile ahead and find us a decent place to camp. Always be a mile ahead... and dont listen to what I need to tall Blaire.~ Doc told the demon; whose spines rose in confusion bu he nodded and stubbornly went away from the boy's mental door. ~Come on fluffbutt, scouting time...~ most of what else he said faded out only to the fox as they got out of private mental range.

~Really? Like any guy trying to be a girl... who is actually a girl being a guy is turning out so well right now.... now we add this.~ One of the twins said as he peeked in through the slightly ajar front door- no girl in sight... must be a different room in there some where.
~Dont forget, you pointed her out too. Could have chosen yourself.~
~Not nearly convincing in long term situations...... fast looks in dresses is all we got Doc..... Where did Todd go???~ the other twin piped up but merely scowled at the panther as he crept around the side of the house. ~Watch that woman windows, Blaire.... Perv cat on prowl.~
~If you dont want to do this, Blaire, you really dont... we can think of another route to take to get info.~

Blaire had followed after the woman to borrow a change of clothes, and get changed. Yeah she had already been anticipating Todd prowling around, and was getting all of the curtains closed so that he couldn't look into the room. The fact that the twins referred to the panther as a perv cat was kind of entertaining.

The fact that they were concerned about her as well was rather touching. ~It is fine, I can do this. This is the fastest route anyways. The fastest way to get information. The sooner we can get the intel, the better. For everybody. And even if did decide to do something else, I would still take this route.~ Soon enough she was changed into a dress that the woman had given her. A bit tight fitting in the chest region, but that didn't matter too much to her. The bra that woman had given her to "stuff" was a bit too small as well, but beggers couldn't be choosers at that point in time.

It didn't take her long to walk out of the room, wearing the new outfit, and putting on a random wig that the woman had. An old Halloween wig that her daughter had used last year. So it worked out possibly. The hair was down a little past her shoulders. Man was this thing itchy, but how she missed her long hair.

"The fact that some men can pull off being a female so flawlessly." the woman was commenting to Blaire as they walked out, although the only thing that Blaire didn't change were her combat boots. At the time anyways. But thankfully the dress was pretty long, and you could only see a bit of the boots.

Doc only sighed at the woman answer, a hand scratching his head. He watched the twins fawn over the 'girl' as if it were a new thing to them. They were playing it well though for the girl. "Thank you for your assistance madam. We will inform you upon our return back down the mountain."
~Did you find a spot boys?~
~Not yet, we dont like the lay of the land a mile up- sparce and wet.~
Alec spoke in all their minds. ~We stopped at a mile, get up here and we will keep searching.~
Obeying what Doc had said, Matt was still keeping out of the team link, sitting at Alecs door instead, but watching Winters. He was shocked back to awareness when Alec's nose hit his side. ~Quit staring at it and go in. I bet what you want isn't there though.~
How wrong little fox....

The twins had continued up the hill after a minute, pestering the panther in to a game of chase. Keep him away from actual lady Blair. They didnt need the gushy one sided love talk.... though Winters whacking him on the face would have been nice.

Blaire was just smiling towards the guys for a moment in time before she spoke, easily adapting to having a female voice, "Have a safe trip." With that she was watching as the guys were heading off, although she didn't follow after them at that point in time. Nope she was going to remain there for the time being. The guys didn't need her at the time, and this allowed her to go around and gather more information, talking to some of the other ladies that were there. Try to find out when most of the ladies had gone missing.

It wasn’t long for the rest of the crew to catch up to the demon and the fox whom promptly left again to search for a better spot. They were right, it was extremely wet up here in the mountains despite having no rain for a while; said the reports; nor was there an underground stream.... what was... extremely odd though was it was deathly quiet in this section of the woods. Past the woman’s house was fine but a mile away- nothing.
The crew didn’t dare speak other then the occasional mile out report- even the twins stayed quiet and followed with careful steps in the trees.

Blaire just went around and gathered what information she could about what was going on. She was even attempting to figure out what exactly whoever was looking for when they were taking the woman. Were they just being grabbed at random? Or was there something in particular they were looking for. Although by the sounds of it, everybody that had been taken were on the younger end of the spectrum. "I hope that your team is good at what they do... I'm fearful for you if you end up getting snatched as well." the woman spoke to Blaire, which had her looking over before she was giving a light smile. After that Blaire spoke, "I am nervous yes, but I am not worried."

Back
Top Bottom