Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Through the Veil (citizenanon x shani)

"They're muggle painkillers called aspirin." Sirius expained. "Kind of like a potion in a pill form. They're slower to act, but will get rid of most of your aches and your headache by the time you get out of the shower." He watched her curiously. Did she always sleep in the nude? Why had she not conjured herself some clothing in the night" "When you get out, I'll have something clean set out for you to wear. Can't go around naked all the time, you know." Sirius winked. "No matter how attractive you might be."

Sirius nodded down the hall. "Shower is that way when you're ready. As for me, I'm feeling just fine. Yours was not the first Cruciatus that I had been put under and yours was still a bit under powered. It's painful, yes, but not fueled by the same hatred that your elder version was capable of. Given time, I'm sure you could get to that point if it is something you wished to do."

Bellarix looked at them her lip quivered they were muggle products, she didn't want them...they were beneath her but she needed something for the pain she felt. Bella reached her hand over to grab the pills swallowing them. Bellatrix often slept in a night dress but after last night that was one of the least things on her mind. Not having touched her wand drained of energy and not feeling well from being cursed. Rolling her eyes, with him calling her attractive "Shut up Sirius..." shaking her head gently, wrapping the sheet tighter around herself.

Watching where his head pointed to, seeing where the shower was. "Sounds like I was powerful in the future, if I could cause such pain...I guess I had a lot of hate for whatever reason..." She said not knowing of all the things that she would have gone through if the future wasn't changing.

"You are powerful now, but you are much... more ruthless in the future." Sirius nodded. "I imagine years of being tortured and hunted before being put into Azkaban for a decade is enough to bring that hatred up full force." Sirius shrugged. "I'm not sorry to say that I've put a stop to that. Or at least am trying to ensure that you are not taken to Azkaban."

When she had gone, Sirius set out some clothes for her. He did not know her exact size so she would have to adjust them herself. While she was showering, he set about cooking eggs, bacon, and toast for breakfast. It was cooked the muggle way, but cleaned up with magic. Easy.

He even set out orange juice for her. It was far different from pumpkin juice, but it was not like he could go out and buy any right now. Soon enough, the food was set out and waiting for her to finish showering.

Listening to him Bellarix liked being powerful, the maic that coursed through her viens she enjoyed every minute of it. Listening to him tell her bits about the woman she became. "Yeah...that would probably do it...Yeah I'd really rather not end up in Azkaban...it scares me..." Bellatrix replied not wanting to end up in there. Then again thinking many don't live that long in Azkaban and to think she survived and ended up escaping Azkaban was pretty cool.

Bellatrix carefully got up with the sheet wrapped around her body walking slowly to the bathroom to shower. Her head and body still hurt waiting for the pills to kick in. Dropping the sheet once in the bathroom with the door closed Turning the waer on she stepped into the shower washing her body and her raven curls. The warm water relaxing her tense muscles. Once finshed she turned the water off drying herself in a towel wrapping it around her body and her hair. Bellatrix made it back to the room she was staying in. Seeing the clothes she changed into them, having to adjust them seeing as they were too loose on her. Also summoning a corset having grown so used to wearing one. Her black dress was form fitting, a black corset hugging her waist, arm warmers tha laced up her arms and a pair of heeled boots, of course her undergarments. Once dressed she flicked her wand drying her hair and styling it have to small braids in the front wrapping around her head like a crown letting the rest of her curls fall free. Smelling food Bella walked out tucking her wand away meeting him in the kitchen area."What smells good?"

"Just a bit of breakfast I whipped up." Sirius pointed to her plate. It sat there underneath a warming spell to keep it fresh. Sirius had a cup of tea with his own plate at the ready. "Feeling better? You look like a new woman." Of course, she had been naked just a few short moments before, so any change was a big change. Sirius removed the charm so that she could eat. "You should take it easy for the rest of the day and give yourself time to recover fully from the spell. It's rather nice outside right now and the wards extend as far as the fence in all directions, so if you would like to relax outside, you may." Sirius sipped at his tea. "I'm certain you do not like being held prisoner here, but until I'm sure you won't run off and do something silly like reporting back to Tom, that's the way it is. I want to trust you here, but I'm not there yet."

"Well, it smells wonderful." She replied moving to sit when he pointed to her plate. Looking at him when he asked if she was feeling better, "A little, I'm not in crippling pain..." Bella replied she had only been naked because he had removed her clothes and she was too drawn and distracted by pain to think about replacing them. Bellatrix began to play with the food on her plate a little before eatting, just something she often did. "It's not like I had any other plans...seeing as my wedding will be canceled and I've been kiddnapped from Tom...For my own good I'm sure but it rather free's up my day." Bella shrugged a little nodding her head when he said she could go outside, reaching for her cup, it looked odd, it was a different color compaired to pumpkin juice, it also had more of a citurs smell. Taking sip Bella's face contorted slightly never drinking anything like it before. Puttng it back down, not wanting to be rude. Wiping her mouth with a napkin, "Sirius whats in the glass? What kind of juice is it?" Questioned Bellatrix who began to eat her breakfast. "I'm certian most people don't like being held prisoner, I'm not thrilled with the idea." Bella concluded she would be there awhile seeing as she was a loyal Death Eater, and needed to return to Tom, it didn't help Bella was smitten by him compaired to her fiance. "Understandable..."

"It's orange juice, Bellatrix. It's a muggle drink from America from what I understand." Sirius sipped his tea. "It's good once you get over the initial shock of it all. Goes especially well with breakfast foods and alcohol."

Sirius looked past her and through the window. It was a nice day. The sun was out and h could see the effects of a breeze on the trees.

"I'm going into Diagon today. Do you require anything?" Sirius wanted to see what the exchange rate between muggle pounds to galleons. He was certain that the coins were worth more in the muggle world than in the magical one. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to continue to exchange them. "I'll bring you some paper to write a note to your family to inform them of your captivity and that you're alive. That will help calm your sisters I'm sure. At the same time, if you need anything from home, I'll be making a trip tonight."

Looking at the glass again, it had shocked her not expecting orange juice thinking it was pumpkin. "It's odd..." She replied. She wasn't a big fan of it. Although she continued to drink it not wanting it to go to waste. Turning her attention to her breakfast again, eating what he prepared for her. The meal was very good enjoying it, but then again her diet had been restricted lately because of the wedding, so this was a treat.

Thinking about it not sure if she needed anything from Diagon ally, then again she didn't know how long she would be a "captive" for. "No I don't think so, maybe better juice..." She suggested seeing that the other wasn't the greatest. "Yes I'm sure that would be a good idea to inform them I'm alive ...Oh goodness I'm sure Cissy if having a break down..." She said sort of forgeting though she was safe her family didn't know that. "Can you grab a few outfits including my pj's and my hair care products?"

"I'll see what I can do. It'll help to leave a message to the family and give them the idea that there's a third player on the field." Having her room essentially stripped bare would show how easy it was for him to sneak into the house, but they could not protect themselves from him. Sirius finished his tea and magic'd his dishes clean before standing up to leave. "Have a relaxing day, Bella. There's food in the cooler if you get hungry before I get back." Sirius bowed slightly and disappeared off to Diagon Alley.

Sirius moved through the alley among the people. He enjoyed the freedom of movement as he approached the bank. There, it was as he expected and he was able to recover more galleons for his money than he had initially invested. This meant they would not have to worry about cash so long as they spent responsibly. Sirius grabbed a bit of pumpkin juice and put a stasis charm on it before hitting the bookstore in search of information about the dark mark spell. He would try Diagon before going down Nocturn in search of the information.

Bellatrix nodded her head it would be more realistic if a note was give to her family anyway. Watching him get up as he was abut to leave her at the house alone. Nodding her head to his relaxing day comment and the information about there being food in the cooler. "Happy hunting or whatever you're doing today. Left there alone Bellatrix finished her breakfast and cleaned her dishes/ She wandered around the house looking it over not having seen much of it with being tired up and all.

Bellatrix walked outside into the warm sunny day. Walking around the grounds of the house just enjoying the walk. Although she was rather lonely now wondering how she had survived Azkaban being alone in a cell for 14 or so years. Well she hadn't but Sirius told her her future self had. Conjuring a chair, Bella reclined resting under a tree.

Sirius had been forced to enter the darker alley in search of his book and in one off chance, he located exactly what he was looking for. Of course, he had threatened the book dealer quite a bit just to see it and had even cursed the man a bit when he refused to sell it. Nothing permanent or particularly damaging, but soon Sirius had his copy of "Curses of Control" in his pocket. There seemed to be a simple spell to apply the mark, but a ritual would need to be devised to undo it.

There was a lot of studying and work to do to get even that far.

It was a good thing he had taken Arithmancy before. On his way out, Sirius picked up a few Arithmancy books to ensure his knowledge was complete before apparating back out into the muggle world to exchange more coins and wait until it was safe to visit the Black home.

It was dark when Sirius apparated into the Black family home. He could still hear people downstairs, but he cared little and made his way stealthily towards Bellatrix's room. He had a bag to store everything in and wanted to be in and out of her room quickly. He would spell the note he had written to appear on the table during their evening meal.

Sirius was able to make short work of collecting her belongings. Magic made life easier and soon the whole room was bare. Books, clothes, belongings, everything was in the bag. When he left, the letter dropped to the table below.

Hello family Black,

Long have I watched the decline of this once proud house. You all bow to a pretender. This self-titled Lord Voldemort is none other than Tom Marvolo Riddle, a half-blood. His mother, a near squib in her own right, used a love potion on a muggle to ensnare his body, but not his mind. He abandoned mother and child when he could.

Unlike him, I do not abandon my children. I have taken Bellatrix. She is mine and I will do with her as I see fit. She is safe, but will not bow down to such a half-blood as you lot are doing.

One day, I will see the Black family back to it's original grace and power. That day is not today. Shame on you all.

- The Grim​

Sirius arrived in the dining room of his small cottage and had a look around to find Bellatrix so that he could return her belongings.

Bellatrix grew bored with nothing to do, and no one to talk to. She sat there watching the wild life as it passed her by. Her head ache returned to her although it was peaceful, the muggle pills didn't last very long. Closing her eyes Bellatrix drifted to a meditative sleep like state in the warm sun, a gentle breeze moving through the trees caressing her gently. Bella was unaware that Sirius had returned with all of her personal belongings. Not knowing how much time had passed since she went outside. Several hours would have had to have passed for him to accomplish all he set out to do while she lounged and rested outside. Feeling a bit chilly Bella awoke to darkness to the stars and the moon high in the sky, she had slept all day no doubt because of the curse she had been hit with the day before. Getting up she stretched and made her way back inside the smaller cottage. Seeing Sirius in the dinning room when she walked in, rubbing her arms. "Oh, how long have you been back?" She asked shutting the door behind her.

"Just got back in." Sirius said and cast an eye over Bellatrix. He passed the bag to her. "Your stuff is shrunk in here. The room that you're in will be yours. Feel free to decorate as you please. Go on and I'll put some dinner together for us." It did not look like she had been in here during the day. The room was just as he left it. "Oh." Sirius reached into his pocked and slipped a potion from it. "This will help with any lingering pain. I slipped it from the supply at Grimmauld Place, so it should be good. Now, go on."

Sirius turned back to the kitchen to begin to put something together for dinner. Roasted vegetables and some chicken was easy and he had the ingredients for it. Afterwards, he would begin his research and give Bellatrix a task to do.

"Oh..." She murmered taking the bag from him as he gave it looking at it. "You cleaned out my entire room..? Why? You said once I could be trusted I could go back home?" Bellatrix asked him not understanding she asked for a few basic things. She was taken a back by having her whole room handed to her in a bag. Bellatrix bit her tongue taking the potion and went to 'her' room, part of her wanted to fight for dominance but she also didn't want to start anything either. He was giving her orders who did he think he was? Tossing the bag on the bed sitting on the edge drinking the potion.

Opening the bag waving her wand the contents of the bag, rearranged her things and placed them through out the room. Looking at everything it was strange in this setting. Seeing a photo of her and her sisters having fun laughing. She missed Andromeda and Narcissa Hoping the two were alright.

Sirius shook his head. She still did not quite get it, but she would. When she had gone, he went to the kitchen and began their dinner. Soon, delicious smells filled the small cottage and he hoped it would draw her out. There was more to discuss if she thought she would be leaving so soon.

When the food was done, he plated it and set it out. "Come on out, Bellatrix." He called and set out butterbeer for her while pouring himself a bit of coffee since he had a long night ahead. He preferred tea to the more bitter drink but he had a lot of work to do tonight and this promised to be a long discussion with Bellatrix.

Bellatrix was able to smell dinner, feeling her stomach growl, from not eatting earlier. Still looking at her sister's portraits They had never been broken up before and it killed her. Bellatrix was supposed to be keeping them all safe and here she was stuck in the middle of no where, unable to do anything to help her family.

Bella set the photo down and made her way out of the bedroom. "Yes?" She asked wondering what he wanted. Seeing dinner sitting there, it smelt so good. Moving to the chair she sat down joining him at the table.

"Dinner is ready and I picked up something other than orange juice for you to drink." Sirius motioned for her to take a seat and when she did, he began to eat. "I think..." Sirius said. "That you and I have had a bit of a misunderstanding. When I trust you, I'm not just going to let you go back to Tom. I did not take you just to release you back to Tom. I'm afraid that you're stuck with me until everything is safe."

There was pandemonium as the letter was read by those at the table. That Bellatrix had been taken was something that they were just coming to terms with. That someone had been able to break into their house was another thing entirely. The wards on Grimmauld place were some of the best and should have kept just about anyone else out.

That was all stopped by the sound of someone beating on the door.

Sirius was hearing a bit of what was going on, but since it was pandemonium, he was ignoring it. None of it was particularly important and he stayed focused on Bellatrix.

"Thank you..." She said rather solemnly, she was a bit withdrawn. "Oh do you? Obviously there has been some misunderstanding. I never said to release me back to him... I want to go home...you aren't understanding that I need to be there. To keep them safe, just as you seem to want to keep me safe....and when will that be when will be 'safe'?" Bellatrix became defensive, she just wanted her family to be safe which was why she had made the choice in the first place to suffer for her family.

Narcissa sat at the table with the family all freaking out that someone was able to get into the house, while Narcissa was more concerned with the news about Bella. Glad to hear she was safe but not liking that whoever took her claimed he would do what he liked with her when he wanted to. Narcissa's head snapped towards the door hearing someone banging on it Kreature went to anwser the door.

"Out of the way, creature." There was a yelp as Kreacher was sent sprawling from a well placed boot kick. A man stalked past the cowering creature and walked into the dining room. "I understand my coming can create quite the excitement, but this is beyond what I have come to expect, but perhaps you have figured why I am here. With Bellatrix gone, I will require another Black daughter as her replacement."

Tom looked over the group of Blacks at the table. One by one, the people that were loyal to him went to their knees. Tom spotted the letter clutched in Narcissa's hand as she was the last to read it and wandlessly summoned it to him. He glanced over the note before crushing it in his fist. As he did, the letter burst into flame and fell to the floor as ashes. "Who..." He hissed and glanced around at the assembled Blacks. "Just who is this 'Grim'?"

Tom was beginning to consider this man a true thorn in his side. Not only was he killing his Death Eaters, he was releasing coveted secret information that nobody else could know.

Sirius was about to speak when he dropped his fork and stood from the table. Something was happening and he knew that he could not stop idly by. "I'll explain later, go to go." He did not give Bellatrix time to explain before popping away. Sirius arrived outside Grimmauld place and immediately turned to Snuffles. The door was still open as Kreacher had been unable to close it. He padded towards the door to listen in.

Narcissa heard his voice The Dark Lord was there seeing everyone bow, she bowed her head in respect. Her eyes went wide hearing he required another Black heir to take Bellatrix's place. Next would be Andromeda but she ran away, leaving Narcissa left. Letting go of the note as he summonded it to him. Keeping her gaze down not knowing what was about to happen. "He...took Bella...The Grim...took Bella..." Narcissa managed to say, remembering him say so when he took Bella and ran.

Bellatrix watched him as he dropped the fork, wondering what was the matter. He was really starting to upset her. Sighing she continued to eat her dinner alone seeing as Sirius left to do whatever.

"Of course he did. He allowed a messenger to live. Two it seems." Tom said and summoned Narcissa to him. She was forced off of her feet and floated towards him. He stared down at her and stroked her chin. "Perhaps not as pretty as your sister, but you'll do. Dear Lucius will be disappointed to know that you're taking Bellatrix's place, but he will get over that."

Outside, Sirius had heard enough. He knew that Tom would have to step outside of the premises to apparate away with Narcissa and that was when he would strike. He turned back into his human form and glanced around for a moment. He summoned a piece of trash, a can and tapped it with his wand to turn it into a Porkey. He tossed it back on the ground and moved into the shadows to wait.

"Now, come, Narcissa. You may collect some belongings later. For now, it is time to take you to your new home." Tom was not going to allow this one out of his sights. Having lost one Black sister, he did not wish to lose another.

Narcissa should have kept her mouth shut but afraid not wanting her silence taken as a form of defiance. As she was summoned to him floating in the air looking down until he stroked her chin looking up at him. Hearing him comment how she wasn't as pretty but would do, not knowing what he had planned for her. If she was Bella's replacement wha had he been using Bellatrix for since he commented on her looks. Crushing her as he brought Lucius ino this looking forward to marrying and being with Luicus. "Yes My Lord..." Narcissa said not about to say no to him. Moving with him to leave her family and go for there cause Narcissa wasn't as strong nor as fearless as Bellatrix she was rather terrified. The 16 year old still in Hogwarts was being taken into this war that she didn't really want anything to do with. Where was Bella when she needed her?

Sirius watched as Narcissa and Tom stepped out into the evening. Tom was a tall, handsome man. He could see why people were drawn to him. The Voldemort of the future looked nothing like this as he had been destroyed and rebuilt by rituals too dark to name. Sirius smiled to himself. Since Tom did not have a hand on Narcissa, it would be easy to get away from her.

When the pair stepped outside, Sirius stepped out of the darkness.

"Hello, Tom Riddle." Sirius said as he stepped out. Inside, he was quaking as he knew the man was powerful. He hoped that he would walk away from this alive. "I hear you are looking for information about me."

Tom had stopped as soon as Sirius stepped out. "So, you are the infamous Grim? You have become quite a nuisance. What is it that you hope to accomplish with this little rebellion of yours?"

Sirius's hand twitched and his wand flew into his fingers. He arced it forward and cast a broad range of spells at Tom. They were blasting curses and he hoped to force Tom into blocking it. He did with a quick wave. While Tom was busy, Sirius shot the portkey towards Narcissa and smiled as she disappeared.

Just moments later, Narcissa appeared approximately three feet above the kitchen table that Bellatrix was eating at.

Narcissa looked so sad and miserable not wanting to go with Tom, she was content with her simple exisistance keeping her head down and letting the world go by. Hearing a familiar voice it was the Grim, her eyes widened why was he here stalking the house and their family. Silently looking and listening to the conversation, moving out of the way as spells were fired trying to keep out of the line of fire. Catching the object thrown to her disappearing to he cottage.

Bellatrix having finished her dinner was sitting there drinking her butterbeer. Hearing a pop she lookked around seeing nothing until her little sister fell onto the table. Jumping raising her wand realizing it was her little sister."Cissy! Are you alright!? What are you doing here?" Bella questioned putting her wand away pulling her sister off the table holding her in her arms. Narcissa terrified until she realized she was with Bellatrix cuddling into her crying. "The Dark Lord tried to replace you with me and then the Grim stepped in and I was brought here..." Narcissa explained through sobs. "Shhh..." Bella held her close petting her hair. Bellatrix knew something like this would happen.

Sirius allowed a small smile cross his features as he watched Tom have a fit. That smile dropped as he was forced to dodge a cruciatus curse sent his way. The battle was fierce and hard with both opponents landing hits, but Tom landed far more on Sirius. It was only with a last bit of effort that Sirius was able to apparate away. He appeared on the floor of the kitchen. Blood soaked his shirt and stained the floor. Bellatrix and Narcissa seemed to still be in the kitchen and in decent spirits. He slowly climbed to his feet and slipped a bit before climbing into a chair. He summoned a bottle of muggle whiskey and popped the cap off before taking a long swig of it.

He coughed a bit before looking at the two women.

"Hello." He groaned a bit. "I am sorry for drawing you into this, Narcissa. That was not my intention." Sirius was in pain and needed to sleep after doing himself a bit of healing.

Back
Top Bottom