Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Through the Veil (citizenanon x shani)

"That is honestly, what I had hoped you would choose to do, Narcissa." Sirius said. "You may not understand it nor will you likely ever truly trust me, but I do have an investment in making sure that you are safe and unhurt." Sirius smiled sadly for a moment. "I can collect your belongings for you to make sure things are comfortable here and if you'd like, I can show you a few... interesting spells that you might find useful in school when you go back."

Sirius sipped his tea. "Bellatrix, you don't have much of a choice. I'll be teaching you everything I know. Including how to escape from any sort of problem that you might find yourself in. It's good that your sister has decided to stay as it's not necessarily going to be easy training for either of us."

Bellatrix was glad Narcissa was intelligant and thought things through. Although she made a wise dicission Narcissa really had no idea what was going on, she still wasn't sure what to think of the man who kidnapped them. Trust no but he hadn't hurt them yet so she assumed thing were fine. Nodding her head she would like things of her own instead of borrowing Bella's. Wondering what spells he had that could help her in school.

"I'm well aware of that...If I did I wouldn't be here." Bella said honestly knowing why she was there but with the added information that her sister told her she still wanted to return to Tom. "If it was easy it wouldn't be any fun..."

"Yes, I know." Sirius knew that Bellatrix would rather be at Tom's side than here. There was no way he could make her see what the man had become. "Tell me, Bellatrix, do you think Tom is a handsome man?" He asked curiously. "He was in school, but did you know he uses rituals to artificially empower himself? You've seen one of them first hand." Sirius nodded towards her arm.

"Rituals like that have side effects. A person does not gain power without losing parts of themselves in the process." Sirius shrugged. "Looks go early on. The nose sometimes as well." He smirked a bit. "I'd bet someone who really delved deep into them would lose even the ability to procreate." Sirius set his empty mug down. "And Tom... he goes deeper than any I've heard of before. So deep that not even his soul would survive."

Bellatrix took a sip of her pumpkin juice having lost her appitite while figuring out what to do with Narcissa. Blinking at him of course she did, he was tall, dark hair, beautiful peircing eyes. He was powerful and he found her attractive a least according to her sister he did. "What's it to you if I do or don't?" She asked him in return not knowing why it would matter. When he motioned towards her arm she looked at it, "Yes and I felt every sting of it, too."

Listening to him talking about the side effects of the dark charms Tom used on others for control. Looking at him confused she wasn't following what he was going on about one didn't simply just lose there looks. About to argure but silenced herself thinking about it he knew what Tom would become perhaps he was right...maybe it was foolish of her to even think of Tom in such a light given with what the future held.

"I can assure you that someone who has taken to the dark arts as deeply as Tom has will not be without his troubles." Sirius thought for a long moment and pulled Bellatrix's plate from in front of her. She was not eating it and likely would not and meat to flesh would be much easier to transfigure. He began to cast the spells. The food on the plate began to change until it resembled Tom Riddle as he last saw him. Pale, with out a nose, and with a snake like look to him. "Something like this, perhaps, is in his future."

"Remember, both of you, that the Dark arts are considered Dark for a reason. There is always a cost associated with them. Even if you don't know it at the time." Sirius did not dismiss the transfigured food immediately. He wanted it to settle in with Bellatrix. "And power gained through ritual is artificial at best and should be looked down upon for the lie that it truly is."

Bellatrix listened in silence, as he continued to talk about the troubles that the dark arts often caused, and how far Tom was willing to go. Watching him take her plate not that it mattered to her she was finished eatting having become to upset to eat. Watching him cast the spells, Bellatrix's went wide as she saw what they turned into, that wasn't Tom...it couldn't be.

Narcissa backed away from it it was freaky looking. She wanted nothing to so with the snake-like man to begin with.

Bellatrix just stared at the demented face of the man she loved, looking to Sirius trying to see if he was joking with her, Only to see that it was in fact truth that Tom became a monster. It felt as if there was a lump in Bellatrix's throat and her heart sank within her chest. Carefully getting up, pushing her chair in still looking at the twisted face. "Excuse me...." She spoke softly turning she quickly made her way back upstairs, she needed a minute to herself. Going back to 'her' bedroom, closing the door behind her sitting on the bed. Gentle tears fell from her eyes her heart was broken knowing his nature would change as well if he ended up like that. Tom had been kind to her then again maybe it was all an act to get her to stay, never having felt one of his punishments, she felt defeated.

Narcissa watched her sister excuse herself and run off, hoping her big sister was alright. Never seeing Bella do that before sure she's seen her go to her room but the color seemed to drain from her face and she seemed so heart broken.

"Try not to worry about Bella, Cissy." Sirius said and banished the transfigured food to the trash bin. "It may hurt now, but she will be stronger for it. When she comes out, just be the best sister that you can be and she will be okay." Sirius hated that he had hurt her, but he knew that she had to be broken out of her hero worship of Tom Riddle. Short of a pensieve, this was the only way he could think to get his point across to her.

"Tell me, Narcissa, are you falling in love with Lucius?" Sirius asked, "That is a very rare and good thing in an arranged marriage." Sirius smiled. "Lucius has the capacity to be a great man, you know."

"That's easier said then done...she worries so much about the rest of us and yet when she is upset there is nothing to be done...then again she never usually shows it...nor does she accept any condulence... to her, her emotions are weakness and they hinder her progress...but I don't know if that is her or Mr. Riddle talking." Narcissa replied feeling sorrow for her sister. Nodding her head as he mentioned her being the best sister she could be.

"Lucius...?" She smiled "Yes, I think I am. We spend alot of time together. I was kinda crushing on him before finding out I would be arranged to marry him...he seem's happy with me. I'm sure he will be, he has hopes to work for the Ministry." Narcissa replied thinking about Her's and Lucius' relationship.

Lucius working for the ministry. Heh.

"Given the right motivation, he could be minister of magic one day." Sirius agreed. "With the right woman behind him, he could be a very powerful and strong leader in the magical world." Perhaps he could nudge Lucius into the right direction. It was possible.

"Just between you and I, Cissy, I don't think that Tom is all that he says he is." Sirius winked. "He's a powerful magic user, certainly, but so is Albus Dumbledore. Tom just has the charisma and lack of morality to draw people to him with empty promises."

Sirius began to cast and put the rest of the breakfast stuff away. "Outside of healing, what do you enjoy doing in school, Cissy? I passed my NEWTs on all of the core subjects, so I can help you with anything you're interested in."

Nodding her head Lucius was intellengent as well as good looking with his platinum locks. She hoped he'd succeed in whatever path he chose. Narcissa giggled and blushed slightly when he commented on Lucius would do well with the right woman behind him.

"Neither do I...He scares me. The family seems to trust him and with him taking Bella I have well had to show support though I would never take that aweful mark...Yes he is powerful... Dumbledore? He's a teacher at Hogwarts..." She replied Narcissa wasn't a fan of Tom but with her sister and Fiance she had to play along with it.

Thinking about what else she liked, "Well, um herbology...potions, transfiguration...to name a few." She stated enjoying many of her school subjects.

"As it just so happens, I'm something of a prodigy when it comes to transfiguration." Sirius changed into his Grim form for a half second and gave a soft 'wuff' before turning back into himself. "Myself and a couple other students taught ourselves this around the third year or so." He smiled. "Self transfiguration will be something you study soon. If you'd like, I can teach you to do this as well."

The ability to transform into an animal would be helpful. He intended on teaching Bellatrix as well to make sure that she could escape from Azkaban herself if she needed to. He would not allow her to be taken.

"It's not as difficult as people make it out to be if you have a competent teacher. I'd bet that you'll get it before you go back to Hogwarts if you apply yourself well." So far as he knew, Narcissa had never taken part in this training, but he was certain she could.

Narcissa tilted her head when he claimed to be a 'prodigy' in transfiguration. Watching him transform before her eyes into his Grim form. She smiled at how fluid the motions were. "Nice you are very skilled at it. Yes, I would like to learn, we haven't gotten that far in class yet. It's just been notes and book work."

Nodding her head "A competent teacher usually is a requirement when learning a new skill." Narcissa smiled she was a Black she learned things rather quickly. "I'm a quick learner..."

"The first thing you'll have to do if you want to learn this is to go find a comfortable spot where you can relax. You're going to have to learn the basics of meditation to get through the very beginning of this." Sirius smiled. It would also be a good start to her learning occlumency to protect her mind. He did not anticipate her needing it, but it would be a good skill to have. "When you're comfortable, close your eyes and relax. Try not to focus on any one thought. If something comes up, look at it, then let it pass you by. It may be tough to do at first, but as you practice it will get easier and easier to do. That is the first step in learning to do the transformation as if it were second nature."

Sirius smiled. "Go ahead. You can go anywhere outside so long as you stay within the fence. That's the ward line. Inside the fence, you are safe and undetectable. You won't be able to get past the fence just yet, so I do not recommend trying right now." Sirius looked outside. "The sun is out and it should be nice and warm. Enjoy it."

Listening to the advice he was giving her, every little bit helped. Nodding her head Narcissa went outside conjuring a chair to sit in. Finding a shady place although it was still warm and enjoyable. Setting up the chair Narcissa climbed in making herself comfortable, closing her eyes taking a deep breathe and exhaling she begain to meditate and relax.

Bellatrix was curled up on he bed not wanting to be bothered angry and upset, closing her eyes attempting to calm herself.

With Narcissa out of the house, Sirius made his way upstairs and to Bella's door. He did not bother knocking, but instead let himself into the room and crossed the room. He did not say anything, but instead transformed into his Grim form and hopped onto the bed next to her. He whined a bit and licked at her face. He did not think that trying to help her as a human would work, but she seemed to react well to this form before.

Bellatrix laid there holding a pillow close to her, her tears had stopped and her eyes remained closed. Not hearing the door open feeling someone jump on the bed opening her eyes to she Sirius' Grim form. Recieving kisses her hands balled into fits and her heart began to race. Turning over away from him, although she reacted her hand back and scratched behind his ears. Bellatrix was still very upset but she wouldn't harm an animal even if it was Sirius, then again she would hurt her family either.

Sirius woofed happily when she began to scratch his ears and settled down next to her. He lay down next to her for a long while to just let her know he was there while she was working through her trouble with the reality of Tom Riddle. After a good half hour, he backed away and transformed into himself and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Bella." Sirius said softly. He reached out and touched her shoulder. "It's a hard reality to see someone you admire fall so far short of your expectations." He frowned. "It's hard to live with having someone fool you and use you without remorse."

Bellatrix smiled slightly when he 'woofed' happily. Trying to relax again, Bellatrix was jus torn and boken having looked to Tom to save her from everything her forced marriage, the bright future he promised, and the fact he seemed to admire her as she admired him. He was training her he didn't send someone else to train her he was personally training her. Then Sirius shows up and crushes evrything she had fallen for, she was so hurt even if he was doing it for her own good.

"What...?" She asked her voice was soft still not looking at him. Her body tensed slightly as her touched her relaxing under his gentle touch. "Sirius...shut up...you're not helping..." Her voice was still soft but it cracked as she choked out the words.

"Stop trying to be a tough bitch, Bellatrix." Sirius said, "Let it out. If you keep things bottled up like this, it's going to explode all at once one day." Sirius did not do anything as she flinched, but moved his hand to her back and began to stroke it. "Let your tears out, Bellatrix. It will help with what you're going through."

Sirius had his heart broken in school a couple times and knew a bit about it. He had consoled James on more than one occasion as well before he had taken to Lily full time.

Bellatrix rolled her eye's "I don't have to try I am..." She replied Bellarix was tough and powerful. "I don't cry..." She replied granted she had cried infront of him before, so that was a lie. But she didn't wan Narcissa to hear her cry she had to stay dtrong for her. Relaxing as his hand rubbed her back, still fighting back her tears. It was foolish to cry they weren't an item...though she cared so much for him only wanting to make him happy and he became a monster from the cause he wanted to fight for. Bellatrix balled herself up and silent tears begain to fall from her eyes.

Sirius smiled. "Narcissa is outside and will be for several more hours. She's learning meditation so that I can teach her to be an animagus." He explained gently and continued to comfort her. "It's okay, Bellatrix. Let it out." Sirius moved and lay next to her on the bed so that he could more easily comfort her. "Being a tough witch and letting your emotions out are not mutually exclusive. You can do both. In fact, some of the most powerful light magic is emotion based." Dark was as well, but he wanted to push her away from such a thing.

Bellatrix never really knew heart ache she broke hearts her's was never broken. Hearing hr sister was outside meditating that sounded like Narcissa but to become an animagus that was a new one to her not knowing her sister wanted to learn that. When he laid down next to her she turned over and cuddled close to him as she cried keeping her face hidden. The last person she had cried to was her mother when she was little. "You know our family... they are two very different things...." She stated most emotions were weak and not needed not just within her family, Tom was rather similar emotions just often got in the way.

"You're right and that's exactly what has driven the family to the point it is now." Sirius sighed. "No love, no empathy between people, no showing care. Is it surprising that I felt unloved growing up or that Regulus felt that he had to step in as he did?" Sirius gave his head a shake. "It's not a healthy way to live, Bellatrix and it twists people in so many different ways that it makes them unrecognizeable. No, embrace your emotions. Embrace that you feel and you will be stronger for it." Sirius pulled his wand and closed his eyes. This was not as easy for him as it had once been. He focused on James. On Lily. On holding baby Harry in his arms for the first time. He felt a glowing warmth in his chest and cast. "Expecto Patronum." A large gryffin appeared in the room. It was pearly white and seemed to glow an unearthly pale color. It moved around the room and he could feel the warmth and love radiating off of it. "This is the sort of magic that embracing your emotions can bring you, Bellatrix. A guardian spirit. I once saw a young boy, no older than thirteen at the time drive off over one hundred dementors because of how deeply he could love. Anyone who tells you that emotions are not powerful and should be cast aside knows not of what they speak."

Bellatrix fell silent it was the way she was raised, a young lady especially a Black shouldn't show so much emotion it might chase away a potential suitor. "Yes but then you see Cissy, she loves so purely...yet she was raised the same...while I'm so cold..." Bellatrix relied she didn't understand, then again Narcissa was the baby thus she was spoiled well they all were but Narcissa was always babied more. "I wouldn't know seeing as you would currently be in school and I would be running around for Tom, I lost track of you when you went to school...I don't follow you about Rugulus stepping in..." She replied she knew Sirius had it rough. She continued to cry on his chest, staying close to him, listening to his heart beat. Looking at him confused when he casted a unfamiliar spell, she never heard that one before seeing the bright light, her eyes widened. "Sirius what the blood hell is that?" She asked watching the ghostly griffin. There was a strange feeling in the room that Bellatrix didn't understand. "You're making that up...a young boy fighting off over a hundred dementors?" Thinking about that, what were dementors doing out of Azkaban why was a young boy warding them off with such a spell? It was either made up or from the future that no longer existed.

"Narcissa can love so openly because you buffer her from what the family wants and she lucked into an arranged marriage where she will fall in love with her husband." Sirius explained. "And Regulus... when I left, he had no buffer. He had to step into the role of eldest son and it drove him to the dark arts." Sirius felt immense guilt and his patronus doubled its efforts to drive the feelings of darkness away. "The boy... he was protecting someone when he cast the spell. He was protecting the only person left that he could call family. Love has no limits on power, Bellatrix and it will always survive." He smiled and brushed her dark curls from her eyes. "This spell is a... guardian spirit of sorts summoned by feelings of love and hope. It can drive back the darkest of creatures. You can feel it radiating love and acceptance now, Bella. It's like a warm blanket to us, the good, but a holy fire to those who are truly evil."

The griffin, sensing no evil sat on its haunches and watched the two of them closely and waited for a direction from Sirius.

Back
Top Bottom