Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Through the Veil (citizenanon x shani)

Bellatrix held onto her sister as the younger Black cried having been scared todeath from the ordeal. "I told you everything would be be fine, I kept my word...See we're fine and we're safe here." Bellatrix cooed trying to calm her hysterical sister. Narcissa never wanted any part of this just wanting to live her life the way she wanted, safe and sound with her family. Holding tightly to Bellatrix. Afriad if she let go Bella would be taken from her again. Bellatrix waited patiently for Sirius to return, then again if he didn't the two would be stuck there until they figured out how to remove the charms and such. Snapping her head seeing Sirius on the floor covered in blood. Bellatrix wasn't sure whether to be angry or relieved. Narcissa jumped seeing hiom clinging tighter to Bellatrix. "Shh...Cissy it's okay...he won't hurt you...he saved you..granted if he hadn't gotten involved in the first place...you won't have been dragged into this mess." Bellatrix said trying to calm her sister while trying to figure out her own feelings. "I told you...things wll get worse with me missing, I need to go back before anything else happens...I can't help them if I'm stuck here...Tom will return you and your brother are the next of kin in the house of Black, and you only just stated school..." Bellatrix stated worrying seeing Narcissa was nearly harmed being taken by the Dark Lord. "Perhaps you should rest... you're hurt..." She suggested towards Sirius this wasn't the time to be angry not with him hurt and Narcissa terrified.

"And I've told you, I'm not going to let you become the person you were and let the family fall to ruin." Sirius retorted as he had before. He took another drag of the whiskey before putting the top back on and banishing it back to its shelf. "I have plans forming for the little ones, don't worry about them. They're safe for now and will remain that way, I assure you. My life depends on it." Okay, perhaps it did not technically count on it, but who cared about technicalities. "Cissy, take a deep breath and try to relax. You're safe and everything is going to be okay. Spend some time with Trixie." Sirius picked himself up from the table and banished any blood that had been left on the ground and area before staggering back towards his room. "And Bellatrix?" He called. "Thank you for caring."

Sirius stumbled into his room and stripped his robes and shirt from his body. He looked at himself in his bathroom mirror and narrowed his eyes at the cuts that littered his chest. Voldemort had reflected his Sectumsempra back at him and he had barely managed to contain the blasted spell. The scars would fade as he had used the counter curse, but for now they were puckered and red. Some still oozed. Below the cuts, the right side of his rib cage was a dark blue, almost black in color. He had caught a blasting curse straight on. Even his shoulder was swelling. Probably dislocated.

Sirius began by casting basic diagnostic spells on himself to find out exactly what was wrong and what was broken. He was mostly correct and slowly set about repairing himself.

He had put her little sister in danger she would have been fine if Bella was still were she was supposed to be. At the right side of Tom, keeping her family safe from distruction even if it meant her own life and happiness. Granted Bella was a little afraid of the woman he claimed she became. "I have to worry about them...it's my job..." She knew his life depended in away seeing as he was the elder of the one she didn't know if something happened to the little one would it effect the older one? Bella caressed Narcissa's hair holding the 16 year old. Watching Sirius as he stood up and walked off, urning her head hearing her name, nodding her head.

Looking back to her sister, "Cissy you hungry?" She asked her little sister, who shook her head. "Alright...then let's get you cleaned up and then get some rest..." Bella suggested. Narcissa nodded her head holding onto her sister. Bella pulled out a spare pair of pj's, and showed Cissy the bathroom having her shower. Leaving to check on Sirius worried about him seeing as he saved her sister. Knocking on his door, "Hey can I come in?" She asked wanting to appologize and to thank him, hoping he was alright.

Sirius was leaning against the wall and casting a spell to knit his ribs back together when Bellatrix knocked on his door. He called her in then went back to what he had been doing. One of the ribs was fixed, but he still had two more to go. The bruise had not yet faded and would not unless he got a bit of medicine for it. When Bellatrix entered, he looked up. "How is Narcissa doing?" He asked. He did feel bad about her getting pulled into things but there was likely to be even more changes from what he knew the time line to be like. Still, he had an idea for Sirius and Regulus. A good idea that he thought would not only save his brother, but ensure that both of the boys were safe.

Bellatrix enter upon geting the okay from him to enter. Shutting he door behind her seeing the bruising on his ribs. Bellatrix sighed, "Narcissa is terrifed, she's not really talking right now...I'm having her shower to relax..." She replied not sure how to make her calm down. "I'm bad at this...Um Thank you for saving Narcissa, even though it was kinda your fault..." Bellatrix stated trying to be respectful, she was grateful but this was a mess and seemed to be getting worse. "...How are you fairing? Is there anything I can do?"

"Keeping an eye on Narcissa is about the best you can do right now unless you've experience with healing magic." Sirius said from where he was watching himself in the mirror and casting. "I really did not intend on anyone else getting involved. I should have known that Tom would not allow something like this to happen, but from here on things are probably going to be off script."

Sirius continued to cast. "When I was Sirius's age, I left to stay with the Potters. They essentially adopted me. There's no reason for them not to take Regulus as well." Sirius frowned a bit. "He died in my time line. Turned against Tom and died for it. Him staying with my mother and father is what pushed him to go to Tom."

"I know a few, Narcissa is better with healing spells then I am...She's showering and will be in there for a bit hopefully calming down...." Bellatrix said hoping all would be well. "Yes...I tried to tell you... he won't just stop because I'm not there... that was part of why I agreed to go he wouldn't bother the others...Well this will be interesting then seeing as the time line is messed up...things have changed and Merlin only knows what's in store."

"Oh...obviously I didn't know that...seeing as it hasn't happened yet....Oh he died?..I see..." Then thinking abou it with him not letting her go back what if Tom found her and decided to kill her for turning away from him? She was scared again not wanting that to happen either.

"You're not going to share his fate." Sirius said as if he were reading her mind. He set his wand down. This was going nowhere quickly. Perhaps Narcissa would be able to help with the healing after she was out of the shower. "There's no way you could have known what happened or is happening, Bellatrix. None of us did until it was too late. I'm not going to let that happen again and I've already started with it." Sirius nodded towards a book on his bed. "I've found the spell that Tom uses to place the Dark Mark. With the spell, we can work out a method to remove it or at the very least, sever the connection between his followers and him."

Bellatrix looked at him, "No? How can you be so sure? Hm he tried to take Narcissa he could easily take my life...I had my own twisted fate..." Bellatrix was worried still thinking it would have been better to stay were she had been things weren't looking good to her anyway. "No I guess I couldn't have known especially since I didn't really fully see the wrong in it...to end up the appearent monster that I became..." Looking at the book on his bed, "Lovely...what if it doesn't work?"

"It will work." Sirius promised. He knew there was a way to undo it. He just had to figure it out. Perhaps he could not over power Tom in a fight, but he was a Marauder. He could and would take care of it. "The wrong?" Sirius asked. He sighed. How could he show her. "You only see the power that I told you about. You don't know the evil that you become." Sirius would have to find a pensieve somehow to show her. To explain what would happen. Perhaps then she would know. "I will have to see if there is a spell to share memories. I know of one method, but I do not think it would be good for us to attempt it just yet."

Sirius heard the water turn off. Narcissa must have just finished. "Please bring your sister in here. If she's able to help me, I would appreciate it."

Bellatrix listened to him no she didn't know the true evil that she became, but she could only imagine what years of Azkaban and torment would do to a person. Going by what he told her, there was just so much going on. Nodding her head seeing that the things he knew hadn't happened to her yet, and if he could help it wouldn't. Bella looked at him a moment, turning to go check on Narcissa not realizing the water had turned off. Narcissa walking out of the bathroom dressed in a long black night gown that obviously belonged to Bellatrix. Taking her hand she brought her sister to Sirius. "Cissy would you mind helping heal him, you know you're better at healing spells then I am." Bella asked her sister, Narcissa nodded her head agreeing to help him.

Sirius kept his wand put away when Narcissa approached. It would not do to spook the poor girl now. It was strange to see how innocent she was not without Lucius and Tom's influence. She was yet another person changed forever by the Half-Blood Lord. Just another reason to keep doing what he was doing. His will was galvanizing and he knew that he had to fight to win or else it would not matter. Already so much was changing. He could not see just how far it would go, but he knew that he was putting the future he knew in real jeopardy, but at this point what did it matter? It was shitty anyway.

"Thank you for agreeing to help, Narcissa." Sirius smiled. "I have two broken ribs and a recently dislocated shoulder. I've put it back, but it's swelling." It would also have been incredibly painful, but the whiskey was taking the edge off. "Anything you can do would be great. I'm not sure what Bellatrix has told you, but you're in no danger here. You're safer in this house than you are at Grimmauld Place."

Bellatrix stayed close to her sister knowing how jumpy she could be. Narcissa was scared she wasn't big for chane and with the drama in the household between little Sirus sorted into Griffindor, Andromeda running away, and Bellatrix running around with Tom, seeing her fight in a highly dangerous situtation. Narcissa was jus an innocent child going along for the ride. It didn't help that Bellatrix babied her youngest sister, but always looking out and protecting her.

Narcissa looked at him analyzing him seeing his friendly smile, looking where his wounds were, looking for any other wounds. Seeing the dark brusing on his torso where his boken ribs were, as well as the swelling in his shoulder, looking at the gashes on his skin still oozing. Pointing her wand at him, "This will hurt....Brackium Emendo." Narcissa gave fair warning before she started, mutering the spell to heal the broken and dislocated bones. "Tergeo..." She uttered removing the dried blood from his wounds as well as removed the swelling, "Vulnera Sanentur..." Healing his deep gashes from the Sectumsempra. Once everything was healed she placed her wand by her side once more.

"Cissy wants to be a healer, she likes to help people often fixing the things I destroy..." Bellatrix said knowing her little sister but she also knew that the Women of the house of Black rarely worked normally having plenty of money to be supported if not working was for their husbands. Bellatrix usually in a fit of rage would break her things and Narcissa would often go and fix them almost like a game. Bellatrix kissed her check gently "Thank you Cissy." Narcissa nodded her not nowing what to think of the situation.

Sirius grit his teeth as Narcissa went about healing the battle damage on his body. When she was finished, he let out the long breath that he had been holding. "Thank you, Narcissa." He smiled. "I did not know that you had an interest in being a healer." It had never come up in his timeline. Narcissa had been become a socialite and house wife after marrying Lucius. "You have a talent for healing. You should pursue it. The world needs more good healers."

Sirius produced his wand and cleaned the drying blood from his body now that things were healed up. He slipped a loose fitting robe over his body.

"How are you feeling, Narcissa?" Sirius asked with concern evident in his voice. "I know it's been long night for you."

Narcissa reached back and took hold of Bellatrix's hand, she didn't like being apart from her older sister. Bowing her head when he gave her thanks for healing him. "You're welcome..." Nodding her agreeing that she wanted to persure being a healer then again she would have to wait and see what married life held for her. Smiling when he claimed she had a talent for healing she didn't get to do it often but she studied well. "We'll have to see what the future holds..." Bellatrix chimed in, seeing as the future was changing. Narcissa had no idea who the man was before her, nor where or when he was from.

Blinking at him as he asked how she felt, "Well...seeing as I was nearly taken by Mr. Riddle, for whatever purpose since my sister wasn't there to help me like she promised...." Bellatrix hung her head she did promise her sister she would always be there to protect her little sister. "Only to be kidnapped to Merlin knows where...to be reunied with my sister....I'm not really sure how currently I feel..." Narcissa replied conflicted she didn't know if this was a good thing or a bad thing even after being told she was safe.

"Yes, we will." Sirius agreed. "I'm afraid that I'm going to have to get some rest, you two." Sirius did not want to chase them out, but he was about to collapse. "Narcissa, we'll figure out exactly what to do with you tomorrow, but rest assured, you'll have some say in what's going to happen and if you wish to write a letter to your family to ensure them that you are safe, you may do so and I will deliver it for you. I'll even take one to Lucius if you so desire."

Perhaps if he were delivering a letter from Narcissa, Lucius would listen to him.

"You to go on. I'm sure you have a lot of things to talk about given everything that's happened. If you need me, don't hesitate to wake me up." Sirius ushered them out before collapsing onto his bed.

Bellatrix felt aweful that she had gotten kiddnapped and hadn't been able to fufill her promise to Narcissa, although that wasn't her fault per say it still hurt. Narcissa listening to him claiming her to be safe and that she would have a say in whatever is going on Nodding her head when he said to write a letter to her family and Lucius informing them she was alright. Bellatrix lead Narcissa back to the bedroom when he booted them from his room. Bellatrix shut the door behind them changing into a night dress, "Well I guess it's time for bed, not much else to do.." Bella said not really sure what to talk to her sister about not wanting to explain who the man was it might complicate things. Bella climbed into bed followed by Narcissa who cuddled up to Bellatrix holding her close. covering them with a blanket Bella turned off the light and kissed her sister's forhead, getting ready to try and rest.

Sirius woke early the next morning. He felt better than he had any right to and slipped out of the bed and into the shower. It was hot enough to scald, but he survived and made his way out before dressing in comfortable clothes. He grabbed the book and walked into the kitchen with it. After setting out tea, he cracked open the book and began to flip through it. It was still early. In a bit of time, he would put some breakfast on for the girls. For now, though, he was going to focus on looking through the book.

The girls slept through the night, figuring rest would be better then being up all night talking ,they could talk when they woke up.

Narcissa began to stir looking at her sleeping sister, "Hey Bella...Bella? Are you awake?" She asked nudging Bellatrix.
Bellatrix groaned waking up seeing her sister, "What's a matter Cissy?" She questioned seeing it was still early. Narcissa sighed softly, "Bella am I pretty...?" she asked softly. Looking at her confused, siting up some, "What? of course you're pretty! Who told you otherwise?" Bella demaned, who dared to tell her sister that she wasn't pretty. Looking down, "Well, When he tried to take me away...Mr. Riddle said that I wasn't as pretty as you..." Bellatrix blinked at her sister, Tom thought she was pretty? The thought made her heart flutter. Snapping out of it Bella smiled softly to her little sister, "Of course you're pretty, you're still young and still growing, When you're my age you'll go from pretty girl to beautiful woman, like me. All women of the House of Black are drop dead gorgous...Tom's older and just has different tastes, plus Lucius finds you very attractive that's all that matter's." Bellatrix consoled her sister while being happy herself seeing as her crush thought she was pretty, even if Sirius was trying to turn her against Tom she couldn't help how she felt. "Thanks Bella you know how to make me feel better." Cissy smiled, sitting up stretching. Bellatrix sat up with her grabbing a brush Bella began to brush her sister's hair.

Sirius heard a bit of movement from where he knew the girls were. That roused him from his studies. He placed a book mark in the book and shut it. He had found exactly what spell Tom had used and was coming up on a way to remove the mark. It would require some work... a lot of work, but it was doable and it was going to be his biggest bargaining chip. Sirius waved his wand and started breakfast cooking on the stove top. While that worked, he summoned paper and a muggle pen to start writing down calculations on the ritual. Occasionally he would reference another book to make sure he was doing correctly while also occasionally checking the stove to ensure that nothing was burning.

By the time the girls were ready to come down, breakfast was set out and he was steadily adding paper to the piles of ideas and calculations as he did his best to work everything out.

Bellatrix missed brushing her sister's hair with her being busy between being given to Tom for the cause, as well as preparing for her impending wedding, and Narcissa being in school they didn't have much time to have quaility time. Bellatrix heard movement downstairs figuring Sirius was awake, possibly cooking she couldn't tell. Thinking of everything going on...not knowing what to do anymore she thought she had everything figured out. Appearently is was the wrong choice according to Sirius anyway. "Bella...do you think Andromeda is safe?" Bellatrix tensed slightly thinking about her other sister who disappeared running away from home to marry a muggle born. "I'm sure she's fine...knowin our parents and the fact she left willingly with such Tom probably wont even bother with her..." Bella said trying to be nice although they were still hurt by her choice. "Let's go downstairs and later I'll help you with your note, okay?" Bellatrix suggested narcissa smiled getting up then remembered she was in Bella's night dress. Bella waved her wand changing her sister into a form fitting emerald green dress, while she changed into a black dress that was similar plus a corset. Leading the way downstairs.

Sirius very nearly choked on his tea when the two sisters walked into the kitchen. Bellatrix, he had come to expect to dress in tight clothing, but he had not expected Narcissa to do the same and as it was, he was thinking that Lucius would be a lucky man one day. "Okay, you two." He said and nodded to the table. "Come sit down and eat. You're both looking pretty this morning."

Bacon, eggs, toast, and pumpkin juice were waiting for the two of them. Sirius had already eaten.

"Now that we've all rested and are feeling put back together, thanks again, Narcissa, have a bite to eat and we can get talking about what's going to go on with you, Narcissa."

Narcissa often wanted to be like her older sister Bellatrix, at least as a child she always looked up to her sister. Bellatrix knowing her sister wasn't feeling "pretty" Bella had conjured the dress for her to wear hoping to make her feel beautiful. Both girls smiled brightly, Bella thinking to what Narcissa had recently told her and Narcissa was smiling being told she was pretty by someone other than her sister. Both girls sat for breakfast. "Thank you..." The girls said at the same time.

Bella took the glass it looked like pumpkin juice and smelled like it, making sure it wasn't orange. Narcissa nodded her head as he thanked her once again for healing him. Beginning to eat seeing as she hadn't eaten supper being abducted.

"As it stands, you cannot go back to the Black family, Narcissa." Sirius stated matter of factly. "If I return you, it will simply put everyone else in danger as Tom will see it as the family doing something to keep you away from him. We can't have that." Sirius sipped his drink. "But, I don't think this will be the terrible summer that you're thinking it might be. You have a few options. You could leave the country. Go to France or Spain. It's safe there. Tom's recruitment from over seas is minimal and he's trying not to draw attention from foreign ministries right now." He shrugged. "The problem with that is that you would essentially be on your own. Cash is no issues as I can get that for you. As much as you need to live comfortably. The second option is that you stay here and I can see about arranging visits with Lucius."

Narcissa truly was a wonderful piece of leverage on dear Lucius. Perhaps he could use this to ensure that Snape was not targeted by Lucius for recruitment and the boy would turn out alright. He would have to talk to the Potters about that too.

"The third is that I wipe your memories and replace them with something truly terrible so that your family and you will think that you have been tortured for information. Potentially even worse." Sirius set his cup down. "I do not wish to do that as it would be immensely painful for you to endure. If you have another idea or you, Bellatrix, now is the time to tell me. Either way, I will return you to Hogwarts come September first."

Bellatrix knew that was coing seeing as she herself couldn't go home figuring Narcissa wouldn't be able to either. Then again Bellatrix would rather it be that way seeing as Tom would just take her from there, putting Narcissa and the rest of the family in danger. Both girls looked at him like he was nuts to put Narcissa over sea's by herself, she was only 16 after all. Narcissa did know some French so the language wouldn't be too difficult.

Blinking at him, Bellatrix sat silently no longer interested in her breakfast more tuned into the conversation. Upon hearing he could wipe her memories and how painful it would be Bellatrix glred at him how dare he suggest such plus that wouldn't help any Tom would have proper feul to convince Narcissa to join with him to fight the attacker who "tortured" her. Bellarix didn't know what to do, she didn't want her litle sister trapped there, nor did she wan her to be sent away, to be alone, she most definately didn't want her memories tampered with to make a fake torturing since that worked so well with Bellatrix.

Narcissa listened to her options none of them sounded to greatest not knowing what to do, She didn't like to be alone unlike her sister Bellatrix who was older and was used to being alone. Narcissa didn't want any painful or traumatizing memories tha didn't exist. "Well can't I just stay here? Seeing as you and Bella have said it was safer here...plus I would very much like to see Lucius again..." She replied it seemed like the bes option of the three.

Back
Top Bottom